• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

saintjules

ps5-leak-price-games-release-date-reveal-date.original.jpg

This is tastyyyy
I still think this is the best design so far. That and the Black version

Last edited:

FranXico

Purchasing zenimax would be the biggest cunt stab you could do. It’s like buying EA, Activision or Capcom. These are supposed to be third party studios.

The whole “for the players” bollocks goes out the window when you pull that shit, because no, it’s for your wallet. I hate it when any company does that shit...

So if that were to happen, I would be utterly pissed...
You mean, like buying Mojang? People get over it.

CJY

Banned
Purchasing zenimax would be the biggest cunt stab you could do. It’s like buying EA, Activision or Capcom. These are supposed to be third party studios.

The whole “for the players” bollocks goes out the window when you pull that shit, because no, it’s for your wallet. I hate it when any company does that shit...

So if that were to happen, I would be utterly pissed...
Well, they'll put all the games on PC anyway.

After a 3 year wait.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
You mean, like buying Mojang? People get over it.

That’s not even remotely close, it’s a single game that is still on every platform.

you’re telling me you would be ok with every future Wolf, Doom and Quake game, as well as Fallout, Elder Scrolls, dishonoured and Prey, all being exclusive... would be ok?

How is that ok, in any shape or form?

Audiophile

Gold Member
I find a lot of the renders to be either very garish and "boy-racer" or extremely conservative and derivative of other modern devices, even when the're extremely well executed like the one above, aka. "P S5".

Consoles, and PlayStations in particular have always struck a nice balance between the two; and while their designs were often very polarising, they're extremely iconic and I've yet to see a render that captures that.

I also find a lot of renders to have incoherent use of fonts and poor font spacing.

FranXico

That’s not even remotely close, it’s a single game that is still on every platform.

you’re telling me you would be ok with every future Wolf, Doom and Quake game, as well as Fallout, Elder Scrolls, dishonoured and Prey, all being exclusive... would be ok?

How is that ok, in any shape or form?
That would be worse than not ok, it would be freaking stupid for themselves. They would miss out on all that PC money.
But then again, Sony also port their exclusives to PC, so...

Last edited:

GermanZepp

Here is now a direct question
Do you really think this leak is unrealistic ?
I certainly do not like to fantasize, but everything that is written here somehow seems logical(Except for Killzon. Although, who knows))

There is like, a lot of stuff too good to be true, all the backwards and games, no way. Maybe 1 of all those games turns up at launch. Sony said that they are gonna space even more the time between first party exclusives.

FranXico

Is not the same. Mojang is minecraft and all the subproducts of it. Zenimax has many big games .
And Minecraft is a much bigger game than most of those.
Plenty of people would also (rightfully) be upset at that if it happened, but life goes on and eventually people adjust to the new reality. It's always like that.

GermanZepp

And Minecraft is a much bigger game than most of those.
Plenty of people would also (rightfully) be upset at that if it happened, but life goes on and eventually people adjust to the new reality. It's always like that.
For sure, people suck it up. But that adquisitions are similar in scale but not the same for consumer i think.

Last edited:

OsirisBlack

Banned
Most of you all are getting played in your thirst for information and you don’t even realize it.

First, most “insider” predictions about upcoming games are just genericcomments and everyone gets excited. I mean no shit there will be sci fi and sequels. I could write that now and be right no matter the game.

if you are going to leak, leak the actual information that can be proven right or wrong. If not, you are making generalizations for clout.

Second, can anyone here describe a single game trailer that they have watched once in the level of detail that Osiris just did? Seriously, a “vertical slice” and you picked all that up. Unless they handed you a video and said write everything you see for a descriptive writing paper you would never pick all of that up. That reads like a short story scene that someone just wrote to make a point.

no one would even write all of that stuff down about a current game scene they are watching.

”Insiders” are always seeking clout and the easiest way to do that is make general statements and never have to be proven wrong.

Just saying, you should be putting your sceptic hat on much more than you are because stuff like the above should make you question whats happening.

Trees sway in the wind and a trail of smoke drifts off into the twilight sky. You can see the embers from the smoke floating around in the distance. Soldiers throw a body into the flames sending smoke embers and sparks into the night sky. The man walks towards the soldiers the camera is low to the ground and behind him. As he walks across what looks to be a recently concluded battleground he walks with a purpose through the mud. We see his footprints in the mud and a puddle of water ripples as he steps through it. He stands off in the distance between the trees but in plain view. His back to the sun it is too bright to make him out. The shadows look much better in this version crisp and detailed.

There is another from memory description of a video I saw well before it was released to the public. Just like the above is detailed enough for you to know exactly what I was talking about when you see it.

There is no estimation. target specs: SeX: 12+, PS5: 13+

This kind of bullshit is why i wont post anything next-gen related in this thread anymore.

Develop a thick skin.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Trees sway in the wind and a trail of smoke drifts off into the twilight sky. You can see the embers from the smoke floating around in the distance. Soldiers throw a body into the flames sending smoke embers and sparks into the night sky. The man walks towards the soldiers the camera is low to the ground and behind him. As he walks across what looks to be a recently concluded battleground he walks with a purpose through the mud. We see his footprints in the mud and a puddle of water ripples as he steps through it. He stands off in the distance between the trees but in plain view. His back to the sun it is too bright to make him out. The shadows look much better in this version crisp and detailed.

There is another from memory description of a video I saw well before it was released to the public. Just like the above is detailed enough for you to know exactly what I was talking about when you see it.

Develop a thick skin.

Please be Ghosts Day 0 patch ;)

bitbydeath

Have you heard anything about a potential Motorstorm?

Lort

Banned
Screwed up claiming BluePoint remaking Demon Souls instead of Twisted Metal. Therefore Fake.

Their trolling says not one but two.. and hints at twisted metal AND Demon Souls.

This rumor looks pretty likely though..
Multiple states of the same game at once? It’s absolutely possible but how would save games and auto save work.. I suspect this is so u can quick swap between multiplayer and single player modes. ( which are often different executables packaged as one on consoles)

It says ps5 and xbox Sex are similar I suspect MS can bump up clocks before release and Sony can’t.. so they will push for 2tb rather than 1.( which for games is a good thing 1tb isn’t much!)
If Sony has 3x SIMD at 36 cu rather than 2xsimd at 56 ( for xbox) .. the tf will be similar but the actuall performance in different tasks will varey .. but overall it will make at most up to 10% difference in gpu tasks. So overall prob less than 5% difference in frame rate that will lessen with optimization. Given the same TF ..In a task which is distributable xbox will be faster but in a task that’s recursive Sony will be just as fast and potentially slightly faster. ... So overall the architecture difference won’t noticeably impact performance.

If Sony has the overall performance advantage they probably wouldn’t consider changing to 2 tb disk.. I’d say Ms can up clock gpu more and Sony knows this and will put in more disk for same cost.

Overall I rate this leak as probable!

Niked

Their trolling says not one but two.. and hints at twisted metal AND Demon Souls.

This rumor looks pretty likely though..
Multiple states of the same game at once? It’s absolutely possible but how would save games and auto save work.. I suspect this is so u can quick swap between multiplayer and single player modes. ( which are often different executables packaged as one on consoles)

It says ps5 and xbox Sex are similar I suspect MS can bump up clocks before release and Sony can’t.. so they will push for 2tb rather than 1.( which for games is a good thing 1tb isn’t much!)
If Sony has 3x SIMD at 36 cu rather than 2xsimd at 56 ( for xbox) .. the tf will be similar but the actuall performance in different tasks will varey .. but overall it will make at most up to 10% difference in gpu tasks. So overall prob less than 5% difference in frame rate that will lessen with optimization. Given the same TF ..In a task which is distributable xbox will be faster but in a task that’s recursive Sony will be just as fast and potentially slightly faster. ... So overall the architecture difference won’t noticeably impact performance.

If Sony has the overall performance advantage they probably wouldn’t consider changing to 2 tb disk.. I’d say Ms can up clock gpu more and Sony knows this and will put in more disk for same cost.

Overall I rate this leak as probable!
Please be syphon filter, a reboot! ❤️

Rossco EZ

MBG is cool. I watch his videos. I'm convinced he's a lurker on here.
i haven’t actually watched his videos it just came up on a search when i was looking for an image of the black version of that concept design, ill have to give his channel a look :messenger_beaming:

Reactions: CJY

TLZ

Banned

MonkeyPunch

Neo Member
Want some leaks? Here's one.

A group of members from Xbox Era got a hold of the github leak earlier than others and pieced together a 9.2 tf PS5 theory. They started to push it really hard. You have Proelite Proelite here doing it, even making some bets at Beyond3D that it's going to happen, while his account at Era (DukeBlueBalls) have also been doing it. Great job at always saying that you have a source everywhere else but in Era because you know you'll get found out if you're forced to get verified.

Everything that even hints, or talks about the PS5 in a positive manner gets shut down. Schreier and an Era mod are hacks. Klee has been been public enemy #1, and the stuff that they said on Era pales with what they had at their discord. Colbert joined later and like Proelite Proelite took advantage with Era's 'No off-site drama' policy to be as passive aggressive on Twitter. All the while, Speshal Ed tries to build himself up as an insider. I've lost count over how many 'insiders', or People In The Know, like Timdog, Zedox, hmqgg, Klobrille, Proelite, Speshal Ed that discord has.

So when you see someone post that they have 'sources' saying that PS5 is 9.2 TF, it comes from there. Secretly they want that to be it because they know 2Ghz is impossible so it would be 8TF. The insiders there also came up with another 'leak', that the PS5 wont have many games at launch, which I always found weird because their 9.2 tf theory has it due to the PS5 being made for 2019 but postponed to 2020.

I was glad to get out of the discord some time ago. It just didn't seem healthy. All I wanted was a place to talk about the Xbox without any dumb drama, but that's what I got. I'll be back with more info if it turns out that they were wrong and post more on other dumb stuff that has happened when I was there.

P.S: It makes me sad that even Digital Foundry uses Proelite as a source for some of their articles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom