• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mobilemofo

Shout out to PS5 for being the beeg yoshi of consoles. dummy t h i c c. This console better be quiet if its that big.

hDu2PWN.jpg
I prefer it to that tissue wank box that Ms is releasing. 😅

On Demand

Banned
What is the new FUD he is spreading? He's been wrong about everything so far. So I want to add to the list.

More RE8 struggling nonsense. Fascinating the console with actual games shown, 4K at that, is having trouble running RE8, yet absolutely 0 footage of SX version of any games have been shown.

If the PS5 is having difficulties with RE8 what does that say about XSS? That version must not run at all then and has been cancelled. Nothing he says makes any sense.

Last edited:

Dodkrake

Banned
You see, on PS5, specs on paper are optimistic. But on Xbox they are just a starting point, with the console becoming more powerful as time moves on.

So, you're under the impression that a software based solution can be improved over time but an hardware based one can't?

Got some news for you: Hardware based solutions require software to run. They can also be updated, and their integration with the base system, assuming the engineers are not retarded, will always be better than SW based solutions.

There's no closing the gap. The PS5 has an IO that's more than twice as fast, and it will stay more than twice as fast.

It's more than likely 8K models, as you can see skin details beyond anything we've seen so far on any platform. With PS5's smart Geometry Engines and per frame polygon budget, you can throw whatever on screen and it'll only render according to the targeted budget. 3080/3090 are miles ahead of PS5's power, but they're forced to calculate multiple times more details that are unnecessary, forcing the overall used assets to be gimped.

You need to hammer that into those PC guys' heads real hard to understand it. It's not all about raw power, but how you direct it/use it. In short, be NIMBLE!

cc6e8b057460fac09331c90ae5ac2be7.gif

The PS5 is the Bruce Lee of consoles!

looks like its accessed on the "bottom" when standing up vertical, or the left side when laid flat.

yup i think the hatch is on the left side on the side next to the disc drive. Also do we have clear pics of the console's rear. saw two blue usb 3.0 ports on the rear and a third port on the far corner as well.

Nickolaidas

Banned
The reason why cross gen titles are hated is because games end up looking like Halo infinite....or so we thought.
Spiderman MM looks amazing. As long as Sony keeps that up Im not bothered.
No, the reason is that in this specific generation, cross-gen games severely cripple the potential of the next-gen consoles. We all believed that Horizon FW will have ridable flying mounts, due to the PS5's SSD capabilities. Now we're not sure. We thought that Alloy would take a deep breath, dive into the sea and have an entire level of detail after forfeiting all surface textures in 2 seconds. Now we do not know.
Without going into the debacle about cross-gen, I just want to say that it's very odd that Sony is selling a console that they haven't shown yet, outside of renders. I assume they are scared to show how ridiculously big it actually is compared to the competition. The entire pre-order situation it self is handled extremely bad, and that is not a good look for Sony.

Hardware-wise they've been beaten by Microsoft. The PS5 DE is interesting, even for me, because of the price (and the games), but 80€ for first party games is.. well, fucking expensive. If Microsoft gets a grip and fixes their game situation, it could be an interesting generation.
Hey, man. I owe you and several other X-Box biased fans an apology for rightly being distrustful of trailers of Horizon 2 and other PS5 titles. The shot of Alloy under the sea could now just as well be a cutscene and not gameplay, because I seriously doubt that the PS4 can pull off such a thing (and there's no way that the two versions will be radically different other than higher res and better textures).

You were right to be cautious and I was wrong to eat it all up.

So, yeah. I apologize, man.

I also apologize to TheGreatWhiteShark TheGreatWhiteShark for being dismissive and blocking him when he was right to be distrustful as well.

Last edited:

Vae_Victis

Banned
Does anybody know if a high bitrate versions of yesterday's trailers are available somewhere to download? It happened with the last Sony conference.

kyliethicc

Said months ago people were describing the XsX as an amped up Xbox One and the PS5 as a new generation console
It really does look like that. Xbox One X and Series X are very similar, except for of course the SoC and SSD. Its like they wanted to just update what they had to in order to support next gen games.

But they seem to have intentionally kept lots of smaller things the same. Even the controller. Same with the Sbox.

Sony really pulled out all the stops. I appreciate that.

Last edited:

kyliethicc

That is where I am thinking the expansion bay door is for the NVMe SSD as well, I am also curious if they are planning to use that USB-C port on the front as a 1 cable solution for the yet to be announced PSVR2 headset, eliminating the need for multiple cables and a breakout box.
I would hope. Or better yet make it wireless. The included USB cable for the DualSense should also be USB-C on both ends.

Neo Blaster

This is the biggest way i see cross-gen holding it back. Hopefully they've found a way around it. I.E. making flight much slower on PS4, or making the aerial LOD just kind of shit. They can do that now without fear of backlash as people know PS4 is not their target hardware
That would be an insane LOD, who knows, if there's anyone who can find a way around is PS Studios wizards.

I would hope. Or better yet make it wireless. The included USB cable for the DualSense should also be USB-C on both ends.

I would LOVE for the next headset to be wireless, but I am not going to keep my hopes up...if they did make it wireless though I think that would be a game changer on the VR front, that is one of the most annoying things when playing stuff in VR, the damn cables!

Last edited:
There are people on youtube actually saying this doesn't look any different graphically than DS3, and isn't impressive.....ummm, what?? I probably said "Holy shit!" about 10 times while watching this video yesterday.

Yep it's 'Holy shit!' good as it's 4K 60fps.

I watched it on YT @ 4K a couple times now and fuck me, it's a killer app already. Just dont delay to next year otherwise my soul will be crushed.

scalman

its so weird now from MS , they showed thins what XSS can do , even games on it but they didnt showed like same thing how XSX runs it like how much better crisper and such... whats going on there rly ? not much PS5 showed as well about new camera specs whats it can do , about new loading time and such ...

kyliethicc

So Sony 1st party games playable at 60 FPS on PS5 so far:

Spider Miles, GT7, Demon's Souls, Ratchet & Clank.
Am I forgetting any other? Could Returnal have a 60 FPS mode?

God of War will likely keep a higher frame rate option like it had on 4 Pro.
TLOU2 multiplayer should be 60 on PS5 too.
If there is that new rumored SOCOM FPS from GG that will be 60 FPS.

Pretty cool.

travisktl

I feel like a PS blog post would be the most likely option for the next console updates before launch, but at the same time, it seems like they still have so much to talk about. There's the UI, the create button, and even after the Road To PS5 video, Sony said a lot of the coolest features of the console hadn't even been revealed yet. Developers that have been interviewed recently have also said they're under strict NDA about any of the dualsense, smartshift, and 3d audio features. They may not do another big event like yesterday, but I could definitely see some smaller videos being uploaded going over the console features.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom