• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zathalus

I dont care about first party that has been recompiled and being re-released witgh new optimisations, it will run better on PC as well. So what.

Do you still think XSX will have a 18 % advantage over ps5 on third party lol. Oh how times have changed.
So you basically don't give a damn about facts, just what suits your narrative? Why bother arguing with you if you are going to be so intellectually dishonest.? Gears Tactics is the exact same version of the PC game, it's not going to suddenly run magically better.

Just lay it out straight, you are a fan boy who refuses to entertain any evidence of the XSX performing well.

"Don't care about first party", what shit argument is that.

geordiemp

I didn't say that.

The XSX has the advantage on the three most important metrics, that will show easily over time. Like it always has in the past.

3 most important metrics according to Ricky ?

You realise RDNA2 PC parts with 80 CU use a 256 bit bus. You might want to reconsider that one.

Oh, and 80 CU runs at 2.2 Ghz, you might wnat to recondier your other points as well.

Oh, and pC parts have similar arch to ps5, 10 CU per shader core,

Its too easy, I am off for a beer. Make sure to come back when we see comparisons and tell us what happend to 18 %.

Dont forget.

Last edited:
Rumours don't mean anything.

Cold hard reality is in the three most important specs the XSX wins them all and two of them by quite a margin. It'll become very obvious as time goes by.
3% in cpu, 18% in gpu, and as for the memory bandwidth, keep in mind the ps5 can use 12 or 13GB for graphics at full bandwidth and the xbox only 10GB unless it wants to use lower bandwidth memory.

Not only that but the ps5 has like 2+X improvement in ssd, that will help with streaming and new content. And the ssd is said to have ram, while series x is said lacks ram, without ram it is said ssd performance can be unreliable and it can throttle from time to time.

If you need my expertise i will be in the Butt or boobs channel, this is beneath me.

Holy crap I'm going there.

whoa-check-it-out-butt-head-cks-this-chick-has-three-2713828.png

Lynyrd

Neo Member
I was using the PS3 emulation to help illustrate my point, that XSX BC is emulating GCN.

and IF xsx is more powerful than ps5, what are you going to do with that? I don't understand, PS5 it's not going to vanish from existence and people will still have 2 options which is GOOD for the consumer, check what happened with Intel vs AMD for a long time.

Last edited:

geordiemp

PS5 teardown in depth(Japanese)
https://www.4gamer.net/games/990/G999027/20201016035/

Some intesting point
-Sony used latest CAE technology to design the airflow inside PS5
-Chimney effect is at the measurement error level
-SSD slot can accept <8mm tall heatsink
-2 exhaust holes are provided for SSD slot, take the heat away by negative pressure
-not recommended to use heatsink that are high enough to touch the metal cover

Also ps5 DE is 0.95 x the volume of XSX (smaller but different shape.). Ps5 disk is 5 % bigger by volume.

away due to a lot more powerful GPU

'a lot'

Averages around 20% advantage when calculating CU's and rasterization's.

a faster CPU

At 3% you'll be waiting for a while.

much faster memory bandwidth.

37% of the RAM is slower on Series X.

A triple advantage

In your head as you conveniently ignored the biggest difference by far between both consoles aka the 100%+ speed difference between the SSD's.

Confirmed devs have said this is the closest two consoles have ever been power wise. I highly suggest you put more focus and energy on the games instead.

Last edited:

Zathalus

running native means it is not emulation. It might not use features of rdna, but it is not emulating, it is running native in rdna. Unless xsx has actual full gcn h/w it can't run native on gcn.
Microsoft has stated its emulating and not taking advantage of RDNA improvments.

I'm not going into tin foil hat territory and accuse them of hiding the truth.

Mr Moose

Nice although I prefer Pacífico or XX. Both are pretty refreshing but if I want something darker I would go with Modelo Negro if we are talking about South American beers. For really good black beer I would go with a good old fashioned porter or Oyster Stout.
I love Japanese beers (Sapporo, Kirin Ichiban, Asahi) and IPAs mainly, but I'll drink just about anything :D

I love Japanese beers (Sapporo, Kirin Ichiban, Asahi) and IPAs mainly, but I'll drink just about anything :D

Ooo I love Asahi it's one of my favorites from Asia. And then there's Tiger beer from Singapore which I love alot. My parents are into Singha but I really don't like it.

As for IPAs I stay away from VooDoo since it's a bit too strong for me. But I do like the Lil Sumpin or a good old Boston IPA (Samuel Adams).

Battlefield and COD kids meet Sony, Sony meet the lobbies. You have your work cut out for you 😂

Sony Employee: Time to see what reports I have to listen too.

Troll: Your daddy's a poopy head because your mommys a bad poopy. Also you have cootis and uh play with dolls like a little girl. And you suck.

Sony Employee: I always have to get the little screaming kids......

Last edited:

xacto

Sony Employee: Time to see what reports I have to listen too.

Troll: Your daddy's a poopy head because your mommys a bad poopy. Also you have cootis and uh play with dolls like a little girl. And you suck.

Sony Employee: I always have to get the little screaming kids......

I was wondering, how many people will Sony allocate to this task; it sounds like a pretty shitty position, to be honest.

I was wondering, how many people will Sony allocate to this task; it sounds like a pretty shitty position, to be honest.

I definitely wouldn't want to be the guy that has to listen to reports. Imagine the number of people you have to listen to that get reports because they have music in the background?

xacto

They should introduce a function to automatically block any high pitched voices

"A whisper is about 30 dB, normal conversation is about 60 dB, and a motorcycle engine running is about 95 dB. Noise above 70 dB over a prolonged period of time may start to damage your hearing."

So probably what goes over 70 dB will be scrapped without even listening to that conversation 😂

I'm still wondering though, are they better than Sony MDR-7506? Those classic ones are praised for being extremely sensitive to low frequency audio up to high ones. I wonder why many musicians and producers prefer them? They cost less than Pulse 3D as well. We need to see reviews of them through the DualSense controller.

Sony_MDR-7506_30236247_10.jpg
Why is 43 yr old Larry David wearing those headphones?? :messenger_open_mouth:

sircaw

Banned
Rumours don't mean anything.

Cold hard reality is in the three most important specs the XSX wins them all and two of them by quite a margin. It'll become very obvious as time goes by.

on a serious note, are you going to be annoyed if xbox only comes slightly out in front or just on par in some of the benchmarks? We have heard for months how much more powerful the xbox is meant to be on paper,

We even had that Bafoon dealer saying 50 fps in one of his tweets. i mean your a person that sounds you live and die for the multiplat experience, if the first reviews come out showing parity, for example, are you going to swop to the ps5.

I mean if its parity then without a doubt the ps5 is the better place to play with the better controller, faster ssd and ofc the better sound engine.

Kerlurk

Banned
PS5 teardown in depth(Japanese)
https://www.4gamer.net/games/990/G999027/20201016035/

Some intesting point
-Sony used latest CAE technology to design the airflow inside PS5
-Chimney effect is at the measurement error level
-SSD slot can accept <8mm tall heatsink
-2 exhaust holes are provided for SSD slot, take the heat away by negative pressure
-not recommended to use heatsink that are high enough to touch the metal cover

Also ps5 DE is 0.95 x the volume of XSX (smaller but different shape.). Ps5 disk is 5 % bigger by volume.

I like the end to that interview.

Mr. Otori: We are producing at full capacity at the factory so that we can reach the people who want it. I did my best to make it, so please buy it!

For sure I will!

Riky

$MSFT
on a serious note, are you going to be annoyed if xbox only comes slightly out in front or just on par in some of the benchmarks? We have heard for months how much more powerful the xbox is meant to be on paper,

We even had that Bafoon dealer saying 50 fps in one of his tweets. i mean your a person that sounds you live and die for the multiplat experience, if the first reviews come out showing parity, for example, are you going to swop to the ps5.

I mean if its parity then without a doubt the ps5 is the better place to play with the better controller, faster ssd and ofc the better sound engine.

I'll have both consoles anyway, it will just decide for me what format my multiplats will be on. That was PS4 until the Xbox One X arrived and then I switched to Xbox.

If it's actual parity though I'll stick with Xbox, I play a lot of shooters online and nothing gets near the Elite Series 2 pad with paddles and the ability to tighten/loosen your sticks etc.

aclar00

RE3r
Good to know! I'm more tempted now to get my pair later! I'll wait for the reviews with PS5, as I'll most likely use it for PS5 and connect it to the tv via bluetooth to watch netflix as well.

just picked them up for $298 on Amazon with $25 gift card. We'll see how they sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom