• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
tenor.gif

DisfiguredHideousFritillarybutterfly-size_restricted.gif

Lysandros

Given its hardware heavy I/O complex and more than twice faster SSD, PS5 should perform better. That's just one (not very next gen) case but PS5's data throughput continues to puzzle me. Maybe it's less 'automatic' and demands developer effort. Anyway, it's too early to judge let's see what the future brings.

kyliethicc

That FULL RDNA 2 DIRECT X 12 DXR VA SFS DXS ML VRS 12 TFLOP Full Clocks POWA

8Ip4Cj4.jpg

Obviously this is just a shitpost. They'll probably just patch it. Relax.

But this "more powerful narrative, the multis better on xbox thing" is dead.

The systems are about equal. Each have some pros/cons.

Me? I'll go with the console with the better exclusives and the cool new controller.

I have been saying it all year, both consoles will be similar with up and downs here and there depending on the design advantages of each console. The two GPUs while very different are actually targeting same performance range. Both consoles consume almost same power at same GPU architecture, why would you expect one will outperform the other by a large margin?
The power argument is dead, back to real world, Games.

reksveks

Wha

The meta was and still is PC and Playstation. I have no reason to own a XBOX, owning a PC. I do hope Microsoft starts producing/creating good games though...

but IMO if you were stuck to 1 console, PS5 would make more sense. Maybe it becomes closer when Bethesda/Microsoft start dropping their big games. IMO that's at least 2-3 years away

Think Microsoft are indifferent to you buying a xbox console if you are gaming on Windows. In the pc gaming battle, the long-term battle is Linux (aka Stadia and a form of Luna). If you are on PC, the aim for them is whether can they sell you a subscription?

THE:MILKMAN

It's 99% likely to be fake. A capacitor is the only thing in the system that could create that amount smoke, but capacitor smoke is yellow tinged and this looks much more like water vapor than smoke.

Looks like it is legit going by the latest replies by Xbox Poland in the last hour to that person?

Arek said; "Well, I did not expect such a noise ... but Microsoft spoke up, called and wrote. I'm waiting what's next. " To which Xbox Polska replied; "We'll make it good ;)"

In any case I expect thousands of various defects for both consoles if we assume both will ship 2+ million units before the end of the year.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Think Microsoft are indifferent to you buying a xbox console if you are gaming on Windows. In the pc gaming battle, the long-term battle is Linux (aka Stadia and a form of Luna). If you are on PC, the aim for them is whether can they sell you a subscription?
They really aren't indifferent to it. They'd surely prefer people game on Xbox.

xCloud and PC gaming aren't meant to convert people away from their more lucrative Xbox platform.. they are meant to grow their overall userbase, knowing it will cost them some Xbox platform owners. But they'd certainly prefer it greatly if everyone would buy an Xbox lol

Pretty bad port on both platforms... the framerate is all over the place.
You don't get it Insane Metal Insane Metal you can fix this issues always you have or be able to buy a an screen
with 4k 120fps and with VRR well maybe for that framerate the VRR is not enough.

Because you know is normal than user who thinks 600 USD is too much for a console can buy a tv of
around $1000.

I am agree than Sony need to fix ASAP that missing things like 8k (they ad is the box), VRR and if is possible
also 1440p but is becoming annoying see how now looks like all the people have TVs with VRR.

I thinks is good the consoles can have VRR that doesn't mean is good to have games with those chaotic
framerate with that excuse, I used in my PC but is not magical if your framerate is bad you will see it.

So you are telling me than the delta is not 1:1 with the teraflops, that cannot be the guy with a green
avatar told me than XSX will have an advantage of the double of framerate.

reksveks

They really aren't indifferent to it. They'd surely prefer people game on Xbox.
xCloud and PC gaming aren't meant to convert people away from their more lucrative Xbox platform.. they are meant to grow their overall userbase, knowing it will cost them some Xbox platform owners. But they'd certainly prefer it greatly if everyone would buy an Xbox lol

Indifferent is maybe the wrong term, I think they see the reduced importance of the console in the long-term, think they think the platform aka xbox live is more important especially in getting new gamers. They would definitely like to get the 30% cut but they would also like to get that 100% of $/£10 a month.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

8Ip4Cj4.jpg

Me? I'll go with the console with the better exclusives and the cool new controller.
leave it to Microsoft to shoot themselves in the foot once again. This time around they had everything going for them. better GPU, faster CPU clocks, more ram bandwidth and they still fucked it up. I dont know why these APIs need to be changed every gen. Are they moving from DX11 to DX12 or something? Shouldnt it be backward compatible?

They have no excuse here. The game should run better unless the PS5 I/O is really something special and is able to bridge the 18% gap in tflops just by eliminating bottlenecks (highly unlikely).

Last edited:

8Ip4Cj4.jpg

E8LSkw1.gif

Stuart360

leave it to Microsoft for shooting themselves in the foot once again. This time around they had everything going for them. better GPU, faster CPU clocks, more ram bandwidth and they still fucked it up. I dont know why these APIs need to be changed every gen. Are they moving from DX11 to DX12 or something? Shouldnt it be backward compatible?

They have no excuse here. The game should run better unless the PS5 I/O is really something special and is able to bridge the 18% gap in tflops just by eliminating bottlenecks (highly unlikely).
It does run better on XSX, in 3 of the 4 modes. If people want to hang onto the 120fps mode, a mode that will be the least used by far by gamers, well go for it.

Last edited:
It does run better on XSX, in 3 of the 4 modes. If people want to hang onto the 120fps mode, a mode than will be the least used by far by gamers, well go for it.

Not 20%-30% better which is what some people were expecting here. And certainly not Dealers numbers and he did the math.

Something else is going on. Not sure if it's API issues with the XSX or the PS5 really is designed far better than what people thought.

Stuart360

Not 20%-30% better which is what some people were expecting here. And certainly not Dealers numbers and he did the math.

Something else is going on. Not sure if it's API issues with the XSX or the PS5 really is designed far better than what people thought.
Dealers tweet was stupid the moment he tweeted it, and only gets constantly quoted for console war reasons.

It does run better on XSX, in 3 of the 4 modes. If people want to hang onto the 120fps mode, a mode that will be the least used by far by gamers, well go for it.

Who cares for High performance? But if was the contrary, PS5 better in RT and XSX better on HIGH performance, let's say.. "Who cares for RT"?

Funboys. Both consoles had pretty similar performance.

Dogman

Microsoft definitely care if you're on Xbox or Windows. They make 100% cut on games on Xbox vs 70% from steam, not to mention you give them money for their hardware if you buy an Xbox, but not a PC part.

Stuart360

Who cares for High performance? But if was the contrary, PS5 better in RT and XSX better on HIGH performance, let's say.. "Who cares for RT"?

Funboys. Both consoles had pretty similar performance.
Maybe for some. but not for me. I always say framerate over everything. Well 60fps over 30fps more. I only play at 60fps on PC, not botherd about unlocked framerates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom