• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
I asked you how many hours do you think these sony officials were laughing behind the camera from conception to production of this troll video of theirs.
Can you estimate?
Being frank is not bad, that video greenberg commented on was funny. Deal with it

You’re so bitter about Xbox’s failure of the past few years, aren’t you? The venom that you direct at a thirty second video made six years ago certainly makes it seem that way.

Greenberg continues to amplify the console wars on social media, and, just like every other time, it’ll blow up in his face. And when it does, you’ll still find somebody else to blame, other than the senior management of XBox - the very people you should be most critical of as an Xbox fan.

JonnyMP3

This is the kind of shit I really hate, I was educating @geordiemp the other night on this exact thing, linking him slides, guiding him through the information and bam he just comes on here and steals my thunder.

I am sick of this kind of shit, its always happening to me.
I am done sharing my technical knowledge from now on, this forum will suffer because of a few selfish individuals.

And with the ps5 breakdown probably happening in the next month or so, you have just lost your forums Einstein because of this.

Good Job Geordie, GOOD FUCKING JOB
I've missed this shit!

I remember there was alot of fear that Sony would do the same. Basically the argument that Microsoft wouldn't do something like that if the competition wasn't doing the same.

I can certainly see it as a jab at the competition but then again it was something they needed to clear up. They killed two birds with one stone by making that video.

giphy.gif
No cornholio, that sony video other than pure trollish was also DAMAGING. to YOUR interests!
I've written about this again, let me do a recap:

Microsoft planned to go digital, and they were offering a very sweet deal compared to existing digital policies (ie PC)
ONE license could be shared among 10 friends. their "friends and family" list.
Now, within the same generation that launched with sony officials fuckin' trolling blatantly microsoft's offering,
we have digital adoption that is very close to 50% and climbing mighty fast.
What's the difference? ONE license is good for ONE person. that's 10X damage for the consumer.
Microsoft was even talking about how you could even transfer (sell) your license digitally to your gamestops and what not, if you wanted to.

Now, I understand that 99% of the people in this thread are not clear-headed enough to understand. That's ok. I'm writing this for the 1%
Think about it..

You’re so bitter about Xbox’s failure of the past few years, aren’t you? The venom that you direct at a thirty second video made six years ago certainly makes it seem that way.
sorry but you don't have a clue

JonnyMP3

The crazy thing is i see we have lots of new members accounts, i will probably get reported for it, better still they report Geordie and he gets a Ban lol. I would seriously wet myself if that happens, mind you, i am a fish doh.
Yeah there's a bit of an influx on the hype train for some mysterious reason...
Thank Fuck!
Can't wait for Wednesday to actually see more stuff being shown. Feel like I'm stuck in some sort of temporal hell of deja vu with the same recurring arguments and bullshit.
Coming into this thread feels like gaf is telling me "YOU DIED" and I'm being resurrected.
Let's face it... We're all getting PS5's. We just want to see what we'll get to do and play on the fucker.

Coming into this thread feels like gaf is telling me "YOU DIED" and I'm being resurrected

Hopefully without the one minute loading times. Easily what I hated the most about Bloodborne when it came out.

He will likely say this: Don't worry guys Final Fantasy will also be coming to XSX and XSS.

That's what he did last time and then he will drop something about multiplats being better on the X in addition to criticizing the price in some way. That's what I'm expecting from him.

Last edited:

sircaw

Banned
Yeah there's a bit of an influx on the hype train for some mysterious reason...
Thank Fuck!
Can't wait for Wednesday to actually see more stuff being shown. Feel like I'm stuck in some sort of temporal hell of deja vu with the same recurring arguments and bullshit.
Coming into this thread feels like gaf is telling me "YOU DIED" and I'm being resurrected.
Let's face it... We're all getting PS5's. We just want to see what we'll get to do and play on the fucker.

100% i have felt the burnt out too, first thing i saw when i came back was TheGreatWhiteShark TheGreatWhiteShark still arguing about something fucking stupid that people don't really care about. I was like really, your still fighting that war haha. i am actually starting to feel sorry for the dude, he is either really unwell or Microsoft should pay him more, a lot more for his bullshit lol. Bless him tbh.

And yer its coming, finally, let's hope its enough to sate our expectations, cos as soon as we see all that on wens, we will be like more more more haha.

As to be expected.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
$399 Digital
$499 Full Fat

Providing they've got Spiderman and the like ready for launch, it will stell strongly.

If it's less that that ($349 or even $299 for Digital) then it will seriously cripple Xbox.

They're making millions more than xbox, so they have a better deal with AMD, and both consoles are actually the same but one is discless, so R&D is done once. XSX is totally different than XSS, both have their own R&D, so they are already losing money in both consoles as they have low expectations. Satya won't think for too long before he sacks Phil Spencer or even probably axe xbox division.

Last edited:
100% i have felt the burnt out too, first thing i saw when i came back was TheGreatWhiteShark TheGreatWhiteShark still arguing about something fucking stupid that people don't really care about. I was like really, your still fighting that war haha. i am actually starting to feel sorry for the dude, he is either really unwell or Microsoft should pay him more, a lot more for his bullshit lol. Bless him tbh.
I am only replying back when quoted silly fishy, sorry it breaks your narrative, but I support my thesis as I should.
About the underlined, I will let it slide this time because I know you are a funny little fish, but there won't be a second time.

The Unforeseen

Neo Member
In regards to pricing, I think $100 difference is too much. I know the argument about the market going the digital route and Sony wanted to push that particular console more. But it really is shafting the people who want the physical version a bit too much I think, and leaves a somewhat bitter taste in the mouth, which would have been slated not so long ago. I know times and tech move quickly, but I feel its perhaps a bit too soon for such a disregard to the disc drive version. It could be said what's the point of the all digital console if its only 50 cheaper, but then whats the point of the disc version if its 100 more, just existing so it can rip off the not insignificant number of people who still want to stick discs into a machine? Sure it could technically not be a rip off if Sony are taking a loss on the digital version, but its all relative.

I guess the question is, is this the last gen for dics, or is this the stepping stone towards the last gen (or half gen) for them, and how smooth do Sony want that transition to be. I think some balance could be found. Maybe if the Disc version is 480 (undercutting the X just about) and the digital version is 400 then it might be a little easier to stomach for the put-a-disc-in-the-slot fans, while still offering a compelling reason to go all digital. But we will see.

sircaw

Banned
I am only replying back when quoted silly fishy, sorry it breaks your narrative, but I support my thesis as I should.
About the underlined, I will let it slide this time because I know you are a funny little fish, but there won't be a second time.

I admire your persistence, i think there are better ways to troll but each to their own m8, each to their own.

Gediminas

Banned

Greenberg continues to amplify the console wars on social media, and, just like every other time, it’ll blow up in his face. And when it does, you’ll still find somebody else to blame, other than the senior management of XBox - the very people you should be most critical of as an Xbox fan.
the critique is last thing they do on xbox. just look at them, like recent event in may was bottom rock, backlash was huge, they said they will learn, but they came back into next show with overhype and just drop with the face down, it was embarrassing to watch. they don't learn, they are not willing to listen. at this point, they are looking like a clowns. just look at the Spencer-delusional spinner and Greenberg-out of touch with reality, what do you expect from the rest of xbox?

Elog

A spec bump probably isn't even possible due to the testing that they have already done to ensure that the current cooling system is capable of dissipating the right amount of heat. Then when you factor in that Cerny already talked about how above 2.23GHz chip logic began to fail and how they found the right thermal density for CPU and GPU clocks I don't see how the APU can see any more improvement.

RAM might just be the only thing they can bump but even that is doubtful because DRAM prices are extremely high right now. The specs are locked and we should be grateful with what we have. 10.23TF GPU, 3.5GHz CPU, 448GB/s across 16GB GDDR6. This is a huge base spec for first party developers to target and is ample for 4K gaming.

An actual hardware spec bump should be impossible this late - I completely agree with you there (apart from some frequency tweaking). The question is where that RT solution is on the PS5. I am still confounded by the fact that the test results that were released from AMD (both XSX and PS5 - did not contain any PS5 RT data but did contain XSX RT data). That does not make any sense if the PS5 uses the standard RDNA2 CU design.

There could be something hidden in the RT hardware that indirectly would be positive for the overall specs (that is not a spec bump of course but would be perceived as such). The RT performance has so far been surprisingly positive in the shows from the PS5.

JonnyMP3

And yer its coming, finally, let's hope its enough to sate our expectations, cos as soon as we see all that on wens, we will be like more more more haha.

As to be expected.
Being ill makes you realise how much energy you don't have spare to deal with these idiots, don't it?
This is why I've gone down the ignore route and just slowly devolving into a gibbering wreck waiting for news of gameplay. Everyone else can argue until the generation after starts to happen.
I just want to play the next gen games that take advantage of next gen hardware instead of arguing about the hardware itself now.
Fuck it! I'll go ahead and say it.
Xbox has no games. Because nothing big or AAA has been shown properly on actual hardware compared to PS5. It's all running on PC based on specs.
At least with Ratchet and Clank and Miles Morales, it's all running on actual hardware as disclaimed yet there's still contention??
As I said before, done with the mental illness. But when Timdog, Colt, Greenberg, Nelson etc are just such spin merchants... Everything is just a constant war. We need a megaton bomb of games and information just to know I'm not bored in 2021.

Alex Scott

In regards to pricing, I think $100 difference is too much. I know the argument about the market going the digital route and Sony wanted to push that particular console more. But it really is shafting the people who want the physical version a bit too much I think, and leaves a somewhat bitter taste in the mouth, which would have been slated not so long ago. I know times and tech move quickly, but I feel its perhaps a bit too soon for such a disregard to the disc drive version. It could be said what's the point of the all digital console if its only 50 cheaper, but then whats the point of the disc version if its 100 more, just existing so it can rip off the not insignificant number of people who still want to stick discs into a machine? Sure it could technically not be a rip off if Sony are taking a loss on the digital version, but its all relative.

I guess the question is, is this the last gen for dics, or is this the stepping stone towards the last gen (or half gen) for them, and how smooth do Sony want that transition to be. I think some balance could be found. Maybe if the Disc version is 480 (undercutting the X just about) and the digital version is 400 then it might be a little easier to stomach for the put-a-disc-in-the-slot fans, while still offering a compelling reason to go all digital. But we will see.
I disagree. Sony likely doesn't care how customers feel disc being 100 dollar's more. AS long as you as a gamer buy from THEIR STORE, they rather want that due to high profit margins through sale, micro transactions, dlc and others.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
the critique is last thing they do on xbox. just look at them, like recent event in may was bottom rock, backlash was huge, they said they will learn, but they came back into next show with overhype and just drop with the face down, it was embarrassing to watch. they don't learn, they are not willing to listen. at this point, they are looking like a clowns. just look at the Spencer-delusional spinner and Greenberg-out of touch with reality, what do you expect from the rest of xbox?

I find it all incredibly frustrating, because at their core, they do have a good product to sell. And I want XBox to do well, to keep Sony on their toes, which is good for all of us. But the endless bullshit coming from the likes of Greenberg et al. is jaw-dropping. They could have started this generation the way Sony did the last - humble and wanting to do better. But no. We get the same empty promises, lies, deliberate leaks, social media influencer ties, and hubris. And it will all blow up in their faces... again.

Shio

Do you think it matters what happens to xbox one and ps4 once the new consoles launch? surely a sale of a ps4 is still making sure a customer doesnt get into the xbox ecosystem? Could sony or microsoft orice the ps4 or xbox one so low as to ensure people get them instead? Like 149.99 or somerhing like that?

sircaw

Banned
Being ill makes you realise how much energy you don't have spare to deal with these idiots, don't it?
This is why I've gone down the ignore route and just slowly devolving into a gibbering wreck waiting for news of gameplay. Everyone else can argue until the generation after starts to happen.
I just want to play the next gen games that take advantage of next gen hardware instead of arguing about the hardware itself now.
Fuck it! I'll go ahead and say it.
Xbox has no games. Because nothing big or AAA has been shown properly on actual hardware compared to PS5. It's all running on PC based on specs.
At least with Ratchet and Clank and Miles Morales, it's all running on actual hardware as disclaimed yet there's still contention??
As I said before, done with the mental illness. But when Timdog, Colt, Greenberg, Nelson etc are just such spin merchants... Everything is just a constant war. We need a megaton bomb of games and information just to know I'm not bored in 2021.

I mean its some sort of mental sickness, i have seen people calling out id software guys saying these guys don't know what they are talking about.
You got that That fucking fool Eastwood arguing with people on twitter again, ok he is 100% shill and is probably getting paid or is getting a free xbox for all his videos but jeez, have some self-respect.

As for TheGreatWhiteShark TheGreatWhiteShark , the proof will be in the pudding on Wens night, is he still going to be completely in denial or will he finally join in and praise the ps5 and what he sees, we know it's going to be big.

I think he is still going to find a way to try and throw shade at the show, but maybe he might see sense, don't bank on it though. I do live in hope.

After seeing the new horizon dawn two trailer or God of war trailer he will be like "BUT BUT GAMEPASS DUDES" LOL

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Do you think it matters what happens to xbox one and ps4 once the new consoles launch? surely a sale of a ps4 is still making sure a customer doesnt get into the xbox ecosystem? Could sony or microsoft orice the ps4 or xbox one so low as to ensure people get them instead? Like 149.99 or somerhing like that?

I fully expect the Ps4 to go under the Series S for Xmas. Probably $250 range. Possibly bundled with a game or two.

The Unforeseen

Neo Member
I disagree. Sony likely doesn't care how customers feel disc being 100 dollar's more. AS long as you as a gamer buy from THEIR STORE, they rather want that due to high profit margins through sale, micro transactions, dlc and others.

Well they should care what they think considering its a significant percentage of their customers. This might apply when the great majority are going to go digital, I do get the reasons why they'd want this. But if it feels like Sony are too strongly coercing their customers to go that way it just feels not quite right, to me anyway. But as I said, we will see. I won't be surprised if they go either way with it and it wont make a difference with what I do personally.

yewles1

This is the kind of shit I really hate, I was educating @geordiemp the other night on this exact thing, linking him slides, guiding him through the information and bam he just comes on here and steals my thunder.

I am sick of this kind of shit, its always happening to me.
I am done sharing my technical knowledge from now on, this forum will suffer because of a few selfish individuals.

And with the ps5 breakdown probably happening in the next month or so, you have just lost your forums Einstein because of this.

Good Job Geordie, GOOD FUCKING JOB
#FishDiva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom