• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

xool

Just remember antibiotics have no effect on viruses. Whenever I get sick I stop all meat products, milk, and all junk and have Herby soups with spices and eat less overall.

"Starve a fever feed a cold. "

[Viruses count as fever ] mo fluids though. Not a doctor, don't @ me if you die though..

JAMMA

Last warning for console wars
"Starve a fever feed a cold. "

[Viruses count as fever ] mo fluids though. Not a doctor, don't @ me if you die though..
Insanity, hydration and eating well is beneficial in nearly every situation whether it be viral, bacterial or fungal.

The big difference is most people ride out *mild* viral infections without antivirals, but bacterial infections and fungal infections typically get worse without antibiotics or anti fungal medications respectively.

Last edited:

Handy Fake

Insanity, hydration and eating well is beneficial in nearly every situation whether it be viral, bacterial or fungal.

The big difference is most people ride out *mild* viral infections without antivirals, but bacterial infections and fungal infections typically get worse without antibiotics or anti fungal medications respectively.
I've had normal flu once in my life and I thought I was being shuffled off this mortal coil. I didn't eat for three days, I had to sleep wrapped in towels because I was just soaked and I welcomed the cold embrace of death.

BBC: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-51602007

"Italy has introduced "extraordinary measures" to tackle the spread of the biggest outbreak of the new coronavirus in Europe.

Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte announced the emergency plan late as the number of cases rose to more than 100.

The measures were imposed after two Italian citizens were confirmed to have died from the virus..."

Last edited:

bellome

I've had normal flu once in my life and I thought I was being shuffled off this mortal coil. I didn't eat for three days, I had to sleep wrapped in towels because I was just soaked and I welcomed the cold embrace of death.

BBC: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-51602007

"Italy has introduced "extraordinary measures" to tackle the spread of the biggest outbreak of the new coronavirus in Europe.

Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte announced the emergency plan late as the number of cases rose to more than 100.

The measures were imposed after two Italian citizens were confirmed to have died from the virus..."

I live in Milan and people are starting to panicking out. This morning I've been at the supermarket to buy some water and I saw people acting like WW3.

The 2 dead people were old and sick, it is a power flu nothing more, nonetheless the situation is critical since the contagion is spreading fast (150 atm).

Next week schools will be closed and presumably all economic activities too.

I'm pretty pleased that Microsoft has some stronger possibilities this go-around for launch titles and beyond

It used to be Forza, Gears and Halo and that was about it. This time, they'll have a much more versatile lineup thanks to their acquisitions(even though I hate moneyhatting, they needed help).

I don't think they'll be a as strong as Sony's first-party offerings, but an improvement is a good start.

Still concerned about this virus affecting things like console supply and even release dates. Don't be surprised if even some games start missing their dates due to production issues(I can't shake the feeling FFVIIR will get pushed again)

pawel86ck

Banned

Ampere: revamped Tensor Cores, >800mm² die. Holy shit.
Ampere will not give us any clues in regards to next gen consoles, so I hope AMD will reveal big Navi soon. If what Osiris Black has said in regards to XSX / PS5 power is true then big Navi should be much faster than 12TF.

Fdkenzo

So he has access to some super secret database that all countries report "real" figures, and the other stuff they publish is fake? He told you this? And you believed him?
Man, if you believe all they says on TV, good for you. Yes i believe that are more Infecțions and more deaths than what is given on media.

//in 1918 was a virus from China that killed more than 50 milion people, think about that before you believe what is says on tv.

Last edited:
Man, if you believe all they says on TV, good for you. Yes i believe that are more Infecțions and more deaths than what is given on media.

To be clear, you are saying 750k infected and 250k dead. With no proof.

They have only just shipped 250k testing kits out mid Feb. But we know 750k are infected. Ok mate.

I agree with you not to believe all you see on TV or in the MSM. Depends a lot on what country you are from too. But also don't be so gullible.

I think that's enough derailing.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I live in Milan and people are starting to panicking out. This morning I've been at the supermarket to buy some water and I saw people acting like WW3.

The 2 dead people were old and sick, it is a power flu nothing more, nonetheless the situation is critical since the contagion is spreading fast (150 atm).

I hope you fight it back and stay safe. All our wishes for your people. 🙏🙏

Zero909

Banned
Fake insiders be like

shqLsNB.gif

mitchman

Gold Member

//in 1918 was a virus from China that killed more than 50 milion people, think about that before you believe what is says on tv.

It was not from China, it came with US soldiers from the US earlier than 1918.

I have information from a person who has access to an application (is from Ministry of Health) that updates in real time the Worldwide infections with Covid19. The real figures are disastrous, over 750,000 infected and over 250,000 dead! I think that we dont know everything....

The application is for Linux or Windows? :messenger_grinning_sweat: Stop spreading misinformation.

Real Data Sources: WHO, CDC, ECDC, NHC and DXY.

Disco_

What kind of improvements can we realistically expect from games like tlou2 or GoT on ps5 besides better framerate and faster loading Times ?
Chances are they were developed with ps5 in mind. If there are any games that would get a ps5 patch to improve loading/frames/textures/lighting tech those two would be it.

Smoke6

I will start saying that I am a proud owner of (PS2, X360, Dreamcast, GameCube, PS3, PS4, PSVita, Xbox One X and a couple more consoles)... I seriously don't understand this excitement about Sony first-party this generation, while I enjoy Uncharted the PS4 games didn't bring anything new (IMO) to the genre. IMO first party devs should have a license to push gaming into new areas. Sorry, but games like SpiderMan, Uncharted or GoW didn't impress me this generation. Yes, these are good games but nothing that would make me think "Sh*t this is amazing". My GF enjoyed games like Detroit etc. but I am not a big fan of interactive movies. I have got Death Stranding day one and got bored pretty quickly. I play more on XBX due to better multi-platforms (got 4K qled tv since 2017) and IMO controller.
That’s fine and dandy good sir, but something compelled you to buy those said titles and you got bored with them! So what games are your cup of tea may I ask?

pasterpl

I have information from a person who has access to an application (is from Ministry of Health) that updates in real time the Worldwide infections with Covid19. The real figures are disastrous, over 750,000 infected and over 250,000 dead! I think that we dont know everything....

when I read stuff like this I am really tempted to star selling Coronavirus remedies on eBay. So many naive people, conspiracy theorist etc. I Would make a killing on vitamin c pills ;]

/end of off topic

Smoke6

don’t get me wrong, but besides Forza Horizon 4 there was no game this gen that made me say wow. I have finished all uncharted games (finishing u4 now) and the latest part just feels repetitive when you have played previous parts. I like my FPS shooters but nothing extraordinary was released this gen (fingers crossed for doom ethereal), I like my arcade racers but nothing compares to project Gotham (not even fh4), I like RPGs but there is nothing like Skyrim this gen etc. I understand your point, I love wipeout and this is one of the main reasons whyi always buy PlayStation (but I know it is same game as on previous gen with better graphics) is , but can we please stop that excitement over uncharted 4, spiderman, GOW etc. Or maybe you can change my mind and tell me what is so amazing about these games that wasn’t there in previous parts released on ps3?
Well for one GOW was nothing like the previous entries at all! From camera all the way down to controls and gameplay! The aesthetics of the game is vastly different and quite superior to what we have played before it!

It’s crazy you say this shit when MS releases the same 4 game series every gen since launch band nothing has drastically changed for them besides...you guessed it! GFX!!!

uncharted is a single player experience that breaks you out of the mild of multiplayer games out there

The last of us was very well told and out together and the immersion in the story telling of that game is bar none bro!

So to me you come off as a hater, you can be a “collector“ but you’re still a fanboy inside as it’s straight facts that Sony’s lineup slaughter anything MS has been able to put out!

I remember when the PS3 was launching and all the Xbox guys were making jokes about Heavenly sword and who made that junk of a game!

LoL boy oh boy, now y’all own them!

LED Guy?

Banned
Github is fake, klee is real but now new github may be real. LMAO seriously
Did ANYONE here said it is fake? It has something to do with a Sony console but we don't know in which context yet.

Kleegamefan is real, the Xbox fanboys' Discord rumors are the fake ones, we all know that for sure 🤣🤣

The point is, Andrew Reiner, Colin Moriarty and Kleegamefan all of them said PS5 is a bit more powerful than XSX 😇

Did ANYONE here said it is fake? It has something to do with a Sony console but we don't know in which context yet.

Kleegamefan is real, the Xbox fanboys' Discord rumors are the fake ones, we all know that for sure 🤣🤣

The point is, Andrew Reiner, Colin Moriarty and Kleegamefan all of them said PS5 is a bit more powerful than XSX 😇
You have discounted github as being real. Long carried the torch high for klee and the others publicly but now post github info that may support your deep desires. Its a bit amusing really.

LED Guy?

Banned
You have discounted github as being real. Long carried the torch high for klee and the others publicly but now post github info that may support your deep desires. Its a bit amusing really.
Nope, I say it is lacking context as Digital Foundry have also said this, Kleegamefan and Matt both denied the leak as it is not representative of the final PlayStation 5 hardware.

Jason Schreier.
Matt.
Kleegamefan.
Colin Morairty.
Andrew Reiner.
OsirisBlack OsirisBlack .
HeisenbergFX4 HeisenbergFX4 .

Based on what they said, the info they've stated deny this leak, why? Because it is not representative of the PlayStation 5 final hardware.

😇😇😇😇😇😇😇😇

Last edited:
Nope, I say it is lacking context as Digital Foundry have also said this, Kleegamefan and Matt both denied the leak as it is not representative of the final PlayStation 5 hardware.

Jason Schreier.
Matt.
Kleegamefan.
Colin Morairty.
Andrew Reiner.
OsirisBlack OsirisBlack .
HeisenbergFX4 HeisenbergFX4 .

Based on what they said, the info they've stated deny this leak, why? Because it is not representative of the PlayStation 5 final hardware.

😇😇😇😇😇😇😇😇
Of course I agree, Github does lack context but it is a real/legit snapshot in time. But all these you name also lack context and/or correct or current info is the basic point.

Gamernyc78

Banned

Most narratives (don't know about him) were either the trolls saying that those were the final numbers coming from fanboys orrrrrr the group that said "OK tht could have been real at the time but Matt already said tht info is old and not representative of PSV present day". The ppl tht swore by PSV being 9tf upon release bcus of old github info and incomplete will be eating 🌭🌭🌭

Moses85

Pls stopp, this is bullshit. American Soldiers brought the virus to Spain. It didn’t came from China.

Mr Moose

*Looks for a place that shows no signs of COVID-19*
Fuck this, I'm moving to Madagascar.

Didn't the GitHub thing contain errors? Or was that something else, saying Oberon and whatever the Xbox APU is called mixed in together?
That shit don't make much sense, I won't be buying a PS5 if it's running at 2GHz or if it's a lot weaker for the same price as Series X I'll wait for the Pro.
Hopefully they are close (within 10% of each other) and they have to wow us with their games, not the specs.

Smoke6

I'm pretty pleased that Microsoft has some stronger possibilities this go-around for launch titles and beyond

It used to be Forza, Gears and Halo and that was about it. This time, they'll have a much more versatile lineup thanks to their acquisitions(even though I hate moneyhatting, they needed help).

I don't think they'll be a as strong as Sony's first-party offerings, but an improvement is a good start.

Still concerned about this virus affecting things like console supply and even release dates. Don't be surprised if even some games start missing their dates due to production issues(I can't shake the feeling FFVIIR will get pushed again)
Dude, there are no launch games for Xbox bruh that Sony won’t have but maybe a couple!

Sony has a stable of games and people first and second party!

I don’t think this has sunk in for a lot of people as going off these contradictory statements they’re making in here!

so it’s gonna fallout this way...

xbox gets an exclusive game that looks fantastic and yet they forget how they told Sony’s camp that because a game looks good don’t mean it play good! But they don’t take they’re own advice, just another notch!

playstation gets some pretty good looking launch games and all of a sudden it’s, “who wants to play that crap? It looks boring and bland?”

so yeah it’s a never ending struggle!

LED Guy?

Banned
Of course I agree, Github does lack context but it is a real/legit snapshot in time. But all these you name also lack context and/or correct or current info is the basic point.
Those names I have mentioned, their info is recent.

- Kleegamefan's last comment was on January 7th (or around it) was that what he said so far is still true and nothing has changed, and he has the full specs sheet, of course some clocks adjustments to the GPU/CPU can happen between what he said at that time and final consoles' releases, but everything is set in stone since mid of 2019. KLEE GOT VERIFIED TWICE!

- Jason Schreier said both consoles are more than the RTX 2080 which puts both at 11.5 Navi TFs or even more.

- Andrew Reiner when he said PS5 is more powerful at E3 2019, the 12 Navi TFs of XSX was known by developers at that time, this is according to Arthur Gies who works at Polygon, so he is legit. That means PS5 is more powerful than that.

Matt and Klee said Oberon leak isn't representative of the final HW and do not match.

- OsirisBlack OsirisBlack and HeisenbergFX4 HeisenbergFX4 both said that both consoles more powerful than RTX 2080 or equal to RTX 2080 Super.

Sooo....

Last edited:

Mr Moose

It literally says ariel and bunch of numbers . So what ? We knew ariel name since 2018 for ps5.whats new there ? I dont get it
They are still using the Ariel ID, that person speculated Oberon (or whatever it's called) could be a BC chip, though why it would run at 2GHz, I have no idea. I have no clue what those numbers in the array mean.

iu

YOU HAVE DIED OF AIDS
LOL :p

(Madagascar still has the plague, I blame King Julien).

Last edited:

pasterpl

Well for one GOW was nothing like the previous entries at all! From camera all the way down to controls and gameplay! The aesthetics of the game is vastly different and quite superior to what we have played before it!

It’s crazy you say this shit when MS releases the same 4 game series every gen since launch band nothing has drastically changed for them besides...you guessed it! GFX!!!

uncharted is a single player experience that breaks you out of the mild of multiplayer games out there

The last of us was very well told and out together and the immersion in the story telling of that game is bar none bro!

So to me you come off as a hater, you can be a “collector“ but you’re still a fanboy inside as it’s straight facts that Sony’s lineup slaughter anything MS has been able to put out!

I remember when the PS3 was launching and all the Xbox guys were making jokes about Heavenly sword and who made that junk of a game!

LoL boy oh boy, now y’all own them!

I am not a hater, it is funny, that I am being hater for just expressing my opinion. Btw. Wasn’t the last of us released on ps3?
Where did I say that MS lineup was better than Sony’? I am just saying that I simply don’t understand all of this excitement around games like uncharted, gow, gears or halo.

if someone is the fanboy here, it is you my friend, not being able to accept any other opinion without calling someone names is a giveaway. I am simply saying that I am not easily impressed with games these days, repetitive sequels with better graphics are not making my jaw drop, sorry. I am not saying that these games are bad, far from this, but I have got high expectations.

sinnergy

Except it’s not, ignorance is not something to be proud of. You get pneumonia of the worst kind , one that there is no antibiotics for. Also it’s totally alien to the body human kind as we have not encountered before , so it takes a lot of energy and strength to get better from even for relative young people, just saying. And real flu is bad , if you had it , Most people mistake a cold for the flu, not weird because symptoms look a like, but from real flu you are really really sick, you would know, if you had it. And this is even worse .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom