• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

LED Guy?

Banned
Lmao he reversed it 🤦🤦
qnTc9lb.jpg
Yeah he’s lying, that’s a common trait found in mostly every Xbox fanboy. 🤣🤣

lynux3

You do realize that everything you mentioned is the same argument right. MS can use Azure to lower costs on console parts in some instances (via high-margin enterprise contracts). They already did this with the UHD BR drive in OX & OS. Xcloud will increase the size of initial purchase order in comparison to Xbone. These are the only points I've made, more fact than opinion tbh. You moved to revenue, which required me pointing out the greater value in high-margin contracts. This isn't a war of words you'll win.

Moving on.
What war? This a joke. Now you're just trolling. Moving on indeed.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
It's gonna be bad for all insiders. I mean the roastings, the dogpiles and crow gatherings on the roof to come.

Better to ban yourself now before the truth comes out. Because it's going to be a true reckoning. People are going to take these guys to task for getting both sides rev'd up.

You’re not really wrong and that is why insiders won’t want to share here. It’s better to just remember who said what and save for future conversation if they try to act like certain insiders did. You know who I mean.....

That is.... unless we don’t want insiders here.

Kagey K

Banned
It's gonna be bad for all insiders. I mean the roastings, the dogpiles and crow gatherings on the roof to come.

Better to ban yourself now before the truth comes out. Because it's going to be a true reckoning. People are going to take these guys to task for getting both sides rev'd up.
The people that buy into all the “leaks” and other such crap have no one to blame but themselves. Instead they’ll get mad at the “leaker” instead of wondering why they were so gullible to begin with.

Last edited:

Niked

Care to explain what those problems are?
Also since when did a main character having a love interest constitute that narrative being a love story. Is John Wick a love story now?
How do you know what the focus of story is? Have you played it?
Is Ellie only allowed to have a father-daughter relationship with Joel and not allowed to have any other relationships - romantic or otherwise?
So she has a girlfriend. Who gives a fuck?
You are one easy triggered human. I would prefere that they focus on Joel and Ellie and not on a love story as what they so far focus all the marketing towards. Thats all. I guess you love safe spaces and trigger warnings.

saintjules

Lol, this. I think People might quickly search Klee's comments first. Still, I like to read all the comments to make time go by faster.

I think some people are forgetting, that if Sony's console is getting more expensive to build, likely means that Microsoft's console is getting more expensive to build.
It's not like they're both using wildly different technologies. They will both be using broadly similar components which are probably supplied by broadly the same manufacturers.

Heck of Microsofts console has an APU that is 100+ square millimetres larger than Sony's with more RAM on a wider memory bus, it's gonna get even more expensive to build.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force

Some insiders might stay quiet or even admit that they're wrong.

However, if guys like Tim Dog are wrong, they can't hide since they're all over Twitter and have podcast every week.

You are one easy triggered human. I would prefere that they focus on Joel and Ellie and not on a love story as what they so far focus all the marketing towards. Thats all. I guess you love safe spaces and trigger warnings.
Friend. I'm not triggered by anything. I'm just asking a question.
You're the one who brought this up, so if anyone seems triggered about their being a lesbian in a game (woe betide me, a girl wants to fuck another girl), it's you.

Ellie having a girlfriend, and perhaps wanting to avenge her, doesn't change her relationship towards Joel. It could probably be a vehicle for further developing their relationship, over both having lost loved ones.
Whether Ellie is a straight, lesbian or a bloody attack helicopter, doesn't really change much.

None of the insane violence I've seen in promotional material I've seen, really makes me think this is a lesbian love story.

Last edited:

Reindeer

People and reviews were shitting on days gone and death stranding.
I just listened to my instincts and i had a blast with both.
Here my spidy senses are telling me stay cautious.

Naughty dog is not what it used to be.
Tech wizards , the best in the industry but their latest games were all meh
Naughty Dog are definitely top of the game when it comes to visuals and set pieces, but Unchartered 4 had more holes in its story than Swiss cheese.

cragarmi

If we’re going to take the Bloomberg article as gospel.

“Most of the components for the console have been locked down, the people said, including the cooling system, which is unusually expensive at a few dollars per unit. Typically, companies would spend less than a dollar, but Sony opted to lavish more on making sure heat dissipation from the powerful chips housed inside the console isn’t an issue.“

Still stand by what I have and am being told. Both over 10 11.6 and 12.4. No one including the people I personally know have said anything to the contrary and even changing clock speeds won’t change this drastically.

edited to add: Both consoles are going to be very powerful. VERY, and MS is not fucking around when it comes to their games. At all.
I expected $499 anyway for both given their likely close specs, so this doesnt really change anything. Sony arent going to go above that. Given what we know about their dev kits we know cooling is going to be a priority too.

PocoJoe

Banned
The people that buy into all the “leaks” and other such crap have no one to blame but themselves. Instead they’ll get made at the “leaker” instead of wondering why they were so gullible to begin with.

Indeed. It is sad how some believe and defend these "tommy fishfingers" when they are so clearly trolls.

One cant blame others when they are stupid.

Same as woman is with an asshole of a man, someone warns her that he is certainly an asshole. And then after some time the truth is out, woman acts like she could not know.

One cant complain if one have been warned by more avare/smarter people.

DJ12

Insiders don’t deserve ridicule.

They deserve to be ignored, even if they are correct every once in a while.

Unless they are posting direct info with receipts, fuck em all.
I don't know I'm inclined to give them leeway about the Feb reveal. Corona probably put a stop to that happening. Sony won't want to be seen as insensitive when the world has a crisis on its hands. Especially when the console is likely to be put together in China.

Last edited:

Niked

Friend. I'm not triggered by anything. I'm just asking a question.
You're the one who brought this up, so if anyone seems triggered about their being a lesbian in a game (woe betide me, a girl wants to fuck another girl), it's you.

Ellie having a girlfriend, and perhaps wanting to avenge her, doesn't change her relationship towards Joel. It could probably be a vehicle for further developing their relationship even further, over both having lost loved ones.
Whether Ellie is a straight, lesbian or a bloody attack helicopter, doesn't really change much.
You miss the point as I brought up the main issue that is the lack of focus on the relationship between Joe and Ellie. But you get triggered about me also mentioning lesbian love story. Guess Its you that are the easy triggered human 😂
Cool, fuck whom ever you want as long as Its legal. I just highlight the obviouse elefant in the room that ND goes fully PC and want to make a statement. It is virtua signaling and catering to a small minority.
Anyway, I will buy it and it will probably be great. I will look forward to get all kind of PC showed down the throat by ND.

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

I think some people are forgetting, that if Sony's console is getting more expensive to build, likely means that Microsoft's console is getting more expensive to build.
It's not like they're both using wildly different technologies. They will both be using broadly similar components which are probably supplied by broadly the same manufacturers.

Heck of Microsofts console has an APU that is 100+ square millimetres larger than Sony's with more RAM on a wider memory bus, it's gonna get even more expensive to build.

Very true, we don't know if Sony is utilizing 300mm2 silicone or 500mm2. That's something that some of the MS fanboys don't give consideration to. MS showing their chip simply showed where they are at, it does not indicate anything in regards to PS5. I doubt one system will run the gamut over the other, I think blows will be traded back and forth in certain areas. At the end of the day, we'll see who made the smarter decisions in regards to balancing performance that you can see/feel vs. build cost.

HawarMiran

Banned
I expect sony to put a 14tf machine for 600$, it's the right call in a world of 1000+$ smatphones and 800$ gpus (high end)
But only with a subscription service. Most people dont buy the phones directly for that amount of money. They pay it off monthly

Last edited:

Jtibh

Banned
But only with a subscription service. Most people dont buy the phones directly for that amount of money. They pay it off monthly
I dont know man.
I didnt check but last time for the note 9 i would had to pay 500 bucks upfront on a 2 year plan.
And than another 70 per month.

IkarugaDE

Yeah, but you could also hook up a console on credit. He is right - this is not 2006 where no smartphone exists for the price of 1000$ plus. It was a time many people won't pay so much for a technical device outside of PC- or Notebook-hardware. But anyway, IMO 500$ will be the highest price we will see in this generation and I think it will be MS which hold that pricetag.

DeeDogg_

Banned

They’re just gonna double down so this whole “vetting” shit is pointless. Best option is to not believe anyone but reliable leakers such as Zhuge and Jschreiher

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
They’re just gonna double down so this whole “vetting” shit is pointless. Best option is to not believe anyone but reliable leakers such as Zhuge and Jschreiher

At this point I note what is said by insiders regardless of what I think, and believe only official word.

Anything which is obviously fake is obviously discounted immediately.

DaMonsta

I don't know I'm inclined to give them leeway about the Feb reveal. Corona probably put a stop to that happening. Sony won't want to be seen as insensitive when the world has a crisis on its hands. Especially when the console is likely to be put together in China.
Leeway is a slippery slope.

Their entire existence is based on vague, subject to change, second hand, rumors. “It” can always “change” that’s why they don’t give full quantifiable info.

Sure they might get it right from time to time, but IMO they aren’t worth the time/energy to find out if they are correct.

Mriverz

I repeat myself, but this guy isn't just a fanboy. The way he reacts today was a complete loss of reality. It don't want to blame him, it's pure honesty when I say he really should go offline and request professionel help.
His twitter page is better. Str8 delusional on what happened.

IkarugaDE

Tim is fine. I don't understand what people have against him. Who cares he roots for Xbox. There's PS guys that are in same boat and worse. Tim's friends with some people from Xbox. And a good guy. Seems to me people get a bit envious that execs talk to him if you ask me.
I don't know if you've read the few pages 12 hours ago. This isn't just a guy with a bad day. This was a pure escalation and arguments which should come from a 12 years old. I am absolutely no person who overreacts in any way. But this was absolutely worrying.

Anyway, he is gone and this was the best for him.

Last edited:

DaMonsta

Yeah tht definitely is weird and makes the brand look bad. Others corps don't acknowledge ppl like tht. Just goes to show the diff cultures in diff companies. And yes Microsoft by now knows Mistermediax x and ppl like Timdog are toxic Schills.
This is just you guys in your bubble.

They interact with fans on social media just like everyone else.

I’m sure Phill Spencer isn’t checking Timdogs crazy gaff posts to figure out if he should interact with him or not,

There’s bunches of PS fanboys on social media and I’m sure some official PlayStation people have interacted with them.

Don’t give any of them attention. We’ve got a half dozen pages of this nonsense based off those posts by Tim.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Tim is fine. I don't understand what people have against him. Who cares he roots for Xbox. There's PS guys that are in same boat and worse. Tim's friends with some people from Xbox. And a good guy. Seems to me people get a bit envious that execs talk to him if you ask me.
The way he was acting last night is what he's known for doing on twitter. I've seen it several times. When Feb 5th passed, he came back just to laugh at people in this thread. He did the same thing when the bloomberg article released.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
This is just you guys in your bubble.

They interact with fans on social media just like everyone else.

I’m sure Phill Spencer isn’t checking Timdogs crazy gaff posts to figure out if he should interact with him or not,

There’s bunches of PS fanboys on social media and I’m sure some official PlayStation people have interacted with them.

Don’t give any of them attention. We’ve got a half dozen pages of this nonsense based off those posts by Tim.

Phil Spencer follows Tim on twitter. So I'm sure he's aware of the stuff he posts on there.

Fun Fanboy

Banned
The way he was acting last night is what he's known for doing on twitter. I've seen it several times. When Feb 5th passed, he came back just to laugh at people in this thread. He did the same thing when the bloomberg article released.
Well, if he ends up being right, then that's something. He's just having fun it seems to me. Tim isn't the same Tim at start of gen. Have you seen some of the PS twitter guys? Puerto Rock? Some J Dub guy. And the rest of that crew? I also don't think it's a black eye to MS or Xbox for execs talking with Tim and some others. Seems like Tim talks and defends Xbox more than anything else. You should see those PS guys. They talk more about Xbox than playstation!

But I digress.

DaMonsta

Do you think demigod demigod isnt gonna come back to gloat if some of the things he says come true?

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
When I bought a phone recently I went with the Google pixel 4 because it basically offered what the more expensive iPhone pro did. iPhone also had a cheaper model for $100 less.

The relation this has to next gen is that Sony has to convince people that PS5 is comparable to series X rather than series S. If people feel like they're getting a deal then it won't matter if it's less powerful. They'll say "well the Sony is $100 cheaper and basically looks like that" rather than "but the Xbox is $100 cheaper why would I buy that?"

It'll make the marketing interesting and if the series S isn't available this year I think it'll effect the perception. It'll make X and PS5 seem like rivals rather than PS5 and series S

Cheaper does not always win and more powerful rarely wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom