• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

nowhat

They sometimes make interesting videos like red dead redemption 2 pc, and it's always good to have many alternatives instead of just one.
In my experience all they do is reiterate talking points or research done by others - while it may be slickly presented, it's hardly original work. But to each their own.

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
Probably was already shared, but saw this. Worth marking 18th of March in your calendar for some new information.

Game Stack Live Schedule
Day 2 - March 18, 2020
10:40 Panel: How online services are defining the next generation of game development
11:40 Xbox Series X + Project xCloud = New Chapter in Gaming
12:40 The spark of creativity that drives Double Fine

//Team Game Stack
See the source for the whole schedule, but most of it doesn't have anything to do with next gen.

TechpowerUp updated it yesterday. Was there any new leak or rumor that could lead them to this?

8i52ORL.jpg

FranXico

TechpowerUp updated it yesterday. Was there any new leak or rumor that could lead them to this?
I think it's just placeholder values based on speculation now that AMD announced RDNA2. Same as before when they used the github specs. Nobody knows yet.

ZywyPL

Banned

It says "Based off of speculation/reddit and other sources online" on the bottom, but it's all obviously fake - 505 mm² die size for just the GPU alone vs ~400 of the entire XBX APU, sure, why not. Not to mention from where TPU could get the actual transistor numbers, pixel rate, or texture rate? Those data are never actually revealed, even after a console is discontinued. 60CU = Press X for Doubt. FP64 calculation = no comment. DX12 version, just... All the specs are obviously made-up around the 13TF suggestions, but whoever made this update obviously had no idea what he was doing.

ethomaz

Banned

Updated with speculation based in the RDNA 2 confirmation by AMD.
It is basically what they guess it could be now they know it is RDNA 2.
See they are using most of they know about Navi 21.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
It says "Based off of speculation/reddit and other sources online" on the bottom, but it's all obviously fake - 505 mm² die size for just the GPU alone vs ~400 of the entire XBX APU, sure, why not. Not to mention from where TPU could get the actual transistor numbers, pixel rate, or texture rate? Those data are never actually revealed, even after a console is discontinued. 60CU = Press X for Doubt. FP64 calculation = no comment. DX12 version, just... All the specs are obviously made-up around the 13TF suggestions, but whoever made this update obviously had no idea what he was doing.
It is a place holder copy from RDNA 2/Navi 21.

Who made the update clearly havethe ideia of what he was doing after RDNA 2 confirmation.

IkarugaDE

My LG OLED has had thousands of hours of gaming, is a 2017 model, and also thousands of hours of TV, including that bastard peppa pig... An no burn in, at all, from any hud, element or whatever... And there are games I've put hundreds of hours into alone as well...

Odd that... It's almost like if you take care of your TV, it lasts? Weird...

You're absolutely right. However, I see it similar to ZywyPL ZywyPL . The fact alone there IS the possibility that something burns in. And honestly? I don't want to be "punished" for this because I use my television. I don't want to worry about a possible burn-in all the time. Why is there a possibility to use a television "wrong" at all?

To give an example: I often played Tetris Effect (PS4) with a buddy on his OLED and unfortunately the lines and the high score burned in. For me this is actually a NoGo. I don't want to pause my game just because a technology can't balance it out on its own. I love Tetris Effect and I don't want to be afraid to play it.

That was the reason why I chose a QLED.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I've come to the opinion that it's impossible to avoid it. I've worked super hard to NOT make console war style videos over the past couple years. That has been my main objective. Even then, they were used in that way. That's why I'm mostly split between Retro (my preferred content) and stuff like those feature videos (ie - Death Stranding, Gears 5, Days Gone etc). I just like to showcase what makes games beautiful while helping people learn. Comparisons can be interesting when the differences are massive, though, but they rarely are these days. That's why I still enjoy doing Switch videos as the sacrifices tend to be huge.

Now that we have a new gen? This is going to suck so much. It's really not much fun anymore. I used to love these hype cycles but things have become too personal and nasty as of late. It's never enough to disagree - they have to tear others down.

Oh how I wish I could just cover retro stuff full-time - that's where my actual interests are these days. I'm fairly positive, at least, that I own more games on various PlayStation platforms than like 95% of the folks in this thread anyways (~1027 physical games + 315 digital for PS platforms).

Either way, with things escalating, I'll probably have to take a long hiatus from the various forums as it really gets to me even when it shouldn't. It's not healthy.

Also - just in case people missed this I *DO NOT* make videos based on rumors and the like. That's not what I do personally. So if you dislike that type of content, that's fine, but leave me out of it. A lot of people DO enjoy it, though.

ZywyPL

Banned
But that’s really not what your post was saying. You made an absolute statement and it’s bollocks.

Just because the burn-in discussion is there, floating around all over the world alone means there is undoubtedly an issue. It's not a coincidence no one ever mentioned burning-in in regards to LCD displays. But the current OLED situation/doubts remind me of the same what was happening with plasma Tvs 15-20 years ago, and exactly like with plasmas back in that day there were many naysayers in the early days, but those people mostly never actually bought the displays themselves (hypocrisy at it's best), or the issue just didn't affected them yet, but as more and more time passed more and more people had experienced the issue, I witnessed myself many friends and family members TVs burning-in sooner or later, 1 year in, 5 years in, it just eventually happened, whereas whoever bought an LCD 5, 10, 15 or even 20 years ago still has a perfectly functioning TV. Current OLEDs are merely 2-3 year old, but give them ~5 more years, and we will see what's what, but just looking at how many people are reporting the burn-in in their OLEDs here on Neogaf, let alone other forums/websites is more than enough for me to raise a red flag and ask myself if the OLED picture is really worth such gamble.

Garjon

I've come to the opinion that it's impossible to avoid it. I've worked super hard to NOT make console war style videos over the past couple years. That has been my main objective. Even then, they were used in that way. That's why I'm mostly split between Retro (my preferred content) and stuff like those feature videos (ie - Death Stranding, Gears 5, Days Gone etc). I just like to showcase what makes games beautiful while helping people learn. Comparisons can be interesting when the differences are massive, though, but they rarely are these days. That's why I still enjoy doing Switch videos as the sacrifices tend to be huge.

Now that we have a new gen? This is going to suck so much. It's really not much fun anymore. I used to love these hype cycles but things have become too personal and nasty as of late. It's never enough to disagree - they have to tear others down.

Oh how I wish I could just cover retro stuff full-time - that's where my actual interests are these days. I'm fairly positive, at least, that I own more games on various PlayStation platforms than like 95% of the folks in this thread anyways (~1027 physical games + 315 digital for PS platforms).

Either way, with things escalating, I'll probably have to take a long hiatus from the various forums as it really gets to me even when it shouldn't. It's not healthy.

Also - just in case people missed this I *DO NOT* make videos based on rumors and the like. That's not what I do personally. So if you dislike that type of content, that's fine, but leave me out of it. A lot of people DO enjoy it, though.
Really sorry to hear that. It is silly how much personal worth people place on their favourite box. It'd be a massive shame if it forced you out of speaking about your passion like that.

EDIT: Just caught up, wtf! Reading posts like that make me wish the virus delays the consoles until 2025

Last edited:

Hostile_18

Banned
Well balanced and thought out critique is always welcome here but some of those attacks on D dark10x and/digital foundry are pretty shameful to be honest, not what I'd expect on Neogaf since the split. Reasons like this are why we don't have many insiders/industry professionals here anymore.

Please just ignore the trolls and focus on 90% of the members here that love your content/ the channel. ♥️

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
The pigeon is merely flying at an altitude lower than he usually flies due to bad weather, and as such, will raise by at least a good 100-150 feet by the time everything clears up. Just so you know.

But it’s important to note...

Is still pigeon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom