• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dodkrake

Banned
It's less than 10cm "tall" when horizontal, as far as I can measure. Which is pretty slim, all considered.

I will try to extract some still image from the trailer during the camera rotations to get an idea of the depth, but that will probably be a much rougher guess.

Sorry, i meant width as in the fat side part. seems like around 20cm

ArcaneNLSC

This is based off design of the console alone so purely aesthetics sleek sexy curved and vibrant vs bland tower

6duw9Fc.jpg

Vae_Victis

Banned
Sorry, i meant width as in the fat side part. seems like around 20cm
There is a single moment in the video right before the end, where the console starts off at about 60° from the side and then very rapidly turns towards the viewer. Very rough estimate, but I'd say it's more or less 20-25cm long, from what we can tell. Definitely much taller than it is deep, in any case.

So final estimated size, from me, is 37 (± 2) x 22 (± 5) x 9 (± 1) cm

Last edited:

saintjules

Excited by a couple of the games there - Spider-Man, Pragmata, HZD2, Little Devil Inside, R&C, Godfall, Returnal, Project Athia, Kena. Definitely seems to be more plentiful than I thought. GTAV felt completely out of place imo.

Loved the reveal of the Console. You could tell it was happening in stages. Audio production was smooth. Loved the distorted squeel synths they used in the production. The audio - Still not the true experience, but I believe that was already mentioned. You can get away with watching the event with your regular sound device/AVR of choice.

Definitely surprised by the Digital Edition model (Almost thought it was a Pro for a second!) I wonder about the Amazon listings now.

Last edited:

saintjules

Vroadstar

I'm not the one that made the rule of not making fun of someone or being dismissive of people because of how long they've had an account created bud. But hey, keep on truckin', see where that gets you.

If you have fun conversing from a bottom-dwelling neo-account with low effort trolling post, that's on you, enjoy.

huh? by showing gameplay that looks like PS4?

Corndog

Banned
There is a single moment in the video right before the end, where the console starts off at about 60° from the side and then very rapidly turns towards the viewer. Very rough estimate, but I'd say it's more or less 20-25cm long, from what we can tell. Definitely much taller than it is deep, in any case.

So final estimated size, from me, is 37 (± 2) x 22 (± 5) x 9 (± 1) cm
I don’t get why they just don’t release that type of info.

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
Show was a bit disappointing, I expected more. Lowering my expectations for July, jump from ps3 -> ps4 seemed larger

sircaw

Banned
Cute!!

But i don't get it, Ratchet still the main character and this female character will be playable in some parts of the game?

i Personally think Sony are very keen on making sure that this show reflected a very diverse cast of characters.
Mainly to have as many females and none white males in there games as possible, last thing they want is backlash i guess.

Just my thoughts on the world of identity politics atm.

Last edited:

user1337

Some of the guys here are missing a big point.

Even indie developers are able to now make games that look as good as some of the bigger studios from last gen. And this is at the very start of this new gen.

Just let your imagination run wild on what all we will get to experience over the next few years ( pending an alien invasion ).

Vroadstar

icerock

I remember people saying "this isn't gameplay" or something along those lines about Horizon Zero Down, and then it went straight into gameplay.

The first party games (on both PS5 and Xbox Series X) are going to get us moist.

Horizon still looks so pretty. As the tech improves and devs get more accustomed to new hardware, visuals should get even better next-gen.

Yeah I rewatched all I could in 4k tht GT Game play is definitely a Gen ahead of everything. It looks so good.

Yeah, I'm rewatching the trailers and I can notice the details now. Such a shame Sony decided to stream this in 1080p at 30fps, so much detail was lost thanks to compression and rez.

I know he's trolling but Lockhart is going to undercut PS5 to the tune of $150-200, the disc-less PS5 SKU would be only $50 cheaper at best.

RespawnX

Yeah I rewatched all I could in 4k tht GT Gabe play is definitely a Gen ahead of everything. It looks so good.

Sorry, I'm still searching the 4k version? The trailer is in 1080p and even with flickering edges. So it wasn't sampled down from 4k material. The several pop-ins also suggest that this game is in early stage of development. Ray traced reflects and volumetric lite are looking nice, materials aren't so far ahead from this generation, was expecting a bit more to be honest. Maybe footage was from the 120 fps mode?

Delpij

I don't think some of us properly acknowledge that this might be the greatest Playstation unveil we've ever seen.
Announcing a new Sony console with strong exclusive IPs like Horizon, Spider Man, Ratchet and Clank, Gran Turismo 7 and Demon's Souls is insane.

We've seen a lot of Pixar-level rendering and the catalog is already very kid friendly, which I also like.

REiDmvv.png

y1uvQQU.png

aJThfiy.png

P1hTcjC.png

HpbNlI0.png

Fn0EVbl.png

A49igYA.png

UpRJcOb.png

l7WpsU5.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom