• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

xacto

I have not tried Conan, seems like its a good thing lol.

As for bloodborne i did get the platinum trophy for it however there was a boss called the Defiled amygdala, it took me a week to kill the bloody thing, like 30 attempts a night for six nights. Apparently this boss was not meant to be even hard but it sure as hell gave me a backside probing.

Love bloodborne

I agree, Bloodborne is a very good game.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
It's funny when America bombed my country and killed over 2million and all of them were innocents and stole our oil no one gave a shit. Such an unfortunate world lol
Everyone shits on Trump playing golf, but Obama's favorite past time was bombing weddings and funerals.

The Rwanda massacre was taking place during E3 1994. 1 million dead. Didnt Sony reveal the PS5 in May 2005? Pretty sure Fallujah was burning back then. February 2013 was ISIS terrorizing half of middle east and no one gave a shit. Now a bunch of anarchists take over some peaceful protests and Sony grows a conscience. Sure.

HAL-01

Needless pandering for internet virtue signalling brownie points and/or not wanting to be #Cancelled for putting on a show and providing some much-needed entertainment and levity. Can we stop this trent of entertainments companies pandering to people that were never going to buy their product anyway?

WTF are random faceless corporations like Sony, from Japan no less, supposed to do? It's upto USA government to sanction the law enforcement. But then again it's all bullshit anyway. White people paid to damage property and instigate riots, so they can then turn around and blame blacks/muddy the narrative away from the police violence towards rioter destruction/class war. So, it's going to be an on-going bunch of BS either way.

Oh and, by the way, USA isn't the most important company in the world FFS. Thanks a lot, Sony.
Yep. lets not forget about global warming. This year is set to be the warmest year on record. Do we really need to celebrate video games when our kids are going to die from hurricanes?

NO! Enough is enough. we must delay the PS5 until we can fix global warming. Microsoft has the right idea. Lets make games designed on the base xbox one for the next 80 years. Cross gen forever.

Gamernyc78

Banned
AKA the reaction from someone with a heart that doesn’t have emotional or social development issues.

Being disappointed is fine. You can be disappointed, pissed, deflated and still ultimately agree with the decision, and recognise that there’s more to be angry about at the moment.

But ppl still have valid points. Let's not offend or discount anyone's else's views on that matter.

Swadedtx

Banned
It's about how they die, and by whom. A black man was murdered by a police officer who is supposed to serve and protect him.

There are many cases of police officers killing black people due to racial profiling, of course. But I've seen a few videos and it always seemed to me the police officer was panicking or acting stressfully in the situation (like the infamous video last year when a police officer shot a black man inside his car after freaking when the black driver calmly told him he had a gun as he slowly went for his license). It was horrible, but you could see the police officer freaked out. It was a horrible mistake caused by inexperience and racial profiling.

WARNING: Video contains disturbing images - DO NOT WATCH IF YOU'RE UNSURE YOU CAN HANDLE IT

The George Floyd case is different, however. The coip murdered him in a calm, orderly, calculated fashion which almost seemed surreal. It was like the Law was telling black people "We can end you whenever we feel like it, and you just have to sit down and take it." This is what made thousands of black and white sympathizers to go apeshit and protest (and riot). It's a slap in the face of human rights for many people and they want change and justice. You can just equate this to a murder charge or a terrorist hit. These things happen by people who want to hurt you.

George Floyd was murdered by a man who was supposed to keep him safe, and was murdered in a way that rivals dogs being put down.

The issue is no one has a plan instead they attack cops when cops aren't the real problem. American cops originated as the slave patrol the slave patrol rounded up slaves that ran away from their rich owners. The Problem is the pedophiles who rule the world and create the rules for society. The cops are built to protect the rich they aren't punished for their crimes. Look at Jim Irsay got arrested with a briefcase full of money and pounds of narcotics, there was also a body of dead woman in one of his condos. Robert Kraft had a set trafficking ring. All pedophile rings run through Columbus Ohio a Epstein victim.

Who creates the law? Copy certainly don't they can't even police there own neighborhoods which would be a major step to solving brutality.

Bo_Hazem

Banned

43mcvb.jpg

I see I just got somewhere to comment. I guess they did decide to postpone it. I’m sorry all gamers. PS5 event was I know was exciting event to ease the mind of gamers.

Like I told you yesterday when I posted the decision would be made today at some point. I assumed since they started Heavy ad campaign they decide to. But Sony broke the official news it was postponed before I even heard from my Dev source. Sorry Guys and Gals.

But ppl still have valid points. Let's not offend or discount anyone's else's views on that matter.

I don’t have a problem with people that have raised valid points. I also don’t particularly care about offending people that are not just angry but betraying what they really think about what’s going on in the world all because some game commercials got delayed.

Msamy

Everyone shits on Trump playing golf, but Obama's favorite past time was bombing weddings and funerals.

The Rwanda massacre was taking place during E3 1994. 1 million dead. Didnt Sony reveal the PS5 in May 2005? Pretty sure Fallujah was burning back then. February 2013 was ISIS terrorizing half of middle east and no one gave a shit. Now a bunch of anarchists take over some peaceful protests and Sony grows a conscience. Sure.
What Sony do when millions of Syrian people's died and lost their homes in past 7 year's? What Sony do when Isis destroyed full country , raped and killed millions of people's in Iraq ? What Sony do when Hong Kong protests happened ? What Sony do to thousand of doctors died from covid 19 because they fighting to save millions of people's around world ? And so many long list of questions that can asked to Sony

Radical_3d

XDDDDDDDD

Maybe someone at Sony is actually reading.
If I were Sony I’d keep things quiet until the reserves frame period. No show in June. Nothing in summer. Keep us starving until October. And then… big time event with all the games. “Do you want this s**t? It comes out in four weeks. You can preorder it… now!”

Just to see what happens.

Last edited:

yewles1

You quote a three week old post of mine just to prove me wrong when I jokingly made a comment about Lisa Su being Team Sony because she made the cell.

I ignored you so you quoted a guy who laughed at my joke, and he took your bait. After a few back and forths you did you finally did your research and came upon this little nugget.

You underlined the bit about Jim being the lead architect, but forgot to notice the 'have been involved with the cell project from day one' bit. That indicates both were involved with the cell from day one. it's bizarre because the interview you posted literally interviews both Lisa and Jim. Does it really matter who was the lead architect? Are we really being that petty? What did you want her to do? Solder or weld the cell onto each ps3 herself?

Your quote literally proves you wrong.
Poor Peter Hofstee, he never gets any credit...

Sinthor

Gold Member
I have not tried Conan, seems like its a good thing lol.

As for bloodborne i did get the platinum trophy for it however there was a boss called the Defiled amygdala, it took me a week to kill the bloody thing, like 30 attempts a night for six nights. Apparently this boss was not meant to be even hard but it sure as hell gave me a backside probing.

Love bloodborne

OMG. Reminds me of Dark Souls III when the Ashes of Arendiel came out. I had a NG+8 character and was playing with a group of friends. No big deal and they got tons of souls for doing the level as my summons. UNTIL I got to the last boss (won't spoil it in case someone hasn't played). That MF'er! We would get him down to almost no health and then he'd do that stupid move and ONE SHOT me. Nothing I could do. Even having your shield up won't work. Plus he almost teleports around, so you can think you're 'safe' and then WHAM! You're dead! So I even tried just running away from that bastard when we'd get him down to very little health left, but because of the way he tracks and fixes on the main player....he'd be almost across the area but still manage to 'teleport' over to me and WHAM! Dead again!

My friends and I gave up after...and I'm not exaggerating....more than 40 attempts. I ended up lucking out and beating him the next day with different summons. At least it let me tell my buddies that THEY were clearly the problem since I beat him with others. But...damn. I've never actually 'rage quit' anything, but I truly came close that night.

sircaw

Banned
OMG. Reminds me of Dark Souls III when the Ashes of Arendiel came out. I had a NG+8 character and was playing with a group of friends. No big deal and they got tons of souls for doing the level as my summons. UNTIL I got to the last boss (won't spoil it in case someone hasn't played). That MF'er! We would get him down to almost no health and then he'd do that stupid move and ONE SHOT me. Nothing I could do. Even having your shield up won't work. Plus he almost teleports around, so you can think you're 'safe' and then WHAM! You're dead! So I even tried just running away from that bastard when we'd get him down to very little health left, but because of the way he tracks and fixes on the main player....he'd be almost across the area but still manage to 'teleport' over to me and WHAM! Dead again!

My friends and I gave up after...and I'm not exaggerating....more than 40 attempts. I ended up lucking out and beating him the next day with different summons. At least it let me tell my buddies that THEY were clearly the problem since I beat him with others. But...damn. I've never actually 'rage quit' anything, but I truly came close that night.
Yer i feel ya, the problem with summons, it makes the bosses easier if your friends know what they are doing but also gives the bosses a bigger healthpool. If your friends suck , all it did was just make the game 100 times harder lol.

Last edited:

Thirty7ven

Banned
I don’t have a problem with people that have raised valid points. I also don’t particularly care about offending people that are not just angry but betraying what they really think about what’s going on in the world all because some game commercials got delayed.

People just want some sunshine. After months of lockdown and state of emergency and the media convincing us we are in for a world of economic hurt, finally seemed like we could all engage in a bit of fun. Sports are out, theater etc is out.

People are just fed up. I bet Sony wouldn’t postpone a goddamn thing if the event was happening during the Hong Kong riots.

Its a business decision, that’s all.

Gamernyc78

Banned

And likewise ppl don't care about that virtue signaling shit. Sony stopping or continuing their presentation neither stops or continues tht fire. Thy not tht important so it goes both ways which is ppls valid points. Dudes act like thy ain't going to be watching their favorite show on Netflix while this shit is going on. Alot of cappin going on.

Either way I can only talk about me and I see the logic in views, other than mine.

Gamernyc78

Banned
People just want some sunshine. After months of lockdown and state of emergency and the media convincing us we are in for a world of economic hurt, finally seemed like we could all engage in a bit of fun. Sports are out, theater etc is out.

People are just fed up. I bet Sony wouldn’t postpone a goddamn thing if the event was happening during the Hong Kong riots.

Its a business decision, that’s all.

.... This 10000000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom