• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

roops67

I am quite sure one of Sonys main studios is working on a shooter reboot

Its been awhile since I have had birdies tell me this about a possible game say like SOCOM :) but I still think its eventually coming if it didnt die on the drawing board.

Sometime this Spring having some friends and family down and the little birdie is coming as well since he is basically like a second son and him myself and my son are going to spend several days doing some deep sea fishing so will get tons of juicy up to date info around May
Good luck, sircaw sircaw been MIA for days now. Just get him back safely he's missed on this forum :lollipop_pensive:

Tmack

This is going to be one of the WORST years EVER for gaming

ErphVCTXMAMo_1T

I knew this was coming because we are due for a HUGE drought. Can't do mocap from home efficiently. Next-generation doesn't even start till 2022. We've been suckered.

Guess noone wants to have the next Cyberpunk 2077 on their hands.

And half of Bruce's games are sequels. His most innovative period was in the 90s making Genesis and PS1 era games.

This inane ad hominem is pretty poor form.

Bruce doesn't get to choose what his studios work on.

Equally, no matter what he or any other dev in the past worked on, it doesn't take anything away from the fact he's right.... creative new IP are best for the gaming medium, and pretty much every popular blockbuster gaming franchise since gaming's inception has proven this over and over.

kyliethicc

If SOCOM is happening, which is likely, I can think of more likely candidates than Guerrilla. Sony don't have to use their internal teams to produce this. To produce such a game would be a fitting testament for a smaller studio, with a close history to playstation.
Well Guerrilla is making another game and its probably a FPS with multiplayer. Who knows if its SOCOM, Killzone, or a new IP.

kyliethicc

If it’s an FPS it’s not SOCOM. That would be MAG. We don’t want SOCOM FPS. Please god no....TP tactical shooter all the way
Fair enough but it could work fine either way, first or third person. And their engine works for both as well.

We shall see what it turns out to be. I guarantee its not fucking MAG lol.

Last edited:

kyliethicc

Yeah. People liked mag, but socom was life. Socom was every day. Socrack
I wonder if they will really try to revive the SOCOM name, it really hasn't been big since PS2.

The PS3 SOCOM game got fucked over cause it shipped right as the PSN got hacked and went down for a month (never forget lol).

I kinda expect them to want a clean slate and just make a new IP.

FrankWza

I wonder if they will really try to revive the SOCOM name, it really hasn't been big since PS2.

The PS3 SOCOM game got fucked over cause it shipped right as the PSN got hacked and went down for a month (never forget lol).

I kinda expect them to want a clean slate and just make a new IP.
Yeah the hack fucked them big time. Socom 4 was garbage though because they tried to make it more like COD in a socom package. People are still playing socom 2 through some custom pc software or xlink kai or something. That game was crazy popular and had 20k+ players every night when broadband wasn’t that prevalent and was required to play. There was no psn or ps plus. It was basically like GT or fifa where people only played the one game over and over but for tactical shooters. I’ve seen thousands of posts of people over the years that just want a socom series remastered and they’d be happy. IMO it would be best for them to make a socom game. To this day, there is nothing else that comes close.

sinnergy

And that was the definite GOTY to some. What a hot trash. Might get it when it's like $15 in 2022. Not because I can't pay full price, but their elusive, sleazy marketing doesn't deserve full price.
Nice to see you hyperboling again .. have you finished this? As bugs and story telling are to different things ..

And most people who aren’t on these hardcore forums probably enjoyed it without a hive mind that is chasing total failure against Cyber Punk. Pretending like the world is the same as before COVID ..

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Nice to see you hyperboling again .. have you finished this? As bugs and story telling are to different things ..

And most people who aren’t on these hardcore forums probably enjoyed it without a hive mind that is chasing total failure against Cyber Punk. Pretending like the world is the same as before COVID ..

Many games have been released during COVID. And no amount of fix will fix the core design of the game like the funny police system and other mediocre BS. It's a dead, non-interactive city that tries to act like it's "lively" when it's as basic as fuck. Too much promises, too little achievements.

Last edited:

SSfox

Interesting comments from the CDProjektRed leader, he states that a lot of difficulty came when optimising the Cyberpunk 2077 for previous gen hardware, this was mainly due to the city and environment being very dense (I'm guessing in terms of geometric complexity as well as things like NPC's), the issue with the old-gen hardware was and I'm paraphrasing "the low disk bandwidth", which wasn't fast enough to stream in the city as you move through it.

Just another reason to appreciate the SSD on the next-generation consoles and it also makes me really exited for this gen.
Absolutely. I and a lot of other honestly suspected it was mainly a streaming data issue.

............ And once again it shows that Mark Cerny hit right with giving a lot of importance to streaming data for next gen.

Last edited:

sinnergy

Many games have released during COVID. And no amount of fix will fix the core design of the game like the funny police system and other mediocre BS. It's a dead, non-interactive city that tries to act like it's "lively" when it's as basic as fuck. Too much promises, too little achievements.
Your opinion , and that’s fine . Meta critic and other sites tell a different story.

Banjo64

cumsessed
It’s shit that a lot of games will get delayed in 2021, but I think Monster Hunter Rise, Psychonauts 2 and Halo Infinite are definitely coming this year and I think they’ll all be great. Rift Apart will also be amazing, as Ratchet and Clank games always are, I don’t own a PS5 yet but when I grab one that’ll be the first game I play (platted DeS on PS3). Considering the circumstances I think it’s actually a pretty stacked year.

It’s shit that a lot of games will get delayed in 2021, but I think Monster Hunter Rise, Psychonauts 2 and Halo Infinite are definitely coming this year and I think they’ll all be great. Rift Apart will also be amazing, as Ratchet and Clank games always are, I don’t own a PS5 yet but when I grab one that’ll be the first game I play (platted DeS on PS3). Considering the circumstances I think it’s actually a pretty stacked year.
I really want Halo Infinite to be great and for 343i to redeem themselves, but I think the hideous art direction and Open World design just won't end up working for a Halo game.

If the whole project was in the hands of another developer like Playgrounds or The Coalition, I could have more faith, but thus far 343i are a C-tier dev to me.

You may say so. More like pushing the level a bit higher in fauna and flora documentation. It's a bit risky investment as it would cost me around $7K total with all the lenses etc. But if it goes as planned, then it can bring some serious money.

Sometimes you need to seek your dreams, but cautiously of course. Been photographing and filming nature since 2009, but never went full pro in gear, yet made some good money and reputation along the way via TV. I'm buying it mainly for its high ISO and 4K@120fps 10-bit. Maybe I'll start sharing some when I'm up and running. But this is the state of my channel, pretty humble (zero gaming):

Their Oled tv with Cognitive Intelligence built in to the image/sound processing chip was very impressive at Ces 2021. It’ll be expensive I reckon but not too much I hope. Can’t wait to see what they do with the Xperia 1 MkIII. It’s Samsung’s turn today, they have an unpacked event scheduled for the S21 series, but I’m keeping an eye on Sony too, they’re really fighting ferociously to get back in the game with Phones again.

So Microsoft bought Bethesda and their first move is to have the Wolfenstein FPS team make an Indy / Uncharted game? Alllright.

Produced by Todd Howard too? lol
Machine Games ain’t what it used to be anymore. Their last few wolfenstein games were... average, at best. I think it was about time they let that dying franchise go and focused on something else since Wolfenstein doesn’t draw people the way it used to.

Last edited:

sircaw

Banned
Good luck, sircaw sircaw been MIA for days now. Just get him back safely he's missed on this forum :lollipop_pensive:

I am here, just semi-retired for now, the war seems to have been won and most of the fruit cakes have left or been served a good portion of crow.

The only ones left now seem to be the goal post movers, we all know the ones.

and that's a cousin of my God-Damn emote, Dammit.

Get your own, all of you "lollipop_disappointed: :messenger_heart:

Last edited:

Mr Moose

I would love to finish it but it keeps crashing every hour. Gave up on it.

Neo Blaster

Interesting comments from the CDProjektRed leader, he states that a lot of difficulty came when optimising the Cyberpunk 2077 for previous gen hardware, this was mainly due to the city and environment being very dense (I'm guessing in terms of geometric complexity as well as things like NPC's), the issue with the old-gen hardware was and I'm paraphrasing "the low disk bandwidth", which wasn't fast enough to stream in the city as you move through it.

Just another reason to appreciate the SSD on the next-generation consoles and it also makes me really exited for this gen.
I disagree, they don't get to use that excuse when there are games like RDR2 and many amazing Sony FPs running on last gen hardware.

Mahavastu

Would be interesting to know, how much better Cyberpunk runs on a base PS4 with SSD compared to one with the default HDD.
Is there already a compare video somewhere?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom