• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankWza

in the end I think they are will be near identical in most games or if there is a difference it will be so minor it is not worth thinking about

This would be fine, but a LOT of time was spent telling us the x would be the best place for multiplats and would have a 20% power advantage. Throughput and SSD talk was mocked as was Cernys ability as a system architect. Secret sauce was thrown about regularly. Now those same people have to pretend they have a PS5 so they can be critical while appearing impartial. It was too much to take.I think that’s why the tensions are still high.

Last edited:

Vaztu

I am saying that his comment makes zero sense. The hardware in AMDs RDNA2 cards was locked in 2019.

Sony's earliest manufacturing date for PS5 is in May 2020. For Xbox Series X the earliest manufacturing date is September 2020.

Where did you get September 2020 from ?

There was FUD running this Summer that XSX already started production while PS5 is having 'overheating' issues, and cant start production.

The FUD started based on this article, from May:

T

Three Jackdaws

Unconfirmed Member
I think each console have advantages and disadvantages

series x have more cu units with lower clocks higher bandwidth

ps5 having less cu units but faster clocks faster ssd and i/o throughput

in the end I think they are will be near identical in most games or if there is a difference it will be so minor it is not worth thinking about
I agree for the most part, although the Series X bandwidth situation is a little more complicated, 10 GB of it is dedicated to the faster pool and the rest of the 6GB is dedicated to the slower pool. I don't see Series X having a bandwidth advantage over the PS5 but i could be wrong.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
yeah I would say pulses are on par with 7 linefrom arctis on PS5. You get a better build with arctis and more features with pulses. Makes the arctis overpriced. The Astros isn’t a fair comparison to mebecause usb audio wired is underpowered so it’s won’t sound any good and mixamps were designed to do audio over optical and usb was for mic only. Maybe an update can fix that. Platinum soundsbetter than pulses and arctis 7 on PS5 but the mic picks up a lot of background noise. Ymmv depending on fit.

Yes I would suggest Actris 7P for having fabric vs leather cups and for bigger ears, but Pulse 3D is very lightweight and comfy for me. So if you don't have big ears you might prefer the lightweight over the rigidity of Actris 7P. I'll continue with Pulse 3D as I'm happy with it and probably buy the new premium headset from Sony that's PS Platium successor. Pulse 3D is PS Gold successor AFAIK.

EDIT: You should find aftermarket mods for Pulse 3D like fabric cups like the ones you find for Gold and Platinum.

Last edited:
You must be new to Xbox.

tEDEsL9.jpg

just a jk :messenger_grimmacing_

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Well, it´s your opinion. I work in that world and I don´t think the same than you. Mostly because a big lie can damage your career in a company. Usually the press lies more than the companies, manipulating things what a company says.

Phil Spencer misleads and lies all the time.

3 years ago, people were saying that Destiny 2 was running at 30fps because it was being held back by the PlayStation 4 Pro. Xbox fans were saying that Sony paid them.

This was Phil's response.

"I'm gonna struggle to not get myself in trouble on this one," he said. "I'll just say: I don't know anything about other development deals. You mentioned some things around clauses and stuff that I don't know anything about. But if anybody was to do a deal to hold back technical innovation on a video game anywhere else, that doesn't feel good for the industry to me."

Phil says he hates fanboys, but his actions prove otherwise.

He doesn't like exclusive deals, but we know he is BSing.

“I don’t know what deals get written. I’ve been pretty open about, I’m not a fan of doing deals that hold back specific pieces of content from other platforms. You don’t see that in the deals we’ve done with Assassin’s and Shadow. We’ll have a marketing deal on those, but I don’t say, hey, I need some kind of Strike or skin somebody else can’t play.

“As a player, you are the centre of our strategy,” Spencer stated. “Our device is not the centre of our strategy, our game is not the centre of the strategy. We want to enable you to play the games you want to play, with the friends you want to play with, on any device.”

The problem is that he has a loyal fanbase and they will not are attack Phil Spencer.

SkankHunt420

Neo Member
Well, it´s your opinion. I work in that world and I don´t think the same than you. Mostly because a big lie can damage your career in a company. Usually the press lies more than the companies, manipulating things what a company says.
Aloud me to lol for a moment sir.
Lol
I dont know if you are just naivee or plain dumb. You xbots would be so much better if instead of riding phil's d and believing everything he says, you would go at him and ask where the fuck are the new games, where is the power of the cloud and 12tf, where is the innovation this gen? They still dont have a VR system, they are on the back foot when it comes down to controllers, since phill already kinda confirmed they will copy the dualsense. You guys should be demanding what they have promissed. And please, dont come here with "i work in that world" because you just make yourself look bad, you are talking nonsense, and here in Neogaf theres people who dont go around waving their "i work in that world" and put better opinions and better yet FACTS about tech, you should try to learn from many here, humble yourself cuz to be honest you haven't said anything with substance at all, no insight, no nothing. Just your tipical xbot missinformation.

Lysandros

I personally expect noticeably better texture/asset quality on PS5 further into the generation for this reason. We are already beginning to see the signs for it.

Last edited:
True and really I´m no expect a huge difference in the future maybe a little but nothing in special. Anyway is unfair how some people are complaining against microsoft telling that they lied when it´s not true. Xbox has 12tflops but another thing is that the developers take advantage of this or not.
The main point is that the TFlop count doesn't really matter for gaming and MS is advertising it like it does. I don't know what it means to "take advantage" of TFlops, maybe you could expand on that.

The Nvidia Ampere cards (RTX 3080) have about 30 TFlops and still perform on par with the corresponding AMD competitor card (RX 6800 XT) at circa 20 TFlops.

I think both consoles are gonna be mostly neck and neck when it comes to third-party games, both of these consoles have their own customizations. But I think if you're looking for the biggest differences between the architectures of these consoles, you're probably gonna end up seeing it in first-party games, that's where the PS5 and Series X will shine the most since the hardware's being pushed to it's limits. This gen's gonna be more interesting than the last one with MS's first-party studios growing as well, I'm interested to see the games we're gonna be getting from studios like Ninja Theory and The Initiative (remember, Xbox also has access to the id Tech engine as well now, so my expectations are pretty high).
We've all seen the shine on MS 1st party with their top dog Halo Infinite :messenger_tears_of_joy:

MistBreeze

This would be fine, but a LOT of time was spent telling us the x would be the best place for multiplats and would have a 20% power advantage. Throughput and SSD talk was mocked as was Cernys ability as a system architect. Secret sauce was thrown about regularly. Now those same people have to pretend they have a PS5 so they can be critical while appearing impartial. It was too much to take.I think that’s why the tensions are still high.
I think microsoft PR is bad
Phil does not shut up and promise a lot and comment about everything in existance
and Aron Greenberg... oh man do not let me start on him...
Sony is mostly silent so people expect less from ps5 and that what make ps5 stands out more

MistBreeze

I agree for the most part, although the Series X bandwidth situation is a little more complicated, 10 GB of it is dedicated to the faster pool and the rest of the 6GB is dedicated to the slower pool. I don't see Series X having a bandwidth advantage over the PS5 but i could be wrong.

it is complicated but we must hear from credible developers about their opinion on it

Last edited:
The Nvidia Ampere cards (RTX 3080) have about 30 TFlops and still perform on par with the corresponding AMD competitor card (RX 6800 XT) at circa 20 TFlops.

That's not really an equal comparison, is it? Both consoles are running AMD with RDNA2 architecture.

Tflops still isn't a great way to measure game performance on the whole, I'd argue rop and gmu are more impactful, but comparing Nvidia to AMD is stupid.

That's not really an equal comparison, is it? Both consoles are running AMD with RDNA2 architecture.

Tflops still isn't a great way to measure game performance on the whole, I'd argue rop and gmu are more impactful, but comparing Nvidia to AMD is stupid.
It was the easiest way to illustrate the point. One gpu having 50% single precision tflop advantage over another and still being only on par in gaming performance (but way better in mining for example).
We could look at vega 64 vs the rx 5700xt, again with a 30% advantage in tflop count to the vega 64, but much lower gaming performance. Of course they aren't the same architecture so you can always say it's not fair, etc.

The point is, > tflops != better gaming performance, period.

Rudius

Yep, they need to move away from that Power angle narrative, it is doing them no favors, and what is going to happen if that power does not get better later in the generation. That 12tfop tag is going to come back to haunt them big time.

By using that narrative they are setting themselves up for Failure, who here genuinely believes that Microsoft studios are going to outshine sonys this generation, people need their head examined if they think this will happen.

What is going to happen when naughty dog, sucker punch, gorilla come out with full ps5 games in 3-5 years time, people are going to be like wtf, why does that look so better than the 12 tfolp one, we all know this is going to happen.

The sooner Microsoft drop that ridiculous 12 flop nonsense bullshit and start trying to Concentrate on quality the better they will be for it.

Drop it now to have a good generation, continue it, people are always going to use it against you.
Microsoft also need true exclusives again, no PC or gamepass versions for at least a year after release. That goes for Bethesda. One year of true exclusivity for Elder's Scroll 6 would do some damage.

draliko

yeah I would say pulses are on par with 7 linefrom arctis on PS5. You get a better build with arctis and more features with pulses. Makes the arctis overpriced. The Astros isn’t a fair comparison to mebecause usb audio wired is underpowered so it’s won’t sound any good and mixamps were designed to do audio over optical and usb was for mic only. Maybe an update can fix that. Platinum soundsbetter than pulses and arctis 7 on PS5 but the mic picks up a lot of background noise. Ymmv depending on fit.
instead of getting the 7 series from Steelseries you could try to get the 1 series, uses the same drives, just the comfort is different (same set of features too), the 1 wireless was going for about 80€ delivered and works with everything (from xbox to ps5) it is probably the best bang for bucks in the market now. pulse are just glorified gold heaphones and battery life is quite shallow (12 hours at best i believe)

thelastword

Banned

In truth, this gen may be one of the closest with both consoles being capable, but I believe the PS5 is still more capable due to it's more customized architecture, parts of it which are not even being wholly utilized yet.....So I can see the PS5 leading the pack for the entire generation with better effects and performance....

Just yesterday I was thinking, sure, many multiplats are leading the charge on PS5, but these are mostly crossgen titles, realistically the PS5 strengths can be pushed more with a more advanced engine and game built ground up, and yes I'm still talking multiplats....So I've been thinking, DICE, did everybody forget about DICE? I think these guys will push PS5 like no other in the multiplat scene, their engine technology their games will be built with a next gen focus......so that is one of the reveals to really look out for....

Which brings me to First party, they will shine, it's a bit of a "DUH" statement, but I think the gap between Sony's first party and others will be even bigger this gen and that's saying something.....No one will use the geometry engine, the cache scrubbers, the I/O DMAC better than PlayStation Studios. No one will use raytraced lighting better than Poliphony Digital, No one will use the texture quality that next gen brings, the RT technology overall and the haptics better than ND and we know Santa Monica is about to "boy" the living shiznit out of us in a hot minute.....So in as much as I think Series X is a fine machine technically, it's architecture is just not as refined for gaming and let's be honest, every great horse needs a great driver at the Derby, the guys riding the PlayStation, directing the course, pushing the system and having the most intricate knowledge of the system are also the best graphical jockeys in the industry....(ND,PD, Santa Monica).......I think the multiplat advantage is nice, but first party is where the death blow will be dealt...

sircaw

Banned
In truth, this gen may be one of the closest with both consoles being capable, but I believe the PS5 is still more capable due to it's more customized architecture, parts of it which are not even being wholly utilized yet.....So I can see the PS5 leading the pack for the entire generation with better effects and performance....

Just yesterday I was thinking, sure, many multiplats are leading the charge on PS5, but these are mostly crossgen titles, realistically the PS5 strengths can be pushed more with a more advanced engine and game built ground up, and yes I'm still talking multiplats....So I've been thinking, DICE, did everybody forget about DICE? I think these guys will push PS5 like no other in the multiplat scene, their engine technology their games will be built with a next gen focus......so that is one of the reveals to really look out for....

Which brings me to First party, they will shine, it's a bit of a "DUH" statement, but I think the gap between Sony's first party and others will be even bigger this gen and that's saying something.....No one will use the geometry engine, the cache scrubbers, the I/O DMAC better than PlayStation Studios. No one will use raytraced lighting better than Poliphony Digital, No one will use the texture quality that next gen brings, the RT technology overall and the haptics better than ND and we know Santa Monica is about to "boy" the living shiznit out of us in a hot minute.....So in as much as I think Series X is a fine machine technically, it's architecture is just not as refined for gaming and let's be honest, every great horse needs a great driver at the Derby, the guys riding the PlayStation, directing the course, pushing the system and having the most intricate knowledge of the system are also the best graphical jockeys in the industry....(ND,PD, Santa Monica).......I think the multiplat advantage is nice, but first party is where the death blow will be dealt...

yep, i am not really interested in multiplats at all, they are just the standard cannon folder rubbish that gets chucked about. I am looking at those defining sony exclusives, thats what the majority of people really buy the machine for, those God of wars, those uncharted, those horizons, those games are going to blow everything else away.

Microsoft just can not compete, their whole ethos is wrong. and not that the multi-plat barrier has crumbled what is left. The studios they bought. I expect the vast majority of them to end up on ps5. Imagine the install base is 7 years time 200 million vs 50 million if they are lucky. that's just to much money and too many sales not to cash in to.

Last edited:
From non-american perspective, XBOX is way too american to be globally as huge as Playstation

- Marketing talk = Using lame made up terms like "velocity architecture" or something that sounds like "super duber extra mega power booster" level of stuff, names that are made to be sound fast&powerful instead of just being technical neutral terms like Kraken or Tempest.

- Marketing style = aggressive, pushing, using lot of words and bashing competitors. 90% of talk and bragging and 10% of real things. Sony just shows some weird stuff and lets people buy it if they want. And xbox doesnt even market on EU, or at least here, never seen their ads other than online.

- Gamepass = "get hundreds of things for only xx$/month, must be good deal like those 300 toilet paper rolls you just bought from Walmart because they were -10%!", bundle deals like that just don't sound as good to me or anyone I know, when we think that how many games/items we really need and have time to play.

- Most important thing, games = Gears + halo + forza are kind of "american bro-gamer games", while they are lacking RPG + single player adventures / "movie style games" that clearly sell tons more on global level. Maybe Bethesda helps. But it is kind of late

- US "domestic vs import" culture. On almost any american reality series people have this weird attitude that imports are always worse than their domestics. Like that huge truck with V8 that drinks 30L/100km of gas instead of some Japanese efficient car with 2.0 engine that drinks only 6L/100km. And then they think that those imports are shit, while in reality Toyota/Honda have superior quality (some have rust problems, but tech is superior) over most cars in many statistics and worst cars are from US/germany (on our statistics I have seen). In terms of failure rates on inspection. Of course there are exceptions. I guess people need bigger cars to haul those 300 toilet paper rolls :messenger_beaming:

Here we have same kind of people, but they like to blame Japanese cars being shitty and German being best, while statistics say otherwise. So this is universal phenomenon I guess. I always laugh when people talk how German cars are best, and then when you check how much first 5 years costs to maintenance one, it is something like 10 000€ for german car and 2000-3000€ for Japanese car. Yeah, so good that you have to change half of the car in 5 years. (bmw M5 vs honda type-r, performance cars)

It spoils down into "hey our product is best, it have super speed xxx powah monster stuff and for only 99/month you can get it!" vs " hey look we have this system, this is our games, get it if you like it, thanks"

And I am not saying American culture is better or worse, it is just so different vs many other countries that using same strategy just makes them look so weird and out of place. XBOX isnt humble enough, and they are too aggressive for what they can offer, because they cant offer the best system/games yet they act like it = it doesnt feel right.

On online talk I get it that when gamers from US are talking, they just cant see things "right" on global level, because from their perspective xbox and PS are almost equal competitors, that one small thing could tip the scales.

But in reality it is always PS >>> xbox in the rest of the world, which makes these things some kind of war as it seems that USA culture is more concentrated on domestic stuff and they are proud of not knowing about foreign stuff, but it doesn't change the reality that Xbox is like some spare option for most of the world.

If both would be as popular globally, I would not be able to drive to local electronic stores in next 30 mins and buy multiple series S from the shelf. Which I can, because that is how unpopular xbox is here. Even Switch is less popular than PS5, switch never sold out, or only few biggest cities for little while, but PS5 is already sold out until february - april 2021 on many sites/stores.

Hashi

API is only software, to have this it should be inside the chip.
PS4/PS5 have most of API build in to da hardware (sheduler).
Sony build SoC with AMD. Sony produce many sort of signal processors.
DSPs are usually optimized for streaming data and use special memory architectures that are able to fetch multiple data or instructions at the same time, such as the Harvard architecture or Modified von Neumann architecture, which use separate program and data memories (sometimes even concurrent access on multiple data buses).

DSPs can sometimes rely on supporting code to know about cache hierarchies and the associated delays. This is a tradeoff that allows for better performance[clarification needed]. In addition, extensive use of DMA is employed.

Last edited:
Some fellow GAFers seem to be really salty about that "third party games will play best on Series X" narrative not panning out, eh?

Jesus, guys, there's nothing wrong with being just a tad behind, you can always count on marketing money for a patch that fucks up a bit the other platform's performance. And you can always play the great first party exclusives that Xbo...oh, never mind.

For real, though, I just don't understand all this stupid thing going on about one platform or the other running a game a couple of fps better on a given point in time so we can claim superiority over the other. It's silly when PS guys do it, and it's silly when Xbox guys do it. It's not like we have a PS4/Xbox One case going on, where the differences where noticeable during most of the gameplay time. These two consoles are really close, and I think this makes for a very exciting time, because, in my opinion, is going to drive first party studios to push the boundaries even further, so each platform tries to have games that stand out over the other. And that makes me particularly excited for Sony first party for, well, obvious reasons.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
From non-american perspective, XBOX is way too american to be globally as huge as Playstation

- Marketing talk = Using lame made up terms like "velocity architecture" or something that sounds like "super duber extra mega power booster" level of stuff, names that are made to be sound fast&powerful instead of just being technical neutral terms like Kraken or Tempest.

- Marketing style = aggressive, pushing, using lot of words and bashing competitors. 90% of talk and bragging and 10% of real things. Sony just shows some weird stuff and lets people buy it if they want. And xbox doesnt even market on EU, or at least here, never seen their ads other than online.

- Gamepass = "get hundreds of things for only xx$/month, must be good deal like those 300 toilet paper rolls you just bought from Walmart because they were -10%!", bundle deals like that just don't sound as good to me or anyone I know, when we think that how many games/items we really need and have time to play.

- Most important thing, games = Gears + halo + forza are kind of "american bro-gamer games", while they are lacking RPG + single player adventures / "movie style games" that clearly sell tons more on global level. Maybe Bethesda helps. But it is kind of late

- US "domestic vs import" culture. On almost any american reality series people have this weird attitude that imports are always worse than their domestics. Like that huge truck with V8 that drinks 30L/100km of gas instead of some Japanese efficient car with 2.0 engine that drinks only 6L/100km. And then they think that those imports are shit, while in reality Toyota/Honda have superior quality (some have rust problems, but tech is superior) over most cars in many statistics and worst cars are from US/germany (on our statistics I have seen). In terms of failure rates on inspection. Of course there are exceptions. I guess people need bigger cars to haul those 300 toilet paper rolls :messenger_beaming:

Here we have same kind of people, but they like to blame Japanese cars being shitty and German being best, while statistics say otherwise. So this is universal phenomenon I guess. I always laugh when people talk how German cars are best, and then when you check how much first 5 years costs to maintenance one, it is something like 10 000€ for german car and 2000-3000€ for Japanese car. Yeah, so good that you have to change half of the car in 5 years. (bmw M5 vs honda type-r, performance cars)

It spoils down into "hey our product is best, it have super speed xxx powah monster stuff and for only 99/month you can get it!" vs " hey look we have this system, this is our games, get it if you like it, thanks"

And I am not saying American culture is better or worse, it is just so different vs many other countries that using same strategy just makes them look so weird and out of place. XBOX isnt humble enough, and they are too aggressive for what they can offer, because they cant offer the best system/games yet they act like it = it doesnt feel right.

On online talk I get it that when gamers from US are talking, they just cant see things "right" on global level, because from their perspective xbox and PS are almost equal competitors, that one small thing could tip the scales.

But in reality it is always PS >>> xbox in the rest of the world, which makes these things some kind of war as it seems that USA culture is more concentrated on domestic stuff and they are proud of not knowing about foreign stuff, but it doesn't change the reality that Xbox is like some spare option for most of the world.

If both would be as popular globally, I would not be able to drive to local electronic stores in next 30 mins and buy multiple series S from the shelf. Which I can, because that is how unpopular xbox is here. Even Switch is less popular than PS5, switch never sold out, or only few biggest cities for little while, but PS5 is already sold out until february - april 2021 on many sites/stores.

The Microsoft management have very much tied the XBox brand in with American culture, whether on purpose or by accident. This has had a marked effect on international sales over the years. It’s likely to negatively impact sales of the Series X more than previous consoles.

sircaw

Banned
The Microsoft management have very much tied the XBox brand in with American culture, whether on purpose or by accident. This has had a marked effect on international sales over the years. It’s likely to negatively impact sales of the Series X more than previous consoles.

When ever i think of xbox i think Frat boys, its an image that i can not shake

Last edited:

You had my like with that very first sentence. It is just like that, people from the States might not realize this sometimes, 'cause it's a country that tends to be quite self-centered, but Europeans, for example, are way different people on a sociocultural level. And it's only even more accentuated on the rest of the world. And I think you're right on the money, their marketing and messaging style doesn't work well everywhere, whereas PS usually communicates in a more, let's say neutral way and that helps them get their message across in more places.

Elog

Where did you get September 2020 from ?

There was FUD running this Summer that XSX already started production while PS5 is having 'overheating' issues, and cant start production.

The FUD started based on this article, from May:

I am just using the manufacturing dates on each console. The earliest date an end-user has seen is September (that I have found) for the XSX and May for the PS5.

If the rumoured manufacturing date this Summer is true they must have stumbled on some problem early on during scale-up that lead to the delay. Obviously not adding a feature from AMD but some rather mundane supply problem such as a component that did not meet specification targets. Personally I find it interesting that the XSX seems to come with multiple design variants of SSD. From a manufacturing point of view that makes little sense unless they were scraping the bottom of the barrel on the supply side of things (i.e. there was a supply issue).

Edit: Apparently there are manufacturing days in July for XSX which makes the maximum delta between PS5 and XSX somewhere at 6-8 weeks, i.e. nothing. There was no wait for anything. Just another MS spin.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
When ever i think of xbox i think Frat boys, its an image that i can not shake

Xbox is certainly not seen as a family console. That’s very much hurt it. It does seem to be the thing enjoyed the most by young men, which there’s nothing wrong with, thats a huge market, but it leaves a lot of sales on the table from people who go to Playstation, because that’s perceived as a brand more for a broader range of players.

sircaw

Banned
Xbox is certainly not seen as a family console. That’s very much hurt it. It does seem to be the thing enjoyed the most by young men, which there’s nothing wrong with, thats a huge market, but it leaves a lot of sales on the table from people who go to Playstation, because that’s perceived as a brand more for a broader range of players.

It's those loud boisterous fools you get on youtube and twitter, dealers, eastwoods, timdogs, blue nacho, what ever his fucking name is, astral, gavin-boy, dee, the list goes on and on. Shit talkers, it's just something about xbox that attracts these type of people, Sony have their fans but nothing like those types. i just don't know why.

Sw0pDiller

Omg so funny to see the general conseption that Microsoft marketing resulted in. Some guy shows up in here trying to defend all of the magical words that came out of Phill's lovely mouth. After all the next gen comparison of the last week's he still defends the series x power narrative. I say job well done Microsoft! Hats off!

Are you sure 100% that PS5 has the same features or similar than a full RNDA 2.0? Will you sign something like that?
Cerny is a great designer but there are many great designers around the world and mostly in a company like Microsoft. Don´t make a Mith with Cerny, he is not Einstein, he is only another great designer.

and how many of them have designed games consoles, that have sold mostly over 100 million ? 🤔

THE:MILKMAN

I am just using the manufacturing dates on each console. The earliest date an end-user has seen is September (that I have found) for the XSX and May for the PS5.

If the rumoured manufacturing date this Summer is true they must have stumbled on some problem early on during scale-up that lead to the delay. Obviously not adding a feature from AMD bu some rather mundane supply problem such as a component that did not meet specification targets. Personally I find it interesting that the XSX seems to come with multiple design variants of SSD. From a manufacturing point of view that makes little sense unless they were scraping the bottom of the barrel on the supply side of things (i.e. there was a supply issue).

7.5% on the Era thread have July dates for XSX.....Not so late Summer. I would say 4-6 weeks to ramp production would put the manufacturing starting date from ~ late May, early June.

assurdum

Banned
Anyway I don't understand why real time cutscene in game like AC Valhalla still targeting 60 fps. I understand when 60 fps is not a problem but it's useless and incredibly demanding in this game , just lock it to 30 fps and end of the problem.

assurdum

Banned
Which it is, this isn't about being beaten by PlayStation its about 3rd party games vastly under performing to the hardware potential. It's a tools thing, once it's ironed out it'll all become apparent 😏
Seriously speaking, I'd like to know how 3rd party games can vastly under performing to the hardware potentials. Because doesn't make any sense to me . This platform can even runs some PS3 games (which is not that simple) how could vastly underperform in crossgen multiplat. It's incredibly contradictory and it denies the previous assumption.

Last edited:

MilkyJoe

Seriously speaking, I'd like to know how 3rd party games can vastly under performing to the hardware potentials. Because doesn't make any sense to me . This platform can even runs some PS3 games (which is not that simple) how could vastly underperform in crossgen multiplat. It's incredibly contradictory and it denies the previous assumption.

You play those using retroarch, wally chops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom