• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koopatrol

Get HYPED! Random Tuesday tomorrow!

Hopefully we at least hear about Lockhart this week. I know people have been saying there have been teases for this week, but is there any solid info on why we should expect a reveal for sure? I'm a bit out of the loop. I care more about the PS5 and XSX, so I'm curious to see the announced specs and how people will react to it if it's priced reasonably low at $300.

Banned
guys any GPU that claims to be 8K capable gotta be above 12TF period...Sony claiming full support for 8K monitors with the ps5....probably checker boarding like PS4 pro for 8K output and full support for 8K movies

the PS4 pro claimed to be 4k capable and I would bet less than 1% of all games actually run at 4k on the Pro.

8k support means nothing but the consoles will have a setting in their video options that lets you select 8k of you have a compatible TV.

I don't think any developer will actually try to go for anything close to an 8k resolution. maybe some remasters or 2D games.

and no, you can run games at 8k on a 10 to 12 tf machine, they will look like current gen games and will run at 30fps, but 30fps was never a reason to not go for it for publishers.

Last edited:
guys any GPU that claims to be 8K capable gotta be above 12TF period...Sony claiming full support for 8K monitors with the ps5....probably checker boarding like PS4 pro for 8K output and full support for 8K movies

lefpwsr.gif

The GPU in the github leak is not the GPU that will be in the PS5. Anyone who continues to preach that the PS5 will use the same GPU as in github will not look silly when Sony announces the specs, but they will look like a total idiot. The PS5 really needs to be as powerful as possible to be a true generational leap and to support VR gaming. Also, they cannot afford to be the second most powerful console because that would automatically allow microsoft to win this generation. I'm actually glad that Sony are not releasing their specs because all microsoft would do is try and increase their clockspeed to slightly exceed them. My guess is that Sony won't announce the TF until launch.

When it comes to RDNA2, it's easy to explain what Sony has probably done. They took RDNA2 and customized it to have their own features. My guess is that they added additional raytracing features. So the PS5 is not using RDNA1 or RDNA 2 but a custom RDNA2.

DaGwaphics

Get HYPED! Random Tuesday tomorrow!

Hopefully we at least hear about Lockhart this week. I know people have been saying there have been teases for this week, but is there any solid info on why we should expect a reveal for sure? I'm a bit out of the loop. I care more about the PS5 and XSX, so I'm curious to see the announced specs and how people will react to it if it's priced reasonably low at $300.

Where did the "Lockhart news this week" rumor start? Tweets from twitter fans or from people associated directly with MS?

F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
So I was reading an article which was speculating that because the Coronavirus is affecting manufacturing of parts included in the next gen consoles, the law of supply and demand would drive up prices.
Would Sony and Microsoft not have already locked down contracts for set prices for these parts?

Last edited by a moderator:
No one will believe this, but I got confirmation that the 9.2TF gihub is indeed real.
On the one hand this probably means it's a cheaper console.
TBH I didn't expect this, but oh well.

These insiders saying 12TF+ can stop now, this won't matter very soon.
Rely on me and this info, it's all I can say.
Unbelievable, I know.
Either way all this speculation os about to end.

:lollipop_winking:

Gamernyc78

Banned
No one will believe this, but I got confirmation that the 9.2TF gihub is indeed real.

Unbelievable, I know.

Righttttt lol

So I was reading an article which was speculating that because the Coronavirus is affecting manufacturing of parts included in the next gen consoles, the law of supply and demand would drive up prices.
Would Sony and Microsoft not have already locked down contracts for set prices for these parts?

Isn't the global market crashing down right now? Shit's so fucked right now that I have to wonder if we'll even be alive when the consoles launch.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

Unbelievable, I know.

Yup! :)

Market downturn, people losing money like shit in the stock market. I've lost $25,000 in two weeks alone! $400 system coming.............

"Ok Chinese foundries, time to start making PS5s soon!"

"Ok Sony exec. Which one? Model 1 at 9.2TF or Model 2 at 12tf?"

"You will make Model 1"

"Good choice. Our Oberon tests show all things work"

Last edited:

FranXico

Unbelievable, I know.

Look at that!
On what grounds are we to accept those facts?
Let the truth set us free!

Tarkus98

Unbelievable, I know.

Oh no, not you too. Damn Github Virus spreading faster then Corona. Seems it needs no physical contact to spread either.
People, get out now!!

HawarMiran

Banned

Unbelievable, I know.

Come on man. Not like this.

Unbelievable, I know.

I see you have the teraflop madness. Unfortunately, little is to be done until both consoles are fully revealed. Be strong brother!

TLZ

Banned

Unbelievable, I know.

WTF did you do to my friend??

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Unbelievable, I know.

Interesting. Who or what did you hear this from?

So you think everything that demi said was hollow?? I don't and it's true this dude has cried about leaving a site before just because someone went a little hard at him. Like come on 🤦‍♂️ I agree with alot of what demi said he just shouldn't have conveyed it in tht manner.
Happened with Andrew Reiner as well when some unhappy Xbox fans jumped on him on twitter when he said that at the time of E3 last year PS5 was more powerful. He then promptly vowed to never share any info again all because of a few bad apples.
I dont know the context of the argument or disagreement here but just bailing becuase someone said something off to you is a bit cowardly and you should not these things get to you.

Unbelievable, I know.

Tales from thine rectum instestinum OR legit?

Mod of War

Ω
Staff Member

Unbelievable, I know.

👁

Unbelievable, I know.

you got me good.

Last edited:

Sinthor

Gold Member
Why did you relate that sentence to masculinity? Females don't say it?

Please take this bs elsewhere. You didn't have to turn his comment to something toxic.

Yes, please! I will not take getting lectured on 'masculinity' especially for terms like 'guys' that long ago lost any gender specific meaning and became a general descriptor for multiple people, etc. Unreal! Damn..I swear...I know my generation (gen X) basically caused all this PC bullshit by refusing to discipline our children but....this all is a damn good argument for spanking! :messenger_winking_tongue:

Null_Key

Neo Member
I was thinking the same thing lol, either that or you got your information from Phil Spencer. People are so sensitive and/or gullible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom