• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
Banderas day has arrived

tenor.gif

Redlancet

Banned
It’s a problem with Sony. The USA based media always try to find ways to stop their domination. Always trying to downplay them. It happened with the PS4 launch also. Everything was “Sony too” when Microsoft was doing dumb shit
usa media (and some european outlets) are in bed with microsoft,i get it,they recieved more personal "coverage" with them,but they always have a softspot for microsoft,its so blatan sometimes

aclar00

usa media (and some european outlets) are in bed with microsoft,i get it,they recieved more personal "coverage" with them,but they always have a softspot for microsoft,its so blatan sometimes

Generally media (loosely used since most news outlets mentioned on GAF are Twitter Dudes) will hype the underdogs and attack the champ. Overall it just makes for more interesting stories. If MSFT were on top theyd be hounded more.

I love living in Australia. But fuck me, what a shit time zone. Showcase is at 6am Thursday. Right when I gotta be at work.

Media blackout till I get home? Or sneak a peek at GAF on my break?

I am in the same position. However, as I am working Night Shift tonight, my dilemma is whether to leave work early or watch it at work. :pie_thinking:

And to add to our timezone issue is the Australia tax when the consoles finally do arrive.

GianEnemyCrab

Neo Member
Going back to the staggered release debate, I kinda doubt that it will not be done globally.

First of all Jim Ryan said it will launch simultaneously around the world, haven't hear something that will say otherwise.

Second of all the production numbers are way higher than those of the PS4 around the same period close to launch (this is just a rumour though)

Xbox will launch globally in all territories and I highly doubt Sony will give them a chance to start earlier than them in the EU or Asia for example which one of their biggest markets.

TBiddy

Oh TBiddy TBiddy , old friend. old pal, are you looking forward to tomorrow night.

Give me your hopes and desires from the show.

I am, actually!

I hope Sony will deliver the goods. Maybe show extended gameplay from Horizon and GT, or snippets from Silent Hill, if that turns out to be real. R&C doesn't do it for me, but I get the appeal for some.

Also, deep inside, I hope they price it at 549$ for DE and 599$ for standard edition, just to watch the drama unfold afterwards.

Competition... with what games?

This thread never fails to deliver stupid posts. It's amazing.

Last edited:

sircaw

Banned
I am, actually!

I hope Sony will deliver the goods. Maybe show extended gameplay from Horizon and GT, or snippets from Silent Hill, if that turns out to be real. R&C doesn't do it for me, but I get the appeal for some.

Also, deep inside, I hope they price it at 549$ for DE and 599$ for standard edition, just to watch the drama unfold afterwards.

I really hope that's not the case or i will be on a ps4 pro forever.

MastaKiiLA

I love living in Australia. But fuck me, what a shit time zone. Showcase is at 6am Thursday. Right when I gotta be at work.

I thought I had it bad. 3am showtimes for me, here in Thailand. Not the worst, since I'm a nightowl anyway. It's better than trying to catch eastern conference NBA games. Last night I only saw the first 5 minutes of the Heat game, and then passed out. I had a team call right when I woke up at 11. I'm slowly mastering the art of the siesta. The joys of working from home.

ArcaneNLSC

I know the pain 6am starts for shows isn't great luckily I own my own business so I can yell at myself if I choose to for being late or going back to bed after the show

Redlancet

Banned
Generally media (loosely used since most news outlets mentioned on GAF are Twitter Dudes) will hype the underdogs and attack the champ. Overall it just makes for more interesting stories. If MSFT were on top theyd be hounded more.
im not sure,on the ps3 vs 360,they ware so one sided it was ridiculous,i remember some guys on podcasts and members of the press when they been asked why they always choose the 360 version their answer was always because its better,the same guys when the xbox one versions where worse used another argument to buy that version

also if we think american gaming press have a softspot for microsoft,thats nothing of the bias they have for nintendo,its ten times much obvious

Zheph

im not sure,on the ps3 vs 360,they ware so one sided it was ridiculous,i remember some guys on podcasts and members of the press when they been asked why they always choose the 360 version their answer was always because its better,the same guys when the xbox one versions where worse used another argument to buy that version

also if we think american gaming press have a softspot for microsoft,thats nothing of the bias they have for nintendo,its ten times much obvious
Yeah sadly its the same everywhere for Nintendo, I guess nostalgia is playing a big part

zaitsu

Banned
Im playstation fanboy ( i can admit that, and some people here cant admit that the are xbox or pc fanboys)
And i have said positive things about xbox lately:
1) GP is great value which i personally dont care but still
2) pricing is awesome
3) ive like t desgin of both MS consoles and i can imagine them in my living room, because it's not spaceship interior for PS5
I dont like the other stuff ( no exclusives on 2 years launch, low-end SKU making life harder for bigger brother and gaming industry at whole , gold needed for F2P games, Aaron fueling consol warring etc.)

In the end of the day I'M playstation fan.
I was PC fan backdays, x360 was main platform and i didn't have PS3 ever.

Im trying to not invole emotionally with some brand.
Im just choosing the console which fits my preferences. And Sony exclusives games are something that i just need to follow because on PS4 generation beside RDR2 and Witcher 3 there were almost no games that can compete with Sony games. Its my personal opinion of course, and i will make my purchase descision solely on that.

Best Megadeth album
Best speed metal/thrash album
Absolute sonic assault

Yep. Out of the big four Megadeth are the most technically talented. Take just one of Friedman's solos from Rust and it blows everything else out the water. And Mustaine writes riffs like solos. Face ripping. I listen to em when Spence dog needs to feel it a bit harder and faster. 🔥 😍

On full Fud patrol Alert today.

Full Battle Stations.

Got my eyes on you TheGreatWhiteShark TheGreatWhiteShark
Goodmorning agent fishy :messenger_beaming:
I'll be a little busy as I am rounding up some infos about what is happening in a specific factory in China right now, and more importantly how the corpo decides to handle it.

Can't say more right now, but here is a scoop just for you:

giphy.gif

Im playstation fanboy ( i can admit that, and some people here cant admit that the are xbox or pc fanboys)
And i have said positive things about xbox lately:
1) GP is great value which i personally dont care but still
2) pricing is awesome
3) ive like t desgin of both MS consoles and i can imagine them in my living room, because it's not spaceship interior for PS5
I dont like the other stuff ( no exclusives on 2 years launch, low-end SKU making life harder for bigger brother and gaming industry at whole , gold needed for F2P games, Aaron fueling consol warring etc.)

In the end of the day I'M playstation fan.
I was PC fan backdays, x360 was main platform and i didn't have PS3 ever.

Im trying to not invole emotionally with some brand.
Im just choosing the console which fits my preferences. And Sony exclusives games are something that i just need to follow because on PS4 generation beside RDR2 and Witcher 3 there were almost no games that can compete with Sony games. Its my personal opinion of course, and i will make my purchase descision solely on that.

Same, a PlayStation Fan since 1995. But you got to give credit where credit's due, MS has turned things around for the brand of Xbox. Compare them to where they were at the start of the current gen back in 2013 to where they are right now, it's a staggering improvement. Game Pass is insane value, they've got the most powerful console, their pricing for Series X is absolute steal. Only wish they didn't introduce a lower powered next gen sku

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
On Amazon UK, the landing page for PlayStation 5 has been taken down.

This means a major alteration is being carried out.

Definite price and release date tonight. Potentially pre-orders as well.

Nice spot! F5 button getting polished as we speak, I hope you are right, my wallet is ready!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom