• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Moose

MbKJA9R.jpg

Also available on pc
Didn't the others say PlayStation Console Exclusive with an Also available on PC under, not PlayStation Exclusive? Hmm.

icerock

Oh shit, another mega-ton on that PS Blog.

In addition, in order to continue supporting the PlayStation®4 (PS4®)'s huge community throughout the transition period, we are working on PS4 versions of some SIE WWS titles in parallel: Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Sackboy! A Big Adventure and Horizon Forbidden West

Horizon:Forbidden West is cross-gen. I do remember reading rumors about development starting as a PS4 title first.

Mr Moose

Could it be an error. DeS is Sony IP and says "other consoles" together with Playstation Exclusive.
I just noticed that looking at the trailer lmao wtf? It's coming to Xbox as well now? AHAHAH WTF Sony?
Can't be PlayStation exclusive if it's coming to PC AND other consoles, what weird messaging.

Last edited:
How is it a third party game? Isn't Demon Souls Sony's IP?
Edit: I know that Bluepoint is a third party developer but still the IP belongs to Sony. This shows me they have an interest in the PC market
Yes you are right. And Spider-Man is crosd gen and most exclusives are on PC. What the fuck? They gave me a reason to buy RTX3080 😂. We accept 10 TFs because of exclusives 🤣

Andodalf

Banned
"Furthermore, in order to continue to support the huge community of PlayStation®4 (PS4®) during the transition period of generations, we are working on the PS4 version of some SIE WWS titles in parallel. "Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales", "Libitz! "Big Adventure" and "Horizon Forbidden West" are made by taking advantage of the performance of PS5's ultra-high-speed SSD and DualSense wireless controller, but we are preparing to enjoy it on PS4, and the PS5 version will be released. At the same time, PS4 version will be released. If you purchase the PS4 version of these titles, you can upgrade to the PS5 version (with a disk drive) for free (* 3)."

From PS BLog JApan

SSfox

Incredible show

FF16 holy grail, Spiderman MM neat, Demon Souls Kreygasm, Price reveal is pretty much what most expected.

And ending it with GIGATONBOMBE GOW Ragnarok............

Coming 2021,,,, WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

GOW2 and Horizon 2 on 2021, OMGGG WOW.

Super excited about Horizon, but much much more about GOW2, Kratos is LIFE!!

Vae_Victis

Banned
If even Horizon will have a PS4 version eventually, I'm assuming that's what they mean for Demon's Souls?

I'm not sure there is much of a point to scaling back games after the fact, but I guess there is still some degree of sense there. Definitely more than releasing Demon's Souls on Xbox.

Additionally, we know that the PS4 community will transition to PS5 at different times, and we’re happy to announce PS4 versions of some of our exclusives. Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Sackboy A Big Adventure, and Horizon Forbidden West will also launch on PS4. While these three games were designed to take advantage of PS5 and its unique next-gen features like the ultra-high-speed SSD and DualSense controller, PS4 owners will also be able to enjoy these experiences when they launch. The PS4 digital versions of launch games include a free upgrade on both PS5 consoles, while the PS4 disc versions of these games include a free upgrade on the PS5 with Ultra HD Blu-Ray disc drive.
https://blog.playstation.com/2020/0...499-for-ps5-with-ultra-hd-blu-ray-disc-drive/
giphy.gif

Vae_Victis

Banned
yes, it is a proper console exclusive, but it is remaster of the ps3 game, full disclosure; i am not a fan of remasters
It's a remake, not a remaster. They did it completely from zero using the original as a model to copy. A remaster implies you are taking an existing game and modifying its assets and engine directly.

icerock

$10 hike on all their FP stuff basically, your AAA stuff.

Not gonna lie, pretty bummed about this news and Horizon II being cross-gen. Deep into 2021, your FP stuff shouldn't be cross-gen at all. We we hearing about flying mounts being in on Horizon II, and now having to run on toaster from 2013. RIP that dream.

Spider-Man MM made sense, given how little the gap was between 2018 release and it being a launch title but Horizon man. That should've been your technical showcase. Well the silver lining is, that game looks incredibly beautiful on PS5 despite being cross-gen. My mind really wonders what GoW II will look like, since that is PS5 only and being built by a juggernaut PS Studio.

zaitsu

Banned
PlayStation 5 Launch Day Games from SIE Worldwide Studios
  • Astro’s Playroom (Japan Studio) – pre-installed on PS5
  • Demon’s Souls (Bluepoint Games / Japan Studio) – US$69.99/¥7,900/€79.99 (RRP)
  • Destruction All Stars (Lucid Games / XDEV) – US$69.99/¥7,900/€79.99 (RRP)
  • Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales (Insomniac Games) – US$49.99/¥5,900/€59.99 (RRP)
  • Marvel’s Spider-Man: Mile Morales Ultimate Edition (Insomniac Games) – US$69.99/¥7,900/€79.99 (RRP)
  • Sackboy A Big Adventure (Sumo Digital / XDEV) – US$59.99/¥6,900/€69.99 (RRP)

edotlee

Dimensions and weight of the PS5:

PS5:約390mm×104mm×260mm (幅×高さ×奥行)
PS5デジタル・エディション:約390mm×92mm×260mm (幅×高さ×奥行)
PS5:約4.5kg
PS5デジタル・エディション:約3.9kg

Its a big library of free games to play day 1 so you get lots. Lots of people missed many of those games over the years.

Oh ok. It's a great way to entice xbox gamers I guess. Would that apply to day 1 buyers only though? I mean how long would the games stay available in ps plus? Well, available for a month sounds reasonable.

Andodalf

Banned
It's a remake, not a remaster. They did it completely from zero using the original as a model to copy. A remaster implies you are taking an existing game and modifying its assets and engine directly.

If it's like bluepoints past games, their own custom engine runs on top of the game logic of the OG game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom