• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the game that you were hinting that's been shown off already that everyone thought would be multiplat is now Xbox Exclusive Dying Light 2? So MS bought Techland for sure?
Techland is a public trading company so if Dying Light 2 is now a Xbox exclusive. They would be obligated to say that MS has brought them. I would say if MS has brought some game developers then they are private like People Can Fly otherwise we would have heard about it by now.

Ar¢tos

I have tough time believing they will announce price in PS meeting and for preorders to go up you need a price I think
No, you don't pay in full for the pre-order. They will just use placeholder prices and charge a tiny fee. I paid 5€ to pre-order the ps4 before the price and date was announced (they treated it like a game pre-order here).

Tulipanzo

Thing is, SoP has clearly only been used to announce small/medium games.

If they were thinking of using it for PS5, they clearly would have used it rather than the Wired articles, or at least to announce the Back Button attachment.

whoever81

Pastebin daily fix! Sorry if these have been posted before.
VsQrUWa.png

pd58DV9.png

Last edited:

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
You know I’ve been saying for years we
Should get a mic in the controllers. I used to want one for the Xbox for Kinect commands, it just makes sense. Except for battery drain, of course, but then if you stick a head set in it’s not different.

DrDamn

I can't imagine anything in pastebin being genuine.

That PS Home rumour linked in with something Year of the Fox tweeted about last week. Thought it was the usual hyperbole but maybe there is something there ...

A new social space linked across console, phones and PC plus supporting VR. Was never a fan of PS Home, thought the resources could have been better spent elsewhere. I'm not convinced it would work better today. Maybe if it was extended to a game space as well - think Roblox or where Minecraft is now with mini-games. My kids love that stuff.

TBiddy

Seems odd, to be honest. What possible use could you have for a console "throughout the day", outside of playing?

Perhaps Sony will add an HDMI-IN and a TV-Guide. And bundle PSVR with the PS5. And launch at 100$ more.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

It’d be great if Sony were able to reduce the cost of VR by putting the expensive innards of the unit in the PS5 itself so people could easily buy multiple VR headsets.

ZywyPL

Banned
That PS Home rumour linked in with something Year of the Fox tweeted about last week. Thought it was the usual hyperbole but maybe there is something there ...

A new social space linked across console, phones and PC plus supporting VR. Was never a fan of PS Home, thought the resources could have been better spent elsewhere. I'm not convinced it would work better today. Maybe if it was extended to a game space as well - think Roblox or where Minecraft is now with mini-games. My kids love that stuff.

LMFAO, the hype YotF is trying to generate for PSVS is hilarious. I personally barely use the likes of FB, IG etc. nowadays, as I've realized they have nothing to do with actual socializing, quite the opposite, and this PSVR thing, if true of course, will potentialy elevate that to another level, where people will literally isolate themselves from the actual real world. I might be wrong, but the good 'ol voice chat with your actual real friends with a beer or two during CoD/BF/Fifa/Tekken etc. sessions is way more than enough, or dare I say it's incomparably much better and more socializing experience than all the gimmicks with random people from the internet all those companies offer.

Last edited:
PlayStation 5/Xbox Series X Graphics and Shorter Loading Times Are the Most Important Features for Next-Gen, According to ISFE Survey
ARDWAREGAMINGMOBILEMORE ▾
PlayStation 5/Xbox Series X Graphics and Shorter Loading Times
GAMING
PlayStation 5/Xbox Series X Graphics and Shorter Loading Times Are the Most Important Features for Next-Gen, According to ISFE Survey
By Aernout van de Velde / 9 mins ago

Faster loading times and better visuals are the most demanded features for the next-generation consoles, which include both the Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5, according to a recent consumer survey.

Gamesindustry.biz contributed a set of questions to the Interactive Software Federation of Europe (ISFE) and Ipsos MORI's GameTrack consumer survey regarding the features for the next console cycle. The survey was conducted among 8,000 gamers aged 11 to 64 across Germany, Spain, Italy, France and the UK.
Wccftech
HARDWAREGAMINGMOBILEMORE ▾
PlayStation 5/Xbox Series X Graphics and Shorter Loading Times
GAMING
By Aernout van de Velde / 9 mins ago

Faster loading times and better visuals are the most demanded features for the next-generation consoles, which include both the Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5, according to a recent consumer survey.

Gamesindustry.biz contributed a set of questions to the Interactive Software Federation of Europe (ISFE) and Ipsos MORI's GameTrack consumer survey regarding the features for the next console cycle. The survey was conducted among 8,000 gamers aged 11 to 64 across Germany, Spain, Italy, France and the UK.

OnePlus 6 and 6T Get a Host of Bug Fixes via OxygenOS 10.3.1

Among the surveyed console gamers, 78% consider that “better graphics” is an important factor for the next-gen consoles, which include Sony’s upcoming PS5 and Xbox Series X. Another important feature appears to be shorter loading times – 71% of the console gamers agreed that "shorter load times” is important to them.

Interestingly, while both Sony and Microsoft have announced 8K resolution support, this particular feature doesn’t seem to be as important to the surveyed console gamers as only 49% found this feature less important than other features such as backwards compatibility, motion controls and the ability to play physical games.
According to the survey, backwards compatibility with previous consoles was important to 59% of the console gamers, while 57% of those agreed that motion controls is an important feature as well. 58% of the console crowd found the ability to play physical games important.

“As for gamers' lowest priority features, "virtual reality compatibility" and "handheld mode available" were most commonly deemed less important”, GamesIndustry writes. “VR was important to 37% of all surveyed gamers, with handheld mode slightly higher at 38%. When looking specifically at the console gamer crowd, VR was important to 43%, while handheld mode ticked up to 45%.”

For more information about Gametrack, please visit the official website right here.
We do know that both Sony and Microsoft are aiming for faster loading times through next-gen SSDs. How fast these drives will perform inside the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X remains to be seen.

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member

Oh boy, are they going to create a PS Home that is also able to control a smart home? So basically another smarthome platform... At least that's what I read when he said, use it every day and not purely for gaming. Or maybe a new phone, with a dedicated OS that is more integrated with the PS5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom