• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Two screenshots from the PS blog under PS5 section, could be PS5 screenshots:

(Gotham Knights)

50301776653_384c7ec58a_o.png

50301776993_e38ffde802_o.png

Smells cross-gen though.

Last edited:

geordiemp

your gif was posted in b3d, and the answers it got were (exact quotes)

I mean, even the bolded letters were exact quoted, bold.
Now look back to what I wrote here, on GAF.
You will see similarities, and way before these comments above.
so much for your 1,x second loads :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Once again FUNNY thing is that I don't see you over there cursing at the people who wrote the above things I quoted. But ...you do this here.
Now why is that?

Finally, when you have someone on ignore, you don't get notifications when he mentions you or quotes you. this is common knowledge also.
but every now and then I press "show ignored" in order to understand what someone that I read and am interested about his opinions comments.
and thats how I find out how you keep trying to slander me / curse me

And that's enough, as you already wasted more of my time than you deserve.

Oh shit, he is back on transition loading

Maybe talk about XSX and its amazing graphics and power for a change, show us that power

6r4RriR.jpg

gojira96

I really don't understand why everyone in the media hates the ps so much. You are consistently getting multiple goty contenders from them a year. It's like what more do you want. I swear Geoff is the only one who wants Sony to succeed.

I think Sony needs to cultivate relationships with the media a bit better. Yes it's sucking up to them but that's part of the business. It's like sports. You can be the best baseball player of all time but if you don't have the journos on your side, you are going to pay eventually.

They also need to up their engagement with fans. MS perhaps goes a bit too far but you need to hold events like psx again. You need to wine and dine the press, and you definitely need to prove to them that you have the better platform for games. I still can't believe i haven't read any articles on whether or not Lockhart would hold back games. I mean how could you write that article when MS has just sent you a Lockhart to play with.. It's brilliant.

I love how df said ms didn't respond to any of their questions. Well, why don't you call up the dozens of sources you have in dev studios and find out yourself. If MS is ghosting you because they know the answers are incriminating then you need to go to the source, but why would you when you have been given a gift. It's crazy to me the df sat on this for 6 months and didn't bother asking devs simple questions. 6 months.

Again, wine and dine these people and they will feel obligated to bat for you.

Great points SlimySnake SlimySnake !

Personally, I'm in favor of PlayStation (and Sony as a whole) to maintain their position regarding the relationship with the media.

Journalists - and this has been clearer than ever before - use whatever influence they have to bully and force companies (from conglomerates to small family businesses) to bend the knee and do their bidding.

This is getting to absurd levels, and while one might argue "slippery slope!" bare in mind, Kotaku, Bloomberg and others got influential in the business like this, measuring their strength with little hit pieces, and over time consolidating.
This is what Sarkesian does with devs, for example.

Sony, being a Japanese Company, has every right and even a certain obligation, to keep their philosophy and work ethics. This isn't to say absurdities like what happened to Kojima while developing MGV is to be tolerated and kept hidden from the public!
But going as far as losing their identity as a Japanese corporation to pander to Western Journos (this seems to be a common demand among them) might not pan out. This is something people argued over when PlayStation changed their HQ to California, and more recently with Sony USA's social media response to ongoing protests and riots in America.

While this does extend beyond gaming, I'm sorry if it came out as political, I just wanted to address this point in regards to the related media.

Last edited:

Tripolygon

Banned
your gif was posted in b3d, and the answers it got were (exact quotes)

I mean, even the bolded letters were exact quoted, bold.
Now look back to what I wrote here, on GAF.
You will see similarities, and way before these comments above.
so much for your 1,x second loads :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Once again FUNNY thing is that I don't see you over there cursing at the people who wrote the above things I quoted. But ...you do this here.
Now why is that?

And that's enough, as you already wasted more of my time than you deserve.
You are really really dumb. You realize I pointed out some of those duplicate frames in that gif right? The person you quoted was agreeing that the loading last no more than 2 seconds.

Chris1515 said:
The longest loading is 1.6 second, the fastest is 1 second. Maybe a three frames latency?

As for why i call you dumb, it is because of the way you address people. I have seen you call people all kinds of names and just recently low IQ. You keep moving goal posts. I have showed you that literally the same discussion we have here is the same discussion going on over there and all you can do it move goal post to something else.

Last edited:
So, I'm ignoring geordie's quote. receipts are there, for anybody caring to see the truth.
In fact I will be ignoring all other people that quote me for today, especially when the posts are meaningless/attacks.

Now,
I want to say to all playstation-only fans that I wish this show to be as great as you want it to be, and more.

Something about this just rubs me the right way.
its fake. maybe its that?

It indeed looks good, but the rain looks like fucking arrows. :lollipop_tears_of_joy: Overall, it looks good for a cross-gen.
nah, rain is one of those effects that you need to see in motion to judge.

Last edited:

webber

Found the old hype train from March. Look how young we were.
So many hopes and rumors, so many bans and trolls, and thousands of pages of arguing.
Rest In Peace, those who have fallen along the way.
Today we shall finally have our day of joyous celebrations.

v5BzITv.jpg

Full speed ahead!

Vss7te6.jpg
There I'm with the Ellie avatar above deadpool.
Let's go!

sircaw

Banned
You are really really dumb. You realize I pointed out some of those duplicate frames in that gif right? The person you quoted was agreeing that the loading last no more than 2 seconds.

Come on guys be friends for tonight, its a great night for all lovers of games.
Lets put difference aside for the night and just enjoy the show.

Tomorrow you guys can rip chunks out of each other but for tonight lets Kumbaya for the greater good.

"lollipop_disappointed:

Tomorrow you guys can rip chunks out of each other but for tonight lets Kumbaya for the greater good.

"lollipop_disappointed:

After the gif was posted there (to support the quick x second load claim), you got only these two posts that I quoted above and that was it. case closed. finito.
they moved on to how reflections were at a lower resolution.

its funny how a person tries to take an entire forum for stupid.

Meh, real orgasms, fake ones.. they happen. ;)
Come on.. we're all getting a laugh at this one.
yeah, my mistake, I missed your "rubs me" joke and thought you were serious :]

Last edited:
This is the problem, try to spread a little love and tenderness and these are the kind of things i get shoved back in my face.

Great song, and had a crush on the blonde lady in that group.

Well, you see fishy, these are my type of love songs:

Edit: note how they released it on Valentine's day. The sweet, sweet chaps.

Last edited:

Tripolygon

Banned

"lollipop_disappointed:

I appreciate your post but the only difference i have with TheGreatWhiteShark TheGreatWhiteShark is his penchant for bullshitory It just frustrates me seeing uninformed posts from him masquerading as informed. For a long time i did try to ignore but not anymore. So long as he keeps posting nonsense I will continue to rebut.

sircaw

Banned
After the gif was posted there (to support the quick x second load claim), you got only these two posts that I quoted above and that was it. case closed. finito.
they moved on to how reflections were at a lower resolution.

its funny how a person tries to take an entire forum for stupid.

yeah, my mistake, I missed your "rubs me" joke and thought you were serious :]

i have not been following the dispute between you two, in fact, i don't even know what its really about.

All I care about is Tonight.

If I can make peace with Liverpool SKUM BAGs for the night, so can you.

Anything is possible.

sircaw

Banned
Well, you see fishy, these are my type of love songs:

Edit: note how they released it on Valentine's day. The sweet, sweet chaps.

When I was younger I used to like Sepultura, deicide etc. and of course some black sabbath, but from Dehumaniser onwards.

Most of my friends back then were into slayer, Pantera etc etc.

I did like Ministry a hell of a lot, that industrial sound really did it for me in my teenage years.

kyliethicc

i have not been following the dispute between you two, in fact, i don't even know what its really about.

All I care about is Tonight.

If I can make peace with Liverpool SKUM BAGs for the night, so can you.

Anything is possible.
It was easier for you because Liverpool won the league. And the Champions League. Greatness must be respected.

And as an olive branch... I'll say that Mason Greenwood looks like an incredible talent. I like watching him rocket shots in with both feet, just not against LFC.

sircaw

Banned
It was easier for you because Liverpool won the league. And the Champions League. Greatness must be respected.

And as an olive branch... I'll say that Mason Greenwood looks like an incredible talent. I like watching him rocket shots in with both feet, just not against LFC.

Agree, tbh i want martial out and greenwood in his spot but saying that maybe another season or two for development. I also want that galloping fucking prancing horse pogba gone, then i will be truly happy.

Dolomite

They don't seem to be too invested in getting Xbox gamers blockbuster exclusive titles. And I'll be playing Miles Morales and Cyberpunk among other exclusives.
Oh sweet .....congratulations?
I'm not personally impressed with most of what I've seen of the next gen. I'll still most likely day one the next gen, but don't have anything I NEED to play in the first year unless there's a few more surprises on the way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom