• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

TLZ

Banned
Wow. Just amazing.

So not only did I preface what was told to me that "my text conversation was flaky" and "I'm a little confused about what was said but I'm not going to push for clarification", I still called a console-hater, crazy in the mind for even mentioning such ludicrous things and that I'm a PC master race who doesn't want to see Sony thrive and succeed. I'm getting ridiculed for being banned on ResetERA due to fighting fanboys and defending my stance on graphics development (putting ERA in a good light for banning me) and I'm being scrutinized here -- all for telling what someone legit from the industry has told me.

Am I making this stuff up to piss people off? Really?

I've read through 10 pages of people calling out 'insiders' fake and don't know what they are talking about.. people calling for bans, etc ..

I just realized that I don't and will not say anything more. If the insiders in this forum is getting bashed for saying things that go against what gamers of either platform want to hear and only get ridiculed for it, what's the reason why any of us should speak at all? Who wants to put people in the industry on the line when they only get a bashing for it?

I'm done with telling any more information about these platforms. When it all comes out, people can make fun of or complain about the companies decisions at that point in time. I no longer want to participate in giving up anything I have to a bunch of unthankful and rude people.

ZywyPL

Banned
I like this desgin 😍

qngy8ew.jpg

That my friends is a TFlop scale - you put a gaming console on it and it shows you how many TFlops the given system is capable of.

FranXico

PS5 does audio ray tracing, of course Xbox Series X does it.
Back in April last year, when Cerny mentioned audio Ray Tracing, people were dissing it and saying "duh, it's just 3D audio, xbox has always had it!".
Now that Major Nelson talks about the exact same feature a whole year later, it's a big deal!

It still is 3D audio.

Last edited:
BTW, Jim Ryan's main point of 'the bigger differences [vs PS4] have yet to be revealed' comment is about PS5 backwards compatibility will run "almost all" previous PlayStation games to date. (PS1, PS2, PS4 and PS3 included). This is gonna be the one big step forward for them in start of the next generation and a true meltdown.
And that's not all

Entroyp

BTW, Jim Ryan's main point of 'the bigger differences [vs PS4] have yet to be revealed' comment is about PS5 backwards compatibility will run "almost all" previous PlayStation games to date. (PS1, PS2, PS4 and PS3 included). This is gonna be the one big step forward for them in start of the next generation and a true meltdown.
And that's not all

I sure hope this is true. If PS5 can emulate the PS3 via software that would be heck of an achievement.

Dabaus

Banned
And that's not all

Nice.

Last edited:

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
This is gonna be the one big step forward for them in start of the next generation and a true meltdown.
And that's not all

Now you see, you’ve lost me now, because while it’s bloody obvious Sony would want to add BC (even after making their fans believe for years it was shit), what you just said riled me up, because you see...

...you said it with BIAS.

A true meltdown? Why? Xbox Series X already confirmed all previous generations work on it. And while yes, PlayStations back catalog is quite simply utterly incredible to have, the way you just said what you said makes me see a bias in favour of Sony.

And now, because I’ve seen that, I can’t take anything you say seriously, because it will forever come across as you favouring one over the other.

Sorry pal, I’m out.

Last edited:

Moses85

People expectations in regards to PS5 are really funny. Not only PS5 has to be cheaper but also faster (above 12TF, faster SDD, faster RT, more RAM). Sure it can be faster but not cheaper at the same time.

Why not? Sony decided to be the Samaritan of the videogame industry. Pls don’t say, this isn’t the real deal... pliiise 😅😂

We are counting on you Sony!!

FranXico

Now you see, you’ve lost me now, because whole it’s bloody obvious Sony would want to add BC (even after making their fans believe for years it’s was shit), what you just said riled me up, because you see...

A true meltdown? Why? Xbox Series X already confirmed all previous generations work on it. And while yes, PlayStations back catalog is quite simply utterly incredible to have, the way you just said what you said makes me see a bias in favour of Sony.

And now, because I’ve seen that, I can’t take anything you say seriously, because it will forever come across as you favouring one over the other.

Sorry pal, I’m out.
To be fair, the likes of Tom Warren and Richard Leadbetter are biased as fuck towards Xbox, and people hang on their every word.

Disco_

And that's not all
This is the thing that's keeping me from buying these leaks. What financial incentive does sony have to allow ps1-3 games to play on ps5? The publishers can't sell many of those games anymore, they lack the licenses/rights to them. Even some 1st party titles would have long ago lost whatever music rights they had.
I'd love to pop in Thrasher or high heat 2001 for the lols but I can't see this profiting sony unless they think all those people who stopped playing games decades ago are gonna come back now.

Is this part of sony's plan to save Gamestop?

Last edited:

pawel86ck

Banned
I sure hope this is true. If PS5 can emulate the PS3 via software that would be heck of an achievement.
On PC PS3 emulation is a huge achievement, but on PS5 Sony should easily reverse engineer PS3 with equally good results as MS did on xbox one. Sony build PS3 and they know what it takes to emulate it (and maybe even they will do a better job, because not every BC game on xbox X is 4K enchanced).

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
What folks don't understand is that the XOneX came out 2 years ago, dropping support for it this year would be criminal. And do these same wallys think the One and Series X are going to share retail disks? 🤣

Possibly, with the "smart delivery" for the inevitable patches in every game (this is how they will have the "internet connection" DRM, maybe?). Ground up games though, probably not.

Mr Moose

If they do BC with PS1 games, they really need to increase the resolution on the games, they look like shit (on my PS Classic).

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Until you try to read it from 2-4m away.

Good that any of us (probably) arent designers of PS5, or it would look like shitty hi-tech kitchen drug scale disco boom blaster :messenger_beaming:
Yeah, you aren't reading anything on that small of screen unless you sit right next to it, but it could be used for themes, logos, and a visualizer. I remember those old alleged Switch patents with controls built through a lcd screen. It would be cool if they had screen tech that could warp shape and have controller elements pop through, so the whole controller could change theme depending on the game or weapon you have. Make it look like gunmetal, or a blade with blood splatter as you slaughter.

And that's not all
Why almost?If includes all consoles here,unless because of PSP and PSVita absence.

Entroyp

On PC PS3 emulation is a huge achievement, but on PS5 Sony should easily reverse engineer PS3 with equally good results as MS did on xbox one. Sony build PS3 and they know what it takes to emulate it (and maybe even they will do a better job, because not every BC game on xbox X is 4K enchanced).

True. I’m not up to date on PS3 emulation on PC, but I imagine that overcoming Cell’s crazy architecture must have been a huge task.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
To be fair, the likes of Tom Warren and Richard Leadbetter are biased as fuck towards Xbox, and people hang on their every word.

They get excited about tech and sometimes they get a little too carried away, but I can’t think of a time I’ve heard them out right say “now Xbox has feature X, playstation fans are gong to have a meltdown”. That just doesn’t sit right with me...? I dunno, that doesn’t fit.

Last edited:
So
And that's not all
third person saying such. PSErebus.. and HipHopGamer saying the same.

bitbydeath

People expectations in regards to PS5 are really funny. Not only PS5 has to be cheaper but also faster (above 12TF, faster SDD, faster RT, more RAM). Sure it can be faster but not cheaper at the same time.

If the Bloomberg article was correct then it looks like they’ll be struggling to match XSX’s price, so no it won’t be cheaper.

Some Sony games staff think it should sell the new console at a loss if necessary to match Microsoft’s price

hemo memo

Gold Member
And that's not all

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f4a785538664a644d6a73623930773d3d2d3430373731353530392e3134626335303137653361303534633632383330333130323431312e676966

And here I though your “leaks” can’t get more ridiculous

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
From what I can tell, the XSX is ~3.5% larger in volume than the Xbox One phat.

I was looking for pictures of XSX case made of cake and this popped up on the results...
UekbRB3.jpg

That looks sexy in vertical position. I would have thought the usb port would have been on the bottom, so maybe it's upside down looking at it in the horizontal position? Looks nice either way.

Looks like an in-game Loot Box/Crate. :messenger_winking_tongue:

They get excited about tech and sometimes they get a little too carried away, but I can’t think of a time I’ve heard them out right say “now Xbox has feature X, playstation fans are gong to have a meltdown”. That just doesn’t sit right with me...? I dunno, that doesn’t fit.

Your true colors are showing... ;)

demigod

Nobody has said it's cheaper, how about people stop making shit up? They will most likely be the same msrp. But let me just prove you wrong on that. PS4 was cheaper and more powerful than Xbox One. AMD processors are better and cheaper than Intel. Just because your item costs more, does not mean it's better.

R600

Banned
There is an elephant in the room and that is, the more Sony stays silent after MS's spec flexing yesterday, the more likely it gets that PS5 is simply weaker one.

I know many thing Sony has their own schedule, and they do, but picture is being painted every day that passes and it creates a certain narrative that Sony would like to adrese if it had an answer for question people are looking for

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
Now you see, you’ve lost me now, because while it’s bloody obvious Sony would want to add BC (even after making their fans believe for years it was shit), what you just said riled me up, because you see...

Sorry pal, I’m out.
You weren't alarmed when he said PS5 would be 13.3 or 13.5TF? 😅

Not good for tommy as those two have zero credibility.
If I am not wrong,Matt or Klee (or both) in the other site said PS5 was delayed to 2020 because Sony wanted full compatibility with previous consoles,and they was having a hard time because they wanted everything working flawless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom