• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaGwaphics

Let’s wait Odium make a tweet explaining how PS5 is expensive now.

The truth PS5 is cheaper to produce the Series X...

- APU is cheaper
- PCB/Motherboard are cheaper
- Bus and ram layout are cheaper

What is out in question if it is expensive the SSD or cooling but there is no way the difference offsets the APU difference for example... imagine the rest.

Very true. If Sony price matches MS or goes higher with the base version it's just because they think they can, not because they have to.

the short-sighted and gullible console crowd was thriving with that ps4 share video, and took that digital policy and shoved it deep into microsoft's ass.
not only ms had to run and revert everything, but it also cost them 50% of their place in the market and a tremendous amount of bad publicity.

why should they bring it back now, when digital absorption is the rule and not something as ground-breaking as they were trying to introduce back then?
and why would they even take that risk of having some corporate trolls causing them even more damage?

my 2c's is that next time the console crowds receive an offer for something groundbreaking, it would be wise if they use their brains for a change.
However you want to revision the history, all of this was their own fault.
You're the one being gullible if you think anything MSFT tried to do then was altruistic and for the gamers.

gojira96

Regarding the presentation on the 16th, it'd be interesting if Sony prepared a small trailer showcasing their PS4 exclusives with their respective enhancements.
A small 30 seconds to 1 minute trailer would suffice! But considering the limited time, I'm sure they will have so much new things to show in such little time, that giving up time to showcase current-gen games would be Microsoft-esque strategy, and I'm pretty sure no one wants that lol

Vanfanel340

Neo Member
According to the department stores in my Country Spain, those stores are El Corte Ingles that are top brands in their database has introduced two future products such as Consoles with code name Aurea and Enigma for 499 and 399 euros
PPlcJjw.jpg

Last edited:

Alandring

- APU is cheaper

What is out in question if it is expensive the SSD or cooling but there is no way the difference offsets the APU difference for example... imagine the rest.
Probably, but I don't think it is $50 cheaper. If Sony could sell the PlayStation 5 at $449 (without a huge loss on each unit) it would be great, but I don't think that $479 or $489 would make a big difference.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Love seeing so many people hope for an overpriced PS5, much easier than hoping for no games I guess.
No it's sad so many go from bragging SSD this exclusives that now think Sony should be under cutting Microsoft in price. Ffs believe in your product and hype it can cost more and easily get 70% plus market share. All a cheap price does is burn money. This is the same Sony who has a 90 year old ps4 at 299.99.

3liteDragon

So what are peoples thoughts on the PS5 having 38CUs maybe. 🤔
Not happening, if they wanna even get close to full CU utilization, it’s better to just stick with 36 CUs. One spec bump I would welcome is that memory bandwidth upgrade on the same bus width.

(timestamped, less CUs means it’s much more easier to leverage for parallel computation)

Last edited:

McHuj

- APU is cheaper

The PCB and RAM cost differences are very likely negligible. I think the reason MS is only going with 16GB is to keep the costs down and comparable to what a 16GB setup with uniform chips would be.

The APU cost differences are unknown. Yes, its a smaller APU, but the APU has to hit much higher clocks and that does impact yields. The end result could be that both APU's are very similar in cost.

I guess my point in the end is that I expect both to be very close in their actual BOM.

No it's sad so many go from bragging SSD this exclusives that now think Sony should be under cutting Microsoft in price. Ffs believe in your product and hype it can cost more and easily get 70% plus market share. All a cheap price does is burn money. This is the same Sony who has a 90 year old ps4 at 299.99.

Why would we not want a cheaper product? We're customers not their fucking cheerleaders

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Hey HeisenbergFX4 HeisenbergFX4 hope all is well with you sir, have you heard about any major third party deals for Microsoft recently? I saw a video somewhere that showed jeff grubb saying at kinda funny games podcast that he's heard major major third party deals between Microsoft and xyz

Just basically what people are saying is MS grabbed a big 3rd party game to head to Game Pass on day 1, rumor has its Cyberpunk but nothing concrete.

Generate high-resolution images that more closely resemble the original image from the downscaled image
- Implementation of dictionary for input judgment function, dictionary for output generation function, upscale model, etc. by Recurrent Neural Network (RNN).
- Implementation of dictionaries for input judgment functions by the GAN (Generative Adversarial Network).

Dodkrake

Banned
The absolute insanity around PS5's pricing is reaching new heights. From this, a new philosophical paradox has arised:

Schrödinger's PS5

The PS5 is simultaenously too costly to manufacture and so much worse than the Xbox Series X that
  • it cannot be priced at 399/499 because they would lose too much money
  • It cannot be priced at 449/549 or 499/599 because there's no value to it
This new paradox goes hand in hand with two new paradoxes created by next-gen propaganda and is being added to two existing paradoxes:

The Power Paradox

Which states that a console's power can only be used as an argument depending on how powerful the console is compared to a Sony product
  • The PS5 is underpowered and will hold back the Series X
  • The Series S is fine and will not hold back the Series S
The Speed Paradox

Which states that a console's speed can only be measured if the manufacturer cannot show it
  • Sony showing R&C loading new levels in 2 seconds does not prove virtually no loading screens and that the console is faster than the XSX / XSS
  • Microsoft showing two games taking >10 seconds to load a save does not prove that the console is not slower than the PS5.

The absolute insanity around PS5's pricing is reaching new heights. From this, a new philosophical paradox has arised:

Schrödinger's PS5

The PS5 is simultaenously too costly to manufacture and so much worse than the Xbox Series X that
  • it cannot be priced at 399/499 because they would lose too much money
  • It cannot be priced at 449/549 or 499/599 because there's no value to it
This new paradox goes hand in hand with two new paradoxes created by next-gen propaganda and is being added to two existing paradoxes:

The Power Paradox

Which states that a console's power can only be used as an argument depending on how powerful the console is compared to a Sony product
  • The PS5 is underpowered and will hold back the Series X
  • The Series S is fine and will not hold back the Series S
The Speed Paradox

Which states that a console's speed can only be measured if the manufacturer cannot show it
  • Sony showing R&C loading new levels in 2 seconds does not prove virtually no loading screens and that the console is faster than the XSX / XSS
  • Microsoft showing two games taking >10 seconds to load a save does not prove that the console is not slower than the PS5.

1Tp0jkq.gif

Kortan

Neo Member
Sony will not price the PS5 at 449$ It makes no sense. I f they do, MS will also decrease the price of the X to 449$. Both MS and Sony leave 50$ on the table

Sony will price the PS5 at 499$ to reach equilibrium (most probable scenario) or at 549$ if they believe their brand power is sufficient (it is).

399$ for the DE is a bold move. No way a disc-drive is worth 100$. I predict 449$. If there's too great a price difference between the DE and the full fat PS5, people will massivly go for the cheaper version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom