• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-gen Racing Graphics Face-off | (Next-gen means current-gen)

Momentary

Banned
GTS might have less cars than the other racers released in the past few weeks, but they got the most interesting cars and the most cars that I want to drive. I know some of them are fantasy cars, but damn I don't care.

Damn it sucks not owning a console. I'm holding out knowing that the next console will probably play this game at higher graphical fidelity.

Head.spawn

Oh is it an effect one can add in photo mode?

Yep. You can make it super intense.

L5TXdDl.jpg

mjy7951.jpg

GTS ingame

EWxX62.png

8cwLEr.png

VojL7s.png

sGmWPm.png

wQUSuU.png

X96DLu.png

CuUeBA.png

FP5HFh.png

WOW ... I am impressed to finally see in-game shots like these for a racer...these look amazing for being in-game. Usually photomode are just too good compared to in-game and then playing the game, you get a shock as to how poor IQ/lighting usually is comparatively. But here the difference is not too big.

Fredrik

God is in the details...

XF3LIo2.gif

Love the way the high quaility models of FM7 look from the ingame external view.
Woah those are some nice little animations!

I think some of the exterior vibrations can be too exaggerated though, like the windscreen wipers at high speed. Still better than before when everything was all static.

The toned down car lights coming from FH3 > FM7 is an absolute killer in both aesthetics and gameplay. Some of thr night tracks you literally can't see shit.

dc89

80d1042e-58b2-4553-bduhuri.jpg

a6d990ea-47bd-4c3c-92xirm1.jpg

Not saying Forza 5 holds a candle to GTS, 7 or FH3 but to think the game is 4 years old soon is a bit mad!
We've had some great looking racing games this gen.

eso76

Very nice indeed. That communicates the frenzy of a pit stop exceedingly well. pCARS 2 should use cuts and pans like this to hide the ponderous robotic jankiness of it's own stops.

and it achieves that by clevery hiding all the tricky sequences that would need to be tweaked for all cars individually.
You never see the guys actually removing a tire and putting the new one in place, it's simply hinted at, It's basically a cutscene and it wouldn't be hard at all to implement something like that in other games.

Gts is out of control for real

It's not even a comparison the other games look toy like in so many lighting conditions and the materials aren't even close either

carsar

Fake baked lighting, so you know that it's baked or you're assuming based on nothing?
There are shadows on the top, light area an the bottom in my screenshot. What is it if not baked lighting\shading? You can see comparison(pre page)between normal wheel position and turned wheel.
Makes it clear some of the lighting is baked in.
I guess all interiors are baked. It's not so bad, however can be flat like 2D in some moments

Mascot

and it achieves that by clevery hiding all the tricky sequences that would need to be tweaked for all cars individually.
You never see the guys actually removing a tire and putting the new one in place, it's simply hinted at, It's basically a cutscene and it wouldn't be hard at all to implement something like that in other games.

Exactly. Smoke and mirrors, but incredibly effective. I always thought SMS were making a rod for their own backs with real-time pitstop animations. Their jankiness breaks immersion rather than adding to it.

Top Bottom