• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 779727

Unconfirmed Member
new
XX0RgbO.png

old
Qy9Yur2.png

How about that Demigod, looks like I won't be dying tomorrow 😋

R600

Banned
Yeah okay pal...

Sony being silent means absolutely fuck all and you’re drawing some very wild conclusions out of thin air. The only person seeing this imaginary picture being painted here is you and your other little friends that desperately like all your posts.

People have had the questions you’re referring to since way before Xbox even revealed their specs so how is it any different?

A simple logo reveal post on their Instagram page has generated more traffic than almost every XSeX news article put together.

So why would Sony give an inch of a fuck about what people like you think about them not revealing their specs or what that makes them look like?

TL;DR Stop reaching
Take it easy and lets just simply agree to disagree. This is forum not PS5forum.com so dont be surprised someone disagrees with you are has different opinion.

TLZ

Banned
BTW, Jim Ryan's main point of 'the bigger differences [vs PS4] have yet to be revealed' comment is about PS5 backwards compatibility will run "almost all" previous PlayStation games to date. (PS1, PS2, PS4 and PS3 included). This is gonna be the one big step forward for them in start of the next generation and a true meltdown.
And that's not all
Quit playing games with my heart, Boi.

Not sure if you've watched it, it's a supportive robot to the main one Mazinger Z:

4543112581013_1__71209.1535361265.jpg

Pretty much well-known around here, but I think many other countries/people around the globe know it as I saw the reaction was insane when talked about Captain Tsubasa.
Speaking of mechs/robots, I loved this one back then:

I always dreamt of having a toy I could control like that back then.

Do explain? Because I would like to think the exact opposite? It’s not that I don’t believe PS5 will have BC, hell, I’ve said all along it would be utterly stupid to NOT have it now.

Or is it because I don’t find DF to be fanboys like most around here?

What gives you the idea that my “true colours are showing” after everything I’ve posted including info that hasn’t been said before that puts the consoles on level pegging? Please, go on...?

Because you do know that just because your critical of something, it doesn’t make you a fanboy of the other... you know that, right?

Tom Warren for sure is a fanboy and he don’t even hide it (and it’s ok he is transparent about it) he posts several tweets were that is pretty visible... top of my mind I remember one twitter were he was teasing Sony talking about sex floating above water and asking if PS5 would be able to walk on water or something like that..

Regarding DF they are riding (promoting) the PS5 week narrative since the beginning of times disregarding completely any insight that contradicts that in a very loose manner...

Is a little strange to me that’s all that you get all worked up by tommy fisher comment wile give a pass to Tom...

Besides Tommy always said sex was 12 TF... (this doesn’t sound PlayStation fanboy prediction at all)

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
So is the general consensus the PS5 is 9.2 tfs....? I understand now the XSX has a custom SSD, and not an off the shelf SSD as originally believed 🤔

It's all one sided at the moment.

If there's a 30% power gap, (and possibly more if only the XSX has RDNA 2), then that just can't be ignored. 🤔

Most insiders are saying specs are going to be similar.

Members of the Xbox community are saying it's going to be 8-9.2TF based off the github leak. You also have a few Xbox insiders proclaiming the same thing, but they admit they do not know what the specs of the PS5 are going to be.

I said before that people from the Xbox community should at least wait until the specs are officially revealed, because if they turn out to be similar in specs and\or the PS5 is more powerful, then you're going to see a lot of people from the PlayStation community go after the Xbox fanboys across social media.

SgtCaffran

Now you see, you’ve lost me now, because while it’s bloody obvious Sony would want to add BC (even after making their fans believe for years it was shit), what you just said riled me up, because you see...

...you said it with BIAS.

A true meltdown? Why? Xbox Series X already confirmed all previous generations work on it. And while yes, PlayStations back catalog is quite simply utterly incredible to have, the way you just said what you said makes me see a bias in favour of Sony.

And now, because I’ve seen that, I can’t take anything you say seriously, because it will forever come across as you favouring one over the other.

Sorry pal, I’m out.
Funny though, in your frame of reference you take the "meltdown" to happen to xbox fans. In my frame of reference I take the "meltdown" to happen to Playstation fans that would really like to play older games from their potentially huge PS1/PS2/PS3/PS4 collection on one console.

No hating! Just trying to show you there are always two sides and we sometimes project our own frame of reference on situations and words.:messenger_heart:

R600

Banned
Tom Warren for sure is a fanboy and he don’t even hide it (and it’s ok he is transparent about it) he posts several tweets were that is pretty visible... top of my mind I remember one twitter were he was teasing Sony talking about sex floating above water and asking if PS5 would be able to walk on water or something like that..

Regarding DF they are riding (promoting) the PS5 week narrative since the beginning of times disregarding completely any insight that contradicts that in a very loose manner...

Is a little strange to me that’s all that you get all worked up by tommy fisher comment wile give a pass to Tom...

Besides Tommy always said sex was 12 TF... (this doesn’t sound PlayStation fanboy prediction at all)
Comparing Tom Warren to TommyFischer, a no name non validated guy from Neogaf is a bit of a reach.

Tom Warren exclusively covers MS and he definitely is biased. But he also works for Verge and has broken many stories. TommyFischer broke absolutely nothing.

And what was he about to say about XSX other then 12TF, when Tom Warren, the guy you call out, put it out in November (on Era actually - 4/12 post) and MS confirmed it?

Last edited:

Neo Blaster

Now you see, you’ve lost me now, because while it’s bloody obvious Sony would want to add BC (even after making their fans believe for years it was shit), what you just said riled me up, because you see...

...you said it with BIAS.

A true meltdown? Why? Xbox Series X already confirmed all previous generations work on it. And while yes, PlayStations back catalog is quite simply utterly incredible to have, the way you just said what you said makes me see a bias in favour of Sony.

And now, because I’ve seen that, I can’t take anything you say seriously, because it will forever come across as you favouring one over the other.

Sorry pal, I’m out.
Well, it would be a true meltdown for Sony fans indeed, the catalog is huge. Why are you so bitter about that?

Neo Blaster

This is the thing that's keeping me from buying these leaks. What financial incentive does sony have to allow ps1-3 games to play on ps5? The publishers can't sell many of those games anymore, they lack the licenses/rights to them. Even some 1st party titles would have long ago lost whatever music rights they had.
I'd love to pop in Thrasher or high heat 2001 for the lols but I can't see this profiting sony unless they think all those people who stopped playing games decades ago are gonna come back now.

Is this part of sony's plan to save Gamestop?
Now go back to the begining of your post and switch Sony/PS to MS/Xbox...why is your concern just on one company when the other is doing the same thing?

So are there any videos out there of games running on current high end PCs that have similar specs to the new consoles that have been optimised for those GPUs??

If Sony/MS are not releasing any footage, at least can we see what games will look like?
It's useless, there are no true next gen game right now, you would only see how current gen games will run on PS5\SeX.

Comparing Tom Warren to TommyFischer, a no name non validated guy from Neogaf is a bit of a reach.

Tom Warren exclusively covers MS and he definitely is biased. But he also works for Verge and has broken many stories. TommyFischer broke absolutely nothing.

And what was he about to say about XSX other then 12TF, when Tom Warren, the guy you call out, put it out in November (on Era actually - 4/12 post) and MS confirmed it?

I’m not validating no one.. my point was if you going dismiss a guy because he talks about a meltdown in a comment and you give a pass to another that is clearly a fan boy but for another platform something isn't right..

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Then why are you complaining about Tommy using 'true meltdown'?

Because it comes across to me as “this is so amazing it will cause Xbox fans to have a meltdown”. I agree it could be taken the other way, as others have said, but to me, that’s how I interpreted it. And that doesn’t come across as a neutral view really.

And if you’re not neutral about something as simple as that, then, well... you've seen what some insiders are like when they let fanboy bias interfere with facts.

Neo Blaster

Because it comes across to me as “this is so amazing it will cause Xbox fans to have a meltdown”. I agree it could be taken the other way, as others have said, but to me, that’s how I interpreted it. And that doesn’t come across as a neutral view really.

And if you’re not neutral about something as simple as that, then, well... you've seen what some insiders are like when they let fanboy bias interfere with facts.
Man, you're reading too much into it, there's nothing there suggesting your point.

Maybe I don't get the word, I just read it as "it's gonna be sick". That's it.

To be fair, the likes of Tom Warren and Richard Leadbetter are biased as fuck towards Xbox, and people hang on their every word.

At least they do it with professionalism though, to be fair. I would say those two have a preference for Xbox, but they don't really let that affect how they report their information, and it doesn't stop them from praising non-Xbox stuff, either.

They don't act like a typical forum console warrior either. Preferences are perfectly fine but if you're going to claim to be an insider, be professional about it because you've got a lot of people looking to you not just for info (whether it's accurate or not is another thing altogether), but guidance in how to act with that info. I don't watch DF videos and then start thinking to be negative about Sony, because they never present their information in a way encouraging that type of thinking and behavior to people watching them.

Can't say the same about T.F sadly.

Shmunter

BTW, Jim Ryan's main point of 'the bigger differences [vs PS4] have yet to be revealed' comment is about PS5 backwards compatibility will run "almost all" previous PlayStation games to date. (PS1, PS2, PS4 and PS3 included). This is gonna be the one big step forward for them in start of the next generation and a true meltdown.
And that's not all
PS3 doesn’t add up with Sony taking it off Ps plus. They wouldn’t have done that if the system were to have a future. But I’d like it to be true.

PS3 doesn’t add up with Sony taking it off Ps plus. They wouldn’t have done that if the system were to have a future. But I’d like it to be true.

Mark Cerny is going to carry the torche of krazy ken and make the zen 2 work together with the cell for extra computational power. You heard it here first.

pawel86ck

Banned
There is an elephant in the room and that is, the more Sony stays silent after MS's spec flexing yesterday, the more likely it gets that PS5 is simply weaker one.

I know many thing Sony has their own schedule, and they do, but picture is being painted every day that passes and it creates a certain narrative that Sony would like to adrese if it had an answer for question people are looking for
First PS5 details were revealed a long time ago, so it's not like sony has planned a waiting game.

Last edited:

Kumomeme

That's why we should't consistently speaking about this anyway, imho, which is what we are doing instead. We don't know, we can assume, but if there is a problem with the system discuss with the mods.
there no problem with the system...the problem is with people...some people like to take some word, even some title or reputation like a something that come down from heaven

some people need to chill a bit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom