• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radical_3d

tenor.gif

And if you keep asking I'm hijacking the train and turning it around!!!!
DecisiveShockingAustralianshelduck-size_restricted.gif

I’m really happy that PlayStation is dominating the gaming market like no other, now some of you may say “Hey stop being a fanboy” & things like that.

But when you really think about it, Sony is doing something that we all really want, yeah they may have imperfections here and there, but what they say always is that they are committed to bringing out AAA single player (and even Multiplayer too) experiences & exclusives so that they’ll stay 100% “committed to dedicated hardware” and look at how they keep pushing gaming forward with graphical quality, cinematics, motion-capture and just overall gameplay fidelity and polish that only them (especially Naughty Dog) and (Rockstar Games) can do with TLOU 2 looks to be pushing ahead of Rockstar’s efforts, look at how The Last of Us Part 2 is going to be, a benchmark in graphics, animations and attention-to-detail, it’ll be a masterpiece I know that for a fact, just read all the latest previews about the game, they are praising like it’s the best game ever!

Now whereas with Microsoft, they just don’t seem to know what they’ll be doing or what direction they’re taking, you’ll find them wanting to please “everyone” or the “BILLIONS of gamers around the world” and mobile devices and all that, this would result in them not satisfying the console gamers who built their Xbox brand to what it is now, now they’re making Game Pass, and the fact that they put their exclusives day and date in that service is really making a disservice to their games, which degrades the quality and the overall ambitions of what their games are trying to achieve.

Sony said that “putting our exclusives day and date” on PS Now service would degrade their quality and would make them less ambitious, because think about it, making a huge AAA game without MP (meaning no milking of context nor Microtransactions) like Horizon Zero Dawn or The Last of Us Part II and putting those huge ass games onto Game Pass service DAY ONE would result in massive losses, because many people would just subscribe for that service to play those games once and then be done with those games, it’s like you’ve played Horizon & TLOU 2 for $10 only, that would result in huge losses.

I have another example, what if there are so many games on a $10 subscription service but the top 10 games are dominating that service, then the lesser played games will not be able to survive and won’t get any revenue because they’re games ain’t doing shit in the “most played games”.

That’s why I hate Xbox’s approach and hate Game Pass, fuck their pathetic approach, it would make games feel like mobile games, or filled with MP microtransactions and DLCs and all that shit, or maybe walking simulators just like Hellblade 2 using Unreal Engine 5’s asset flips, so no cost in development really, in 4 or 5 hour game, that’s your Hellblade 2 game on Game Pass.

That sucks!

I want your guys’ opinions on this.
In the personal I am not fan of any company be so dominating because all of them have people with ideas I don't support.

I really like Sony focus so much is its first party but I miss see more AAA from its Japanese arm I mean I can understand that from companies like Xbox for be a company of the USA but
in the last years I saw minor interest of Sony in that (aside of second parties like Atlus). Also, I will like they have an approach more aggressive in the multiplayer titles right now are
big games like Gran Turismo and MLB. But in general I like how Sony and Nintendo focus so much in the quality of its first parties instead to just be a list of things to do like many others AAA
do even when both follow different approaches.

I am not complete agree with you at least in this generation I saw a couple of games from Xbox which show the kind of company for which I was excited to see in the Xbox and Xbox 360
capitalizing on your lack of fear of losing money with games like Cuphead, Ori and even Forza Horizon. But instead another for its franchises they treated with fear of make many changes
like if was annual game sagas like EA usually do(Gear of War 4) and when they did it were sometimes disappointing (campaign of Halo 5) without realize when they make changes not
necessarily what make good its games (like ignore the Forerunner and make Cortana the main enemy) the problem with is Xbox has a small maneuvering space with so few franchises
so this make this generation is worse than should be.

With gamepass I have mixing feelings I like more people can play more games but in the same time and think if that service is is not used carefully can damage the quality of the games
more than benefit them because not always cheaper and with more users means better games (Android/IOS games). Also, I am thinking that price is not realistic I mean the costs is very similar to
Netflix but both have products of prices totally different so in order to reduce that problem they remove without warning some games, this for some reason I rare to see in the websites said
and this month this games will be removed because fuck you.

I think gamepass should be just part of the ecosystem but if its first AAA games (first party and second party) then will have game even more focus have long experiences instead to be
different or even have unconventional ideas or just the opposite simple game which are just walking simulator so more people played since the beginning to the end, also I don't
understand why the game of Xbox of its studios has microtransactions or even remove some features if you don't pay gold yeah I am talking of horda in Gears 5 I mean wtf.

Many of the users now think they can put a price of a game and say I will not put $15 dollars for a game like Hollow Knight because can play for less in gamepass
I mean how you are to decide when a game cost $15 or $60. I saw the argument than many people buy game after of played in gamespass yeah sure because we know the "casual" player
is know for replay its games after of finished. The people which think than gamepass is perfect and should the future of the industry also think that is crazy pay for a complete game in
smartphone but not pay more of the total price in microtransactions.

But if you are game is not making revenue in the same grade after a considerable time I see good that game is in a service like gamepass or even be ported to another plataform, but they
need be careful of this time is long enough to make they're user just wait this happens.
giphy.gif

Last edited:

yewles1

AMD’s SmartShift tech for faster frame-rates won’t be in any more laptops until 2021 (but will boost PS5)

AMD’s SmartShift tech, which boosts performance in laptops with AMD processors and GPUs, might be in the recently released Dell G5 15 SE gaming portable, but it won’t be in any other notebooks this year.

One interesting twist, however, is that both of the next-gen consoles from Microsoft and Sony pair AMD CPUs and GPUs, and Sony has already confirmed that the PS5 will use SmartShift to help get the most from its components.

So we will see another SmartShift-toting machine this year, but it won’t be a laptop, it’ll be the PS5 – and possibly also the Xbox Series X. As we discussed when AMD first revealed this technology back at CES, SmartShift could be a key part of how next-gen consoles realize their full performance potential.

For now though, the gaming laptop world will have to wait to see how this technology will more broadly impact on performance levels, and perhaps just as crucially, battery life – which has always been a thorny area for gaming portables.

My guess is the PS5 has an improved version with possible Sony customizations that may be implemented in the 2021 version.

hemo memo

Gold Member
We would be watching E3 (EA Play Saturday), right.............now.

Yes. E3 was controlling this shit show all those years. Hopefully E3 is back next year. Doritos king summer whatever is a complete failure. Following this has been a nightmare instead of E3 simple format.

In the personal I am not fan of any company be so dominating because all of them have people with ideas I don't support.

I really like Sony focus so much is its first party but I miss see more AAA from its Japanese arm I mean I can understand that from companies like Xbox for be a company of the USA but
in the last years I saw minor interest of Sony in that (aside of second parties like Atlus). Also, I will like they have an approach more aggressive in the multiplayer titles right now the only
big game with that is Gran Turismo and MLB. But in general how Sony and Nintendo focus so much in the quality of its first parties instead to just be a list of things than many others AAA
do even both follow different approaches.

I am not complete agree with you at least in this generation I saw a couple of games from Xbox which show the kind of company for which I was excited to see in the Xbox and Xbox 360
capitalizing on your lack of fear of losing money with games like Cuphead, Ori and even Forza Horizon. But instead another for its franchises they treated with fear of make many changes
like if was annual game sagas like EA usually do(Gear of War 4) and when they did it were sometimes disappointing (campaign of Halo 5) without realize when they make changes not
necessarily what make good its games (like ignore the Forerunner and make Cortana the main enemy) the problem with is Xbox has a small maneuvering space with so few franchises

With gamepass I have mixing feelings I like more people can play more games but in the same time and think if that service is is not used carefully can damage the quality of the games
more than benefit them because not always cheaper and with more user means better (Android/IOS games). Also, I am thinking that price is not realistic I mean the costs is very similar to
Netflix but both have products of prices totally different so in order to reduce that problem they remove without warning so game, this for some reason I rare to see in the websites said

I think gamepass should be just part of the ecosystem but if its first AAA games (first party and second party) then will have game even more focus have long experiences instead to be
different or even have unconventional ideas or just the opposite simple game which are just walking simulator so more people played since the beginning to the end, also I don't
understand why the game of Xbox of its studios has microtransactions or even remove some features if you don't pay gold yeah I am talking of horda in Gears 5 I mean wtf.

Many of the users now think they can put a price of a game and say I will not put $15 dollars for a game like Hollow Knight because can play for less in gamepass
I mean how you are to decide when a game cost $15 or $60. I saw the argument than many people buy game after of played in gamespass yeah sure because we know the "casual" player
is know for replay its games after of finished. The people which think than gamepass is perfect and should the future of the industry also think that is crazy pay for a complete game in

But if you are game is not making revenue in the same grade after a considerable time I see good that game is in a service like gamepass or even be ported to another plataform, but they
need be careful of this time is long enough to make they're user just wait this happens.
giphy.gif
Japanese drvelopers lost some of their magic ftom PS1 and PS2 era. I am glad, however, that currently they seem to be recovering. Capcom strong comeback, from software became AAAA with Souls Sakiro stuff, square showing a comeback with FF7 remake. Only Konami fucked it up big times.

Marlenus

Smartshift has nothing to do with clocks.... it’s about power allocation.

Xsex will have a power cap on it’s gpu. If they aren’t using smartshift they’re robbing their gpu of performance.

More power = higher clocks.

If there is headroom available it will increase clocks (and power) until it hits the clock cap or the power / temp / voltage limit.

hemo memo

Gold Member
Hey, pal, blame the pandemic and what happened in USA for everything, not Summerfest. At least Geoff is trying to keep some momentum.

Yeah because it’s 1960 and no smartphones and the internet is not a thing.

Countries changed their entire school and college systems to adapt to the pandemic and millions of students are attending online yet those multibillion companies can’t handle a couple of online events? It’s a hard to follow badly managed mess.

Neo Blaster

Countries changed their entire school and college systems to adapt to the pandemic and millions of students are attending online yet those multibillion companies can’t handle a couple of online events? It’s a hard to follow badly managed mess.
Companies standing back due to the racism protests is a badly managed mess? Entire development teams having to work apart and dealing with large files while using their regular internet connections is a badly managed mess? C'mon, you can't be that unaware of what's happening.

More whining i see, its groundhogs day allover.

ZeroFool

What’s your @ We need to support our fellow Gaffers!
@TX3DJohn just don't laugh at my old XNA tweets (when I was an elite Indie Dev that could run things at 16k resolution) Ignore the few years where I didn't post anything but I am now following 600 people that I don't know. Or maybe they did make posts for me. One day when I have time I should probably actually look, I could be in huge trouble with the CIA and not know it. I prefer using Instagram. LOL

In my defense it was easy to hit 16k resolution with only a single 8-bit sprite on the screen!

LED Guy?

Banned

in the last years I saw minor interest of Sony in that (aside of second parties like Atlus). Also, I will like they have an approach more aggressive in the multiplayer titles right now the only
big game with that is Gran Turismo and MLB. But in general how Sony and Nintendo focus so much in the quality of its first parties instead to just be a list of things than many others AAA
do even both follow different approaches.

more than benefit them because not always cheaper and with more user means better (Android/IOS games). Also, I am thinking that price is not realistic I mean the costs is very similar to
Netflix but both have products of prices totally different so in order to reduce that problem they remove without warning so game, this for some reason I rare to see in the websites said

giphy.gif
Thank you man for this long write-up, I agree with you a lot.

LED Guy?

Banned

This Nitrous girl got exposed, she's not even a girl, it's a guy hiding behind this account but he's using this profile picture to gain likeness around the community so that people believe "her" rather than fact check.

But yeah, both consoles are very powerful, they're rivaling high-end PCs now and even better in other aspects than any PC to date, but that guy is a liar.

FranXico

What stopped awhike ago? I saw tht info few weeks ago lol you kidding me right? You part of tht discord to know?
Yes, same here. A few weeks ago, and we haven't heard anything about it any more. Also, last I heard (in this thread too I think), there were mass bans at Reee related to it. PM me if you know otherwise, so that we don't derail the thread with more cross-forum drama.

geordiemp

More misterX media or was that insider, god I love some misterX, delerious to the extreme.

Why does Unreal Engine twitter account follow this person?🤦🏻‍♂️

Not just UE, but also Raja Koduri, Intel Graphics, Ian Cutress of AnandTech to name a few... Wth.

They probably having a good laugh, it makes me laugh.

Last edited:

Gamernyc78

Banned
Yes, same here. A few weeks ago, and we haven't heard anything about it any more. Also, last I heard (in this thread too I think), there were mass bans at Reee related to it. PM me if you know otherwise, so that we don't derail the thread with more cross-forum drama.

Not derailing, informing someone who was obviously ignorant of it based off their comment. That comment had ended there so there wasn't a derailment. Now there is 🤔

Either way we shall carry on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom