• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps MS should although it would hit their value hard and increase the debt MS has. But it would provide something MS never managed to achieve - a successful presence in the consumer electronics space.
What does successful mean to you? MS managed to outsell both the Gamecube and the Wii U over a much more well known and dare I say successful Nintendo. Just because they didn't outsell the PlayStation doesn't mean they failed but if you are just fanboying I agree with you MS never had a successful presence in consumer electronics. Like I said some people just hate MS. That's fine but it doesn't change reality.

TLZ

Banned
Reality is you cant address what I asked, but keep spreading misinformation. How are you surprised that an OLD BC title that had pop in before when created has pop in now without ANY input from development?
What we understood, or what I understood, is that pop ins happened when the game is trying to load certain things, and when seeking for them on HDD, because the HDD is slow, it takes time to load. So when we replace the HDD with an SSD that is tons faster and has no seek times supposedly, pop ins should simply not happen. So for this to happen is bizarre. Some are even saying this didn't happen on the Xbox One even and only happening on the SX, which makes it even more bizarre.

Remind me wtf that has to do with you KNOWING this is a BC game and KNOWING that zero dev input doesnt fix old pop in? Get a life and stop trying to 1 up a plastic box LMFAO
Calm your tits please.

LivingD3AD

This dude took the fastest L in the west.

[/
ObW7ppZ.jpg

QUOTE]

Shmunter

So what happened, I was told that Series S would just deliver the same Xbox Series X game at reduced resolutions.....Some were even hyping Series S as the 1440p cousin of Series X....

Also, Direct X raytracing? Is that software based in this particular scenario?
Lucky X is even getting it. Lol, I kid, I kid, settle down.

Last edited:

xacto

Lol this guy never learns . He writes cheques with xbox capabilities that even satya nadalla cannot cash 🤣😅

Here's the explanation for you, my friend:

Delusional disorder, previously called paranoid disorder, is a type of serious mental illness — called a “psychosis”— in which a person cannot tell what is real from what is imagined. The main feature of this disorder is the presence of delusions, which are unshakable beliefs in something untrue.

I am sorry if it's too harsh, but as some president likes to say when confronted with hard truths, "it is what it is."

What does successful mean to you? MS managed to outsell both the Gamecube and the Wii U over a much more well known and dare I say successful Nintendo. Just because they didn't outsell the PlayStation doesn't mean they failed but if you are just fanboying I agree with you MS never had a successful presence in consumer electronics. Like I said some people just hate MS. That's fine but it doesn't change reality.

Personally, I wouldn't benchmark success against the weakest consoles Nintendo released. Low hanging fruit.

The X360 was the closest MS has come to having successful consumer hardware. Not sure if the RRoD was a help or a hindrance to sales. I know I bought a Falcon to replace my Xenon. But it cost them financially and they didn't make a profit over the generation.

geordiemp

Phil Spencer still can't decide if Bethesda's games will be exclusive to Xbox or not

Phil : I like the colour green, yes we prefer Orange of course, although red is intriguing and recently I have started to favour blue. However, black is the new pink and the trend is certainly favouring yellow/

What fucking colour do you like phil ?

jimbojim

Banned
Like I said Xbox fans are a totally different breed smdh lol

This quote aged so well, LOL :

Man, honestly, the more I read of Xbox fans in this thread spouting the stuff they do, attacking people who are trying to keep expectations realistic for them, even trying to steer the conversation into solid directions, the more I realize that the diehard Xbox fanbase here on GAF is easily some of the most delusional, hateful, willfully ignorant fandom i've ever seen.

onesvenus

DirectX RayTracing screams software based (calculations by CU itself) just like this:

Do you think all the things that can be done with DirectX are software based? 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
Even hardware implemented techniques need an API to use them. DXRT is an abstraction layer so you can program on it and be used both in Nvidia and AMD cards.

onesvenus

pop ins happened when the game is trying to load certain things, and when seeking for them on HDD, because the HDD is slow, it takes time to load. So when we replace the HDD with an SSD that is tons faster and has no seek times supposedly, pop ins should simply not happen
That's not the only thing that can cause pop-in. Things are culled until they are nearby to keep polygon budget all the time

• Thoughtful
Reactions: TLZ

Duchess

Amusingly, the first two games I'm going to be playing on my PS5 will be two current gen games: Ghost of Tsushima, and DOOM Eternal.

ToadMan

The one new thing I learned was that I had assumed when they originally announced the Zenimax deal that it had already been agreed upon and acquired, yet Spencer indicated that there likely would not be an actual agreement in place until next year and all they had done was announce their intention to acquire Zenimax and initiate an agreement, providing plenty of time for things to be altered and updated based on how this next-generation launch occurs.

Zenimax is a privately held company.

When MS announced the intention to buy it that means they had agreed in principle based on the valuation and anticipated legal terms.

They’ve signed a contract with zenimax to make the purchase and zenimax have agreed not to sell to anyone else for a period of time so MS can complete the transaction.

The thing that would stop it, is if MS discovered something In their audit that significantly affected the valuation - overlooked debt or other liabilities, outstanding legal action, technical obsolescence - those kind of things.

It’s a 99% done deal basically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom