• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilms

Banned
from hong-kong

XRPvWkI.jpg

DaGwaphics

I too would like to join the Holy Cult of FUD!

There is an admission fee of $900 (no, I might need a couple extra controllers) $1,200, I collect these directly instead of the famous members you are familiar with. BTC only.

For this low one-time fee you'll have the privilege to view amazing theories like GPU in Power Brick , PS5 is a Powerful Console, and Kinect is the Future of Gaming at no additional fee.

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
Rumor: PS5 Will Switch To Your Second Controller When Your Battery Is Low

Sony Interactive Entertainment has filed a brand new patent for a “low battery switch over” system. PS5 has a rechargeable battery which, of course, drains over time. However, rather than waiting for it to charge or connecting a USB cable to play, you can immediately switch to your second controller.

The console will send a low battery warning to the player, also presenting the option to switch to the second controller, creating a smooth transition.

kloojSs.png

Ei27T37.png

Last edited:

GianEnemyCrab

Neo Member
Hey guys, I can shed some light on the mediamarkt preorder thing.

I live in the NL and actually made a preorder on the PS5, the deal is that if you pay 50 euros you get first inline for your preorder to be processed when Sony will announce them.

It still has a placeholder price (9999 euros) and I just checked now and the last time they updated the product page was on the 13th of August.

I guess they just made this promotion with preorder more visible now

Nowcry

I must apologize since I misunderstood the video that I put a few messages back.

Thank god it is not a sad day for the gamer. I withdraw what I said since I misunderstood what the video meant. I got confused and thought that Series S was the one that took 53 seconds which caused me a bit of shock and sadness about how I was going to stop the games.

However, finally, the one that took 53 seconds was the One X and Series S charged in 12 seconds.

Someone told me to rewatch the video. And at that moment I made the mistake again in my head.

Sorry for the FUD for my misunderstanding of the video.

A greeting.

Dodkrake

Banned
Hey guys, I can shed some light on the mediamarkt preorder thing.

I live in the NL and actually made a preorder on the PS5, the deal is that if you pay 50 euros you get first inline for your preorder to be processed when Sony will announce them.

It still has a placeholder price (9999 euros) and I just checked now and the last time they updated the product page was on the 13th of August.

I guess they just made this promotion with preorder more visible now

The metadata for the page shows a different update date.

Saudumm

Welp...

Xbox Series S Won’t Apply Xbox One X Enhancements, Microsoft Confirms

“Xbox Series S was designed to be the most affordable next generation console and play next generation games at 1440P at 60fps. To deliver the highest quality backwards compatible experience consistent with the developer’s original intent, the Xbox Series S runs the Xbox One S version of backward compatible games while applying improved texture filtering, higher and more consistent frame rates, faster load times and Auto HDR.”

Last edited:

Saudumm

I do not know. Somebody DM me this pic on Twitter.

Here's the description:
This is a Pre-Order Listing for the Upcoming new Playstation console PS5 / disk version

These are confirmed pre-orders for the disk console and will be shipped by overnight express upon release of the system.
PlayStation 5 Pre-order Disk Version PS5.
Condition is New. ANY questions or concerns please feel free to contact us.

We will guarantee to be delivered within 2 days of console release day.
Item will be shipped Priority shipping, insured, signature required.
All Sales are final however, refunds will be reissued if the console is not released this year.

Attention: Grid connection is European!
For an extra charge we can supply adapters for NEMA plugs.

Notification: This is a pre-order and is expected to release Holiday 2020 (November/December)

paBnJwn.png

Last edited:
A smaller GPU doesn't just mean you can turn down the resolution and you're good to go. A smaller GPU has lower geometry throughput, lower texture throughput. Depending on the render back end it could have a lower raster throughput.
Certainly, the reduced pixel pushing power can be compensated for by lowering the resolution, but you also need to reduce geometric complexity, lower quality textures etc.
It is a compromise, no two ways about it.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Bring on the leaks. Serves Sony right for leaving it late, even though I’m a massive Sony fan.

I am just a new tech junkie and that £450 Series X looks good for multi plats. But the main reason I prefer Sony is the 1st party titles, I hope they give us a date before the 22nd otherwise this could be the first generation I do multi systems. Decisions decisions.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
What's a good rig? Cause you'll need a 3070 to beat the consoles. Or more. $1000s on total build.

Most PC gamers don't have that.

$1000? Are you joking? $2000 if you cheap out on nearly everything, yet you need a threadripper with codes giving it something similar to PS5's i/o that matches 11-12x ZEN2 cores. PC gamers should only be focusing at beating XSX for now, and pay at least 4x the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom