• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vroadstar

Sony outright called out Bloomberg and said it's false and adding their response to the article, yet here you are still believing the FUD? hardly surprising coming from you though.

Bloomberg didn’t retract the story, but they did add Sony’s response. As Sony never officially announced a number, they can deny this all day long. Doesn’t make it false.

Last edited:

Vae_Victis

Banned
Why isn't anyone talking about how that new space game won't be supporting the Xbox Series S?

This is big news!
You mean Chorus?

It must surely be a mistake, wherever you are taking this from just forgot to update the list of supported consoles since the XSS reveal. It's a cross-gen game, so in any case it would be playable on the XSS via backwards compatibility.

FranXico

Bloomberg didn’t retract the story, but they did add Sony’s response. As Sony never officially announced a number, they can deny this all day long. Doesn’t make it false.
The number is private information. Sony choosing to not disclose anything doesn't prove what Bloomberg says is true.

By your logic:
If I repeatedly say MS is not selling any Xbox One X consoles, does it mean it's true? Neither NPD nor MS are showing numbers to prove I'm lying, so I'm not!

Last edited:

TLZ

Banned
Let's see AMD say that "PS5 uses the same RDNA2 that powers the 6000 series", then we can discuss your "point" and who missed it.
Lisa Su spreading FUD and acting like she knows insider info.

giphy.gif

Vroadstar

The number is private information. Sony choosing to not disclose anything doesn't prove what Bloomberg says is true.

By your logic:
If I repeatedly say MS is not selling any Xbox One X consoles, does it mean it's true? Neither NPD nor MS are showing numbers to prove I'm lying, so I'm not!

It's a lost cause, 7 years in the gutter and you start to believe and invent anything, such is the price.

GP is the best exclusive.

T

Three Jackdaws

Unconfirmed Member
He got the information from RedGamingTech. RGT confirmed it on twitter.
He’s been recycling RGT’s information/leaks as his own for a few months now, especially the PS5/RDNA 3 stuff. Even Matt Hargett called him out on this.

However, this “God of War sequel teaser” information seem’s to be his and honestly some of it sounds like bullshit, for example I don’t see the game being released in 2021, no way. But I could be wrong

RGT did mention that MLiD got the “possible spec bump” leaks from his as well, this was a few months ago however recently RGT stated the “spec” bump was not likely, however he did state that he heard from a few people there will be a big surprise in the PS5 hardware. Curious to see what that’ll be.

Just trying to play devil's advocate here, has Moore's Law got things right in the past? How spot on was he with the June 11th event reveals?
Good question, to my knowledge he made no predictions about the June 11th event or at the very least he didn’t leak anything, a lot of his information is suspect anyway, for example, he heard that there would be a Fable game teased at the Xbox game however he only mentioned this AFTER the Xbox event, how convenient. Maybe someone else can give a better answer. I don’t actually follow the dude that closely.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

Dat balance of bad news. Jeff Golem doing good work.

I really don't understand why everyone in the media hates the ps so much. You are consistently getting multiple goty contenders from them a year. It's like what more do you want. I swear Geoff is the only one who wants Sony to succeed.

I think Sony needs to cultivate relationships with the media a bit better. Yes it's sucking up to them but that's part of the business. It's like sports. You can be the best baseball player of all time but if you don't have the journos on your side, you are going to pay eventually.

They also need to up their engagement with fans. MS perhaps goes a bit too far but you need to hold events like psx again. You need to wine and dine the press, and you definitely need to prove to them that you have the better platform for games. I still can't believe i haven't read any articles on whether or not Lockhart would hold back games. I mean how could you write that article when MS has just sent you a Lockhart to play with.. It's brilliant.

I love how df said ms didn't respond to any of their questions. Well, why don't you call up the dozens of sources you have in dev studios and find out yourself. If MS is ghosting you because they know the answers are incriminating then you need to go to the source, but why would you when you have been given a gift. It's crazy to me the df sat on this for 6 months and didn't bother asking devs simple questions. 6 months.

Again, wine and dine these people and they will feel obligated to bat for you.

He’s been recycling RGT’s information/leaks as his own for a few months now, especially the PS5/RDNA 3 stuff. Even Matt Hargett called him out on this.

However, this “God of War sequel teaser” information seem’s to be his and honestly some of it sounds like bullshit, for example I don’t see the game being released in 2021, no way. But I could be wrong

RGT did mention that MLiD got the “possible spec bump” leaks from his as well, this was a few months ago however recently RGT stated the “spec” bump was not likely, however he did state that he heard from a few people there will be a big surprise in the PS5 hardware. Curious to see what that’ll be.

Good question, to my knowledge he made no predictions about the June 11th event or at the very least he didn’t leak anything, a lot of his information is suspect anyway, for example, he heard that there would be a Fable game teased at the Xbox game however he only mentioned this AFTER the Xbox event, how convenient. Maybe someone else can give a better answer. I don’t actually follow the dude that closely.
I don't really know about his PS5 predictions, but it seems he was right about the RTX I/O, at least according to this post. And I don't know what else he got right but I just wanted to mention this. We will know about his GOW claims in a few hours tho.

kyliethicc

I really don't understand why everyone in the media hates the ps so much. You are consistently getting multiple goty contenders from them a year. It's like what more do you want. I swear Geoff is the only one who wants Sony to succeed.

I think Sony needs to cultivate relationships with the media a bit better. Yes it's sucking up to them but that's part of the business. It's like sports. You can be the best baseball player of all time but if you don't have the journos on your side, you are going to pay eventually.

They also need to up their engagement with fans. MS perhaps goes a bit too far but you need to hold events like psx again. You need to wine and dine the press, and you definitely need to prove to them that you have the better platform for games. I still can't believe i haven't read any articles on whether or not Lockhart would hold back games. I mean how could you write that article when MS has just sent you a Lockhart to play with.. It's brilliant.

I love how df said ms didn't respond to any of their questions. Well, why don't you call up the dozens of sources you have in dev studios and find out yourself. If MS is ghosting you because they know the answers are incriminating then you need to go to the source, but why would you when you have been given a gift. It's crazy to me the df sat on this for 6 months and didn't bother asking devs simple questions. 6 months.

Nah. In the words of Robert Di Niro,

MiyHu2g.jpg

TLZ

Banned

Because they're always competing with a Western company I think.

sinnergy

What ? So now it’s hating on PS? Come on guys , hating is a general thing and with Covid it seems the media / internet is hating even more 🤣 just enjoy the ride and the show today.

Last edited:

U62Charlie

Neo Member

just about to go to bed and wish I could just sleep until right before the event... not excited about working 4 hrs before it starts.

also... I hope there still is a big secret Sony has yet to let loose, very curious what it could be.

Last edited:
Reactions: BGs

Gam3rdude

I don't really know about his PS5 predictions, but it seems he was right about the RTX I/O, at least according to this post. And I don't know what else he got right but I just wanted to mention this. We will know about his GOW claims in a few hours tho.

MLID also said that one of his sources told him “whatever PS exclusive you could think of, is in development.” How I want this to be true ! Socom & Syphon Filter please.

Last edited:

vpance

There is nothing wrong with what Sony is doing. All these journalists/media people are leftists and leftists just believe in bad ideas, ignore facts and are biased in general.

xacto

But does Sony really need to do that? They seem to do better for themselves without paying these shills.

Buying goodwill from these "journalists" is Xbox territory, you will not really see Sony stoop to that level.

The media and the Anti-Sony brigade can choke on a dick for all I care.

There's a reason why the PS4 sold over 100 million units and thats because the market spoke, despite the claims those lames tried to make over the years out of deeply rooted xenophobia towards the Japs.

geordiemp

Its always USA media,.....funny that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom