• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrozenFlame

its no more or less confirmed than the other rumours that keep coming back. As for purpose, voice control like Kinect, and ingame chat?

Voice control we already have it by using a headset, but ok, a second one just for voice controls. I still feel like it's a bit pointless but if i remember correctly, there was rumor that Sony was doing a voiced controlled AI assistance, so we'll see.

Game chat though?
"Click click clack clack click clack clack..."
No thanks.

DJ12

Just by quickly reading it once I can already see two reasons why it's fake.

1) PS5 SSD is much faster than the SSD of XSX. Sure, I get this, everyone has been saying this. But if you have specifics of everything then why not the speeds of the SSD?

2) do random devs of third party companies even know when events would take place to discuss the console?
1) Maybe it works differently, so they cannot put a speed to it. Rumour has it the GPU can read directly from it, so maybe normal benchmarks don't work.

2) Pretty sure they'd be fully aware if they have been asked to demo something.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Voice control we already have it by using a headset, but ok, a second one just for voice controls. I still feel like it's a bit pointless but if i remember correctly, there was rumor that Sony was doing a voiced controlled AI assistance, so we'll see.

Game chat though?
No thanks.

Thats a very good point, but it wouldn’t surprise me to see Cerni awkwardly try to claim On stage he’s invented anti-clack technology. 😂

xool

I wouldn't bank on a mid-gen. Just because this one had it doesn't mean they'll go through the process of making another mid-gen. Also, even if they did.. I don't think it'll be worth another purchase.

I think we'll gen a mid gen if 8k takes off, which I feel (hope) won't - at some point people are going to have to admit they just can't see the difference. TV manufacturers won't be happy.

We already know people sit too far away from their already massive TVs to actually benefit from the difference

(.. if you can't read the text you can't see the pixels...)

RaySoft

I’m going to be dog piled on for this but ok...

Yes.

The SSD Sony have made sounds amazing, and I feel that it will be tech that will help push the desktop space a lot more, and be the next logic jump in speed for desktops. Please don’t think I’m saying anything else, because anything that advances technology is great.

However....

This thing cost a fuck ton to make and when you factor in everything that’s needed for it to even be there, it would have eaten up costs a LOT. Chances are, the overall price of the SSD will likely cause other corners to be cut, be it cpu, GPU, or evening just general flair. Sony usually have more “flair” on their consoles, that’s why they look nicer, but that comes at a cost. In short the SSD is going to drive up costs.

Now, as I’ve said before many times, the SSD is good, it’s great even, but its not actually going to be worth it in the long run. It’s another “cell” situation, where yes, “theoretically”, it can perform faster, but it will never actually use all of its full potential, 99.9% of a consoles games are multiplatform, and they will be on par each system. The exclusives have the chance to use the SSD, but some people actually believe it will create some generational leap, or load games twice as fast, or hell, it will be the difference in streaming assets that the Xbox simply can’t do. This is all false. The SX is packing a fairly decent SSF too, and whatever the ps5 can do, the SC can do, very, very nearly as quick, so much so average Joe won’t even notice.

This situation is very much like you eyeing up two cars. They both go 200mph, they both look the same, drive the same, and are essentially the same. But one car goes 0-60 in 3 seconds and the other goes 0-60 in 2 seconds. To the average person, it’s pointless. However it remains to be seen if the car that goes 0-60 slightly quicker will be more expensive, or cut corners elsewhere.

Remember that these consoles are “aiming” for the same price. Corners will be cut, on BOTH machines. But if this SSD is really like this, then expect Sony to cut a few more corners in a few odder places.

I know that some Sony fans will jump on me, again, for saying this. Please do. This is nothing about console wars, just general use and fact. The peak performance is there, but will come at a cost in other areas, namely processor performance with cycles going for the extra grunt as a quick example. Moving more things through memory is great but also requires higher GPU power, as another. In short, it needs to be balanced, which would mean higher cpu and GPU requirements. That’s why it’s more like cell, in that the potential is there but it will come at other costs, and nobody will be willing to really use it to it’s full potential other than your usual candidates (ND etc). It’s a waste of time.

Please be aware that the for me, the ps5 is clearly beating the XS hands down in one key area already - control. The controller changes Sony have made are light years ahead of the SX, and it amazes me MS have gotten so lazy seeing as they have had the best controllers by far for such a long time.
I don't think the SSD in the PS5 is something out of the ordinairy actually. Remember the Sony patent regarding SSD?
Sony have probably just optimized the SSD controller for console use, or made their own controller for the same effect.

Remember that all SSD have to cater for every use-case (on PC) that be small files/big files/read/write/random access etc. Sony can for instance optimize a few use cases and make sure all devs optimize their filehandling accordingly.. Thus achieving greater speeds. So since Sony's SSD is more an optimizing one, instead of just new beefier/godly hardware, the prize dosn't nesecerly have to be that steep.

I said it a while ago that MS would probably just use a bog std. SSD, while Sony usually tries to customize where they can to squeeze out more perf.

Last edited:

xool

I feel like the dev companies are frustrated (I've actually had one Producer of a very popular gaming studio) that there isn't one platform. I also get the feeling that devs are getting the small end of the stick in terms of power each generation to show off their real potential. Maybe the decision to start releasing to PC was decided when they played with the devkits and realized they wouldn't be as strong (yet again) as they had hoped. Nvidia is killing it with the GPUs.. Let's just be honest. If they keep releasing a new board every 2yrs with 50% more improvement, by the next console generation, the consoles would be way too far behind. We are talking 7nm, then 5nm, then 3nm generations still to be produced by Nvidia.

They still need a mass market to sell to imo. Maybe they would be ok just selling to rich countries like US, and leaving out the middlers like some of the southern European countries/South America that Sony sells well in .. ? I dunno.

That said if Lockhart is real I'l go burn down xbox HQ myself. Nobody in their right minds wants that.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Ohhh you know lockheart is real. It’s stupid, but, meh... I see what they are doing, but why not just pimp xCloud if that’s the case. Add it as a download for One S so you can stream Series X games. Done. You wouldn’t have new console shit, you would have potential costumers waiting, and you wouldn’t need to split the the tech pool. Plus you can tick the “serious about game steaming” box too.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
They still need a mass market to sell to imo. Maybe they would be ok just selling to rich countries like US, and leaving out the middlers like some of the southern European countries/South America that Sony sells well in .. ? I dunno.

That said if Lockhart is real I'l go burn down xbox HQ myself. Nobody in their right minds wants that.

I absolutely want it. I would get a Series X for my 65" 4K TV and a Series S for my 42" 1080p TV.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
tenor.gif

Butz

Banned
I don't really get the SSD talk.

An NVME is only about 1 second faster than a SATA SSD despite being much "much faster".

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'

An NVME is only about 1 second faster than a SATA SSD despite being much "much faster".

It’s not that difficult to understand, it has a peak theoretical performance that is higher for random read and write, and as such it has the potential to be faster. Obviously the more data you need to shift and at increased sizes, this is a big thing.

But it’s only part of the puzzle in a machine full of different parts, and as such, it isn’t the be all end all some people will try and sell it as.

it’s good, don’t get me wrong, it’s damn good. But it’s real world application when used in conjunction with other parts has theoretical limits and bottle necks. It’s like sticking a turbo jet on your skate board. The wheels will fall off before you go to plaid.

Last edited:

rsouzadk

At hight data workloads, nvme is vastly superior, has better lower latency, and smaller form factor.

Last edited:

XinTniX

Neo Member

Game chat though?
No thanks.
Opening the microphone with a press of a button instead of repeat "Playstation" 3 times until it works is a lot more effective, beyond the fact that the console will know a lot more precisely which player is talking. So this implementation on the controller can be a game-changer. Of course, since will not be a default feature on all gamepads of the market, we'll see better use of it in exclusive games.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
As an Xbox fan, who thinks the Xbox one controller is amazing compared to the PS4 one, I can honestly say that the fact they have done nothing more than add a bloody share button to the SX controller is embarrassing. The only other possible things it *may* have are usb-c connection on the pad, which is neither here nor there, and a built in battery, which is 50/50 on if anybody even wants it. Compared to the ps5 controller, which had made really big changes (built in mic, no light, better i assume battery, new sticks, new triggers, resistive buttons and triggers that can be coded per game, etc etc) it’s had barely nothing done to it other than it got a tiny bit smaller...?

Seems no contest who did more there.
Well one controller needed a lot of improvements, the other one is near perfect. Why would Microsoft put more effort in developing a completely new controller if the current one is already amazing?

Or even better, what more do you expect from a controller that isn't available on the current version? You can't name features that are only available on the Elite series, since there's a reason why they made both.

The idea of Sony making a custom "Playstation Assistant" honestly bums me out. Even if the hardware is built into the controller, I'd rather they just partner with Google Assistant/Alexa like Xbox did.

joe_zazen

The rumour is posted above, there was no mention of price.

That said it being deleted isn’t a good indication of being correct.

shit that gets deleted can be a good sign. Reddit is 100% corporate, so if sensitive info gets posted, it will be deleted.

You don't. You go to the newest page everytime you come back. If a particular topic is talked about through numerous users simultaneously, then you're essentially caught up in some regard. Only the interesting stuff will keep going in theory.

I’ll go one step further, if anything interesting and substantial gets posted, there will be a new thread. Giant threads like these are garbage for catching up with news.

One of the reasons Gaf got popular back in the heyday of forums was the ‘new news, new thread’ policy. Most other forums had these giantass catchall threads dominated by obsessives, and they would get mad if new threads were made about news. Normals do not read 800 pages of this stuff. It is also one of the reasons Reddit killed alot of forums.

so yeah, when something breaks, there will be a new thread within minutes. There is no need to look in here for news.

Maybe for a month or 2 but I'm pretty sure when the 3000 series come out, it will be all the same as before. Amd catched up to Intel but I highly doubt they will catch up to Nvidia in the near future. Maybe in 3-5 years ?

two views:
  • People said the same thing about Intel v amd and had a countsown till AMD death. Lisa Su is supremely competent, and there is no reason she cannot outmanoeuvre Nvidia as she did with intel. I am banking (literally) on chiplet gpus allowing for leapfrogging.
    , if it became economically the right thing to do to assemble GPUs from multiple chiplets, we basically have de-risked the technology. Now it’s a tool in the toolbox for a GPU designer.
    https://semiengineering.com/the-future-of-gpus/ This is from an Nvidia guy, so it can already be done, just not effectively or economically. However, AMD have been pouring money into infinity fabric and cpu chiplet designs. If, and it is a big fucking if, they have overcome bandwith and latency issues in an economical way...ka-ching!
  • Nvidia was not run by a short term obsessed cokehead, nor do they face the issues of having to run their own fabs competing with TSCM. Nvidia is a very well managed company that has destroyed (literally in some cases) the competition. so the chances of them being taken unawares is low.
So, next couple of years in gpus could see AMD disruption...or not, lol. Place your bets.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Well one controller needed a lot of improvements, the other one is near perfect. Why would Microsoft put more effort in developing a completely new controller if the current one is already amazing?

Or even better, what more do you expect from a controller that isn't available on the current version? You can't name features that are only available on the Elite series, since there's a reason why they made both.

It’s not so much making a totally new controller, but when you see such amazing things the competition is doing it’s bad. I mean the Ps5 may have back buttons, and those damn triggers/buttons that will adjust their strength and Lock up when requested by the game is great.

granted that may end up being the same as the rumble triggers on Xbox, I.e not used and forgotten about after a while

Reindeer

Th hype is mainly about it being used as virtual ram. You are right about loading times, shouldn't be anything significant.

Last edited:

Reindeer

shit that gets deleted can be a good sign. Reddit is 100% corporate, so if sensitive info gets posted, it will be deleted.

I’ll go one step further, if anything interesting and substantial gets posted, there will be a new thread. Giant threads like these are garbage for catching up with news.

One of the reasons Gaf got popular back in the heyday of forums was the ‘new news, new thread’ policy. Most other forums had these giantass catchall threads dominated by obsessives, and they would get mad if new threads were made about news. Normals do not read 800 pages of this stuff. It is also one of the reasons Reddit killed alot of forums.

so yeah, when something breaks, there will be a new thread within minutes. There is no need to look in here for news.

two views:
  • People said the same thing about Intel v amd and had a countsown till AMD death. Lisa Su is supremely competent, and there is no reason she cannot outmanoeuvre Nvidia as she did with intel. I am banking (literally) on chiplet gpus allowing for leapfrogging. https://semiengineering.com/the-future-of-gpus/ This is from an Nvidia guy, so it can already be done, just not effectively or economically. However, AMD have been pouring money into infinity fabric and cpu chiplet designs. If, and it is a big fucking if, they have overcome bandwith and latency issues in an economical way...ka-ching!
  • Nvidia was not run by a short term obsessed cokehead, nor do they face the issues of having to run their own fabs competing with TSCM. Nvidia is a very well managed company that has destroyed (literally in some cases) the competition. so the chances of them being taken unawares is low.
So, next couple of years in gpus could see AMD disruption...or not, lol. Place your bets.
People thought it was impossible for Intel to be overthrown but here we are.

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
It’s not so much making a totally new controller, but when you see such amazing things the competition is doing it’s bad. I mean the Ps5 may have back buttons, and those damn triggers/buttons that will adjust their strength and Lock up when requested by the game is great.

granted that may end up being the same as the rumble triggers on Xbox, I.e not used and forgotten about after a while
I would wait until the presentation. I can't imagine Microsoft doing nothing with the controller. They always put a lot of R&D into controllers. Look at the difference between Xbox 360 and Xbox One, and look at their adaptive controller for the disabled. So we won't just get the exact same format, no worries.

Reindeer

Since they dismissed & mock those (insiders rumors), i had to talk numbers (based on the vr leak) to explain why i said that.
How can they mock your assertion when 5700XT is faster than RTX 2070 and GPU in Series X should be significantly faster than 5700XT. It's logical that at around 12 tflops you looking at performance above 2080.

Last edited:

xool

shit that gets deleted can be a good sign. Reddit is 100% corporate, so if sensitive info gets posted, it will be deleted

PSA/TIP - when linking to a reddit rumor - just screenshot it - they always get deleted (usually when the OP realises "why am I lying to strangers on the internet" I imagine.

Maybe this is the real one though.
What it say ?

Last edited:

VN1X

Banned
I reckon we'll see Sony tout the PS5 as "the fastest console ever made" or something like that to throw some shade to MS.

Really hope we get some new info soon as all this TF talk is boring me to tears. It's irrelevant. I mean... really now, you've got fucking UC4, TLOU2(?), God of War, Detroit, Gears of War 5, Rise of the Tomb Raider, etc all running on ancient hardware and they all look fantastic. Simply imagine that and then some and realize we're in for a treat no matter what number of flops they mention in their console reveal presentations.

Stuart360

Since they dismissed & mock those (insiders rumors), i had to talk numbers (based on the vr leak) to explain why i said that.
When the consoles launch, there will be plenty of Youtube comparison vids showing games on the consoles, and games on a PC with a 2080ti. The PC versions will be superior, with probably double the framerate at least.
We always get people falling for the marketing schpeel before every new gen, people never learn.

joe_zazen

PSA/TIP - when linking to a reddit rumor - just screenshot it - they always get deleted (usually when the OP realises "why am I lying to strangers on the internet" I imagine.

Maybe this is the real one though.
What it say ?

reddit will say whether the user or the mods have deleted something. This was mod deleted. Still, it reads like a ‘ forum obsessive’ lol.

https://archive.fo/jWaZC

but, you know, if i was leaking something, i’d write that way too. Or like cboat, he was the master.

Last edited:

JLB

Banned
No No, please No, just stop. You lost me when you started with 'Albert Penello said'.

Penello said many dumb shit before PS4 and Xbox One was officially revealed on this very same forum and he was called out many times for his inaccuracies and obvious damage control he was doing at the time. If you put any stock in to what this guy says then may god help you.

A simple google search will show you all you need to know regarding this dude and his record on the forums. Like i said before, people fall hook, line and sinker for Microsoft's PR. Its that well done.

if everyone is going to be held accountable by that standard, mr. “for the kids” ryan wouldnt be allowed to talk anymore.

Last edited:

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
I would wait until the presentation. I can't imagine Microsoft doing nothing with the controller. They always put a lot of R&D into controllers. Look at the difference between Xbox 360 and Xbox One, and look at their adaptive controller for the disabled. So we won't just get the exact same format, no worries.

And that right there is exactly why it confuses me, because when it comes to their controllers, Xbox are on it, and then some.

I really do hope we get some stealth updates for it, but if they haven’t been leaked, what does that say? 😩

BGs

Industry Professional
do you have any rough idea on TF? above 10 TF? or 11 TF for PS5 ?

I will not give any numerical data, and I will explain the reason.

As you will understand, it is not information I can give. Not even any developer with two front fingers will tell you, it would mean being fired automatically and facing possible legal consequences. If a developer gives you that information, it's not very smart. On the other hand, when I registered, I wanted to make it very clear in my presentation message that I did not come here to give information that could commit me or someone.

Likewise, it is true that it doesn't matter what I can tell you, I mean that I would not get you out of doubt, because the information I may have is current. That is, it is not the definitive one (which does not mean that there is no such definitive information, I simply do not know it).

What I can say is that you are making films of biblical proportions and based on data that, if true, were 1 year ago in a given circumstance. But do you really believe that real data is filtered? And I understand that this is because of the lack of information, and if there is no information, then people make it up based on personal interests. And you have to understand that many people are interested in generating interest and debate, for example by publishing something and deleting it at the moment. Guys, we already have an age to know how this works.

First, what TF? The TF of Marketing? Or the effective TF? I understand that people need to know (and I need to explain, but I have to bite my nails) but what you really should care to know is that, in practice, one could have more TF than the other and give less performance. You should think less about TF and think more about machine balance.

This generation will NOT be the generation of the visual difference that makes you decide what to buy. It will be the generation of the games. Yes, one will be faster than another (but you will not notice it in practice). One will load the screen in 10 seconds and the other in 7 seconds. One will have a better sound than the other. One will run the game at 60fps and the other ... too. What will really matter will be the quality that development studies can achieve with their time and budget.

What you will have to do this generation is to think what game you want and what platform it is on. And if it is for multiplatform games, buy the cheapest one or where you have more friends, because you will not notice the difference (yes, there are people who are able to perceive a laser pointer on the moon, and others like to play 30cm from the TV trying to find out if the 4K is native or scaled by switching quickly between different video inputs to find out the difference to justify their purchase, but those people are not happy. Fortunately, those people will have it very difficult in the next generation... in multiplatform games).

(And yes, PC graphics cards will always be better. And also much more expensive and less exploited. What happens is that NOT all games are on PC. For those who have forgotten, this is the key, the games).

The new consoles will not disappoint. Not me, at least.

giphy.gif

I'm sorry, I don't have more time for now.

Cheers.

Gamernyc78

Banned
Th hype is mainly about it being used as virtual ram. You are right about loading times, shouldn't be anything significant.

Shouldn't be anything significant maybe with multiplats devs but you are mistaken if you think Sony first party wizards won't optimize tht shit to hell and make sure tht games loads super fast. I buy most exclusives on Sony platform so it'll mean alot to me.

pawel86ck

Banned

When data decompression speed is the bottleneck, then even much faster SDD will not make much difference when it comes to games (it's like driving a very fast ferrari with just 100 km/h cap). According to Dealer Gaming sources, XSX SDD loads games 3x times faster than 970 evo pro 3.5GB/s (sea of thieves 3-5 seconds on XSX, and 15 seconds on 970 evo pro). So it means XSX SDD must be 10GB/s? No, it probably has HD decompression, therefore no bottlenecks.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Also, any developer worth their salt knows that the stuff you can do with sound on ps5... is old as shit and can be done elsewhere in a different way. I was doing the same thing years ago. I don’t know why it’s getting so much traction.

xool

reddit will say whether the user or the mods have deleted something. This was mod deleted. Still, it reads like a ‘ forum obsessive’ lol.

https://archive.fo/jWaZC

but, you know, if i was leaking something, i’d write that way too. Or like cboat, he was the master.

They always lose me when they have insight into things happening in companies they aren't working for eg <<Supposedly Sony wants to boast “3 times the power of PS4 Pro” with the TF number alone while not taking the efficiency of AMD’s latest RDNA architecture into account, kinda like Microsoft’s messaging. >> though maybe a bit of their own headcanon slips in too, like you said ..

In the future when scientists and archaeologists examing "leak culture" from our dead civilization they will sure use this leak (Death Stranding) as a test case of what a real leak looks like :

HR2EiTo.jpg

All leakers should look at this and try to reach this standard. None of this riddles/maybe stuff.

DaGwaphics

As an Xbox fan, who thinks the Xbox one controller is amazing compared to the PS4 one, I can honestly say that the fact they have done nothing more than add a bloody share button to the SX controller is embarrassing. The only other possible things it *may* have are usb-c connection on the pad, which is neither here nor there, and a built in battery, which is 50/50 on if anybody even wants it. Compared to the ps5 controller, which had made really big changes (built in mic, no light, better i assume battery, new sticks, new triggers, resistive buttons and triggers that can be coded per game, etc etc) it’s had barely nothing done to it other than it got a tiny bit smaller...?

Seems no contest who did more there.

You know conclusively that those are the only changes possible for XSX controller? Interesting... And to think it could have been just a case of them not announcing everything yet.

I don't think they'll go all-in like Sony appears to have done, but replacing the current rumble motors with improved haptics/"HD rumble" seems to be within the realm of possibility.

Last edited:

Reindeer

Shouldn't be anything significant maybe with multiplats devs but you are mistaken if you think Sony first party wizards won't optimize tht shit to hell and make sure tht games loads super fast. I buy most exclusives on Sony platform so it'll mean alot to me.
A couple of seconds won't a make difference. You not getting something like 10-20 second difference that will make people care.

Gamernyc78

Banned
I will not give any numerical data, and I will explain the reason.

As you will understand, it is not information I can give. Not even any developer with two front fingers will tell you, it would mean being fired automatically and facing possible legal consequences. If a developer gives you that information, it's not very smart. On the other hand, when I registered, I wanted to make it very clear in my presentation message that I did not come here to give information that could commit me or someone.

Likewise, it is true that it doesn't matter what I can tell you, I mean that I would not get you out of doubt, because the information I may have is current. That is, it is not the definitive one (which does not mean that there is no such definitive information, I simply do not know it).

What I can say is that you are making films of biblical proportions and based on data that, if true, were 1 year ago in a given circumstance. But do you really believe that real data is filtered? And I understand that this is because of the lack of information, and if there is no information, then people make it up based on personal interests. And you have to understand that many people are interested in generating interest and debate, for example by publishing something and deleting it at the moment. Guys, we already have an age to know how this works.

First, what TF? The TF of Marketing? Or the effective TF? I understand that people need to know (and I need to explain, but I have to bite my nails) but what you really should care to know is that, in practice, one could have more TF than the other and give less performance. You should think less about TF and think more about machine balance.

This generation will NOT be the generation of the visual difference that makes you decide what to buy. It will be the generation of the games. Yes, one will be faster than another (but you will not notice it in practice). One will load the screen in 10 seconds and the other in 7 seconds. One will have a better sound than the other. One will run the game at 60fps and the other ... too. What will really matter will be the quality that development studies can achieve with their time and budget.

What you will have to do this generation is to think what game you want and what platform it is on. And if it is for multiplatform games, buy the cheapest one or where you have more friends, because you will not notice the difference (yes, there are people who are able to perceive a laser pointer on the moon, and others like to play 30cm from the TV trying to find out if the 4K is native or scaled by switching quickly between different video inputs to find out the difference to justify their purchase, but those people are not happy. Fortunately, those people will have it very difficult in the next generation... in multiplatform games).

(And yes, PC graphics cards will always be better. And also much more expensive and less exploited. What happens is that NOT all games are on PC. For those who have forgotten, this is the key, the games).

The new consoles will not disappoint. Not me, at least.

giphy.gif

I'm sorry, I don't have more time for now.

Cheers.

Firstly what a system puts out and whether thy are close depends on the devs and how thy finesse the hardware. If the two consoles are close multiplats will be equal but Sony will kill it in exclusives and show differences. Sony devs are cream of the crop.

Secondly, yes I have been focused on Psvr2 news bcus I will be buying day one. I look forward to seeing tht magic. Sony did great in offering us tht innovation on consoles and a new way to play.

joe_zazen

I think OsirisBlack OsirisBlack post "nothing follows" was a hint. No event in February. He never posts stuff "just because".

we have had some hints that SoP is the most we should expect. And that is OK. Nintendo has shown that success can be had without live presentations from executives.

& It should be acknowledged that people like Spencer, who crave the spotlight and love getting up in front of a crowd, are the exceptions. Virtually all executives are going to choose the path that does not force them to get up in front of a bunch of Millennials craving meme fodder. The stress of an e3 presentation for normal people is enormous.

Gamernyc78

Banned
A couple of seconds won't a make difference. You not getting something like 10-20 second difference that will make people care.

Any seconds make a difference and your not those devs so you can't give a number. When Bloodborne was taking forever to load and thy patched it and reduced it by seconds ppl were elated lol.

We've already seen in the past what devs tht know hardware well can do shit Drive club had barely no loading and although those devs are defunct my point stands imagine what thy could do with the more powerful solution.. As opposed to other ganes in tht genre tht take longer to load.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
And that right there is exactly why it confuses me, because when it comes to their controllers, Xbox are on it, and then some.

I really do hope we get some stealth updates for it, but if they haven’t been leaked, what does that say? 😩
That only first party studios have access to the new controller, and they don't do leaks.

Reindeer

Any seconds make a difference and your not those devs so you can't give a number. When Bloodborne was taking forever to load and thy patched it and reduced it by seconds ppl were elated lol.
Only because Bloodborne took forever to load so a bit of difference felt like a relief, it won't be the same when a game for example loads in 5 seconds on one console and 8-10 seconds on another.

Gamernyc78

Banned
Only because Bloodborne took forever to load so a bit of difference felt like a relief, it won't be the same when a game for example loads in 5 seconds on one console and 8-10 seconds on another.

Again speak for yourself any second shaved off is a finite difference and matters to me. A few seconds in many things means a big difference.

But hey some ppl have their views 😁

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom