• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

hemo memo

Gold Member
Oh my God, these people... 🤣🤣🤣

BY4pATa.jpg
f6R3obi.jpg

Replying to Insomniac Games with “source?” Lmao 😂

LucidFlux

I don't know, RE8 looks crossgen even being next gen only, not a very good graphical job from Capcom.

Interesting. I would not have guessed RE8 was next-gen only. It felt halfway in between. I initially thought it was another Indy title because the quality was so inconsistent. There were some scenes with questionable textures, foliage and PBR but then there were also scenes with great textures, geometry and character animation. It certainly has room for improvement.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Interesting. I would not have guessed RE8 was next-gen only. It felt halfway in between. I initially thought it was another Indy title because the quality was so inconsistent. There were some scenes with questionable textures, foliage and PBR but then there were also scenes with great textures, geometry and character animation. It certainly has room for improvement.
I honestly thought it was a step back compared to RE3 Remake.
It was sharp and clean but in the same way Revelations is

Hey guys.

I'm posting from the afterlife. I'm dead :messenger_ghost:
I actually died watching the PS5 reveal. I had a close call with Project Athia which looked so slick that my heart stopped for a moment. Then I felt fine until Demon's Souls, full on heart attack, and I was then struggling all through Horizon II and that trailer straight up murdered my ass. All in all, good show. I regret nothing.

giphy.gif

Gamernyc78

Banned
I don't get the lackluster comment i mean they showed gt7 a "proper" GT game that's significant in its self then you got horizon 2
And the spider man standalone and demons souls and ratchet + more these are big name games and was the best show so far for this coming gen in imho....

There were some things about the show i wasn't keen on and i didn't really see anything that can't be done on the other console and i think that was there biggest mistake of the night because we needed to see how special that io setup is for new game world design and that wasn't communicated sufficiently to me on the night .

It's funny because a few of those games will either be goty contenders or win goty lol. I don't get how ppl get lackluster with a straight face.

But we all have our tastes I guess.

Last edited:

Corndog

Banned
There are two different terms sample and population one is the whole set and the other is a part of the set... Views and likes are a very good sample of the population... You have millions of users, of your brand and people from the "enemy brand" and "casuals", if you can get to the point where your likes exceed the dislikes by a "big" margin than you know you are safe and you have done a good job fulfilling the expectations of the people watching.

The first Xbox stream of the past month reached a point where the dislikes where bigger than the likes, and that was an event full of Xbox fans... they took that video down and reuploaded for better quality.
I think it depends. I would never use twitter as a good representation of what people actually believe. Views for this presentation are probably a good gauge for interest though. I wouldn’t read too much into likes.

TheAssist

You know whats funny. When I saw Kena, the Ember Labs game, I thought wow. Some kids are gonna play it and for them its like their Mario, or Spyro, or Crash, or Ratchet and Clank, or Zelda, or whatever moment. It will open up so money new experiences and unforgettable moments. They will make friends with people who love these games as much as they do. For a few lucky kids out there, this might become one of their happy childhood memories.

And 10 years from now, they will be just as jaded gamers as were are today.

Feels good.

GT7 - Racer - MP
HZD2 - Third person action adventure
Spiderman - Third person action adventure
R&C - 3D Platformer
Demon's Souls - Soulslike - MP
Sackboy - 3D Platformer - MP
Returnal - FPS
Destruction All Stars - Arena Car Battler - MP
Astrobot - Dual Sense demo

That's just PS Studios announced yesterday. 4 MP games, lots of variety in genres.
It is funny how you define Demons Souls as a "soulslike" game when this game is the souls games. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

there is no doubt that some of it is disingenuous but i do see how someone can look at several indie and third party games on the show and come away with that impression. Having the stream be 1080p was also dumb especially when all of your trailers are 4k. they say first impression is the last impression and a lot of people wont bother looking at 4k versions after watching those awful youtube and twitch streams. ratchet simply didnt look as good as that gif in that stream. this also casts doubt on the lockhart being an effective next gen console at only 1080p. it simply wont look as good at lower resolutions.

however, the biggest problem is that they werent able to show off the CPU and SSD upgrades. To me, they are the gen's biggest leaps. Ratchet was the only game that showed off what the ssd can do but because it was the only game doing that it came off as gimmicky. They needed gameplay demos that showcased features that simply couldnt be done on the ps4. you do that and no one in their right mind will doubt next gen.

i was looking at the underwater scenes in horizon, and there is an entire ecosystem here. birds drop into the ocean to feed. fish seem to have their own eco system. the world, at least underwater, seems to be alive. thats what the cpu can bring to next gen. they shouldve done a better job showcasing this.

in spiderman's trailer, you can see the NPCs behaving rather realistically. thats another cpu upgrade but you really have to look to find this stuff in both games. the entire point of these trailers is to showcase their features, not hide them.

in demon souls, you can see the fog get dissipated by the dragon flying above if that is indeed realtime. that could open up a lot of gameplay possibilities.
i suspect when the demos finally come out, people will begin to come around.
The problem with Sony is Jim Rayan. Their communication got fucked up since he took over. Tjey are still as good as always, but, managment and marketing is shitty

HAL-01

It’s wild how Spider-Man MM and Ratchet & Clank are being made by the same studio at the same time with probably the same engine, but people think one looks amazing and the other looks cross gen

I believe it’s probably cause they expected R&C looking like a cg movie, but they expected Spider-Man to look photorealistic

DaGwaphics

It’s wild how Spider-Man MM and Ratchet & Clank are being made by the same studio at the same time with probably the same engine, but people think one looks amazing and the other looks cross gen

I believe it’s probably cause they expected R&C looking like a cg movie, but they expected Spider-Man to look photorealistic

Probably differences in development also. One is something new, the other probably builds on assets already created for the original.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom