• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
If you get a chance Bo, you should watch Eastwoods last video.

It is unbelievable the garbage he is spouting in there. I don't think i have seen a more disingenuous video out there.
I know little about the tech world compared to you guys but god even i can spot the bullshit in it.

Double resolution advantage (6K). :lollipop_tears_of_joy:

HaloVRS.jpg

Last edited:

Nickolaidas

Banned
Some news for me and the other two Turrican fans on this website. B_Boss B_Boss

The Turrican 'reveal' yesterday is a 2-part anthology which contains the amiga Turrican games, the Genesis Turrican games and their director's cut versions, and the snes Turrican games with their director's cut games. Each of the two volumes will have a physical and a collector's edition priced at 35 and 100 bucks accordingly.

The games themselves are basically rom versions of the old games ala Castlevania anthology with only one distinction. Apparently you can choose between the old soundtracks, or a remixed version of those songs composed by the man himself, Chris Huelsbeck.

So yeah, I'm buying the digital versions when they become available.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I’m buying both. People warring over their favourite plastic boxes, while fun to read, are far too attached. Just be happy to be alive and being able to play all awesome shit getting released.

Gamepass is awesome for me and my wife. Since we got our second kid we haven’t had time to play all the games we want. Getting many of them “free”, since I converted my 3 years gold to gpu for $1, is great value to us.

If Series S is cheap we will get one for the second tv.

PS5 will still be my main console due to all exclusives and probably the DualSense. Also can’t wait for PSVR2!

On a side note, damn I hope PSVR1 games get better iq and frame rates on the PS5. And Sony... ffs release proper VR controllers already.

If MS continues with this trend of extremely low GP they'll be drowning in debts. Even Netflix is suffering from major debts.

Last edited:
Honestly, they were extreme xbox fans, crapgamer being extremely toxic as well. Now they seem like they found peace.

Ryan probably cried after Geoff's interview. :lollipop_tears_of_joy:

haha, ryan is someone who can think straight despite having an allegiance to a particular platform. Not many think straight as they have their heads far up a particular platforms back!

cudiye

Genuine question y’all. Since the Ps4Pro didn’t have support for 1440p unlike xbonex. Could we expect the Ps5 to support it? Here’s hoping. Im playing on a 1440p 144hz monitor.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Severe downgrades in some cases, like the mountains where you fly the dragon.

It looks like 720p video of the demo upscaled to 1080p. Here is the true thing, my screenshots in 4K.

Day time is more afternoon, was midday in reveal. Might have dynamic day/night? Razor sharp on focus with some out of focus effects:

vlcsnap-2020-08-28-13h11m47s318.png

Insanely sharp distant and close objects all the way to the moon with motion blur in some spots.

vlcsnap-2020-08-28-13h19m41s543.png

The and the one below showing accurate raytracing/GI compared to reveal.

Motion blur/out of focus effects with sharp focus on the tail. Accurate reflections.

vlcsnap-2020-08-28-13h14m09s427.png

The video is still compressed though. Anyone who doesn't have a 4K TV should be banned. :lollipop_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

kyliethicc

DC was a not a meh game (maybe at laucnh but with update become really good). And you seems to forgot the Motorstorm series which is gorgeous.
For me Driveclub was bad. Didn't like it. Motorstorm was fun but that was almost 15 years ago on PS3. A remaster of that would be cool.

But Sony would be idiots to hire those devs after how badly they've been for an entire generation.

A wiser move is Lucid Games making Destruction Allstars. They had just made a Need for Speed game so let them make a fun arcade car combat multiplayer game.

its looks very cool no doubt, its probably because i am 50 now, my eyes have problems tracking so many little things.

i imagine in my younger, spring chicken days it would not of bothered me so much.

That was my takeaway too. R&C looks lovely, but there seems to be so much going on, it looked a bit overwhelming at times. At 43, this is the first time a game has made me feel old!

It is unbelievable the garbage he is spouting in there. I don't think i have seen a more disingenuous video out there.
I know little about the tech world compared to you guys but god even i can spot the bullshit in it.

"We already know and can calculate based on what we know of the hardware in the Xbox Series X that we'll see a near double resolution advantage over the PS5 version of games with EVEN better performance and steady framerated"
CookedRespectfulGrayreefshark-size_restricted.gif

Mahavastu

Sony 1st party and Ubisoft provide full Arabic translation or at least text (HUD, Menu, subtitles). Fortnite is fully free on PS4 (full Arabic text) without PS+, this is something insanely critical along with other free to play games. the new COD is free online gaming on PS4/5 up to 20 players mode, PS+ needed for 24 players mode.
I sometimes looked for arabic, but could not find it... maybe I should look harder next time
Thank you :messenger_grinning:

NEbeast

This I believe is where the Dusk Guys info came from. But I never heard any studios name, game engine or game project be named specifically. This second hand and whispers mind you!

I have heard rumors and whispers some games running 4K and with ray tracing on the PS5. Devs Debug Kits was struggling to maintain 10.2TF. That some games was dipping into 9.5Tf to 9.8Tf area. This info was from around may when whispers of this was leaking out. Got louder at the beginning of June. It was so bad for some game studios. Dev Kits and Debug kits was crashing and over heating. So devs had to drop games down to 1080P and 1400p to work on them. Sony was notified and Sony Ninjas was supposed to be help fixing those issues and replacing and updating Dev Kits and Debug Consoles. As Devs where still working on engines for PS5 features. This wasn’t an issue with all studios. Some studios and Game Engines.

You're just repeating all the stuff we have already heard, most of which is bullshit.

Allandor

Well, some texture downgrades, but nothing exceptional. More or less fine tuning.
E.g. maybe in some cases the RT was a bit modded. The one had things now mirroring on the floor, on the other hand the planks on the ship are much less defined now.

But in the presentation yesterday the general quality was so bad, my wife asked what is new about those things. Next-gen games and youtube 1080p (well it was sub 1080 most of the time) streaming is not a good combination.

Do we really have to share content from shitheads like colteastwood or any of these fucking idiots who misinform the community with their fud shit?

Last edited:

OrionNebula

Aside from the insanely fast loading, what most impressed me was the sheer number of particles and NPCs on screen, sometimes even being so much it was distracting. And I keep upping the quality, I went from live feed to 4k Youtube video and can't wait to watch the uncompressed video from MEGA someone posted here.
Totally agree. I’m sure you kinda get used a bit to all the frantic action and areas filled with NPCs & ennemies and explosions and particles everywhere (I might not, though, I never got used to games like Gradius V or Ikaruga, where there’s just too much on screen all time time, it’s hard to see anything at all), but it really made me want to try it

I think the no loading will be a godsent for a game like this, too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom