• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
(y)
Sure, but then one should not be interested in technology discussions, and even more should not try to misrepresent/misinterpret technical details.

You both have a technical disagreement which, it seems, won't be settled at this time. Perhaps at a later time, perhaps not at all. Personally, just advice, if you feel that you have a better technical perspective than someone else and they are providing technical details, provide the technical rebuttal to them and perhaps the public to consume.

Thus far, in this current debate happening at the moment, I see only one side being technical while the other provides none. If you wish to garner support for your commentary, it is my suggestion, you do the same. If not, it may be good to agree to disagree. Either way, I'd wager the community would appreciate the validation or end of the discussion. Again, just my personal opinion, and purely intended to be helpful.

Also.. I wouldn't necessarily understand anyway ;)

Edit: I wouldn't say that one who doesn't understand technology shouldn't be interested in tech discussions. That's stupid. I don't need to currently understand how my smartphone works to be interested in trying to learn about the tech behind it. Who knows.. I might suddenly learn something and then understand it.

Last edited:

Dibils2k

0_GettyImages-1261723959.jpg
if only you could manage to win those in 1 season, that would be impressive

Last edited:

FranXico

Your overlord has spoken and have struct down the FUD demons. Kneel at the alter and bathe in the glorious word of your lord from on high. Really, there is no need to be upset.
Praise the Xbox God, for delivering GamePass, for we are not worthy.
In the end, the Sony Devil will be banished!

Eternal Peace, in perpetual subscription. Praised be Phil.

Last edited:
The disabled CU is to account for particulate defects primarily, luck, and if a part of a chip fails, its often not worth the effort in reverse engineering it.
Once again you are proving that you have absolutely no idea about what you are always talking about.
Disabled CUs are happening to ensure that physical yields, ie defects are dealt with from the get-go and never are a problem.
I asked you about parametric yields, you wrote (copied?) a bunch of stuff, and still you only managed to prove that your knowledge about the things you are talking about is MINIMAL.

[In fact, bloomberg article sure talks about the latter, using the word "unstable" among other things. But you didn't understand. makes sense.]

Now, I don't want to waste any more time on this. But if you do, let's do it on another topic or another day.
People today are not interested in technology details, whether they are real or ...imaginary

Last edited:

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
On PS4 and switch same date.

Yes, which means it could be just a mistake on Best Buy's site.. or.. maybe not. I tend to think it is a mistake, but.... Usually, they put TBA or something else though as they have for other titles. For example, Cold War on PS5 on their site says "Release Date:Not Announced". Same for NBA 2K21 and AC: Valhalla for example.

Amazon.com's site, has the Just Dance title with a placeholder date as it should.

DaGwaphics

I don't really know about his PS5 predictions, but it seems he was right about the RTX I/O, at least according to this post. And I don't know what else he got right but I just wanted to mention this. We will know about his GOW claims in a few hours tho.

Didn't nVidia directly state that RTX I/O was not a cache but a direct path from storage to VRAM? Wouldn't a cache, by definition, still have all data going to system RAM, with some data being cached ahead to increase the speed of access. 🤷‍♂️

Unless you are looking at the SSD itself as a cache for VRAM, I guess you could call it a "cache" with that way of thinking.

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

With MS, they have a bigger die, but much lower clocks, wide except for the shader arrays which are same number. I get they clocked low for server, but why has the console also go a low clock for RDNA2. When pC parts come out, it will be clearer.

I assume MS was just playing it safe with thermals, as they did with X1 (knocking some clockspeed off the top of the 580).

LiquidRex

MGS full RT/3D audio Stealth demo... Bring it on this Wednesday. 😜
Silent Hill soft reboot demo... Bring it on this Wednesday.
The truth behind Project Athia... Bring it on this Wednesday.
GOW technical demo similar to the Spiderman PS5 prototype demonstration shown behind closed doors... Bring it on this Wednesday.

Or maybe not 😜

Wednesday I'm sure will have some surprises. 😋

Lets see what Greatness awaits.

Shame I'm working tonight... I know one thing, they'll be a ton of reaction videos on YouTube this week. 😜

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom