• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrDamn

I wouldn't have expected less than 25% and probably many on this thread would agree going by how highly they regard exclusives when it comes to console.

But if the box isn't affordable you can't buy it or it doesn't sell well enough to get long term support. So even those who love their exclusives should rate affordability above it as their number one important factor

DaGwaphics

Sony's deepest failure (PS3) is BETTER than Microsoft's highest peak of success (Xbox 360), FACTS.

winning-meme-gif-5.gif

Plenty of 3rd place finishers in the business world that are still quite successful. Just look at all of Sony's other divisions.

Fake

I'm giving a rough estimate of at least a quarter. Man, that poll really touched a nerve with you, didn't it?
Indeed. Please, don't let me stop you from talking about it.
Here:

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Banned
This is not going to happen. When Apple presents an iphone and sells it shortly after it is selling 1 product. End. When Sony introduces a new console by itself is useless, consoles need video games. And the companies are going to announce and show those video games, are we going to see the PS5 catalog without knowing the console? That is not happening.

Why do people CONSTANTLY compare video game consoles to iPhones?

OsirisBlack

Banned
I'm sure that he probably knows some of the characteristics of the new consoles, although I was already not sure about this, because I think the new xbox will be more powerful. True, Osiris has already changed the rhetoric, but no matter
Sit here and pretend that you know something about the game Housemarque, or for example about Wild, which is now much more ambitious than then
Of course, Microsoft will have some surprises that are temporary exclusive. But, there won't be Resident Evil, there won't be anything from Konami. There will be nothing that will blow your head off and force you to buy an xbox
Sorry if I solve your hopes
Of course, this is all my assumptions
But at least I don't sit and pretend that I know the launch line of both consoles, and I can't even name the name of AT least one game)
Battle Toads .... One game.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Plenty of 3rd place finishers in the business world that are still quite successful. Just look at all of Sony's other divisions.

Sony's is on top tier if not 1st in many division like image sensors, photo/video cameras, movies, sound tech.Not forgetting PlayStation indeed ;). Xperia phones are not doing great though. You know that all TV manufacturers use Sony reference monitors? And 51% of earth's cameras use Sony sensors.

Hardware doesn't bring too much money without big margins like Apple does, but it's sustainable. :messenger_beaming:

DaGwaphics

It seems clear to me that the two or three resident insiders (the bg guy is credible too right?) here have some quality information. I don't know why people attack them so much. Unless Spencer or Cerny are posting here themselves (I think they've got better things to do), you can't expect any one individual to know everything (especially when you are talking about two corporations).

Disco_

yeah i know but check the news on the site "And according to Bloomberg sources Sony needs to focus their limited DRAM resources for the new PS5 production. I am not sure the “mirrorless camera” mentioned by Bloomberg is actually the A7IV or A7sIII. Back in December registered a new RX camera model code and this model has still not be announced which is somewhat odd. So maybe that’s the model that got delayed? "
basically PS5 is their top priority to get as many units as possible for holiday 2020
I doubt cameras use gddr memory. It would likely using the same type as phones, lpddr3/4. That part of the bloomberg article, as it relates to ps5, made no sense. Phones don't compete in the same space as consoles when it comes to memory, cameras do. And it's probably not like sony can just tell samsung "hey, we needed this much lpddr but gddr6 is more important so move our productions to these different lines". Just as we've heard with TSMC, those are spoken for way ahead of time.

I wouldn't have expected less than 25% and probably many on this thread would agree going by how highly they regard exclusives when it comes to console.
Is MK an exclusive or a multi plat? If you follow boon and play MK, how high on your list would any exclusive fall?

RaptorFX

Neo Member
OsirisBlack OsirisBlack

When do you think will the Reveal happen of The PS5? Can you tell us if you have any idea about it or just dont know anything in regards of the reveal ?

If you know the date or something similiar can you at least tell us that you know smth?
Thanks 😁

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
It seems clear to me that the two or three resident insiders (the bg guy is credible too right?) here have some quality information. I don't know why people attack them so much. Unless Spencer or Cerny are posting here themselves (I think they've got better things to do), you can't expect any one individual to know everything (especially when you are talking about two corporations).
BGs is definitely legit. verified here and on era as: 3D-VFX Generalist and VR Developer at ADNPlay

OsirisBlack

Banned
But that's a current gen game. Cross gen, of course.
Notice the Gith riding the Dragon at the end of the trailer? Cross gen ish, really being made with top end Computers in mind. Should be graphically stunning on both XseX and PS5. The consoles being as powerful as they are is going to also be amazing for PC gamers. I have no idea why its always a dick swinging contest about boxes. Just buy everything and get a good gaming PC.

BGs is definitely legit. verified here and on era as: 3D-VFX Generalist and VR Developer at ADNPlay

Hes also a pretty cool guy very excited about what he and his team are doing.

Edited.

Last edited:

Racer!

Indeed. Please, don't let me stop you from talking about it.
Here:

Thats over 60% not price sensitive, a great result for a higher initial price.

Price can come down to really affordable after a year or two, and when it does it offers a better experience for all.

saintjules

Notice the Gith riding the Dragon at the end of the trailer? Cross gen ish, really being made with top end Computers in mind. Should be graphically stunning on both XseX and PS5. The consoles being as powerful as they are is going to also be amazing for PC gamers.

Man - if that is in any way how gameplay looks for next-gen, I'd be jaw dropped all day long every day.

Last edited:

OsirisBlack

Banned
OsirisBlack OsirisBlack

When do you think will the Reveal happen of The PS5? Can you tell us if you have any idea about it or just dont know anything in regards of the reveal ?

If you know the date or something similiar can you at least tell us that you know smth?
Thanks 😁

The three companies I directly talk to all have trailers cut. I did get an actual sit down with someone but cannot post about it until after their reveal. I have actual game play to post (of me playing) and to be completely transparent I am contacting a few major gaming sites to see if I can get the article and video posted professionally.

As far as the date for the reveal "Soony".

Man - if that is in any way how gameplay looks for next-gen, I'd be jaw dropped all day long every day.
Prepare to have your jaw dropped.

Edited to add: I am looking to have the article published to avoid the "Insider" conversation. I believe if its on a respected site and not just a forum people will finally just read the information without all the speculation or trepidation. Bars.

Last edited:

Gamernyc78

Banned
The three companies I directly talk to all have trailers cut. I did get an actual sit down with someone but cannot post about it until after their reveal. I have actual game play to post (of me playing) and to be completely transparent I am contacting a few major gaming sites to see if I can get the article and video posted professionally.

Edited to add: I am looking to have the article published to avoid the "Insider" conversation. I believe if its on a respected site and not just a forum people will finally just read the information without all the speculation or trepidation. Bars.

Fuck!!! You tease!!! But thnx for the info you are appreciated around here 🤓❤️

Good to see you've played games on these consoles and we will be blown away. Although with all tht power behind them we imagined so.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
It is a shame how they butchered that game for me. I loved so much the NES version. Since they are destroying my childhood with that horrible game, I will take this matter into my hand and create something better.
And yet, all they have to do is a simple filter on top of it and it looks really nice:

Last edited:
<snip>

Once its already revealed, its revealed and loses all "insider" controversy anyways LOL. Also, whatever gets revealed will have media already writing about it. Or are you saying something with this I'm missing?

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

this is actually a really good idea.

OsirisBlack

Banned
Once its already revealed, its revealed and loses all "insider" controversy anyways LOL. Also, whatever gets revealed will have media already writing about it. Or are you saying something with this I'm missing?

I have the first video and interview done I have permission to take it public the day of their reveal. Basically before everyone else gets to do anything with it. (No one else will have gameplay just the B roll.)

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I doubt cameras use gddr memory. It would likely using the same type as phones, lpddr3/4. That part of the bloomberg article, as it relates to ps5, made no sense. Phones don't compete in the same space as consoles when it comes to memory, cameras do. And it's probably not like sony can just tell samsung "hey, we needed this much lpddr but gddr6 is more important so move our productions to these different lines". Just as we've heard with TSMC, those are spoken for way ahead of time.

Is MK an exclusive or a multi plat? If you follow boon and play MK, how high on your list would any exclusive fall?

Although your tech knowledge is overwhelming to me, I just wanna say that I really like your posts. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom