• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
A7S3? Thats pretty niche camera. Are you serious filmmaker too?

You may say so. More like pushing the level a bit higher in fauna and flora documentation. It's a bit risky investment as it would cost me around $7K total with all the lenses etc. But if it goes as planned, then it can bring some serious money.

Sometimes you need to seek your dreams, but cautiously of course. Been photographing and filming nature since 2009, but never went full pro in gear, yet made some good money and reputation along the way via TV. I'm buying it mainly for its high ISO and 4K@120fps 10-bit. Maybe I'll start sharing some when I'm up and running. But this is the state of my channel, pretty humble (zero gaming):

You may say so. More like pushing the level a bit higher in fauna and flora documentation. It's a bit risky investment as it would cost me around $7K total with all the lenses etc. But if it goes as planned, then it can bring some serious money.

Sometimes you need to seek your dreams, but cautiously of course. Been photographing and filming nature since 2009, but never went full pro in gear, yet made some good money and reputation along the way via TV. I'm buying it mainly for its high ISO and 4K@120fps 10-bit. Maybe I'll start sharing some when I'm up and running. But this is the state of my channel, pretty humble (zero gaming):

Those are some impressive drone skills.

Nature photography interests me too. I have started recently.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Those are some impressive drone skills.

Nature photography interests me too. I have started recently.

Man, it's been nearly a decade since the last time I uploaded on flickr, more than 6000+ photos there.

Amazing shots right there, I hope I can make some good bird videos and make use of those 120fps in slow-motion.

Last edited:
Man, it's been nearly a decade since the last time I uploaded on flickr, more than 6000+ photos there.

Amazing shots right there, I hope I can make some good bird videos and make use of those 120fps in slow-motion.

Best of luck with your photography projects.

A7S3 has been getting a lot of praise for wildlife film making, especially with 200-600mm lens.

Check it out in action from 14:20

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Best of luck with your photography projects.

A7S3 has been getting a lot of praise for wildlife film making, especially with 200-600mm lens.

Check it out in action from 14:20

Yeah this already in my must have lenses! But it's too expensive to get all the gear and actually need some time to collect all the necessary lenses! Birds, insects, plants, animals, astrophography are my passion, but might try to go for sport, advertisements, weddings to bring back some good money on the side.

Hope we're not derailing the thread too much. :lollipop_downcast_sweat:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Bo_Hazem Bo_Hazem Do you have to have some special licence for flying, to fly such a huge mofo? Seems like something which would require licence from authorities.

Of course you have. I've been sneaky so far, but if I get that beast I can't gamble with it and get it taken for good and lose all the money, lol. Still, I'll go for the next Mavic 3 Pro. I don't film around cities/villages so mostly police don't give too much fucks.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
VRR is mostly gimmick for consoles, you can live without it.

People make it sound like it is The most important feature ever.

Maybe stop gaming if super minor feature like this is too much to wait for some months?

The only game that I needed VRR was AC Valhalla so far. All other games might have some minor frame drops but zero tearing, or not visible. So devs shouldn't rely on VRR and should implement proper V-Sync.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Yes I'm talking about you Bo_Hazem Bo_Hazem , tks for the love tho :goog_love:

Problem is I'm not what you think I am.

3fd1ab0b3e99a6f302396ec3bfa0259b.jpg

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member

The Callisto Protocol Dev Teases PS5 DualSense Features, Says Next-Gen Graphics ‘Look Real’

Striking Distance Studios‘ Glenn Schofield has revealed that the team has some ideas brewing about PS5 DualSense functionality for its upcoming sci-fi horror outing The Callisto Protocol.

We’ll see how we can get that to work. But I think we can get a couple of scares right out of the controller itself. There’s a number of things that are really going to help us make a next-generation survival horror game.

Elsewhere, he also spoke about the added graphical muscle afforded by next-generation systems.

What we’re building, right? It looks real. And, you know, they’ve looked real before, but it looks more real. There’s so much detail we can put into it now, it’s crazy.

devilNprada

Finally PS5 pre order started in India.

And it got sold out in seconds.

Something weird is going on PS4 took 1-2 weeks to sell out same quality.

Stuff selling out in India is unheard of as people tend to quibble around quite a lot, making sure everything is all right before pulling trigger.

india has a shit ton of programmers... I am sure word about all the US and UK scalpers gave them some ideas...

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Finally PS5 pre order started in India.

And it got sold out in seconds.

Something weird is going on PS4 took 1-2 weeks to sell out same quality.

Stuff selling out in India is unheard of as people tend to quibble around quite a lot, making sure everything is all right before pulling trigger.

How do you know the same quantity shipped for the 2 consoles?

PlayStation's is more popular than ever though, not surprising if it's more popular in India than 7 years ago as well although I know nothing about the market.

Last edited:

kyliethicc

I can already imagine the Sony/Playstation ICE team developing sound API's to take full advantage of the Tempest chip on the PS5.

This guy just did TLOUpt2 sound design, among others, and the audio is immaculate. Good for him. Lets hope God of War is too.

But yeah, apparently Sony literally have a team of audio engineers who can work on all games Sony publish in order to help out devs, even helping the composers with the scoring.

You can make a case every dedicated digital camera is niche nowadays. A7S III is some serious piece of kit though.

LOL true. Its a niche within a niche.

india has a shit ton of programmers... I am sure word about all the US and UK scalpers gave them some ideas...

How do you know the same quantity shipped for the 2 consoles?

PlayStation's is more popular than ever though, not surprising if it's more popular in India than 7 years ago as well although I know nothing about the market.

Quantity was quiet low. Not enough for scalping to be worth it.

First lot for both PS4 and PS5 were 4500 units as per IGN India.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Quantity was quiet low. Not enough for scalping to be worth it.

First lot for both PS4 and PS5 were 4500 units as per IGN India.

Ah gotcha, didn't realize anyone reported those numbers.

It's probably popularity + the overall wealth of India increasing (although it's not very well spread out, there's definitely more people with at least moderate wealth.) There's a recession right now as I'm sure you know, but recessions are evidence of past growth as much as they are current issues.

Last edited:
Ah gotcha, didn't realize anyone reported those numbers.

It's probably popularity + the overall wealth of India increasing (although it's not very well spread out, there's definitely more people with at least moderate wealth.) There's a recession right now as I'm sure you know, but recessions are evidence of past growth as much as they are current issues.

I suspect after covid restrictions, people are thirsty. Even ps4 is getting hard to find.

That makes scalping all the more worth it doesn't it?

Yeah but keep in mind PS5 is already going for 5-6 times minimum wages here (700 usd converted).

There is not much wiggle room left to overcharge.

Economics in India are adjusted differently to rest of the world so people are able to make do with this much. PS5 is more of a luxury/unnecessary:)messenger_grinning_smiling:) item here.

assurdum

Banned
is this not that back comp stuff, is that not meant to favor xbox anways?
It just uses the resolution of the BC and they just locked the Res with the old setting. It's not even an enhancement. But again why the series X "journalism" needs to compare the series X with the ps5 every fucking single time it gets a win? Why they don't care so much when the contrary happens?

Last edited:

sircaw

Banned
And? It just uses the resolution of the BC. It's not even an enhancement.

i mean it's pretty expected and not really a big deal in the context of things, if Xbox people think that is some kind of win well i guess the pickings are really slim.

Microsoft people shouting about old games and trying to impress people sounds like last chance saloon to me when discussing next-gen consoles to me.

I guess Microsoft needs a win when they can get one, no matter how insignificant.

assurdum

Banned
i mean it's pretty expected and not really a big deal in the context of things, if Xbox people think that is some kind of win well i guess the pickings are really slim.

Microsoft people shouting about old games and trying to impress people sounds like last chance saloon to me when discussing next-gen consoles to me.

I guess Microsoft needs a win when they can get one, no matter how insignificant.
You missed the point. Why Xbox fans should care how runs on ps5 if not just to feed console war?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom