• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

xacto

Jesus, is this guy following Timdog and Misterxmedia? He's the most biased dev I've ever seen.

dZ2GCds.png

This is the Dynamic Voltage guy... At least he's trying hard to be someone 🤣

Banned
When a person says the exclusives doesn't sell consoles:

z65hvIQ.jpg

I am sure the people buy Switch for its great services lol

Nintendo is an extreme outlier here. Nintendo games are almost always the best selling games on their Systems, meanwhile Sony's and Microsoft's games are lucky to be in the top 10 of their respective systems.

Nintendo sells systems almost entirely because people want to play their games. Sony and MS sell consoles because people want to play CoD, Fifa, Assassin's Creed and whatever the newest multiplayer craze is at any given time.

Also out of the big 3 Nintendo makes BY FAR the best games and games that are extremely broad in their appeal

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
Nintendo is an extreme outlier here. Nintendo games are almost always the best selling games on their Systems, meanwhile Sony's and Microsoft's games are lucky to be in the top 10 of their respective systems.

Nintendo sells systems almost entirely because people want to play their games. Sony and MS sell consoles because people want to play CoD, Fifa, Assassin's Creed and whatever the newest multiplayer craze is at any given time.

Also out of the big 3 Nintendo makes BY FAR the best games and games that are extremely broad in their appeal
I don’t know.
I believe Sony sales and loyalty are directly related with their first-party output.

Banned
I don’t know.
I believe Sony sales and loyalty are directly related with their first-party output.

I don't think so. it's more the brand. PlayStation is a very strong brand. Look at how absolutely abysmal the PS3 launched. terrible system in basically every regard... the OS didn't have essential features that even the og Xbox already had like friends lists.
the launch lineup and game lineup for the first year or two was abysmal and every single multiplat ran like absolute shit on it for a few years.

yet, was is a disaster? nope, in fact it quickly caught up in monthly sales to the 360.
you can't explain that through exclusives, the average consumer just saw "oh it's the new PlayStation" and that was enough, even tho the 360 was destroying the PS3 when it came to the game lineup and game quality + way better OS for a couple of years.

the PS3 didn't start outselling the 360 monthly, even if it was only by a tiny amount, because of games or a great user experience, it did so because it was a PlayStation, and specially in Europe that name is good enough for many to buy the console.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
I don't think so. it's more the brand. PlayStation is a very strong brand. Look at how absolutely abysmal the PS3 launched. terrible system in basically every regard... the OS didn't have essential features that even the og Xbox already had like friends lists.
the launch lineup and game lineup for the first year or two was abysmal and every single multiplat ran like absolute shit on it for a few years.

yet, was is a disaster? nope, in fact it quickly caught up in monthly sales to the 360.
you can't explain that through exclusives, the average consumer just saw "oh it's the new PlayStation" and that was enough, even tho the 360 was destroying the PS3 when it came to the game lineup and game quality + way better OS for a couple of years.

the PS3 didn't start outselling the 360 monthly, even if it was only by a tiny amount, because of games or a great user experience, it did so because it was a PlayStation, and specially in Europ that name is good enough for many to buy the console.
Games recovered PS3.
When the first-party output started to hit the console become the hot device.
After the late in the gen was the first-party games for PS3 that build the road to PS4 success.
TLOU made people want to migrate to PS4 and better make 360 users wants to have a PS4.

First-party build loyalty... it is no different from Nintendo.

IMO unless the situation drastic changes I predict a even worst generation start to MS than they had with Xbox One because again Sony build with PS4 first-party the road to PS5.
MS just lose loyalty again... same happened at end of 360 too that had way more success than XB1.

Sony is using the same win-win strategy: PS3 to PS4, PS4 to PS5.
MS is using the same lose-lose strategy: 360 to XB1, XB1 to Xbox.

Last edited:

Gamernyc78

Banned
Games recovered PS3.
When the first-party output started to hit the console become the hot device.
After the late in the gen was the first-party games for PS3 that build the road to PS4 success.
TLOU made people want to migrate to PS4 and better make 360 users wants to have a PS4.

First-party build loyalty... it is no different from Nintendo.

IMO unless the situation drastic changes I predict a even worst generation start to MS than they had with Xbox One because again Sony build with PS4 first-party the road to PS5.
MS just lose loyalty again... same happened at end of 360 too that had way more success than XB1.

Sony is using the same win-win strategy: PS3 to PS4, PS4 to PS5.
MS is using the same lose-lose strategy: 360 to XB1, XB1 to Xbox.

No but Xbox x closed the gap and brought them good will 🤦‍♂️/s

In what world do some of these ppl live in?

Lort

Banned
Regarding PS5 SSD is faster in every way and there is not a single compression technique in XSX which will make his SSD faster than PS5s overall. Not nearly enough to make up for the massive advantage PS5 has here and that's it

The compression is supposed to be significantly better on xbox ...meaning that the the equivalent quality will require less SSD speed. The xbox gpu will also enable more layers, the memory bandwidth more textures and layers per frame.

The xbox will look better and a higher frame rate.

-kb-

The compression is supposed to be significantly better on xbox ...meaning that the the equivalent quality will require less SSD speed. The xbox gpu will also enable more layers, the memory bandwidth more textures and layers per frame.

I dont think 'significantly' better is the right word, from what i read its around 20% better sometimes.

The xbox 360 proved playstation is beatable.

Mobile phones and tablets proved that the whole console industry can be made to play second fiddle.

The PS3 eventually outsold the X360 somehow, at least from the numbers we have.

Last edited:

icy121

I'm assuming you're referring to game sales in totality, right? In that case, I 100% agree. However, independent of that are monthly NPD sales - of which Sony exclusives frequent. The last couple that didn't chart are Concrete Genie and Dreams.

I'm not sure what the metrics are for Xbox exclusives given that all them are on Gamepass. For instance, would Crackdown 3 have even charted on NPD if it wasn't on Gamepass?

ethomaz

Banned

The compression is indeed better on Xbox but the base speed is too below to make any difference.
At the end even with compression you are looking at 4.8GB/s (50% compression) vs 8-9GB/s (30-40% compression).

Gamernyc78

Banned
I'm assuming you're referring to game sales in totality, right? In that case, I 100% agree. However, independent of that are monthly NPD sales - of which Sony exclusives frequent. The last couple that didn't chart are Concrete Genie and Dreams.

I'm not sure what the metrics are for Xbox exclusives given that all them are on Gamepass. For instance, would Crackdown 3 have even charted on NPD if it wasn't on Gamepass?
There is no clear metric for Xbox exclusives anymore. But they still sell independently from gamepass. They were doing poorly with Xbox one before game pass and I doubt crackdown 3 would have even charted.

Last edited:

Neo_game

If they have same resolution then Xbox will probably have slightly more fps or stable fps. If they scale the PS5 resolution by some 25% it will be same or probably PS5 will be better.

Just had a look at that thread on reera where Dicktater proclaimed ssd won’t contribute to open world etc. Even the soy boy contingent there universally went Huh?

There’s nothing to see here. Just another poorly informed individual with minor clout. Clout that’s evaporating fast after a show of ignorance.

How did this guy become an editor at DF?

Just goes to show you that you can spout off a bunch of technobabble nonsense with no basis in reality and convince people you know what you're talking about. I mean, I literally cannot believe someone is saying that open world games do not rely heavily on streaming data constantly. That lies completely in the face of everything we know about open world games, even if a lot of them are enacting procedural methods to help alleviate some of those issues.

No offense to D dark10x because I actually do enjoy his stuff in comparison

B_Boss

The xbox 360 proved playstation is beatable.

Mobile phones and tablets proved that the whole console industry can be made to play second fiddle.

Well look at what ol’ Crazy Ken said: MS surely beat Sony but for a moment. Sony, as history showed, got back up and kept pushing forward. Though I’m not sure MS won “by accident” in the case of the PS3v360 (perhaps bad strategic decisions were made by Sony?) but MS took advantage and knocked me’ down. Fascinating times in gaming and for the history of both companies.

Last edited:

And here XSX SSD compression comes in = 4.8 GB/s, compared to PS5s SSD.......you know, obviously. Man, just quit

Last edited:

I thought we moved from PS5 being RDNA1 after some Xbox users keep eating crow after crow about that.
Have you followed the source?

Have you seen there's no mention of anything said in that tweet?

Have you realized how bullshit and deceiving these people are?

What is most hilarious is that this person take seriously what blue nugroho, MisterXmedia, Timdog or colteastwoodor any of this "techguys" spews. :D

Last edited:

ghausst

Neo Member
At this point Cerny is probably assessing what went wrong, cause the devs fooled him, all they wanted was to get rid of load times....
Because devs don't care about how much hours they invest into making a game and shit, all they care about is for the players to have no load times, it was their number one priority all this time.

SgtCaffran

This is why I really wanna hear what games VFXveteran says are coming to PC. I wanna know if I have to jump a sinking ship.
He doesn't know shit lol. Sony confirmed that Sony first party games will stay exclusive. Now this doesn't mean that no further games will land on PC but I'm sure it will take quite a bit of time before they will.

PS5 will be the exclusive platform.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom