• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

LucidFlux

So we have:
- rumours of a hardware revision
- yields are much better than expected
- patent for using two GPUs in parallel

20.56Tf monster incoming

:messenger_tears_of_joy:

Please note, this is a joke

You know what, I say let them dream. After having lived through enough product launches they'll figure it out eventually.

Seriously though, there's only so much that can realistically change this late in the game. As entertaining as it can get, I am glad to see less of the off the wall speculation this go around compared to the previous gens with hidden GPUs and that secret sauce Nintendo has yet to unlock in the Wii U.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Nah, maybe you are seeing weird prices because you live in another country?

GtjUTuQ.png

Probably that's the case, fucking racist Amazon.:messenger_loudly_crying:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Sony gets players Spider-Man for their version of a Marvel game... “Sony bad for making game better for their customers”
Microsoft doubles the yearly price of Xbox Live Gold .... “they’re gonna make it free someday, thanks Phillip”
Yeah I'm sure without Sony, Marvel was planning on leaving their most popular Avenger out of a The Avengers game lol

Tqaulity

I think do you have access to a PS5 dev kit to saying is a weak GPU and you found a bottleneck because
a console with a GPU with similar performance to a 2070-2070 super a device with a very similar performance
to the other console, all this in a device with a price of around $500 is far from be weak .
sighs...I've asked this question many times and never got a straight answer...what data or tangible evidence does anyone have that supports the notion that the PS5 GPU specs is "only" a RTX 2070-2070S Super. I thought I (and several others) debunked this a while ago but do people really still think the PS5 GPU is only a RTX 2070(S) level? If you understand hardware at all and have seen the specs of the PS5, that's absurd!

Ok one more time...

Consider the following:

Currently, an RX 5700XT is about on par with a RTX 2070 and about 5% slower than an RTX 2070 Super on average (across nearly 50 recent games). So to say that the PS5 is roughly a 2070 - 2070 Super is essentially saying that the PS5 has the same performance as an RX 5700 XT. This is way off for several reasons:
  1. IF you assumed that the PS5 GPU was in fact the same architecture as the RX 5700 XT (RDNA1) and forget about any differences that the console optimizations and RDNA2+ may have, then you still have a raw compute advantage of ~13% in favor of the PS5 (10.23 TF vs 9 TF for the average clock speed or the "game clock" as AMD calls it. Peak clock speed for the RX 5700 XT is a bad metric since it spends very little time at that frequency)
  2. So what level of actual performance (not theoretical specs) in real games would a 13% boost over the RX 5700 XT give you? How about an RTX 2080 (2080 is +12% over RX 5700 XT at 4K across same 50 games)
  3. So as a minimum baseline, the GPU in the PS5 is much closer to an RTX 2080 just based on the raw compute and disregarding addditional optimizations and efficiencies
  4. But wait....we can't just forgo those efficiency improvements as they are there and will make a difference. PS5 GPU is not the same RDNA1 GPU as the RX 5700 XT but it's RDNA2 based. We don't know exactly how much more effecient RDNA2 will be yet, but we do know for sure that it WILL BE MORE Efficient (in other words it won't have the same IPC as RDNA 1).
  5. AMD was able to jump +25% going from GCN to RDNA1 (significant) and has suggested we could expect a similar bump in IPC going from RDNA1 to RDNA2. I think that is a bit overzealous so I will be much more conservative. Typical generation shifts in GPU architecture may give at least 10-15% IPC improvements in the past so that's probably a better (if not conservative) estimate
  6. So let's be very conservative and assume it's only 10% IPC improvement. So add an additional 10% of performance to that RX 5700 XT figure above: 13% raw compute + 10% IPC = ~23% higher perf for PS5
  7. Ok, so again let's be conservative right. Let's lower that even further by an additional 5% because AMD may have messed up with RDNA efficiency or because PS5 memory bandwidth is a larger bottleneck than we thought, or the PS5 clock speed average is lower than Sony led on etc etc. Let's just say the combined raw compute advantage and IPC advantage is only %18
  8. What will 18% more real world perf give you over the 5700 XT? How about an RTX 2080 Super!!
Again, that estimate is extremely conservative and it's very possible that the PS5 GPU is well beyond that when you factor in a more reasonable IPC improvement and all of the PS5 specific optimizations (vs PC), lower overhead OS and drivers, closer to metal APIs etc. My point here is that even if you look at it from the most conservative lens, there is NO way that the PS5 GPU specs point to a GPU that is a RTX 2070 or even 2070 Super! At the very least, it is closest to an RTX 2080 but it is much more likely to meet or exceed an RTX 2080 Super. I've done detailed analysis using at least 5 different methodologies and looking at real world game performance on PC equivalent hardware and each one yielded the same result: PS5 GPU should be on par or slightly above an RTX 2080 Super!

Now I am not throwing any specific performance numbers out there and saying that this will be the PS5 performance. That's silly as there is still so much unknown at the system level. Again, I'm just pointing out that there is no reasonable way to interpret the specs and conclude that the PS5 GPU is "only" an RTX 2070/Super/RX 5700 XT. Everything we know points to it clearly being way above that.

Can we (finally) at least agree on this much?! If not, I'm still waiting to see/hear some actually tangible data that supports the notion that it is only a RTX 2070/Super...

Vaztu

The ONLY thing that sucks about next gen for me so far is the small storage issue.. gonna have to start this gen out buying physical games i guess.

Why ? Just buy an external storage, a slow 500mb/s SSD external storage comes for cheap these days. Store your games there as cold storage, then move them as you want. Surely you wont juggle between 7-8 games every time. Once you finish the game, put it in external drive as cold storage, and copy it back when you want to play again, it should copy real fast too.

Last edited:

sircaw

Banned
Hey fish, yesterday went to make some photos and videos, and found a nice natural pool that you can throw you in it.

firstly no Drone attacks ok Fs

Secondly beautiful, do those waters have anything living it in?> Why are the pools green, some sort of bacteria or mineral in it?

Can you swim in them or is that ill-advised.

Handy Fake

So looking at the back of the Dualsense, there is a reset hole, and another hole. Is that the 2nd mic that we saw in a Sony patent months ago ?

Wont that mic be covered if we are using back button attachment ?

PR5RNhA.jpg
One's probably the mic. One might be a factory reset for the firmware.
Edit: Ignore me, I misread. I'm hungover.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
So looking at the back of the Dualsense, there is a reset hole, and another hole. Is that the 2nd mic that we saw in a Sony patent months ago ?

PR5RNhA.jpg
Don't like the front, but love the back, very clean

NickFire

MS needs to get some positive word of mouth going. In the last two weeks we learned Xbox Gold just got more expensive, Halo has shown that current gen is holding things back, and the only thing people are really mad about towards Sony is Spiderman exclusivity. I bet a Series S and price announcement is imminent even if not originally scheduled. Even the best laid plans need to be fluid and nothing will turn the tide quicker than an unexpected low price.

IntentionalPun

MS needs to get some positive word of mouth going. In the last two weeks we learned Xbox Gold just got more expensive, Halo has shown that current gen is holding things back, and the only thing people are really mad about towards Sony is Spiderman exclusivity. I bet a Series S and price announcement is imminent even if not originally scheduled. Even the best laid plans need to be fluid and nothing will turn the tide quicker than an unexpected low price.
Series S is gonna get shit talked too if it's real and/or being announced soon.

They need some great looking games, RUNNING ON an XSX.

And I honestly don't think they have anything that's near ready enough.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
firstly no Drone attacks ok Fs

Secondly beautiful, do those waters have anything living it in?> Why are the pools green, some sort of bacteria or mineral in it?

Can you swim in them or is that ill-advised.

Yeah there are but in the bigger lake up, they introduced some "bilharzia-eating" fish that ate the little native one that used to eat your hair and dry skin, sadly. You can swim but there was Police as you can see I flew with it from a distance as the road was locked. No tourists allowed although I find plenty slipping through into the region, and since a week it was a lockdown from 7pm up to 6am, now will be pushed to 9pm-5am 3 days from now. Many friends are asking me wanna come here, lol. That big pool down there would've been full of people swimming there, some even drown there. :lollipop_downcast_sweat: Water is 100% clean and you can drink it directly, did drink it myself. But that water isn't going to make Craig look like Kratos though, it's normal despite being strangely very cyan-colored.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
You know looking at pictures and videos of the Wadi river you can rent a boat and paddle downstream, it's so beautiful, hope there no crocs fs. I hate crocs.

Used to be midget crocs probably a century or two ago, got extinct like many other animals like lions, and recently cheetahs in 1977.

sircaw

Banned
Can someone explain to me what means "whitelisting"?

Thanks, bitches! :D

Like the bbc or CNN, apparently they are trusted sources. you can always count on them.

cough

I guess it's like those people on twitter with the blue checkmark, verified, Hey you can trust me.

At least that's what the general term means.

How you decipher it in that mess of a tweet, that's on you.

Last edited:

FeiRR

Banned
Can someone explain to me what means "whitelisting"?

Thanks, bitches! :D
A game tested to run with no issues. Which means playing it through many times and doing a lot of crazy stuff, like glitching. I've heard from a dev that guys at Sony who do this job are very meticulous at it.

sighs...I've asked this question many times and never got a straight answer...what data or tangible evidence does anyone have that supports the notion that the PS5 GPU specs is "only" a RTX 2070-2070S Super. I thought I (and several others) debunked this a while ago but do people really still think the PS5 GPU is only a RTX 2070(S) level? If you understand hardware at all and have seen the specs of the PS5, that's absurd!

Ok one more time...

Consider the following:

Currently, an RX 5700XT is about on par with a RTX 2070 and about 5% slower than an RTX 2070 Super on average (across nearly 50 recent games). So to say that the PS5 is roughly a 2070 - 2070 Super is essentially saying that the PS5 has the same performance as an RX 5700 XT. This is way off for several reasons:
  1. IF you assumed that the PS5 GPU was in fact the same architecture as the RX 5700 XT (RDNA1) and forget about any differences that the console optimizations and RDNA2+ may have, then you still have a raw compute advantage of ~13% in favor of the PS5 (10.23 TF vs 9 TF for the average clock speed or the "game clock" as AMD calls it. Peak clock speed for the RX 5700 XT is a bad metric since it spends very little time at that frequency)
  2. So what level of actual performance (not theoretical specs) in real games would a 13% boost over the RX 5700 XT give you? How about an RTX 2080 (2080 is +12% over RX 5700 XT at 4K across same 50 games)
  3. So as a minimum baseline, the GPU in the PS5 is much closer to an RTX 2080 just based on the raw compute and disregarding addditional optimizations and efficiencies
  4. But wait....we can't just forgo those efficiency improvements as they are there and will make a difference. PS5 GPU is not the same RDNA1 GPU as the RX 5700 XT but it's RDNA2 based. We don't know exactly how much more effecient RDNA2 will be yet, but we do know for sure that it WILL BE MORE Efficient (in other words it won't have the same IPC as RDNA 1).
  5. AMD was able to jump +25% going from GCN to RDNA1 (significant) and has suggested we could expect a similar bump in IPC going from RDNA1 to RDNA2. I think that is a bit overzealous so I will be much more conservative. Typical generation shifts in GPU architecture may give at least 10-15% IPC improvements in the past so that's probably a better (if not conservative) estimate
  6. So let's be very conservative and assume it's only 10% IPC improvement. So add an additional 10% of performance to that RX 5700 XT figure above: 13% raw compute + 10% IPC = ~23% higher perf for PS5
  7. Ok, so again let's be conservative right. Let's lower that even further by an additional 5% because AMD may have messed up with RDNA efficiency or because PS5 memory bandwidth is a larger bottleneck than we thought, or the PS5 clock speed average is lower than Sony led on etc etc. Let's just say the combined raw compute advantage and IPC advantage is only %18
  8. What will 18% more real world perf give you over the 5700 XT? How about an RTX 2080 Super!!
Again, that estimate is extremely conservative and it's very possible that the PS5 GPU is well beyond that when you factor in a more reasonable IPC improvement and all of the PS5 specific optimizations (vs PC), lower overhead OS and drivers, closer to metal APIs etc. My point here is that even if you look at it from the most conservative lens, there is NO way that the PS5 GPU specs point to a GPU that is a RTX 2070 or even 2070 Super! At the very least, it is closest to an RTX 2080 but it is much more likely to meet or exceed an RTX 2080 Super. I've done detailed analysis using at least 5 different methodologies and looking at real world game performance on PC equivalent hardware and each one yielded the same result: PS5 GPU should be on par or slightly above an RTX 2080 Super!

Now I am not throwing any specific performance numbers out there and saying that this will be the PS5 performance. That's silly as there is still so much unknown at the system level. Again, I'm just pointing out that there is no reasonable way to interpret the specs and conclude that the PS5 GPU is "only" an RTX 2070/Super/RX 5700 XT. Everything we know points to it clearly being way above that.

Can we (finally) at least agree on this much?! If not, I'm still waiting to see/hear some actually tangible data that supports the notion that it is only a RTX 2070/Super...
Yes but not, maybe I don't explain as I want.

I say is between 2070 and 2070 super because that is the same DF say time ago (not because I don't like in general what Alex do means I don't think they have real connections)
I also think is more than that but I cannot guess without have any evidence.

I tried to make opinions not based in extrapolate things because is too easy to get wrong and was pointing a scenario where PS5 basically doesn't have any special thing,
then use that as argument because when your are in debate one the best ways to denying another person's argument is using a scenario where things go wrong and still
showing that even in that scenario the other person's is wrong.

Regarding your points:

1)We suppose RDNA 2 will have an improvement in IPC but how nobody really knows how much, the optimizations will occurs yes will do but again you need to extrapolate
things to say a quantity about how much will improve, guess as base for an argument is fail in the fallacy of ad ignorantiam, yes I agree with you but I cannot use as fallacy
my argument.

2) There is not a point to throwing numbers especially as you say in console where exists low level optimizations and in a early phase of dev is just pointless.

3)Agree but I don't have real proves the same thing until AMD doesn't reveal more info of RDNA 2 I just cannot.

4)You basically repeat this point

5)I want the jump in IPC of RDNA 2 be big because:

a)Nvidia needs competition

b) I love the console hardware.

But AMD usually tends to oversell expectatives then come back with something not so good, so let's wait and see.

6) 10% is not be conservative and again you are guessing a lot

7) You cannot say a number of possible in an argument where you talk about a possible bottleneck, is just too complex to reduce it in that way, you should has
access to a dev kit and break your NDA to say a number

8) Even when I think PS5 is more capable in the real world than a 2070 super that doesn't mean I will say a comparable GPU which I think is equiparble based in
huge amount extrapolations, I am not moore's law is dead.

And yes you throw many specific numbers to get to the point where a PS5 is a 2080 super. I can agree the real performance of PS5 is closer to a 2080 to a 2070
but I don't want to make mental gymnastics to end saying a fallacy, so basically I agree with you my 2070 is too conservative but I prefer say that than do the same
as you.

Sorry for the wall of text.

Last edited:

kyliethicc

Yeah I'm sure without Sony, Marvel was planning on leaving their most popular Avenger out of a The Avengers game lol
Yeah you’re right but I just don’t think Sony should give a fuck about other companies’ players. They made the game better for their customers, that’s what a good business does. Complaining about Sony getting Sony players extra stuff is like complaining about a husband getting his wife a gift, but not other people’s wives. It’s silly. Businesses take care of their own customers, not other customers who don’t pay them.

If any should be bitched at, it’s Square Enix who let Sony have the exclusivity. Square controls that game and choose to make it better on Sony because they wanted to. So the way I see it, Square Enix doesn’t give a fuck about Xbox players, but should. Not Sony.

IntentionalPun

Yeah you’re right but I just don’t think Sony should give a fuck about other companies’ players. They made the game better for their customers, that’s what a good business does. Complaining about Sony getting Sony players extra stuff is like complaining about a husband getting his wife a gift, but not other people’s wives. It’s silly. Businesses take care of their own customers, not other customers who don’t pay them.

If any should be bitched at, it’s Square Enix who let Sony have the exclusivity. Square controls that game and choose to make it better on Sony because they wanted to. So the way I see it, Square Enix doesn’t give a fuck about Xbox players, but should. Not Sony.

It's just not a great practice for consumers; that's it. And I'll bitch at whoever I feel like personally.. I agree the dev shares as much if not more of the blame, but it's a shitty practice through and through.

The "can't blame the business for being a business" excuse I keep seeing is just so lame. Of course I can complain about any action that a business takes that I don't like.. that's kind of what being a consumer is supposed to be about.

I'm also not gonna cry about it either though lol.. I buy all platforms.. but still think it sucks.

Last edited:

xPikYx

I have to ask, are you trolling or just misinformed by xbox trolls?

PS5 gpu isnt very weak, or even weak in any measureable way

If it would be half than what it is now, it would be in the weak territory, same as xsex would be with halved specs.

Current gen GPUs are very weak, and look what ps4 can still offer
Is it possible to express an opinion without being called troll or fanboy or flamer please?

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!

PR5RNhA.jpg
Is there confirmation of the back button attachment being compatible?

kyliethicc

It's just not a great practice for consumers; that's it. And I'll bitch at whoever I feel like personally.. I agree the dev shares as much if not more of the blame, but it's a shitty practice through and through.

The "can't blame the business for being a business" excuse I keep seeing is just so lame. Of course I can complain about any action that a business takes that I don't like.. that's kind of what being a consumer is supposed to be about.

I'm also not gonna cry about it either though lol.. I buy all platforms.. but still think it sucks.
That’s all fine, I don’t wanna fight or go off topic too much, but just remember if a person only plays on Xbox, then to Sony, they are not a consumer. From Sony’s POV, there are only consumers (PS players) and non consumes (everyone else). So they are pro-consumer from their own view because they would never help people who don’t pay them. That’s life.

T

Three Jackdaws

Unconfirmed Member

Alanah "I'm a girl and so my opinion on consoels/games is more valid than others" Pearce

Funny how these "journalists" and "figures" are jumping on the narrative of console wars don't exist anymore, they only jumped on it in recent weeks, more specifically after Microsoft's arguably very underwhelming gaming showcase. But before that, in fact for the past year it was a full on console war, remember? "12 TERAFLOPS"! "Xbox Series X is so much more powerful", "Microsoft has invested in X number of first party studios!" and "PS5 is doomed".

How quickly the goal posts changed when these idiots started to realise the brand power of Playstation as well as the popularity of it's platform and exclusives! Remember since February, all these lot of ever talked about where how Sony were behind Microsoft in terms of marketing and messaging and how the next-gen would be much more competitive.

This just looks like extreme levels of damage control because people are starting to realise that Series X just can't compete with the PS5. Watch in two years the narrative will shift again when Microsoft finally has some competitive 1st Party games to show.

IntentionalPun

That’s all fine, I don’t wanna fight or go off topic too much, but just remember if a person only plays on Xbox, then to Sony, they are not a consumer. From Sony’s POV, there are only consumers (PS players) and non consumes (everyone else). So they are pro-consumer from their own view because they would never help people who don’t pay them. That’s life.

Why does everyone feel the need to repeat back the businesses perspective?

And it didn't help anyone.. that's the point.. it's almost certain Spiderman would have been in the PS version of the game either way.. That's how the majority of these sort of deals work.. they don't add content to games they remove content from games.

Yes removing content from an Xbox game benefits Sony. And? All kinds of things that benefit companies are at the expense of consumers. We as consumers should not pat them on the back for this, instead we should praise them for their actions that benefit us. Pretty basic stuff if you aren't a deranged cheerleader for a company.

Yes removing content from an Xbox game benefits Sony. And? All kinds of things that benefit companies are at the expense of consumers. We as consumers should not pat them on the back for this, instead we should praise them for their actions that benefit us. Pretty basic stuff if you aren't a deranged cheerleader for a company.

I can see that however both companies are anti consumer. They don't give a dang about the users on other platforms they only care about their own. Because they don't benefit from the others.

It's part of business and it's something that we as consumers are going to have to deal with.

Complaining about it constantly on the internet won't change anything. Only legal action can force these companies to change if it gets bad enough.

zaitsu

Banned
Veteran telling us that HZD on PC > HFW on PS5

but :

dU2w4CU.png

HZD on PC = HZD on PS4 with better framrate, resolution and some foliage xD

So i am right now self-called Veteran and i want you all to respect me. I'm an authority here, amen. ( just kidding, my ego feels fine)

Last edited:

Tqaulity

Yes but not, maybe I don't explain as I want.

I say is between 2070 and 2070 super because that is the same DF say time ago (not because I don't like in general what Alex do means I don't think they have real connections)
I also think is more than that but I cannot guess without have any evidence.

I tried to make opinions not based in extrapolate things because is too easy to get wrong and was pointing a scenario where PS5 basically doesn't have any special thing,
then use that as argument because when your are in debate one the best ways to denying another person's argument is using a scenario where things go wrong and still
showing that even in that scenario the other person's is wrong.

Regarding your points:

1)We suppose RDNA 2 will have an improvement in IPC but how nobody really knows how much, the optimizations will occurs yes will do but again you need to extrapolate
things to say a quantity about how much will improve, guess as base for an argument is fail in the fallacy of ad ignorantiam, yes I agree with you but I cannot use as fallacy
my argument.

2) There is not a point to throwing numbers especially as you say in console where exists low level optimizations and in a early phase of dev is just pointless.

3)Agree but I don't have real proves the same thing until AMD doesn't reveal more info of RDNA 2 I just cannot.

4)You basically repeat this point

5)I want the jump in IPC of RDNA 2 be big because:

a)Nvidia needs competition

b) I love the console hardware.

But AMD usually tends to oversell expectatives then come back with something not so good, so let's wait and see.

6) 10% is not be conservative and again you are guessing a lot

7) You cannot say a number of possible in an argument where you talk about a possible bottleneck, is just too complex to reduce it in that way, you should has
access to a dev kit and break your NDA to say a number

8) Even when I think PS5 is more capable in the real world than a 2070 super that doesn't mean I will say a comparable GPU which I think is equiparble based in
huge amount extrapolations, I am not moore's law is dead.

And yes you throw many specific numbers to get to the point where a PS5 is a 2080 super. I can agree the real performance of PS5 is closer to a 2080 to a 2070
but I don't want to make mental gymnastics to end saying a fallacy, so basically I agree with you my 2070 is too conservative but I prefer say that than do the same
as you.

Sorry for the wall of text.
No worries with the wall of text (mine was larger).

I completely understand the "guessing" and estimation on my part is not exact and I never suggested it was. However, my first 3 points focus on known quantities, which is to say that based on the official published specs, the PS5 GPU is still a bit faster than an RX 5700 XT and therefore an RTX 2070 & RTX 2070 Super . That's just looking at the numbers and the actual game performance data that currently exists completely omitting the unknown benefits of RDNA 2, console optimization etc. How much of a benefit those things may represent of course is still unknown. But even without knowing that, it's still evident that it's above an RTX 2070 & RTX 2070 Super in the worst case.

Last edited:

JTCx

Believing that a port of a PS4 game would look just as good as its PS5 sequel was downright delusional. I'm not saying that Guerilla COULDN'T have done it ... but ... that's not how ports work. It's the principle of the thing.
Well well well, as i mentioned earlier in this thread. There's clearly new shaders working in the sequel. Every new game needs to push for better workflow and tech. Well what do I know, im just a lowly peasant character artist who worked on some games in the past. I'm not a graphic programmer who can see 4D with my third eye. :messenger_weary:

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

I can see that however both companies are anti consumer. They don't give a dang about the users on other platforms they only care about their own. Because they don't benefit from the others.

It's part of business and it's something that we as consumers are going to have to deal with.

Complaining about it constantly on the internet won't change anything. Only legal action can force these companies to change if it gets bad enough.
Or we can keep complaining about it.. because that actually does work pretty well when enough people make a big deal out of a practice (this very forum basically took credit for Microsoft changing their DRM policy last minute last gen.)

Instead it's a thing that just gets endlessly defended by gamers because it's fuel for a console war for them.

zaitsu

Banned
No worries with the wall of text (mine was larger). I completely understand the "guessing" and estimation on my part is not exact and I never suggested it was. However, my first 3 points focus on known quantities, which is to say that based on the official published specs, the PS5 GPU is still a bit faster than an RX 5700 XT and therefore an RTX 2070 & RTX 2070 Super . That's just looking at the numbers and the actual game performance data that currently exists completely omitting the unknown benefits of RDNA 2, console optimization etc. How much of a benefit those things may represent of course is still unknown. But even without knowing that, it's still evident that it's above an RTX 2070 & RTX 2070 Super in the worst case.
I agree on PS5 being at least better than 2070 super, there is no way around that. How much better is yet to see. But still we are comparing it to PC GPUs, and PS5 has much different architecture than common PC build and also much better API to utylise it's hardware. It would suprise me if PS5 exclusive developed games provide much better graphic than 2080 ti ever could. The phrase that stuck in my head " PS5 is first of it's kind ". Like iOS performing better than android in RAM mangment even having it 4x times less, software and hardware perfectly matched.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom