• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mod of War

Ω
Staff Member
I was hired as one of the private dancers for a party at Mark Cerny's house. As I was scooping up the dollar bills from the floor, I noticed some sheets of paper under the desk.

I pulled them out and noticed it was a piece of mail sent to Mark. It was from his boss. It demanded that he increase the PS5 from 8TF to 14TF. So, it was 8TF at one point.

My g-string got caught on the handle of a drawer as I was getting up, and it opened in front of me. Inside the drawer was a PS5 prototype. It looked exactly like the new Xbox. It was a tower shape, but instead of just being a rectangle, it was in the shape of a 5.

Mark immediately yelled at me and demanded that I leave. I was in a state of disbelief and walked straight into a filing cabinet. It crashed to the ground and popped open. One of the sheets of paper flew out and I could make out some text on it. It said 799.99 US dollars.

Hi there, check your PMs.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Do people really think consoles will be in par with Nvidia's high end gpu's? Especially since PC's don't use TF metric to determine which GPU is stronger than the next one. So it's stupid to compare a 12TF console to a RTX 2080. The PC gpu will always win. This is really mind boggling to me.
by the time next gen consoles come out, nvidia gpus will be around 17-20 tflops. 12 tflops wont look high end.

the rtx 2070 and 2080 came out in summer of 2018. by the time the consoles come out, they wouldve been almost 2.5 years old. beating them in performance isnt really that big of an accomplishment.

by the time next gen consoles come out, nvidia gpus will be around 17-20 tflops. 12 tflops wont look high end.

the rtx 2070 and 2080 came out in summer of 2018. by the time the consoles come out, they wouldve been almost 2.5 years old. beating them in performance isnt really that big of an accomplishment.
I got over 14 TF and it means nothing in PC world. But there are so many console warriors who think, "PC needs to catch up with gpu and ssd". That shit is pure cringe

RookX22

You know what is cringe coming into a console speculation thread and wagging around your big 700$ gpu around like people dont know its powerful. We get it PC well be the strongest and bestest but it is also the most expensive. These next gen consoles are like a 500$ 308 rifle is it shit compared to a scar semi auto silenced 308 decked out nope but if you know how to use it it will get the GD job done.

You know what is cringe coming into a console speculation thread and wagging around your big 700$ gpu around like people dont know its powerful. We get it PC well be the strongest and bestest but it is also the most expensive. These next gen consoles are like a 500$ 308 rifle is it shit compared to a scar semi auto silenced 308 decked out nope but if you know how to use it it will get the GD job done.
What's cringe is when people think these consoles will best pc. They are different playing grounds, but shit, at least think logically for a change. They will never be in the same spectrum, at least no time soon. So no need to compare the two.

Tim is fine. I don't understand what people have against him. Who cares he roots for Xbox. There's PS guys that are in same boat and worse. Tim's friends with some people from Xbox. And a good guy. Seems to me people get a bit envious that execs talk to him if you ask me.
Um go back and read his stuff here. He's pretty horrible. I have never seen anyone act like that in here.

TLZ

Banned
I was hired as one of the private dancers for a party at Mark Cerny's house. As I was scooping up the dollar bills from the floor, I noticed some sheets of paper under the desk.

I pulled them out and noticed it was a piece of mail sent to Mark. It was from his boss. It demanded that he increase the PS5 from 8TF to 14TF. So, it was 8TF at one point.

My g-string got caught on the handle of a drawer as I was getting up, and it opened in front of me. Inside the drawer was a PS5 prototype. It looked exactly like the new Xbox. It was a tower shape, but instead of just being a rectangle, it was in the shape of a 5.

Mark immediately yelled at me and demanded that I leave. I was in a state of disbelief and walked straight into a filing cabinet. It crashed to the ground and popped open. One of the sheets of paper flew out and I could make out some text on it. It said 799.99 US dollars.

giphy.gif

MARTYWOLF

What's cringe is when people think these consoles will best pc. They are different playing grounds, but shit, at least think logically for a change. They will never be in the same spectrum, at least no time soon. So no need to compare the two.

According to steam what is the most used gpus currently

ruvikx

Banned
Pc>>> both consoles. If you think otherwise, you are stupid af

Unless of course some people still only use the GTX 10 series or even 900 series on their home PC, at which point next gen consoles > their PC. Someone who pretends PC is some sort of uniform "absolute power!" in all instances (without CPU & GPU variables across the world based on people's budget or willingness to upgrade) really would be stupid as f*ck.

A few of years ago the most used PC graphics card according to a steam survey was the GTX 1060: https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/20...-geforce-gtx-1060-most-popular-graphics-card/

I still "only" have a GTX 1080 in my own PC, ergo next gen Xbox & PS5 >>> my PC because guess what? They'll be more powerful.

So is Microsoft really going to release two fucking consoles at launch? They really think that's going to win?

It seems so. Even the name Xbox Series suggests there will be more than one. I think it is their way to beat Sony on price, since they are not going to attempt to with the Series X.

MS has shown this gen that they are done losing money on Xbox HW. They could have dropped the price to $399, even with Kinect, before launch to compete with the PS4. Instead they waited about 7 months to do so. This was shortly after Sony announced they had dropped the BOM enough to make a small profit on every PS4 sold. Guessing MS did likewise, at least to break even. And when the XBX launched one year after the Pro, they could have launched it at $399 to take on the Pro. But, they were not looking to lose money on the HW, so released it for $499.

Too many make the mistake of thinking MS's money = Xbox's money, but it does not. Gaming just isn't as big a focus to MS as it is to Sony. And even with their big push with buying studios this past year or two, they said it was to increase the draw of their GamerPass/xCloud offering, not to push Xbox HW. This is why every game has been coming to PC.

Lort

Banned
So is Microsoft really going to release two fucking consoles at launch? They really think that's going to win?

Sony would never sell two variants of the same console..

Just like apple wouldn’t sell two iPhones, or nvidia two graphics cards, or ford two cars.

The whole idea that some people want a cheap console and others want to pay more for higher res .. is ridiculous.

zerotol

Banned
This user was banned, but it has since been downgraded to a reply ban pending review. This user had two posts deleted from the thread and chose to embarass themselves with this outburst. Account is currently under review.
mod edit: After review, the original decision to remove this user permanently has been upheld. There is a difference between respectfully asking why two posts inciting console wars were deleted, and completely flaming out in the below fashion. Nor do we take kindly to posters trying to cry away repercussions by attempting to use rudimentary 13 year old reverse psychology. The actual post that was 'censored' was derailing the thread again around the timdog fiasco. When this was removed the poster decided to implicate Besada was roaming the halls and eventually culminated in the below embarassment.

Mod of war, do you think anyone gives a flying fuck about Neogaf in 2020? Pro tip, they don’t. Keep shining evilore’s shoes for free. And keep censoring stuff for petty reasons. Look where that got Gaf now. Heavy handed mods destroyed this forum and none of you learned anything from it.

HoldTheAir

Sony would never sell two variants of the same console..

Just like apple wouldn’t sell two iPhones, or nvidia two graphics cards, or ford two cars.

The whole idea that some people want a cheap console and others want to pay more for higher res .. is ridiculous.

Microsoft do what Sony don’t?
Sony released a 20GB version and a 60 GB version of the PS3 at the same time. The 20 GB didn't have WiFi or the media card reader. Granted it's still a variant of the same console. Xbox released the 360 in a Core version and Premium version. The core had no hard drive and a wired controller. The premium had a 20 GB hard drive and a wireless controller. I wouldn't put it past them to release 2 consoles this time around. If Lockhart is still relatively powerful and cheaper than the PS5, it will attract a lot of casual gamers.

Last edited:

DeeDogg_

Banned
I have nothing against evilore. Just the censoring and heavy handed moderation by overzealous mods.
I’ve personally haven’t experienced this here since this sites renaissance but I really hope that isn’t true. Tbh I’m not that active here. Will be after they finally unveil these consoles and their games. That’s what we need right now and everything will be ok 🙂

Mod of war, do you think anyone gives a flying fuck about Neogaf in 2020? Pro tip, they don’t. Keep shining evilore’s shoes for free. And keep censoring stuff for petty reasons. Look where that got Gaf now. Heavy handed mods destroyed this forum and none of you learned anything from it.
You call respect heavy handed. Without rule there is chaos. I hope they ban you for being disrespectful. It's not hard to have some class.

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
Pc>>> both consoles. If you think otherwise, you are stupid af

PC vs Consoles comparison can't be done because one machine can be changeable in parts the other is fixed for years .. so comparing PC to consoles thats mean you are stupid af too , while consoles is fixed still having the greatest line of games and PC community are eager to have some of them ..

Last edited:

ZywyPL

Banned
I love the narrative driven by the Bloomberg narrative and how everyone swallows it like a pelican - apparently. a decent cooling that does its job as it should have is considered as "expensive"... The article clearly says that manufacturers usually spend a dollar (or less) on the cooling solution, and we can all agree Sony cheaped out on PS4 cooling, hence the jet engine noise, and they apparently want to correct their mistakes by investing A WHOPPING few dollars on it this time around... Seriously, 2-4$ more on the fins and the fan is the least concern as far as the manufacturing costs go.

What I really like, if the article is true, is that as oppose to PS4 Pro Sony doesn't want to just fit within a certain price point, but to make an actually good, well-thought console, and see where it gets them in terms of the overall cost, basically it's the same way X1X was made.

Sussoloc

But to be fair, there's a lot of people that pretty much just afford and play used games, trading titles in to get more used games. Those people will not go to an all digital console as while the CONSOLE itself might be affordable, they can't afford more than a game or two a year. People who spend a lot of time posting on the internet often don't have that issue, but let me tell you, lots of people in the really, real world DO.

It's easy to sit back and say "just save some money FFS!" and talk like it's not hard, but life IS hard for the majority of the world. Life is hard for the majority of people on this planet. I don't see physical media going away just yet. Digital is NOT cheap enough. MAYBE, true 5G will help change that. Maybe.. Oh...and that's if it doesn't just give us all testicular cancer! Good times!

I know, that's why my oppinion is that the starting price is very important and many people go for the cheaper console.
( https://www.neogaf.com/threads/are-...rices-a-bit-ridiculous.1526244/post-256955493)

Digital is more expensive if you need your games day 1. If you can wait you often get them cheaper than physical copies. For example cdkeys is selling God of War and Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition for under 5 bucks.
But if you only buy your yearly FIFa/COD and so on it does not make a big difference since you want the game day 1 and you will keep it until the new part is released and at that time you don't get much for your old games.

I don't see physical media going away this gen too, but i think it may happen the gen after PS5/XSX.

Last edited:

Ar¢tos

Any credible insider hint at the PSM date yet?
June 14
Leave gamers and shareholders starving and desperate for information, let them see MS E3 and only reveal everything after that to steal the media attention.

(can you imagine the anger and chaos if they really do something like that? lol)

Rim

June 14
Leave gamers and shareholders starving and desperate for information, let them see MS E3 and only reveal everything after that to steal the media attention.

(can you imagine the anger and chaos if they really do something like that? lol)
Would be even better if Jim Ryan crashed MS conference to announce the PS5 was available right now.

And $100 cheaper than whatever the Serie X price was.

Rim

Admittedly, the date could have been planned for February and been postponed due to the corona virus outbreak, which caused cancellation of many other events.
It could be.
But who would realistic know what the actual date it is?

I doubt any random dev would know it, and the few that do know they are not going to break NDA to some random forum poster for internet clout.

Feb event predictions seem just educated guess.

If they ban him for that, it would be no different than what Reset does. Mod Winning are the most common bans there.
I get that but calling people stupid and disrespecting this place of good fun games is a bit much. I love this place and some people are just too much. There are other places to act like this and neogaf isn't that.

Rim

I get that but calling people stupid and disrespecting this place of good fun games is a bit much. I love this place and some people are just too much. There are other places to act like this and neogaf isn't that.
Is just better to ignore than bring more attention to it.
The guy is not happy the way the mod acted (tbh I have no idea what happened) if the mod is that sensitive that is going to give him a perma over that, than is not much better than Reset.

That place is the one that gives more severe bans for conplain about mods than for any other shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom