• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-gen Racing Graphics Face-off | (Next-gen means current-gen)

dr guildo

GT S breaklights are really well done. I remember when people were asking for it in PC1, and when they patched it in with road reflections, everything just came to life.

maxresdefault.jpg

Yep, I was obsessed by that, how it was remarkably glowing in the PC version, and not on PS4. After the patch, it was stellar !

MilkyJoe

Yep, I was obsessed by that, how it was remarkably glowing in the PC version, and not on PS4. After the patch, it was stellar !

I must have spent more than a healthy amount of time doing laps of Circuit de la Sarthe, in the rain, at night, just looking at it. was fantastic.

Can anyone confirm what it's like in PC2?

Shouldn't the snow be illuminated by the blinkers?

Yeah but it ain't in game environment, it's the scapes mode where real world locations are caught on camera and placed in the game. You get to then drop your favorite car inside the real world location and move it around and take snaps.

deoee

Yeah but it ain't in game environment, it's the scapes mode where real world locations are caught on camera and placed in the game. You get to then drop your favorite car inside the real world location and move it around and take snaps.

Ahh got it.
Didn't know it works like this and haven't touched the Demo yet myself.

Gestault

These shots (especially the straight gameplay) look great. Tracks not called Maple Valley have good-looking foliage, and you really show it off well. I'm still appreciating the new dashcam.

Kinda weird that those particles seem to have totally different lighting from everything else.

They're sprites on a different rendering pass, which usually works fine, but you get some odd moments/contrasts. Horizon 3 does the same with the different ground materials, but they carry the lighting/luminescence into the spray, so it's more subtle:

HHPDXS5.jpg

8MGSZhc.jpg

Glomby

These shots (especially the straight gameplay) look great. Tracks not called Maple Valley have good-looking foliage, and you really show it off well. I'm still appreciating the new dashcam.

They're sprites on a different rendering pass, which usually works fine, but you get some odd moments/contrasts. Horizon 3 does the same with the different ground materials, but they carry the lighting/luminescence into the spray, so it's more subtle:

HHPDXS5.jpg

8MGSZhc.jpg

Wow fantastic details especially the particles lit by the back lights.

shandy706

Just random first races shots from FM7 this time.

I wish I had more time for these games :(. Like 2 races max and I'm out of time.

forzamotorsport710_11ezr7b.png

forzamotorsport710_11ohu6o.png

forzamotorsport710_11irsty.png

forzamotorsport710_119skog.png

forzamotorsport710_110gsvy.png

forzamotorsport710_11vfuhe.png

That's one crisp texture to be going 100 miles per hour 😂.

Edit* Yes I was playing with just my speedometer. I need to learn these tracks better.

Space_nut

Just random first races shots from FM7 this time.

I wish I had more time for these games :(. Like 2 races max and I'm out of time.

forzamotorsport710_11ezr7b.png

forzamotorsport710_11ohu6o.png

forzamotorsport710_11irsty.png

forzamotorsport710_119skog.png

forzamotorsport710_110gsvy.png

forzamotorsport710_11vfuhe.png

That's one crisp texture to be going 100 miles per hour 😂.

Edit* Yes I was playing with just my speedometer. I need to learn these tracks better.

Loving the texture details

Your shots look so natural!!

Gestault

Probably just needed to move car out, though it can be pretty subtle.

ROOtSF9.jpg

Or turn on more lights:

I think all the big players have it now, but I still love seeing the distinct head/tail-light colors mix on ground surfaces (red+white on the snow behind the car).

It's a shame photomode rendered shots is having a small problem that spoils the pictures.

There seems to always be a little white artifact/noise in most shots I've seen. I've managed to take plenty of good shots but well...

You'll notice some near the car window here...

and also in the front car here.

That last one has some nasty chromatic aberration too. I really wish games wouldn't simulate that. Modern cameras and lenses try their best to eliminate it, but games makers think they should add it back in.

That last one has some nasty chromatic aberration too. I really wish games wouldn't simulate that. Modern cameras and lenses try their best to eliminate it, but games makers think they should add it back in.
That's not GT Sports fault, it's all mine.

I personally like it, but still figuring out what is too much.

God is in the details...

ezgif-4-efdf031b88.gif

Love the way the high quaility models of FM7 look from the external view.

I love how much more feel the suspension has ever since FH3. I dunno what they changed but it's so much better, and seeing the body shift more under cornering (or even shifting on some cars, as in your gif) is amazing.

Top Bottom