• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilms

Banned

Deahloop is 4k/60 on PS5 and has PvP invasion mechanics

How 4k/60fps is possible on an 8 tflops machine, no vrs and only rdna 1.5 ?
1466366261-risitas51.png

geordiemp

Me.ga 4K videos link

There is also a Direct feed folder with only RE8, Deathloop and Pragmata

Me.ga 4K videos link

Makes all the difference thanks.

I think after watchong the full 4K video of Ratchet and clank and Horizon, the 1080p30 compressed you tube format is not the way to present next gen games, it does not work at all. Sony need to figure this out .

If Netflix and amazon can stream 4K, then console manufacurers need to find a way to do it properly on their platform.

Last edited:
Kena dev talking using the DualSense haptics for string resistance

WoodKnight_Parry-2060x1159.jpg

Zelda-Inspired Kena: Bridge of Spirits Will Use PS5’s DualSense Advanced Haptics for Simulated String Resistance

According to the press release, Kena: Bridge of Spirits will use the advanced haptics available in PS5's DualSense controller to simulate the string resistance of Kena's Spirit Bow. This was one of the earliest examples of the DualSense haptics mentioned by Sony, and we're likely to see it implemented in most games that involve archery in some way.

kensama

Me.ga 4K videos link

I think after watchong the full 4K video of Ratchet and clank and Horizon, the 1080p30 compressed you tube format is not the way to present next gen games, it does not work at all. Sony need to figure this out .

If Netflix and amazon can stream 4K, then console manufacurers need to find a way to do it properly on their platform.

You're welcome

dimaveshkin

That was an amazing showcase featuring a wide variety of games for a broad audience. The 4k trailers just look fantastic.

Regarding Astro's Playroom:

I noticed this too, could definitely be hinting at backwards compatibility for entire PlayStation platforms and legacy of PlayStation throughout the years. Thanks.
Could be just a tribute too. They have big and successful history. Why not to celebrate it in game which will be basically played by everyone who gets PS5?

zaitsu

Banned
Me.ga 4K videos link

Ive just watched project athia - it has gamplay footage which looks VERY VERY NEXTGEN

T

Three Jackdaws

Unconfirmed Member
HB4s7Y4.jpg

Feb 20, 2013
It's sad to read stuff like this, yeah photorealism is cool but to say it's the benchmark in next-gen gaming is false, I don't feel it will ever be a benchmark.

Gaming is art in its purest form, the most important things about a game in my opinion are art, story and design which make up our experience. People have become so obsessed with things like photorealism they fail to appreciate the art and beauty that's in front of them.

Just my 2 cents.

Me.ga 4K videos link

There is not really point to streaming it in 4k when you know that:

1. Vast majority of the people dont have a 4K TV, and/or:

2. Dont have a good internet connection to get a proper 4K video feed.

If you want to promote it on an universal platform like Youtube a get millions of views for free the only way around is not to stream it but upload the video in its max resolution and let the end user watch it at its own discretion.

And stream only the form factor part so everybody could have this info at the same time.

Last edited:

GRIEVEZ

It's sad to read stuff like this, yeah photorealism is cool but to say it's the benchmark in next-gen gaming is false, I don't feel it will ever be a benchmark.

Gaming is art in its purest form, the most important things about a game in my opinion are art, story and design which make up our experience. People have become so obsessed with things like photorealism they fail to appreciate the art and beauty that's in front of them.

Just my 2 cents.
Good Artstyle > Photorealism

Its also usually easier to have more flavour in stylised games. :lollipop_smiling_face_eyes:

geordiemp

There is not really point to streaming it in 4k when you know that:

1. Vast majority of the people dont have a 4K TV, and/or:

2. Dont have a good internet connection to get a proper 4K video feed.

If you want to promote it on an universal platform like Youtube a get millions of views for free the only way around is not to stream it but upload the video in its max resolution and let the end user watches it at their own discretion.

And stream only the form factor part so everybody could have this info at the same time.

The technology is available, they could let ps4 owners download the whole think in full 4K and it is locked until the allowed time as an option - there are so many ways, 1080p30 is not one of them

Last edited:

Neo Blaster

Just my 2 cents.
Yesterday I began to think streaming is just not suitable for revealing games anymore. When I saw R&C, I saw no difference from the original game on PS4, but when I watched the 4k version later, the difference was staggering.

The technology is available, they could let ps4 owners download the whole think in full 4K and it is locked until the allowed time as an option - there are so many ways, 1080p30 is not one of them
I get what you say.

But then you would have a closed reveal show my dear friend, a very narrow one for only PS4 users with a 4K TV.

The point of youtube is that you pay nothing and get 20M of views in just 1 day.

Last edited:

Vae_Victis

Banned
Does anyone know what the next reveal events will be, and by whom? Jeff Grubb's calendar is a mess of riddles and half-jokes, and I have no idea what half of the entries even mean.

Prices are pretty spot on guesses, but with Disc SKU will not be at cost, it will make them money bc disc reader only adds around 20$ and BOM should be around 470 with that included.

So 450$ Digital Edition BOM at pretty much 50$ loss but Disc version will make 20$, and as you say Digital Edition recoups the loss with ONLY digital sales with exactly no resale possibility. THAT is smart and bounds better strategy than 4 & 12TF machines together to gimp your library...

I agree that $400 & $500 are good guesses for the PS5. I hope that the optical drive version also has 2x the SSD storage to sweeten the deal. Lockhart will probably come in at $300, while XSX may be $500.

With those prices, I do not see PlayStation losing market share.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I believe the problem with the stream was to do with low Bitrate transmission and not 1080P.
I would take solid 1080p 60 game over 4k 30 to play on 55” OLED.

But you don't need to go all the way down to 1080 for 60, you only need 1440@60fps. You can do 120fps if you go down to 1080.

I hope Sony listen to the postive feedback about performance mode for God of War and other games, it's good to satisfy all gamers. I would still play on CGI-30fps level if 60fps isn't there for native 4K.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom