• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.
EhhaOmMWAAEjeFB

Lol, people just refuse to accept it.

The studio she worked for who worked on Interstellar shut down about 4 months after the movie released

The final fight scene was only finished filming 3 weeks before the cinema release so that vfx was rushed because of that factor

Final fight scene? There's one fight in the film when there's still like 45 minutes left if that's what you mean, with Matt Damon?

Yup. MS Canada giving us a break last few consoles.

But man, did you see the UK price? It should be 384 pounds.... ok round up to 399. Instead it's 450.

Looks like our Commonwealth friends got X-boned.

509€ here or 462 pounds. But could go even higher as most places list it at 599€, so maybe that is the real price as only one magazine lists 509€ and 599€ =544 pounds

It's always $=€+10-20% here at least for electronics.

When I bought laptop 2 years ago, 1899€ here, around 1100€ (converted from dollar) at USA. Finland must be most expensive European country to buy stuff :(

Last edited:
Why do Xbox supporters do this to themselves every single time? Instead of being happy they can play PC games on their console, they constantly worry Playstation exclusives will also run as well.

Because if it gets out a Dev studio has had issues hitting 4K with Ray Tracing they assume it’s the console. When it could be bad engine code line, a bad api update or a simple as a debug console going bad. Yet they believe if it happens to one it happens to all but that isn’t the case.

Because if it gets out a Dev studio has had issues hitting 4K with Ray Tracing they assume it’s the console. When it could be bad engine code line, a bad api update or a simple as a debug console going bad. Yet they believe if it happens to one it happens to all but that isn’t the case.

I love when you ask these people "who are the devs saying this" they never have an answer. If they do it's generally that indie dev who's making that ecco the dolphin rip off who didn't even have a PS5 dev kit and is using Unity which I guess hasn't been fully optimized for PS5 yet, that and that other clown who posts on resetera who's never even made a game before but is co-owner of a studio that has no active projects lol.

Darius87

I mean they have this thing taking up precious die space.

71340_512_understanding-the-ps5s-ssd-deep-dive-into-next-gen-storage-tech_full.png

And this is what the XSX APU looks like.

072993.jpg

There's some I/O stuff in the XSX APU but nowhere near as much as the PS5s. Sony is taking a pretty big risk choosing to focus on the I/O instead of the GPU.
1.8 Tflop less is big risk? :messenger_grinning_smiling: in every way is better to have console without bottlenecks then just pump Tflops up. now why ms need 12Tflops GPU? if they can't even make a game to utilize 6Tflops?

Aceofspades

Banned
I mean they have this thing taking up precious die space.

71340_512_understanding-the-ps5s-ssd-deep-dive-into-next-gen-storage-tech_full.png

And this is what the XSX APU looks like.

072993.jpg

There's some I/O stuff in the XSX APU but nowhere near as much as the PS5s. Sony is taking a pretty big risk choosing to focus on the I/O instead of the GPU.

PS5 diagram is just an illustration, it's not representative of the actual die allocation for CPU,GPU and I/O

3liteDragon

- PS5 hardware is "way more capable than people give it credit for"
- Few years down the line, it should be able to do games that "just couldn't be done anywhere else"
- God of War 2 was shown behind closed doors running on PS5, reveal is coming
- They have one more launch exclusive they haven't revealed yet
- Halfway through the PS4 generation, games that were being made for late-gen switched to next-gen production (exclusive to PS5 now)

(timestamped, 55:53-58:49)

Sinthor

Gold Member
- Few years down the line, it should be able to do games that "just couldn't be done anywhere else"
- Halfway through the PS4 generation, games that were being made for late-gen switched to next-gen production (exclusive to PS5 now)

Wow, that's a good one. Thanks for sharing it!

CrysisFreak

Banned

He already said those things in past podcasts so this is not news to me, still very interesting.

FranXico

I have been growing very skeptical of MLID lately.

But man, did you see the UK price? It should be 384 pounds.... ok round up to 399. Instead it's 450.

EDIT: oh wait I thought UK would be the cheapest. Dam it should have been £384 or something.

You guys are missing out a big part of the UK price - VAT (our sales tax for any Americans here).
Without VAT, the conversion should be around £384, you both are right.
But once you add in VAT at 20%, then that is around £460 ish. So actually the UK price is pretty damn good as we are getting it for less than the cost of the direct conversion plus VAT.

Dibils2k

Typical of some Xbox fans. Believing FUD and depending FUD. These guys are 🤡 😆 🤣
lets not pretend its only the xbox fans, every fandom has their crazies

to think that person genuinely thinks PS5 cant do 4k when PS4Pro and One X have managed it... these people cant be helped and there is a PS and a Nintendo version of that person... why does this thread give them so much attention, its weird

Zoro7

Banned
lets not pretend its only the xbox fans, every fandom has their crazies

to think that person genuinely thinks PS5 cant do 4k when PS4Pro and One X have managed it... these people cant be helped and there is a PS and a Nintendo version of that person... why does this thread give them so much attention, its weird
Definitely this. Idiots exist on both sides.

whoa Mr Moore's Law dude says:
-god of war 2 was shown behind closed doors.
-Sony has a major launch exclusive that they are yet to reveal.
-whatever exclusives people are insinuating are all probably real according to his sources.
-Sony has acquired more studios have their previous planned ps4 releases to be moved over to PS5 development.

zaitsu

Banned

whoa Mr Moore's Law dude says:
-god of war 2 was shown behind closed doors.
-Sony has a major launch exclusive that they are yet to reveal.
-whatever exclusives people are insinuating are all probably real according to his sources.
-Sony has acquired more studios have their previous planned ps4 releases to be moved over to PS5 development.

I think the waiting for xbox price was just one side of medal.

The second is, when you are making full launch show you need trailers, gameplays made ready to show.
And when you have launch tittles or in launch window you want to finally show dates you need to be careful and be sure you won't to postpone.
In the other word : it all depends on if show is ready, or if it still wait for somw things. (Like gow 2 gameplay)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom