• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZywyPL

Banned
OK, that's just ridiculous. AAAA shouldn't be a thing.

(although there's this)

The "A"'s stand for the budget, so imagine, and I know this is crazy, really crazy, but imagine IF the Coalition's project is huge and so ambitious, that it will cost...
qYan3Fd.jpg

nowhat

The "A"'s stand for the budget, so imagine, and I know this is crazy, really crazy, but imagine IF the Coalition's project is huge and so ambitious, that it will cost...
I liked the meme, but I still don't think it makes sense. "A" for indies. "AA" for mid-price titles (that can still have tremendous production values, see Hellblade and A Plague Tale: Innocence for example). And AAA for blockbuster titles with budgets to match it. So what if $COMPANY decides to make a game that costs $10Bn - do we need an AAAAA category? No. AAA is just fine.

Weird, it’s as if they’re saying they can upgrade their engine to have better physics, graphics, and Destruction while taking full advantage of the SSD with the new hardware. All the naysayers stating that this can’t be done for Halo Infinite can probably be quiet now.

Last edited:

ZywyPL

Banned

Fake

So come up with a cool name like Xbox Infinite or something. Its not rocket science.

Project Spartan = Microsoft Edge
Project Durango = Xbox One
Project Scorpio = Xbox One X

As you can see, while the codenames are usally good, their final names are not in the same level.

Microsoft never was good giving name to their products.I dunno if this will change at this point.

I mean, 'Xbox One SAD'... C'mon. Who thahell inside there could allow this to happen?

Last edited:
They should just call it Xbox 4. The simpler, the better.

They can't. That will make it sound like it's inferior to the PlayStation 5, due to 5 > 4.

No, I'm not joking.

This numbering quandary is literally the reason the Xbox 360 is called Xbox 360 and not Xbox 2. When Microsoft did market research for the name of the console, respondents said that would buy a PlayStation 3 instead of an Xbox 2 because 3 > 2. Also, the PS2 was already out and MS needed to name the console so that it sounded superior; they couldn't release the rather expensive Xbox 2 with PlayStation 2 on the market. People wouldn't buy it.

MS have since found themselves in an awkward position where they are always one number behind and have been naming their machines something else as a result.

Now, they COULD call it Xbox 5, since it would be the 5th machine they've released (Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Xbox One X), but I imagine people would wonder what happened to Xbox 4.

But you know what? I wouldn't be surprised if they just called it "Xbox", since it's rather fashionable these days to just reset and go back to step one (Modern Warfare, iPad, various movie reboots ...)

bitbydeath

They can't. That will make it sound like it's inferior to the PlayStation 5, due to 5 > 4.

No, I'm not joking.

This numbering quandary is literally the reason the Xbox 360 is called Xbox 360 and not Xbox 2. When Microsoft did market research for the name of the console, respondents said that would buy a PlayStation 3 instead of an Xbox 2 because 3 > 2. Also, the PS2 was already out and MS needed to name the console so that it sounded superior; they couldn't release the rather expensive Xbox 2 with PlayStation 2 on the market. People wouldn't buy it.

MS have since found themselves in an awkward position where they are always one number behind and have been naming their machines something else as a result.

Now, they COULD call it Xbox 5, since it would be the 5th machine they've released (Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Xbox One X), but I imagine people would wonder what happened to Xbox 4.

But you know what? I wouldn't be surprised if they just called it "Xbox", since it's rather fashionable these days to just reset and go back to step one (Modern Warfare, iPad, various movie reboots ...)

Xbox 6 if you include SAD.

Mr.XtremeGamer

Neo Member
You can almost hear the tears pooling up in his eyes
Cole's fanboyism for xbox is stronger than he wants people to believe, so much so that he'll go to great lengths to damage control for his favourite platform that you can tell he has a bias simply by just watching one of his videos. Final devkits would be out to developers by late q2 2020 to give them plenty of time to familiarise themselves with the new hardware on offer, hell devkits for both consoles might've already been out for quite a while and developers just wanted to mess with people's minds by saying thing X is in a less advanced state than object Y by Z margin, the typical stuff you hear about 18 months before a new generation rolls around. The thing to watch out for during that time period are fake pastebin posts and the rabid fanboys/corporate dickriders who can take things too far to prove something that hasn't yet been confirmed even though they won't get anything in return. I'm optimistic, but that doesn't stop me from being excited about what the future has in store, I'm just a little more suspicious around fanboy channels, especially JayTechTv, Coleeastwood and Dealer-gaming and let's not forget DreamCastGuy. There's many more out there but there's no point covering all of them as I'm sure people are very well acquainted to the content these bot channels are trying to push out.

TLZ

Banned
Xbox Y (Why?)
Xbax.

Xbox XY Alpha f****** males AAAHHHHHHH.

No, I'm not joking.

Eh? But then they called their 3rd console Xbox One. Lel. 4>1.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom