• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinthor

Gold Member
Yer i feel ya, the problem with summons, it makes the bosses easier if your friends know what they are doing but also gives the bosses a bigger healthpool. If your friends suck , all it did was just make the game 100 times harder lol.

Yeah, well, it was a good group of players. It was just that boss. At NG8+ it's max difficulty. That other dragon is technically harder, but it didn't teleport around and one shot me, so you could recover from a mistake, if you knew what you were doing. THIS boss...damn. He's across the arena attacking someone else, then ZAP! he teleports over and SLAM! One shot kill. lol. It was actually pretty damn funny in a lot of ways. After that I stopped playing my NG8+ character. I was like "that's enough!"

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
AKA the reaction from someone with a heart that doesn’t have emotional or social development issues.

Being disappointed is fine. You can be disappointed, pissed, deflated and still ultimately agree with the decision, and recognise that there’s more to be angry about at the moment.
George Floyd was murdered on May 26th. Sony announced their event on May 29th.

Was Sony not angry about Floyd's murder on the 29th?

Or is this about the unrest in the U.S caused by a bunch of hooligans who have taken over peaceful protests and turned this once in a generation movement where white people and black people have finally come together to protest police brutality, and turned them into riots?

There was a thread on era a few months ago that got stickied for at least a couple of months. It detailed how China was forcing Muslim men to work as slaves in their PS4, Switch and Xbox factories to make sure high demand for consoles during coronavirus could be met. Meanwhile, they were taking Muslim women from that region and marrying them off to lonely chinese men. No one gave a shit. Sony had their Road to PS5 reveal. Everyone played and loved RE7, Half Life Alyx, Doom and FF7.

To me, raping women and slavery are far worse crimes than a bunch of hooligans rioting after curfew. But I guess that means i have emotional and social developmental issues.

Degree

Banned
People just want some sunshine. After months of lockdown and state of emergency and the media convincing us we are in for a world of economic hurt, finally seemed like we could all engage in a bit of fun. Sports are out, theater etc is out.

People are just fed up. I bet Sony wouldn’t postpone a goddamn thing if the event was happening during the Hong Kong riots.

Its a business decision, that’s all.

yeah. I don’t get this. It’s not like people requested Sony to cancel this. No one would say anything at all if they would do the show. Hopefully the delay is not too long

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
What the fuck is that? imagine cancelling everything because bunch of people are acting like a degenerates in america, wow. Btw. these self-indulgent tweets from biggest corporations on earth make me cringe hard.

Beside you terrible disrespect......you should think about the fact that EA wants their announcement to be heard and seen by as many people as possible. They probably feel as if what's on the news will distract people from watching their event.

It makes sense.

SlimySnake

OH now tht make sense to me if thts the case, then I agree.
ok that makes more sense.

they could've pushed it up a day though. ;p

they have definitely put themselves in a tricky position though. like how many days after the funeral is it ok to celebrate games? 1 day, 2 days? a week?

you cant put a date on healing. i dont see the protests calming down after the funeral. if anything its going to get worse.

Brudda26

The amount of people in here that just dont seem to understand the situation is kind of staggering. It's not them pandering to people or the situation at hand. Sony knows full well there event would generate a lot of talk among the internet its would be on the news everywhere. Doing that would mask alot of the voices of people that have stuff to say that should be listened to. It NOT just a USA thing either there have been protests in multiple countries since this started from the UK to New Zealand and many more. Its highlighting a world wide problem that's been at the centre of many countries for hundreds of years. Racism, classism and abuse of power etc people are sick of it. It's something the people of the world need to listen to because so many people lack understanding.

You can bring up past events and go why didnt they do this then etc the world is a different place now people are more switched on to what's happening around them. You do something that's seen as insensitive during something like this your going to get more negative press than it's worth.

Sony made the right move, it gives people a chance to send their message for others to hear. Yeah you may be dissapointed but getting angry at a company and the people protesting because it ruined a couple hours of your day is pathetic. Also kind of obvious some of you in here are closet racists.

And likewise ppl don't care about that virtue signaling shit. Sony stopping or continuing their presentation neither stops or continues tht fire. Thy not tht important so it goes both ways which is ppls valid points. Dudes act like thy ain't going to be watching their favorite show on Netflix while this shit is going on. Alot of cappin going on.

Either way I can only talk about me and I see the logic in views, other than mine.

It's not even about virtue signalling. It's just completely inappropriate and in bad taste to be advertising and building up this kind of event with what's going on in one of their biggest markets. It would be stupid to push on and ignore what's happening, both from a cold and selfish business point of view, and from a bullshit PR point of view.

Anyone disappointed this has happened is the same as pretty much anyone, myself included. Anyone disappointed in Sony (even to the point of threats to "vote with my wallet") for making this decision is an idiot. As is anyone facetiously suggesting that anything remotely bad going on in the world should equally be a reason for postponement. That isn't how the world works.

Postponement is regrettably the right thing to do. Anger is better directed at US authority culture and systemic racism than an indifferent corporation selfishly/thoughtfully delaying their marketing campaign.

And thinking this was the right move doesn't mean you've also stopped watching your favourite Netflix shows. There's more than just two extreme "sides".
It's OK to be disappointed and think it's ultimately the right move, which I think you yourself and others have expressed.

3liteDragon

Well, on the bright side, TLOU2 comes out in 18 days...

PpipjFi.gif

xool

The issue is no one has a plan instead they attack cops when cops aren't the real problem. American cops originated as the slave patrol the slave patrol rounded up slaves that ran away from their rich owners. The Problem is the pedophiles who rule the world and create the rules for society. The cops are built to protect the rich they aren't punished for their crimes. Look at Jim Irsay got arrested with a briefcase full of money and pounds of narcotics, there was also a body of dead woman in one of his condos. Robert Kraft had a set trafficking ring. All pedophile rings run through Columbus Ohio a Epstein victim.

Who creates the law? Copy certainly don't they can't even police there own neighborhoods which would be a major step to solving brutality.
This is right.

People seek power because they are evil. Police exist to protect powerful people. That's the way the world is.

Their reasoning is so generic. "We want to stand back and allow more important voices to be heard". So it's not going to be more important a month or two from now?

People are not glued to CNN 24 hours a day. People tuning out to entertain themselves from time to time doing/watching x is already happening.

When they resume with a new date they'll get shit on for continuing while an atrocity is happening in some third world country, and they'll deserve it. Don't pick and choose when you want to "stand back".

Have a feeling after all this blows over, nothing will have unfortunately changed, sure the officers will be charged for murder but in terms of this movement, it will go back to how it was, we will eventually have another repeat of this sort of event in the future.

History will always repeat itself one way or another.

Last edited:

Gediminas

Banned
they could went with more positive way. but they focused on negatives.

there are plenty of events in the world where voices should be heard, but it never stopped them before.

in 6 month they couldn't make an event, this is embarrassing to say least. so when the event is going down now?

kebaldo

His just a little troll... less people goes after this dumb guy and shares and comments his tweet and more he will be irrelevant and feel irrelevant.

Going back on topic: I think they are moving the date not that far... my two cents on next week ... maybe June 11?

Last edited:

kebaldo

there are plenty of events in the world where voices should be heard, but it never stopped them before.

"If the media are not talking about it is it really happening?" This is the reason why when things happen in Africa/Middle East/Cina/ecc... all the entertainment machine doesn't stop, because it doesn't affect the big markets and the "first world people". It's not because their so courageous that they want to bring happiness with the films/videogames/ecc..

in 6 month they couldn't make an event, this is embarrassing to say least. so when the event is going down now?

With all the F* up things happening world wide it's funny to read "this is embarrassing to say least". In this period... would you open a new store in your town? Or is better to wait? The two things are not in the same proportion but have the same result: no... it's better to wait.

mckmas8808

As a Black American I disagree with the decision but I respect Sony's commitment to being a good corporate citizen. If they want to help though they need act rather than just speak about it. Hopefully that follows.

Some of yall know how I get down and I'll say as a Black American too, I disagree with this decision. Madden made sense because it's a American sport and with the Colin Kaepernick stuff and with EA having a partnership with the NFL it made sense. But for the PS5? Nah son. It's a global event. Plus......how long can they actually wait? What trigger will Sony look for that allows them to say it's okay to go on with the PS5 even?

bitbydeath

His just a little troll... less people goes after this dumb guy and shares and comments his tweet and more he will be irrelevant and feel irrelevant.

Going back on topic: I think they are moving the date not that far... my two cents on next week ... maybe June 11?

That’s not the real colt just someone trolling him as cult.

Gediminas

Banned
With all the F* up things happening world wide it's funny to read "this is embarrassing to say least". In this period... would you open a new store in your town? Or is better to wait? The two things are not in the same proportion but have the same result: no... it's better to wait.
why would i open a store when everybody at home?

because everyone is at home, there is no better time to make a show. everyone will look at it. it would be positive note to this dark time. it would be like a light in the end of the tunnel.

at least for me it would be positive, i was looking forward to it. i ordered 2 cakes. my wife planned some free time on that evening. something positive.

BGs

Industry Professional
Luckily the US has plenty of police who are deeply upset about what happened in Minneapolis:

It seems there is a fringe faction trying to instigate a race war. I used to laugh at the very idea...not anymore.

Obviously I was referring to the culprits. Not all the police. Just as there are civilians who take advantage of these situations as an excuse to commit a crime. Generalizing is never correct. The problem is those few who stain the reputation of others. Hopefully these episodes will end soon.

So let's see if I understand this and can get all juicy as a result; that dev that compared the PS5 and sex to a delivery service of boxes, would it be right to assume that the boxes of juice have way less hurdles and other mazes to fight through API wise than the sex and thus there's basically zero services/cycles wasted?

All of that juice is guaranteed to go to the delivery man when he needs it? Thus with 10 big boxes and 450 little boxes and 36 bottles (not to mention 5 to 9 litres of blueberry dream time compared to 2 to 4 of lime sunrise) you're getting more juice despite the other sexy delivery man promising more bottles and boxes? 😂😂😂😂 HaLP *gets crushed by sexy boxes and blueberry balls*

SlimySnake

Maybe someone at the big corporations will remember these people as well

the Rohingya geonicde in Myanmar is absolutely bizarre to me because its being done by fucking buddhists of all people. Monks are nazis now? wtf. its like a bad Adam Sandler comedy.

These threads move fast so I may have missed this, has this been posted?

Epic talks UE5 on PS5 and XsX, vid was uploaded two hours ago

Is this just the same interview from the unveil, reuploaded? I lose track

Posted 2 hours ago? Didnt they see the protests? Unacceptable!

Last edited:

Sinthor

Gold Member
the Rohingya geonicde in Myanmar is absolutely bizarre to me because its being done by fucking buddhists of all people. Monks are nazis now? wtf. its like a bad Adam Sandler comedy.

Posted 2 hours ago? Didnt they see the protests? Unacceptable!

Just shows you how F'd we are as a species. EVERY group, religion or whatever, has members who make all the others look bad. EVERY group. Whether it's people in power, or poor, whether it's 'godless' people or those who are religiously devout. Human beings have issues.

kebaldo

because everyone is at home, there is no better time to make a show. everyone will look at it. it would be positive note to this dark time. it would be like a light in the end of the tunnel.
People are at home and all we have is bad news... If you give 1 good news you will not be capable to enjoy it. You will pass 1 good hour and after you will be bombarded with all the crude real news coming from whats happening now. The message of what the Ps5 acutually is and what it can offer will be sofocated by all the rest.

at least for me it would be positive, i was looking forward to it. i ordered 2 cakes. my wife planned some free time on that evening. something positive.

Same for me man... I organized a nice day and I was really exited. I hope you will pass a great time even without the conference. (I was thinking to prepare some goood lasagna for the stream... I guess I will eat it without the stream lol)

Obviously I was referring to the culprits. Not all the police. Just as there are civilians who take advantage of these situations as an excuse to commit a crime. Generalizing is never correct. The problem is those few who stain the reputation of others. Hopefully these episodes will end soon.

I did not intend my reply to be seen as any kind of criticism, but rather as an opportunity.

geordiemp

These threads move fast so I may have missed this, has this been posted?

Epic talks UE5 on PS5 and XsX, vid was uploaded two hours ago

Is this just the same interview from the unveil, reuploaded? I lose track

Timstamped why ps5

They have been talking to sony for 3,4 to 5 years on storage and ultra fast I/O to bring fast high quality data in every frame, but we love all our children.

Makes you wonder what came first, Cernys vision or Tims vision.....

My question now is how many ROPS for ps5 to draw small traingles quickly, the plot thickens, ps5 was made for this application it seems.

My other observation is Sony has known about this for 3 to 5 years, makes you wonder what first party have done during that time....

Last edited:
Some of yall know how I get down and I'll say as a Black American too, I disagree with this decision. Madden made sense because it's a American sport and with the Colin Kaepernick stuff and with EA having a partnership with the NFL it made sense. But for the PS5? Nah son. It's a global event. Plus......how long can they actually wait? What trigger will Sony look for that allows them to say it's okay to go on with the PS5 even?
No idea, but it seems like Sony has backed themselves into a corner that will be difficult to get out of if this continues for weeks.

If they just wanted to avoid the funeral they should have specifically stated that "out of respect" but the way its worded makes it seem they are holding off any announcements so as not to detract from the protestors' message... To turn around and announce a date a week or two later seems impossible. They are going to have to wait for the entire thing to die down.

mckmas8808

And likewise ppl don't care about that virtue signaling shit. Sony stopping or continuing their presentation neither stops or continues tht fire. Thy not tht important so it goes both ways which is ppls valid points. Dudes act like thy ain't going to be watching their favorite show on Netflix while this shit is going on. Alot of cappin going on.

Either way I can only talk about me and I see the logic in views, other than mine.

SpaceX shot a rocket into outer space at the EXACT same time I was watching police cars burning. And the country PRAISED SpaceX. It's was weird yet awesome to see such sadness and despair at the same time watch humans coming together to do something that's never been done before.

Nobody got mad at SpaceX for continuing on. The same would have happened with Sony and the PS5. We would have all understood if they kept their date the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom