• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Furthermore, in order to continue to support the huge community of PlayStation®4 (PS4®) during the transition period of generations, we are working on the PS4 version of some SIE WWS titles in parallel. "Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales", "Libitz! "Big Adventure" and "Horizon Forbidden West" are made by taking advantage of the performance of PS5's ultra-high-speed SSD and DualSense wireless controller, but we are preparing to enjoy it on PS4, and the PS5 version will be released. At the same time, PS4 version will be released. If you purchase the PS4 version of these titles, you can upgrade to the PS5 version (with a disk drive) for free (* 3)."

From PS BLog JApan
I said long time ago, I don't trust Jim. The resignation spree at SIE and Shou demotion was for a good reason.
Trust me HFW will release on PC day one. That fucking VFX troll was right

My Opinion and Thoughts on the Show. First hitting $399.99 for PS5 DE was a megaton. I can see the PS5 DE selling better then the Xbox Series S by a long shot. The PS Plus collection a great deal. SpiderMan Miles, and Demon Soul looked great. I feel another Megaton was God of War Ragnarok!

I know it’s a big deal. I do like Final Fantasy, but I wasn’t impressed with FF16. Maybe more videos down the line with more gameplay will change my opinion. I also don’t know where I stand on Deathloop yet. Im on the fence with it.

Just my honest feedback.

saintjules

WUbOHC4.jpg

Last edited:

HAL-01

Hold on if MM and HFW are both cross gen that means the only actual next gen first party game we've seen is demon's souls, and we've yet to see what santa monica is cooking... Its only the beginning

saintjules

Also launching this November is a slate of new accessories:

• DualSense™ Wireless Controller (standalone) – US$69.99/¥6,980/€69.99 (RRP)
  • PULSE 3D™ wireless headset – with 3D audio support and dual noise-cancelling microphones US$99.99/¥9,980/€99.99 (RRP)
  • HD Camera – with dual 1080p lenses for gamers to broadcast themselves along with their epic gameplay moments US$59.99/¥5,980/€59.99 (RRP)
  • Media Remote – to navigate movies and streaming services with ease US$29.99/¥2,980/€29.99 (RRP)
  • DualSense™ Charging Station – to conveniently charge two DualSense Wireless Controllers US$29.99/¥2,980/€29.99 (RRP)

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
I got no excitement any more for these consoles. PS5 or Xbox.

It's obvious PC is where it's at now. Let Sony/MS fight with their console exclusives all they want...they are releasing their games on PC now.

We got Horizon. Demon's Souls is coming. Halo is coming. Forza too.

Zero reason for me to buy either console. Gonna get me an RTX 3000 card.

Oh shit, another mega-ton on that PS Blog.

Horizon:Forbidden West is cross-gen. I do remember reading rumors about development starting as a PS4 title first.

Who would have thought the we, ps fanboys, would be poisoned by scability as well.

Sony was doing MS work all this time. "IbelieveInGenerations" my ass now.

I am actually laughing to tears now. My nickname is dead😂

T

Three Jackdaws

Unconfirmed Member
And to think, on top of all this we've still got the reveal that GTA6 is exclusive too................................
A think Sony is still holding onto a lot. We didn't see any God of War footage/gameplay, if rumours are true about how good the graphics are they'll save it for later. Makes sense.

However I do think this showcase does raise a lot of questions, especially the cross-gen support for Horizon Forbidden West and Spiderman MM. How are the graphics/gameplay going to be scaled? because the footage for HFW shown in the June event would not run on a PS4 IMO.

Sony fanboys have always called having all games cross gen stupid and defeating the purpose of a new console generation.
Not "anti consumer".

It is indeed stupid. Hype has died down a little bit now and it seems both companies have gone insane.

Even God of War Ragnarok is cross-gen, right?

Not that we know of.

Last edited:

Vae_Victis

Banned
If it's like bluepoints past games, their own custom engine runs on top of the game logic of the OG game.
Demon's Souls was a janky mess on a technical level, like most stuff From Software releases, and it run on the antiquated version of a proprietary engine that would be a nightmare to work up from. Even simple basic character movement was janky and erratic, and definitely a lot less fluid than what they showed today. I don't know how much of that they could possibly extract from the source code that is serviceable, but I'd guess it's not much at all.

Andodalf

Banned
A think Sony is still holding onto a lot. We didn't see any God of War footage/gameplay, if rumours are true about how good the graphics are they'll save it for later. Makes sense.

However I do think this showcase does raise a lot of questions, especially the cross-gen support for Horizon Forbidden West and Spiderman MM. How are the graphics/gameplay going to be scaled? because the footage for HFW shown in the June event would not run on a PS4 IMO.

The Horizon Footage was not indicative of the real gameplay

pasterpl

PlayStation 5 Launch Day Games from SIE Worldwide Studios
  • Astro’s Playroom (Japan Studio) – pre-installed on PS5
  • Demon’s Souls (Bluepoint Games / Japan Studio) – US$69.99/¥7,900/€79.99 (RRP)
  • Destruction All Stars (Lucid Games / XDEV) – US$69.99/¥7,900/€79.99 (RRP)
  • Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales (Insomniac Games) – US$49.99/¥5,900/€59.99 (RRP)
  • Marvel’s Spider-Man: Mile Morales Ultimate Edition (Insomniac Games) – US$69.99/¥7,900/€79.99 (RRP)
  • Sackboy A Big Adventure (Sumo Digital / XDEV) – US$59.99/¥6,900/€69.99 (RRP)

added some info

• Demon’s Souls (Bluepoint Games / Japan Studio) – US$69.99/¥7,900/€79.99 (RRP) - also on pc
  • Destruction All Stars (Lucid Games / XDEV) – US$69.99/¥7,900/€79.99 (RRP) - cross gen (I think)
  • Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales (Insomniac Games) – US$49.99/¥5,900/€59.99 (RRP) - cross gen
  • Marvel’s Spider-Man: Mile Morales Ultimate Edition (Insomniac Games) – US$69.99/¥7,900/€79.99 (RRP) - cross gen
  • Sackboy A Big Adventure (Sumo Digital / XDEV) – US$59.99/¥6,900/€69.99 (RRP) - cross gen

Last edited:
Sony's new marketing team is in shambles. The talk of the town should be $399, $499. Instead it's about exclusives going to PS4 and PC (aka no need to upgrade) + $70 games. Not the right massaging when trying to sell 150 million consoles but hey... those are the geniuses they hired.

PC gaming looking nice in 2021/2022 once MS delivers on that nVidia I/O. I'll leave it that.

Larryfox

Doubt there saving god of war footage I just don’t think it’s ready to be shown

Andodalf

Banned
Not sure about that, Sony have been quiet blunt when it comes to showing real-time footage running on their systems, more than Microsoft. But I guess we'll have to wait and see.

After they showed Uncharted 4 as a 60 fps game I'll never give full trust. And they tried to say it might be 60 even after some 30 fps trailers came out too.

I got no excitement any more for these consoles. PS5 or Xbox.

It's obvious PC is where it's at now. Let Sony/MS fight with their console exclusives all they want...they are releasing their games on PC now.

We got Horizon. Demon's Souls is coming. Halo is coming. Forza too.

Zero reason for me to buy either console. Gonna get me an RTX 3000 card.
Sony just told people to open their browser, write newegg and buy fucking Nvidia GPUs 😂😂.

icerock

Who would have thought the we, ps fanboys, would be poisoned by scability as well.

Sony was doing MS work all this time. "IbelieveInGenerations" my ass now.

I am actually laughing to tears now. My nickname is dead😂

I've learned to take everything, even from official channels with a massive grain of salt. Sony were doing classic PR of "believe in generations" because they knew what MS play was. Meanwhile, two of their biggest IPs were cross-gen all along. And now, they sneakily put that in the blog. I mean I get it, ~120m PS4s are a lot of sales to give away. But, where do you cut the cord?

At the very least, we get 2 launch/launch window titles which is PS5 only in form of Demons Souls and Ratchet & Clank. Hopefully, God of War II is PS5 only. They didn't mention that game on that blog, but given their marketing and communication, I wouldn't be too sure until I see actual footage of that game.

Any body remember when Sony Fanboys said that XBox having games be cross gen was "Anti Consumer"?

care to comment?

all games have to work on last gen (first party) for few years != few games get ps4+5 versions

but still I dont like it either, but if it is just few games, I dont mind + I dont care about spandex pete and horizon woman.

Good for business, bad for HC gamers.

NEbeast

I'm kinda shocked to see HFW and MM are coming to ps5, I can understand the reasoning though. Santa Monica and insomniac are not 343, I'm sure they will make the ps5 version pop.

Andodalf

Banned
So Spider-Man is getting a "Remaster" which is 20$ more on top of MM. Will this be available standalone? If you already own Spider-man do you need to pay that 20$? would suck if so compared to MS updating some Big games for free.

Nevaeh

added some info

• Demon’s Souls (Bluepoint Games / Japan Studio) – US$69.99/¥7,900/€79.99 (RRP) - also on pc
  • Destruction All Stars (Lucid Games / XDEV) – US$69.99/¥7,900/€79.99 (RRP) - cross gen (I think)
  • Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales (Insomniac Games) – US$49.99/¥5,900/€59.99 (RRP) - cross gen
  • Marvel’s Spider-Man: Mile Morales Ultimate Edition (Insomniac Games) – US$69.99/¥7,900/€79.99 (RRP) - cross gen
  • Sackboy A Big Adventure (Sumo Digital / XDEV) – US$59.99/¥6,900/€69.99 (RRP) - cross gen
I mean on top of the increased prices
we still believe in generations tho

generations my fucking ass

Last edited:

Vae_Victis

Banned
And likely on PC too..... And Xbox later just like Demon's Souls
Demon's Souls is most likely coming out on PS4 at a later date, not on Xbox.

Sony releasing first party games on Xbox is so retarded and counter productive I refuse to believe they would ever go with that. It doesn't make them money from people who won't buy a console to begin with (PC), and it cuts out sales of their console (which means less revenue from licences on all gaming purchases).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom