• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
Am I the only person that has a game collection that consists of mostly 3rd party games?

That’s personally why I favor the most powerful hardware.
mines about half and half but I sell back most games on eBay so probably third party overall. Unless there's like a generational difference though id rather have whole games than a few more pixels

DrDamn

Some so called insiders were saying PS5 will have dedicated audio chip and Xbox won't. Fake News being exposed.

Which insiders were saying that?

To be fair no developer will know about audio chips . We know about ps5 audio chip cause Sony talked about it and not leaks . WhenMS talks about xsx they will talk about that as well

Why wouldn't Devs know about it? The capabilities would be documented so they can use it wouldn't they?

Why do people think that Microsoft would fully reveal the XSX specs before E3? That would be silly. They might as well save the biggest hype for that expensive venue and presentation that they’ve already booked.

The biggest hype should be the games which demonstrate the hardware. I'd expect them to get most of the hardware info out before E3, then concentrate on games at E3.

saintjules

Interesting results. So People will buy if the price is right despite whether or not there's exclusive content. I guess you could say that current and previous generations have given great games and it's to be expected. But if the price isn't right, you won't go for it.

These Consoles will be sold out day one, so it really depends on who these Consumers are. Possibly later adopters.

Last edited:

Reindeer

I believe the 3D audio chip mentioned by Sony is a completely different beast, though. To me it sounds like a ray traced audio solution for lifelike reflections and effects (think of caves for adventure games and footsteps for shooters). So a very different audio chip then the "3D" audio chips that handle Atmos or other formats.
Naaaah. The article clearly mentions that Xbox will have spatial audio which means 3D audio.

saintjules

Hmm...

"It's very difficult to really discuss this timing-wise," continued Totoki, "but as of today, we will provide the guidance at a time period which is comparable to the past. So we will not change the time schedule."

While he's speaking in heavy legalese, Totoki appears to be suggesting that PS5 reveal timeline will follow the same beats as that of the PS4's debut, which - if taken at face value - still leaves a chance for that rumoured PS5 February reveal event to take place, even if it's just in the form of a State of Play livestream.

If it's to be believed it will be this month, then for sure an online reveal would be what they'd do. Not enough time to properly invite People to a live event. I mean I guess we'll see?

Zero909

Banned
you are few days late on this lol this was inside the bloomberg article
yeah i know but check the news on the site "And according to Bloomberg sources Sony needs to focus their limited DRAM resources for the new PS5 production. I am not sure the “mirrorless camera” mentioned by Bloomberg is actually the A7IV or A7sIII. Back in December registered a new RX camera model code and this model has still not be announced which is somewhat odd. So maybe that’s the model that got delayed? "
basically PS5 is their top priority to get as many units as possible for holiday 2020

Last edited:
yeah i know but check the news on the site "And according to Bloomberg sources Sony needs to focus their limited DRAM resources for the new PS5 production. I am not sure the “mirrorless camera” mentioned by Bloomberg is actually the A7IV or A7sIII. Back in December registered a new RX camera model code and this model has still not be announced which is somewhat odd. So maybe that’s the model that got delayed? "
basically PS5 is their top priority to get as many units as possible for holiday 2020
yea sony is prioritizing PS5 over their product that need NAND and DRAM.

Gamernyc78

Banned
Interesting wonder what was the excuse or reason when ps3 launched for hundreds more, percievably worst network and inferior multiplats and still outsold Xbox 360 on release almost every month of its lifetime world wide🤔 I mean we don't need to assume or Poll there is history on this and a case study.

OH wait! Tht mindshare is strong with Sony and those ppl indeed wanted those exclusives bcus it sure wasnt for inferior multiplats and what ppl at the time thought was an inferior online system.

Last edited:

Dolodolo

I'm sure that he probably knows some of the characteristics of the new consoles, although I was already not sure about this, because I think the new xbox will be more powerful. True, Osiris has already changed the rhetoric, but no matter
Sit here and pretend that you know something about the game Housemarque, or for example about Wild, which is now much more ambitious than then
Of course, Microsoft will have some surprises that are temporary exclusive. But, there won't be Resident Evil, there won't be anything from Konami. There will be nothing that will blow your head off and force you to buy an xbox
Sorry if I solve your hopes
Of course, this is all my assumptions
But at least I don't sit and pretend that I know the launch line of both consoles, and I can't even name the name of AT least one game)

TBiddy

Interesting wonder what was the excuse or reason when ps3 launched for hundreds more, percievably worst network and inferior multiplats and still outsold Xbox 360 on release almost every month of its lifetime world wide🤔 I mean we don't need to assume or Pol there is history on this and a case study.

OH wait! Tht mindshare is strong with Sony and those ppl indeed wanted those exclusives bcus it sure wasnt for inferior multiplats and what ppl at the time thought was an inferior online system.

Just goes to show that consumers think with their hearts, not their brains.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
I'm sure that he probably knows some of the characteristics of the new consoles, although I was already not sure about this, because I think the new xbox will be more powerful. True, Osiris has already changed the rhetoric, but no matter
Sit here and pretend that you know something about the game Housemarque, or for example about Wild, which is now much more ambitious than then
Of course, Microsoft will have some surprises that are temporary exclusive. But, there won't be Resident Evil, there won't be anything from Konami. There will be nothing that will blow your head off and force you to buy an xbox
Sorry if I solve your hopes
Of course, this is all my assumptions
But at least I don't sit and pretend that I know the launch line of both consoles, and I can't even name the name of AT least one game)
Osiris knew back in early November 2018 that the PS5 reveal was soon. :D Then disappeared for half a year. Tells you all you need to know.

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
Interesting wonder what was the excuse or reason when ps3 launched for hundreds more, percievably worst network and inferior multiplats and still outsold Xbox 360 on release almost every month of its lifetime world wide🤔 I mean we don't need to assume or Pol there is history on this and a case study.

Didn't the sales only start going well when they lowered the price to something more acceptable?

quest

Not Banned from OT
Just goes to show that consumers think with their hearts, not their brains.
It was split Sony won main land EU and the east and MS won NA and UK. It was no clear cut win for Sony considering how they had dominated the previous generation. Winning by a few million after winning by 10x is a loss.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Didn't the sales only start going well when they lowered the price to something more acceptable?
In non sony land yep how we forget about the sub 100k npd gifs. Just because sony land ate the price does not mean sane places did.

Last edited:

Fake

Nothing to do with Nintendo, it was about next gen consoles. Also Nintendo audience is very different and Switch's appeal is not the same as that of traditional home consoles.
Wait a sec, you're saying to me Nintendo never do a next gen console? And before the 'traditional console', Nintendo never did home consoles?
Or you're saying if the guy who created that poll put the word 'Nintendo', the results should be different?

Last edited:

Reindeer

Wait a sec, you're saying to me Nintendo never do a next gen console?
Or you're saying if the guy who created that poll put the word 'Nintendo', the results should be different?
Well, he obviously wasn't talking about Nintendo since they're not coming up with next gen consoles. I'm not even sure why you brought them up.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Wait a sec, you're saying to me Nintendo never do a next gen console?
Considering they don't have a current generation console I doubt it they are all in on hand helds and mobile gaming. They will do a new handle held one day but console nope they quit that market.

On Demand

Banned
Osiris knew back in early November 2018 that the PS5 reveal was soon. :D Then disappeared for half a year. Tells you all you need to know.

Few months later

Fake

Well, he obviously wasn't talking about Nintendo since they're not coming up with next gen consoles. I'm not even sure why you brought them up.
Thats 'why' that poll is stupid dude. How do you know 'next gen console' people are the one who voted in that poll? Is just like saying 'everyone posting in this thread will definitely buy a next gen'.

Gamernyc78

Banned

Nope! It sold better (everything does when prices are lowered) but from month one through its entire lifetime PS3 sold better than Xbox 360 worldwide monthly the only times it didnt was generally during november/Dec when Microsoft aggressively discounted Xbox 360 and would give you a house, horse and a stable to go with it. Tht high price didn't stop ppl outside of the US from choosing it over Xbox.

Reindeer

Thats 'why' that poll is stupid dude. How do you know 'next gen console' people are the one who voted in that poll? Is just like saying 'everyone posting in this thread will definitely buy a next gen'.
Why you getting worked up about it? The guy did a poll which he's allowed to do, if people don't like it then that's their problem.

Last edited:

Sinthor

Gold Member
Hellblade was a decent AA game, especially consodering how small the studio was.

Yes, I actually really enjoyed Hellblade. Liked the story a lot too. I'm actually disappointed I won't be able to play the sequel as I'm at least not PLANNING on getting the new Xbox this generation. That was a good pickup for MS in my opinion. Maybe not the 'guaranteed system seller' type of game but definitely some value and intriguing projects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom