• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

xacto

it’s fascinating to see some people still in denial mode. When are they going to transition to the next phase?

there is nothing surprising revealed at all. too bad we still don’t get a full UI reveal. I bet Sony hasn’t finished polishing it

They will never transition, mate, they kept being like that for the past 7 years... do you think it will happen now?

Yftb85F.png

Vae_Victis

Banned
They didn't get to see the UI, maybe they will reveal it soon?

Maybe there is no UI. When you turn on the console a 4K 60fps ray-traced Mark Cerny appears on the screen and asks you what you wish to do. If the 3D sound is not working right you can just lean towards the tv and he will give a quick look at the inside of your ear, tweaking the hrtf profile in the process.

Last edited:

Neo Blaster

So I guess somebody has to ask the question: Where exactly did they measure the temp of the PS5?
did they read out the console? What part has been measured. What tool has been used. Has it been measured during gameplay or during a menu or on the homescreen. If it was one of the latter ones, how long after gameplay has the measurement been taken?

Just such a weird open for interpretation statement. I mean it doesnt really matter as long as it doesnt run at above 90°C constantly (looking at you macbook) and is silent while doing so.
Well, he has ears to hear fan noise, and if he didn't...

Lethal01

Can I pre-download the OS update? Asking for a friend, because THE SHOP CANCELLED MY FUCKING PREORDER!

I wasn't expecting VTubers, but I hear it's a big thing in Japan. Heck, I love Anime, but I just can't get to understand the VTuber scene.

Meh, I stumbled upon them when I was just looking for a normal japanese let's play to listen to for practice and then saw that it was already nothing but vtubers in my result.. I just see it as a camless let's play with a tiny indication of the persons facial reaction to accompany it.

Hondo4

Did Sony make a big deal out of this or did everyone hype this up to be something it was never meant to be?

Last edited:

Neo Blaster

the guy who was invite by Sony to have a hands on experience with the console

unless google translate completely fucked up (which is possible) that was state ten made in this article

Ok, so we selectively choose stuff from preview feedback, that makes sense.

you guys should have beef with the guy who wrote this not me, it is the same article that you are so excited about when it mentions that ps5 was silent and cold, make your mind, do you believe this article or not?
You are so eager to downplay PS5 that didn't even come to your mind the translation is bollocks.

Last edited:

sircaw

Banned
A
If this is what we should be expecting, this is really a game changer: I have to manage time between kids and one console. Less time wasted loading between (frequent) deaths, more playtime for them.

Aye this is magnificent, this looks like what we have all been hoping for and also the Console is Quiet, extremely quiet, this is Fantastic news.

Seems like Cerny has really pulled out all the stops, i am really happy.

xacto

Shes about as hot as that chick with green hair that all the kids love today,

Cant remember her music but it makes me want to drive myself of a cliff when i hear it.

The fact that you know about the "green hair chick" makes me want to hear more about it... spill it, I know you know everything about this. Come on, tell us about your fantasies 😂

sircaw

Banned
Some quick glimpses at Astroboy and i know its just a game to show of the controller but damn its looks seriously fun and good, not like a demo but a proper game.

i mean it would sell millions just by itself i would imagine if it was a standalone game.

and god fall actually looks better the more i see of it.

@Slimeysnake must be running into walls this morning, not knowing which way to turn.

Garani

The only way the PS5 is gonna be comparable to Nintendo is because it's so fucking hard to get their bloody consoles! 🤣

If they manage to fuse together PS Remote Play and PSNow, we may be in front of a game changer.

You already see that with XCloud from Microsoft. Now extend that idea to PS5 and the ability to play, from the cloud, any PS5 game you own on a mobile device of your own choosing and there you have a Nintendo competitor (and please, make it work on my PSVita... the screen is sooo good!)

We are still living in a Data capped world, but we are getting here, especially once 5G becomes readily available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom