• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koopatrol

Colbert?

giphy.gif

Sinthor

Gold Member
Probably been discussed in here but what do you guys think the economy and virus will have impact wise on these consoles? Coronavirus might not die down by summer and if it does, it's likely to emerge again in the fall/winter months. There's signs the world is looking at a recession soon. Can't be good for the consoles. On the other hand, maybe it is good for the consoles because with the virus scare craze people are probably going to go in less public places especially for entertainment. That means sitting in your comfy home playing some nice weeb games on PS5 with some waifus since you can't socialize.

I think China produces like 95% of the consoles. Is it possible to push production out of China? I don't think anyone has the manufacturing that could meet that demand even if outsourced to several different countries. Plus the countries around China who you'd outsource to are dealing with an outbreak too. There's a city in China that produces most of the world's electronic parts but the virus has not reached that area yet I think. I don't think Trump lifted tariffs in the US on consoles either that's a 25% hit? Seems like with all this in mind it would impact costs of the consoles.

Actually, Shenzhen IS in a province affected by the Coronavirus. My contacts in the computer industry haven't verified this for me, but I've heard that shipments from Lenovo, Dell, etc. have indeed been slowed down by several weeks (estimate) over their initial targets. The thing is, if the Chinese numbers are to be believed, they are on the downslope with relatively few new infections being reported. We're about 50 days behind them in the US.

I think the consoles are being produced more in Taiwan, but could be wrong. Bottom line, this does show the world that it's not necessarily a great idea to have the majority of your manufacturing for critical goods, be in just one country. Besides China's horrible human rights record, etc., this kind of thing or even natural disasters can have too much impact. For example, the last maker of penicillin in the US closed over a decade ago. That's all sourced in China now. So if there was an epidemic of some sort (yes, I know this is viral so antibiotics don't work, but bear with me here) that required penicillin for treatment, do you really think China would be shipping it all out, or keeping it for their own citizens? The same can be said of anyone, not picking on China, but this is a good reason to have MULTIPLE sources for such critical items. I think that is a lesson learned from this pandemic.

In the end I think the media is blowing things way out of proportion. Barring some case where half of the world gets sick at the same time, we're likely on the downside of this. Warmer weather also usually makes flu's go away. If you look in the US now, Nevada and Arizona and even Texas have very few cases...it's warm here already. But again, China's already recovering so manufacturing will recover as well. The stock markets will quickly regain what they lost (at least due to the virus- the big problem NOW is actually the Saudi and Russian dispute over oil!). The people saying there will be zero growth this year will be greatly mistaken, IMHO. I think we end up losing one month effectively but that's about it. But time will tell. If this virus DOES infect millions and millions and/or if it mutates to something stronger and more deadly, that picture could change.

So at worst right now for consoles I think we're looking at smaller initial supply. But...from what I understand, retail manufacturing really only kicks up around May/June for an October/November release so as long as things have settled by then, maybe we won't notice anything.

kareemna

No, nothing perfect there.

Best picture quality/blacks: OLED's, but unreliable and need care and no to long sessions. Weaker HDR performance due to not meeting 1000-nits minimal requirement (Except Panasonic but it's shit for gaming).
Best brightness/HDR: Not sure, but the new TCL 8 and 6 series 2020 are brilliant and probably the best out there overall with decent blacks.
Color accuracy goes to Sony TV's.

My short list is:

-If you want OLED, then CX or C9.
-TCL 8-Series 8K and 6-Series 4K 2020 models.
-Sony XH90 (X900H) only for the moment that has rumors to support HDMI 2.1 properly for gaming.
-Samsung 8K lineup, but I'm not comfortable with their TV's as they are not produced directly in Korea here.
-Vizio 2020 lineup if you are in the US.

That's my short list, to me I'll pick probably TCL 8-Series 8K if the price is good, but I think I'll go for XH90 if I can turn off local dimming because it's shit for gaming no matter how they try to make it nice, I would sacrifice black levels for that.

This is my short list, all should have full HDMI 2.1 support especially VRR. I think TCL is the best overall, but I need Sony's color accuracy for video/photo editing at least.

Read more and wait for reviews as most of these are not out yet.

For now forget about 8K as there is kind of a dispute about the standard. (it basically isn't mature yet)

The OLED lower peak brightness is offset by its perfect contrast ratio not found on other panels, it should make up for the 500-600 nit peak.

As for the X900H, well it actually has the full HDMI 2.1 support check here:

screenshot-7582.png

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
All signs lead to TCL series. For US gamers, I think the best time to purchase UHDTVs would be black Friday sale. Dont buy anything yet now. I am sure black Friday for this year, UHDTVs will have the following specs:

Wifi6 built in UHDTV
HDMI 2.1 with variable refresh rate
HDR10+ and Dolby Atmos
120hz

One thing i forgot to ask was about 'response time' or lag, has that been improved?

Here's XH95 and he also states that thr XH90 will have auto law latency (ALL) and variable refresh rate (VRR) as it'll pack HDMI 2.1 which is funny as it's the only Sony TV that will support full HDMI 2.1 features. Sony must promote it with PS5 I think and for being double layer so the local dimming should be very good yet I hope hou can shut it down. X900H is considered as a mid-budget 4K TV and it should have VA display which should even be better than XH95 but narrower viewing angle? I don't understand their business here:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
For now forget about 8K as there is kind of a dispute about the standard. (it basically isn't mature yet)

The OLED lower peak brightness is offset by its perfect contrast ratio not found on other panels, it should make up for the 500-600 nit peak.

As for the X900H, well it actually has the full HDMI 2.1 support check here:

screenshot-7582.png

LG CX in general should be considered the best gaming TV, but for me it's a huge gamble to throw around $3-4K on a very vulnerable tv that I'm more than sure will have very long gaming sessions or PC usage (video editing or general use) beyond 10-24 hours sometimes non-stop. OLED HDR has some kinda buffer system that will protect the screen from 600-nits which should result a gray-ish white in some scenes. In general OLED's are still the best picture quality screens until we get microLED's later in 2023+ which will mark the death of OLED totally.

By the way, 8K screem produces a much better 4K pictures than a native 4K tv. It's 33.2MP so if you have a camera that makes that much or more then it'll be a great screen for that as well if the colors are accurate enough.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Is it expected that the next round of consoles will have optical audio out? I seem to recall something about a revision of ps4 that did not.

I think the USB 3.1 Gen 2 can sustain enough bandwith to provide all thr audio goodies without optical audio? Maybe the DS5 can work like a mini mixer that pushes 7.1 channel, 3D audio. Anyway for me I would wait for a new wireless PS5 headset to replace my Astro A40, but might go for Sony's premium 1000XM4 if it supports PS5 properly.

MilkyJoe

LG CX in general should be considered the best gaming TV, but for me it's a huge gamble to throw around $3-4K on a very vulnerable tv that I'm more than sure will have very long gaming sessions or PC usage (video editing or general use) beyond 10-24 hours sometimes non-stop. OLED HDR has some kinda buffer system that will protect the screen from 600-nits which should result a gray-ish white in some scenes. In general OLED's are still the best picture quality screens until we get microLED's later in 2023+ which will mark the death of OLED totally.

By the way, 8K screem produces a much better 4K pictures than a native 4K tv. It's 33.2MP so if you have a camera that makes that much or more then it'll be a great screen for that as well if the colors are accurate enough.

Samsung Q90R says hello.

ethomaz

Banned
Is it expected that the next round of consoles will have optical audio out? I seem to recall something about a revision of ps4 that did not.
I think the USB 3.1 Gen 2 can sustain enough bandwith to provide all thr audio goodies without optical audio? Maybe the DS5 can work like a mini mixer that pushes 7.1 channel, 3D audio. Anyway for me I would wait for a new wireless PS5 headset to replace my Astro A40, but might go for Sony's premium 1000XM4 if it supports PS5 properly.
Actually HDMI already offer better audio quality with more feature than Optical and they are not even comparable...
HDMI 2.1 increase the bandwidth for audio ever more up to 32 channels... you will be fine with modern DTS-HD (+VirtualX), Dolby TrueHD (+Atmos) or PCM over 7.1.

Optical have serious bandwidth limitations that makes it lacks support Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD or PCM over 2 channels.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Heard the tcl 8series comes closer

I can't see a better deal than TCL 8K 8-series at the moment. If it reaches our market I might get it, as we usually get low budget TCL's only. Sony XH90 65" is the main TV for me so far, another one will be bought around 2023-2024 and should be an 8K microLED (might jump to 75").

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Samsung Q90R says hello.

It's a great pick as well, not sure about what would be with next gen consoles and the lack of Dolby Vision support in Samsung tv's. Should wait and see but I hopr both should support HDR10+ and Dolby Vision. But I think until microLED's hit the market in 2023 all TV's aren't perfect enough. OLED is a dying tech, even Sony's reference monitor went to LCD lately and it's like mother of all TV's.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Actually HDMI already offer better audio quality with more feature than Optical and they are not even comparable...
HDMI 2.1 increase the bandwidth for audio ever more up to 32 channels... you will be fine with modern DTS-HD (+VirtualX), Dolby TrueHD (+Atmos) or PCM over 7.1.

Optical have serious bandwidth limitations that makes it lacks support Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD or PCM over 2 channels.

Then I should use my 10+ meters 3.5 aux wire to connect to my headset directly from the TV 🤣 It's an amazing way to watch netflex with my wife while the kid is sleeping with a splitter to use 2 headsets 😜 Even the sound quality is much better out of the TV than my PC which is surprising when usingy PC.

Mriverz

Also was looking at the Cx cheaper then the 8 series tcl Atm. But the burn in is my concerns also saying as i play sometimes long sessions on a day off with huds. Anyone that has a c9 or a b9 got any tips?

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
Also was looking at the Cx cheaper then the 8 series tcl Atm. But the burn in is my concerns also saying as i play sometimes long sessions on a day off with huds. Anyone that has a c9 or a b9 got any tips?
But doesn't that view change due to cut scenes or loading screens? I play max for 4 hours straight so I should be fine but was hoping a change of screen for a couple of minutes would've been enough anyway

schaft0620

This Pastebin right here. It's a web archive link. It's weird how the Pastebin was set to never expire, but it was still deleted. You can't do that unless you have a Pastebin account I think, and this was a guest user. Not saying it makes it real, but interesting nonetheless.

EDIT: Nevermind, if you have a Pastebin account, you can actually post a paste as an anonymous guest. So this guy could've just done that and deleted it. But this is the Pastebin that he was talking about.

Hey, I found your Pastebin about a new Resistance on March 6th awhile back. That's why I got so excited, cause of a potential new Resistance game lmao.

That pastebin is fake as hell.

Bo_Hazem

Banned

My longest gaming session ever was with MGS5 and extended to 51 hours with little breaks for eating etc while the game is on pause. Editing sessions can extend to 12+ hours as well, PC usage can go as much as gaming. OLED is too soft for that. It all depends on your usage. OLED has reached it's peak so buying a C9 now might be smarter than CX to save some money as they are identical with only G-Sync added to CX.

kareemna

Yes OLED are the best so far overall, but we might still see them in mobile devices even if to a lesser degree on TVs.

The bandwidth for such audio quality was already there, it is just how the devices deals with the data is the difference. For example with ARC the HDMI cable only supports same as S/PDIF (optical), yet there is bandwidth to support virtually the same as eARC. I think there are manufacturers which added eARC via a firmware update.

Falunne

Neo Member
There are plenty of OLED threads here on GAF. Check them out! A lot of good info.
I have the B9 - most amazing TV I ever owned. Great picture, amazingly low input-lag. It needs calibration, but I can't recommend it enough. Dont think I have had it long enough to comment on the burn in, but I havn't seen any or noticed anything yet. GO BUY - you wont regret it

Last edited:

kareemna

My longest gaming session ever was with MGS5 and extended to 51 hours with little breaks for eating etc while the game is on pause. Editing sessions can extend to 12+ hours as well, PC usage can go as much as gaming. OLED is too soft for that. It all depends on your usage. OLED has reached it's peak so buying a C9 now might be smarter than CX to save some money as they are identical with only G-Sync added to CX.

You know in most current OLEDs there are certain features (e.g. Pixel Shift on BRAVIA) which help mitigate the screen burn in issues, some require the TV to be in standby mode and by doing so for around 10 minutes it is usually enough.

Me personally coming from a BRAVIA 46EX500 (2010) HDTV my current 55x8500f is perfect. I just love the color accuracy of Sony TVs. Hopefully as you said in around 5 years we will get MicroLED to the mass market.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
You know in most current OLEDs there are certain features (e.g. Pixel Shift on BRAVIA) which help mitigate the screen burn in issues, some require the TV to be in standby mode and by doing so for around 10 minutes it is usually enough.

Me personally coming from a BRAVIA 46EX500 (2010) HDTV my current 55x8500f is perfect. I just love the color accuracy of Sony TVs. Hopefully as you said in around 5 years we will get MicroLED to the mass market.

That's why not paying too much now for a new TV and wait for microLED's within 3-4 years to have a real future proof TV with total perfection. At that time we might be talking about HDMI 3.0 with 8K@120-240Hz with some 16K@60-120Hz. 16K might mark the peak of what you can really consider for 100" and below. We ahould be haply with every pixel push that should make the lesser much cheaper.

kareemna

That's why not paying too much now for a new TV and wait for microLED's within 3-4 years to have a real future proof TV with total perfection. At that time we might be talking about HDMI 3.0 with 8K@120-240Hz with some 16K@60-120Hz. 16K might mark the peak of what you can really consider for 100" and below. We ahould be haply with every pixel push that should make the lesser much cheaper.

I am good with 4K thank you :messenger_grinning_sweat: Not paying more than 1000-1500 for a TV.

ethomaz

Banned
Yes OLED are the best so far overall, but we might still see them in mobile devices even if to a lesser degree on TVs.

The bandwidth for such audio quality was already there, it is just how the devices deals with the data is the difference. For example with ARC the HDMI cable only supports same as S/PDIF (optical), yet there is bandwidth to support virtually the same as eARC. I think there are manufacturers which added eARC via a firmware update.
ARC is really limited.
That is why I have to use my PS4 plugged directly via HDMI to my 5.1 Soundbar instead to go to TV to use ARC.

Last edited:

DrDamn

So it seems like every Tuesday people will make up a reason for Sony to drop some next gen news.... Here's my idea

They will release a Wired article tomorrow on the same day Ori's review scores come out (which will be above 90 imo, game looks sick!)

Every week we expect Sony news but get more XSX news. This week it's expected there will be XSS news, so we must be a good shoe in for a Sony announcement 😁

ZywyPL

Banned
The thing with upcoming next-gen consoles and TVs is, the games will undoubtedly target the lowest common dominator, which is and for a good couple of years will be 4K60/HDMI2.0. As much as HDMI2.1 with 120Hz, VRR, ALLM etc, sounds like a dream finally come true, I have very little confidence that anyone with a 120Hz panel will see much, if any, benefits compared to standard 60Hz displays that make the whole majority of the market, let alone a HDMI2.1-capable TV.

Because as much as on the hardware side consoles are now basically a fixed-spec PCs, on the software side they are still consoles, where everything is fixed/locked-up, and if the publishers decide to not to implement HDMI2.1 features into their games because very little consumers will be actually able to utilize them, then people with more advanced TV sets will be basically left with unused tech. Take HDR for example, you can literally count on both hands how many games actually utilize it, so it doesn't matter if you have a basic 400$ 4K TV or a 3000$ OLED, 99.9% of the games are the same on both. MS is pushing some of the HDMI2.1 features with X1X already, they openly talk abut high framerates for their upcoming consoles, so i'm confident in their 1st party titles, but how many of them are there vs the rest of the world?

As for the TV themselves, I'm personally looking forward to miniLED technology - micro LED on paper seems to be the ultimate, flawless technology, but we are not getting this tech anytime soon, OLED with its burn-in issue is a no go, I'd understand/accept it if the displays were much cheaper than LCDs, but they're not, they are way more expensive while potentially having this fatal flaw, miniLED on the other hand is looking to be extremely promising, with early models like TCL X10 for example having blacks and contrast comparable with OLEDs, brilliant color reproduction, even higher peak brightness than current standard LCDs, and all the benefits of typical LCD technology that is fast response time, low input lag, high refresh rate. It basically brings second life to LCD technology and creates a nice bridge that fills the gap between standard LCD technology and future microLED panels. So IMO January 2021 will be the best time to start looking on a next-gen-oriented TV set, especially that by then we will know exactly what the consoles are capable of, and what picture/display technologies the games will or will not support.

im glad you guys are bringing tvs up, im trying upgrade to 8k future proof, but i have not found 1 sound reciever yet that im confident in
Im after a new receiver, wanting one with atmos and preouts for fronts, but no point yet as I cant even setup my rear speakers till we get the room done up, so just playing waiting game.

I would hold off till they include hdmi 2.1 as I believe that there are currently no receivers that include it. Otherwise you'll have to plug the new consoles direct to the tv to take advantage of the new features.

SaucyJack

The thing with upcoming next-gen consoles and TVs is, the games will undoubtedly target the lowest common dominator, which is and for a good couple of years will be 4K60/HDMI2.0. As much as HDMI2.1 with 120Hz, VRR, ALLM etc, sounds like a dream finally come true, I have very little confidence that anyone with a 120Hz panel will see much, if any, benefits compared to standard 60Hz displays that make the whole majority of the market, let alone a HDMI2.1-capable TV.

Because as much as on the hardware side consoles are now basically a fixed-spec PCs, on the software side they are still consoles, where everything is fixed/locked-up, and if the publishers decide to not to implement HDMI2.1 features into their games because very little consumers will be actually able to utilize them, then people with more advanced TV sets will be basically left with unused tech. Take HDR for example, you can literally count on both hands how many games actually utilize it, so it doesn't matter if you have a basic 400$ 4K TV or a 3000$ OLED, 99.9% of the games are the same on both. MS is pushing some of the HDMI2.1 features with X1X already, they openly talk abut high framerates for their upcoming consoles, so i'm confident in their 1st party titles, but how many of them are there vs the rest of the world?

As for the TV themselves, I'm personally looking forward to miniLED technology - micro LED on paper seems to be the ultimate, flawless technology, but we are not getting this tech anytime soon, OLED with its burn-in issue is a no go, I'd understand/accept it if the displays were much cheaper than LCDs, but they're not, they are way more expensive while potentially having this fatal flaw, miniLED on the other hand is looking to be extremely promising, with early models like TCL X10 for example having blacks and contrast comparable with OLEDs, brilliant color reproduction, even higher peak brightness than current standard LCDs, and all the benefits of typical LCD technology that is fast response time, low input lag, high refresh rate. It basically brings second life to LCD technology and creates a nice bridge that fills the gap between standard LCD technology and future microLED panels. So IMO January 2021 will be the best time to start looking on a next-gen-oriented TV set, especially that by then we will know exactly what the consoles are capable of, and what picture/display technologies the games will or will not support.

OLED a “no go”. Puhleese. Hyperbole much.

Mriverz

Hows the Vizio Quantum X? Compared to lets say a oled and a tcl 8 series? I know vizio will be releasing their 2020 models with hdmi 2.1 and so on

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
My LG OLED has had thousands of hours of gaming, is a 2017 model, and also thousands of hours of TV, including that bastard peppa pig... An no burn in, at all, from any hud, element or whatever... And there are games I've put hundreds of hours into alone as well...

Odd that... It's almost like if you take care of your TV, it lasts? Weird...

LED Guy?

Banned
I kind agree with demigod demigod
While he was harsh I understand that as a employee of Digital Foundry you should put your voice to make it a better place.

It is shameful that any bad PS5 rumor become first page there in less than 24hours while any positive news take weeks if ever posted there.

I know MS pays to make the “reveal”... it is fine and I believe they should continue giving first news from MS.

But they need to take the other e serious without bias too.

Dark is part of that no matter anybody tries to spin it or act like victim.

Said that you were too harsh with your frustration Demi... I’m frustrated too but a bit of politely is always good ;)

BTW it is not the firsttime that we put in the table that there is something wrong with DF and it becoming frustrating... I should prefer to DF never cover PlayStation news anymore if that continues.
Yeah I agree with you, I do not know why demigod demigod was too aggressive like that, he’s a cool guy on this forum, looks like he made a mistake, I actually agreed with that comment when he was replying to John Linneman but I didn’t agree with his aggressiveness at all, I mean, yeah constructive criticism should be taken here, yes, but going too far like that is only gonna bounce against him.

But about Digital Foundry, I feel like since Richard Leadbetter’s reveal specs of Xbox One X by Microsoft and when they flew him to Microsoft’s HQ at Redmond, I felt like DF was becoming leaning more towards Xbox, I remember in one of the DF Directs, Richard Leadbetter said something like (I’m paraphrasing here) “if you expect PS5 to have more than 8 TF for Its GPU then you’re out of touch with reality” and he said this right after Mark Cerny had gone to WIRED to publish their 1st PS5 article on April 16th, 2019.

I feel like DF is making good positive Xbox news but when the PS5 has actual good news like when AMD confirmed RDNA 2 GPU for PS5, they don’t respond by making a videoupdate or maybe further discussing the GitHub leak nor any of that, even though the GitHub leak wasn’t confirmed by Sony, like at all.

Don’t get me wrong, Digital Foundry is the most reliable and most honest games analysis channel out there and they tell it like it is, but since the Xbox One X, I feel like they’re kinda skewed a little bit, maybe Microsoft has a paid them a lot of money for sponsoring and all that, I remember that embarrassing video they’ve made about RTX on VS RTX off and that Control game screenshot that Alex Battaglia made which he took the picture at the worst possible scenario and compared it to the RTX ON shot, which is disingenuous to be honest with you, but whatever, they’re still an amazing channel.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned

Great points there. By the way, microLED is LCD as well, OLED will die prematurely with rumors that even LG might drop it sooner than later for its upcoming flagships as it's lagging behind. Problem is they've already made a stupid move by canceling LCD's and having 3rd party doing it for them. Panasonic new tech of cooling might be the smartest and they even claim 1000 nits for their LG-panel OLED!

But most games are utilizing HDR, so I'm not with you on that matter, I would say if you already have a good 4K@60Hz with HDR you don't have to upgrade, it's just only like seeking better but not margainly better. Only heard screen tearing from X1X though, never experienced that on PS4/pro.

But if you are upgrading to 4K/8K, then those are some suggestions that might lead you to you preferable choice. Warm regards.

kareemna

Great points there. By the way, microLED is LCD as well, OLED will die prematurely with rumors that even LG might drop it sooner than later for its upcoming flagships as it's lagging behind. Problem is they've already made a stupid move by canceling LCD's and having 3rd party doing it for them. Panasonic new tech of cooling might be the smartest and they even claim 1000 nits for their LG-panel OLED!

But most games are utilizing HDR, so I'm not with you on that matter, I would say if you already have a good 4K@60Hz with HDR you don't have to upgrade, it's just only like seeking better but not margainly better. Only heard screen tearing from X1X though, never experienced that on PS4/pro.

But if you are upgrading to 4K/8K, then those are some suggestions that might lead you to you preferable choice. Warm regards.

IPS tech currently in use is proprietary to LG, how did they cancel their LCDs?

Evilms

Banned
Yeah I agree with you, I do not know why demigod demigod was too aggressive like that, he’s a cool guy on this forum, looks like he made a mistake, I actually agreed with that comment when he was replying to John Linneman but I didn’t agree with his aggressiveness at all, I mean, yeah constructive criticism should be taken here, yes, but going too far like that is only gonna bounce against him.

But about Digital Foundry, I feel like since Richard Leadbetter’s reveal specs of Xbox One X by Microsoft and when they flew him to Microsoft’s HQ at Redmond, I felt like DF was becoming leaning more towards Xbox, I remember in one of the DF Directs, Richard Leadbetter said something like (I’m paraphrasing here) “if you expect PS5 to have more than 8 TF for Its GPU then you’re out of touch with reality” and he said this right after Mark Cerny had gone to WIRED to publish their 1st PS5 article on April 16th, 2019.

I feel like DF is making good positive Xbox news but when the PS5 has actual good news like when AMD confirmed RDNA 2 GPU for PS5, they don’t respond by making a videoupdate or maybe further discussing the GitHub leak nor any of that, even though the GitHub leak wasn’t confirmed by Sony, like at all.

Don’t get me wrong, Digital Foundry is the most reliable and most honest games analysis channel out there and they tell it like it is, but since the Xbox One X, I feel like they’re kinda skewed a little bit, maybe Microsoft has a paid them a lot of money for sponsoring and all that, I remember that embarrassing video they’ve made about RTX on VS RTX off and that Control game screenshot that Alex Battaglia made which he took the picture at the worst possible scenario and compared it to the RTX ON shot, which is disingenuous to be honest with you, but whatever, they’re still an amazing channel.

Not only digital foundry, there are other interesting alternatives such as NXGamer, VG Tech or Gamingbolt, which also do a good job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom