• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gediminas

Banned
I am going to try and be fair here.

The amount of bullshit that has been passed around this last month by xbox fan boys has been out of control.
the amount of crap coming out of phil spencers and Greenburg mouths has been extreme to say the least.
The amount of trolls on this forum trying to spread fud
The reporting by some people trying to get people banned.
There has been so much Fud, it has been fucking DISGUSTING.
So much belittlement of Sony and there studios, their hardware, its been none stop

Microsoft Fan boys have been attacking Sony for the last six + weeks none stop, i have seen people quit these forums declaring they have had enough and will come back later when things have improved.

For normal people that are xbox fans, i wish them zero ills, i seriously hope they enjoy they xbox and they enjoy there games. But for the xbox Fan boys, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM, they can fuck off.

If they feel hurt about the last few days, that is their issue not mine. They have brought it on themselves.

This is the truth, everyone on this particular forum with the excpetion of a couple of die hard fans are thinking the same thing.

I am sorry if you are hurt or offended and if you ask where is the fud go and read some off the posts that have been around, i could literally give you 10 examples off the top of my head.

But you can do the research yourself, you will find them.

If you are offended by this i am sorry, report button get me banned.

But i am not changing my tune on this. Xbox have double down, trippled down on trying to ruin sony fans enjoyment this last 6 weeks. Its reap what you sow time.

Poke the bear and this happens.

If you are just a regular xbox fan, sorry you have been caught up in this, but blame, dealer, eastwood,timdog, spencer, the list goes on and fucking on.

From me to you...
Peace
xxxxxx
bravo 10/10

Ratchet and Clank gameplay.
GT7 gameplay
Project Athia small platforming gameplay
Kena, sniff of gameplay, showed some
Sackboy gameplay

there were more.

how much showed xbox? which were running on xbox? because all footage in Sony conference came from PS5.
Okay now you say "Which were running on Xbox". We are talking about Gameplay, not in which platform that game is being played. As I already said, Halo Infinite alone showed more than all of the other Sony games, They also showed gameplay for the Outer Worlds DLC, for the Gunk, Tell Me Why, Psychonauts 2, Grounded, Destiny 2, Ori 2.
I'm asking if Halo infinite has something that you can tell me is Next-gen, I can show you next-gen in Ratchet and Clank, I can show you next-gen in the new spiderman, I can show you next-gen in GT7...
Yet I am only talking about gameplay from a next-gen game.

The way they handled Infinite kind of reminds me of how Sony handled Killzone 2 with that target render. Im pretty sure the first footage they we've seen was a target render.

With that said we are talking about an Xbox One game running at 4K 60FPs on the Series X a 12TF system with a fast SSD. There's no reason why the system isn't capable of producing a much better looking game.

I put the blame on 343 and not the Series X. I'm pretty sure we will see much better looking games at 4K 60FPs on the Series X.

Not like this though.

halo-infinite-brute-community-director-news.jpg
No it wont offer anything major graphically, like i already said, high end graphic cards struggle to hit 60fps at Native 4K with Current Gen graphics.
The image you uploaded is broken.
@ Bold: And this was with ray tracing turned off, just wait to see the performance once they do turn that on... yikes...
I'm guessing low quality RT native 4k30fps ?
If you want real RT 1080P is where you'll get it.
yes, i am denial, i just finished the most beautiful and best looking open world game to date, which looking like a PS5 game.
See you can't make a difference between a downgrade between two products and your personal preference, which is not what we're discussing.
The game art is great is not our subject, remember we are talking the difference with what was shown'd.
You are in denial and it's okay, you are a fan...

But we are talking about the graphics, the 12TF that is so superior to the 10.28 of PS5,

- SpiderMan looks better
- Halo 5 looks better
- RDR2 looks better

The graphics ARE BAD, if you want to talk about the gameplay, great, this isn't what is been discussed here.
Where these games running Native 4K60 ?

I am going to try and be fair here.

The amount of bullshit that has been passed around this last month by xbox fan boys has been out of control.
the amount of crap coming out of phil spencers and Greenburg mouths has been extreme to say the least.
The amount of trolls on this forum trying to spread fud
The reporting by some people trying to get people banned.
There has been so much Fud, it has been fucking DISGUSTING.
So much belittlement of Sony and there studios, their hardware, its been none stop

Microsoft Fan boys have been attacking Sony for the last six + weeks none stop, i have seen people quit these forums declaring they have had enough and will come back later when things have improved.

For normal people that are xbox fans, i wish them zero ills, i seriously hope they enjoy they xbox and they enjoy there games. But for the xbox Fan boys, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM, they can fuck off.

If they feel hurt about the last few days, that is their issue not mine. They have brought it on themselves.

This is the truth, everyone on this particular forum with the excpetion of a couple of die hard fans are thinking the same thing.

I am sorry if you are hurt or offended and if you ask where is the fud go and read some off the posts that have been around, i could literally give you 10 examples off the top of my head.

But you can do the research yourself, you will find them.

If you are offended by this i am sorry, report button get me banned.

But i am not changing my tune on this. Xbox have double down, trippled down on trying to ruin sony fans enjoyment this last 6 weeks. Its reap what you sow time.

Poke the bear and this happens.

If you are just a regular xbox fan, sorry you have been caught up in this, but blame, dealer, eastwood,timdog, spencer, the list goes on and fucking on.

From me to you...
Peace
xxxxxx

Alot of people have been fanning the flames over Twitter and the we have had users bring that in here. It's unfortunate that's it's this chaotic right now and there's a ton of revenge seeking at the moment.

Hopefully once these systems are finally out things should calm down here. But unfortunately we still have a ways to go.

I'm not targeting any group I'm just stating my observation of the situation here.

Last edited:
Oh yeah? Where's Demon Souls gameplay? Uh.. Nowhere? Ok, What about Horizon No? Spiderman?... Anything?

They showed the exact same amount of gameplay as Xbox did.

Microsoft New First Party
Avowed - No Gameplay
Fable - No Gameplay
Forza - No Gameplay

Sony New First Party
Ratchet - Had gameplay
Spiderman - Had gameplay
GT7 - Had gameplay
Returnal - Had gameplay
Horizon - No Gameplay
Demon's Souls - No Gameplay

Sorry you're wrong

Last edited:

Gediminas

Banned
No it wont offer anything major graphically, like i already said, high end graphic cards struggle to hit 60fps at Native 4K with Current Gen graphics.

I'm guessing low quality RT native 4k30fps ?
If you want real RT 1080P is where you'll get it.

See you can't make a difference between a downgrade between two products and your personal preference, which is not what we're discussing.
The game art is great is not our subject, remember we are talking the difference with what was shown'd.

Where these games running Native 4K60 ?
downgrade in few areas, upgrade in others. a lot of places use different tones of color, time of day, and there was other changes.(like more grass, more trees or less). so you are just reaching.

the same nonsense was with Spider Man, Gof of War, Days Gone and that goes and goes, people just trying to reach those straws. so pathetic to watch.

Avowed - No Gameplay
Fable - No Gameplay
Forza - No Gameplay

Sony New First Party
Ratchet - Had gameplay
Spiderman - Had gameplay
GT7 - Had gameplay
Returnal - Had gameplay
Horizon - No Gameplay

Sorry you're wrong
Spiderman didn't have gameplay. Returnal is not first party. And as I said MULTIPLE TIMES, Halo infinite alone showed more gameplay than Sony's titles COMBINED.

halo-infinite-guns-best-900x506.jpg

Halo_Infinite_2020_Ascension_Demo_Campaign_10_1920x1080__1_.jpg

haloin5.jpg

Also I believe it was confirmed that the games a dynamic 4k instead of a native 4K.

I seriously doubt that's the max capability of the Series X with open world games. Pretty sure 343 are just not very good.

Source: https://wccftech.com/halo-infinite-...eatures-a-new-acoustic-engine-leveraging-xsx/

Chris Lee: "The gameplay demo is a great example of how we're running on Xbox Series X, you'll be able to run at a solid 60 frames per second at up to 4K resolution."

Last edited:
Spiderman didn't have gameplay. Returnal is not first party. And as I said MULTIPLE TIMES, Halo infinite alone showed more gameplay than Sony's titles COMBINED.

Spiderman did have gameplay. Watch it again. God you people are blind

Returnal is first party. IP is owned by Sony

Halo Infinite was the only damn game they showed with gameplay.

Last edited:

Raoul_Duke

Okay now you say "Which were running on Xbox". We are talking about Gameplay, not in which platform that game is being played. As I already said, Halo Infinite alone showed more than all of the other Sony games, They also showed gameplay for the Outer Worlds DLC, for the Gunk, Tell Me Why, Psychonauts 2, Grounded, Destiny 2, Ori 2.

Yet I am only talking about gameplay from a next-gen game.
None of the games you mentioned are next gen FOH

Avowed - No Gameplay
Fable - No Gameplay
Forza - No Gameplay

Sony New First Party
Ratchet - Had gameplay
Spiderman - Had gameplay
GT7 - Had gameplay
Returnal - Had gameplay
Horizon - No Gameplay

Sorry you're wrong
He's right, Halo gameplay was more than those reunited.
downgrade in few areas, upgrade in others. a lot of places use different tones of color, time of day, and there was other changes.(like more grass, more trees or less). so you are just reaching.

the same nonsense was with Spider Man, Gof of War, Days Gone and that goes and goes, people just trying to reach those straws. so pathetic to watch.
You have your own biased take, others don't feel the same as you do, that makes them haters right ? ok.
Native 4k, that look better than Halo Infinite, can you admit that right?
Current gen means current gen.
halo-infinite-guns-best-900x506.jpg

Halo_Infinite_2020_Ascension_Demo_Campaign_10_1920x1080__1_.jpg

haloin5.jpg

Also I believe it was confirmed that the games a dynamic 4k instead of a native 4K.

I seriously doubt that's the max capability of the Series X with open world games. Pretty sure 343 are just not very good.

Source: https://wccftech.com/halo-infinite-...eatures-a-new-acoustic-engine-leveraging-xsx/

Chris Lee: "The gameplay demo is a great example of how we're running on Xbox Series X, you'll be able to run at a solid 60 frames per second at up to 4K resolution."
This is horrible.

By-mission

Senhoras e senhores, aqui esta explicação:
Segundo Alex Bataglia, e com muita dedicação, os gráficos do Halo são simples, devido à iluminação ...

As partes interessadas têm o vídeo no qual ele faz muito esforço para defender seu ponto de vista (mesmo que ele precise usar um jogo de 2013, mas é isso que temos)

O que realmente está acontecendo com os gráficos do Halo Infinite?
A iluminação dinâmica é uma grande adição - mas há desvantagens.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2020-halo-infinite-gameplay-demo-analysis

[MEDIA = giphy] altura = 272; id = joV1k1sNOT5xC; tipo = gif; largura = 480 [/ MEDIA]

Last edited:

Gediminas

Banned

You have your own biased take, others don't feel the same as you do, that makes them haters right ? ok.

This is horrible.
ok. serious question, you say downgrade, so naturally the question which rises, did you played whole game 2,5 years ago? (E3 demo).because to state that it is downgrade, so you had to play it through out 2,5 years ago.

yes again repeat my self, it is natural that : "downgrade in few areas, upgrade in others. a lot of places use different tones of color, time of day, and there was other changes.(like more grass, more trees or less)." that's include all gaming, not just Ghost of Tsushima.

in other words, sony's games allways gets the same treatment, and mostly people just reaching.

ok. serious question, you say downgrade, so naturally the question which rises, did you played whole game 2,5 years ago? (E3 demo).because to state that it is downgrade, so you had to play it through out 2,5 years ago.

yes again repeat my self, it is natural that : "downgrade in few areas, upgrade in others. a lot of places use different tones of color, time of day, and there was other changes.(like more grass, more trees or less)." that's include all gaming, not just Ghost of Tsushima.

in other words, sony's games allways gets the same treatment, and mostly people just reaching.

Gediminas

Banned
I'm not trying to win anything, just don't bash Xbox for "not showing gameplay" when Sony didn't show gameplay either.
but sony showed!

yet again, they had May's show with loads of trailers, they got huge backlash. they said that they learn. yet, after two month they came back and showed this? non of new first party games got gameplay. and what worst, the whole show was showing PC builds. so they are trying to sell PC or xbox?

This is horrible.

Just want to say that I'm not blaming the XSX for this I'm putting the blame on 343.

I don't know what's going on at 343 but they need to make some serious changes. Heck it would be great if Microsoft's other studios like The Coalition can give them a hand with future titles.

Halo as a flagship franchise needs to be better than this in my opinion.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Hey HeisenbergFX4 HeisenbergFX4

Have you heard anything about the date of PS5 August show? Also PS5 pre-orders?

Thank you.

Just what everyone else has heard early Aug is the thinking and nothing on pre orders.

I mean both companies are running out of time so everything has to hit the table soon.

Side note from talking with friends.

The Halo showing is all on 343 and no one should think this represents what the XsX can and will be able to do.

Just want to say that I'm not blaming the XSX for this I'm putting the blame on 343.

I don't know what's going on at 343 but they need to make some serious changes. Heck it would be great if Microsoft's other studios like The Coalition can give them a hand with future titles.

Halo as a flagship franchise needs to be better than this in my opinion.
Next gen should drop 4K and focus more on 1440p, we just want good games not blend scenery/models at 4K.

T

Three Jackdaws

Unconfirmed Member
Here it is folks

Summary of video

• Github was early silicon testing and not reflective of final PS5 hardware and several features of the GPU were disabled including VRS for this testing
  • Github results were very old even at the time of the leak
  • PS5 did NOT have RDNA 2 features like Ray-tracing bolted on, this would have been almost impossible from a technical and hardware engineering perspective
  • PS5 has custom features which will influence AMD's future Roadmap just as the PS4 did
  • PS5 features a highly customised RDNA 2 GPU however has certain features removed because Sony did not find them useful for their console
  • The variable frequency approach was not a last minute decision, this is stupid. This feature has a major influence on silicon functionality and system functions.
  • PS5 has a more advanced geometry handler than what is featured on RDNA 2 and is found on the PS5 GE block and will be very important for VR as well
  • This customisation and revisions Cerny has made to the Geometry Engine will be featured on RDNA 3 and the larger GPU caches that PS5 features will also feature on RDNA 3
  • PS5 handles mesh shaders differently to the Series X but is pretty much the same
  • PS5's VRS (Variable Rate Shading) capability will benefit heavily from the PS5's Geometry Engine and will work very efficiently together
  • Microsoft has done customisations on Series X APU but no where near as extensive as the customisations Sony have made on the PS5 APU
  • Both consoles will benefit greatly from the IPC (Instructions Per Clock) gains from RDNA 1 to RDNA 2
  • PS5 teardown which highlights the cooling solution will be shown sometime in August (Maybe)
  • PS5 ray-tracing is done through the RDNA 2 method however Sony has made customisations which allow the ray-tracing to run at different frequencies (take this with a grain of salt)
  • PS5's SSD can be updated through micro code and this will allow higher levels of compression if newer compression algorithms are available
  • Tempest Engine will be able to adjust it's power budget to divert power to the CPU/GPU and is able to handle tasks other than audio and does a good job of handling certain CPU/GPU tasks
  • PS5 has customisations made on the CPU such as unified CCX clusters which will feature on Zen 3 however the PS5 CPU is still a custom Zen 2, this will allow for lower latency when accessing the caches
  • Unreal Engine 5 has tech which has not yet been shown off, Lumen is a software based ray-tracing approach however it can be hardware accelerated with PS5's RT cores and maybe the same for Series X
  • PS5 spec bump is not likely and RAM bandwidth is not a big issue because PS5 has a very good data compression system as well as cache access
  • More revised dev kits of PS5 will be sent out soon but will feature optimisations and better code, nothing major.
  • EDIT: PS5’s APU can shift the power budget in under 2ms which is insane
giphy.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
but sony showed!

yet again, they had May's show with loads of trailers, they got huge backlash. they said that they learn. yet, after two month they came back and showed this? non of new first party games got gameplay. and what worst, the whole show was showing PC builds. so they are trying to sell PC or xbox?
They are trying to sell games ._.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Just make your own youtube channel : Digital Bo and spit some truth.

Why would I start something I can't sustain after covid is gone and get back to work and other stuff to do. Heck, I might not have this luxury of spare time I'm enjoying now. If you start a youtube channel like gaming it should be sustainable, not just money but efforts and time spent behind it.

Last edited:
Summary of video

• Github was early silicon testing and not reflective of final PS5 hardware and several features of the GPU were disabled including VRS for this testing
  • PS5 did NOT have RDNA 2 features like Ray-tracing bolted on, this would have been almost impossible from a technical and hardware engineering perspective
  • PS5 has custom features which will influence AMD's future Roadmap just as the PS4 did
  • PS5 features a highly customised RDNA 2 GPU however has certain features removed because Sony did not find them useful for their console
  • The variable frequency approach was not a last minute decision, this is stupid. This feature has a major influence on silicon functionality and system functions.
  • PS5 has a more advanced geometry handler than what is featured on RDNA 2 and is found on the PS5 GE block and will be very important for VR as well
  • This customisation and revisions Cerny has made to the Geometry Engine will be featured on RDNA 3 and the larger GPU caches that PS5 features will also feature on RDNA 3
  • PS5 handles mesh shaders differently to the Series X but is pretty much the same
  • PS5's VRS (Variable Rate Shading) capability will benefit heavily from the PS5's Geometry Engine and will work very efficiently
  • Microsoft has done customisations on Series X APU but no where near as extensive as the customisations Sony have made on the PS5 APU
  • Both consoles will benefit heavily from the IPC gains from RDNA 1 to RDNA 2
  • PS5 teardown which highlights cooling will be shown sometime in August (Maybe)
  • PS5 ray-tracing is done through the RDNA 2 method however Sony has made customisations which allow the the ray-tracing to run at different frequencies (take this with a grain of salt)
  • PS5's SSD can be updated through micro code and this will allow higher levels of compression if newer compression algorithms are available
  • Tempest Engine will be able to adjust it's power budget to divert power to the CPU/GPU and is able to handle tasks other than audio and does a good job of handling certain CPU tasks
  • PS5 has customisations made on the CPU such as unified CCX clusters which will feature on Zen 3 however the PS5 CPU is sill a custom Zen 2, this will allow for lower latency when accessing cache
  • Unreal Engine 5 has tech which has not yet been shown off, Lumen is a software based ray-tracing approach however it can be hardware accelerated with PS5's RT cores and maybe the same for Series X
  • PS5 spec bump is not likely and RAM bandwidth is not a big issue because PS5 has a very good data compression system as well as cache
I rather watch the video than read this sheet, too lazy.

zaitsu

Banned
Summary of video

• PS5's VRS (Variable Rate Shading) capability will benefit heavily from the PS5's Geometry Engine and will work very efficiently
  • PS5 teardown which highlights cooling will be shown sometime in August (Maybe)
  • PS5 ray-tracing is done through the RDNA 2 method however Sony has made customisations which allow the the ray-tracing to run at different frequencies (take this with a grain of salt)
  • Tempest Engine will be able to adjust it's power budget to divert power to the CPU/GPU and is able to handle tasks other than audio and does a good job of handling certain CPU tasks
  • PS5 has customisations made on the CPU such as unified CCX clusters which will feature on Zen 3 however the PS5 CPU is sill a custom Zen 2, this will allow for lower latency when accessing cache
  • PS5 spec bump is not likely and RAM bandwidth is not a big issue because PS5 has a very good data compression system as well as cache
  • More revised dev kits of PS5 will be sent out soon but will feature optimisations and better code, nothing major.
giphy.gif
Sounds pretty reasonable to me. I choose to belive.

sircaw

Banned
Summary of video

giphy.gif

It would be nice, Paul, if non tech heads like me could see which points are more realistic it terms of happening.

Either way, thank you for the summery. :messenger_heart:

Last edited:
Why would I start something I can't sustain after covid is gone and get back to work and other stuff to do. Heck, I might not have this luxury of spare time I'm enjoying now. If you start a youtube channel like gaming it should be sustainable, not just money but efforts and time spent behind it.
You could still beef with alex, people love that, you'll get the views, i promise.
Drop your job, give it a shot to find yourself homeless in 3 weeks.
While you at it don't forget leadbetter (for moving his hands that much) and john (for those "YEEAAAAAH") :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom