• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-gen Racing Graphics Face-off | (Next-gen means current-gen)

Again offtopic but honestly, don't you find jarring the difference in cars behavior and FFB? it's so night and day for me that makes playing GTS so much more enjoyable... A track like Sardegna Windmills feels even better than Dirt Rally 2.

So this is what you call a "heavily compressed" video and "not the representation of the games"??

You can honestly say your 16ms captures are a better "representation of the game" than this 4K60 3:22 video of a full track?

From that video none is perfect.

Forza has worst reflections from GTS but better car body, visually (i'm not playing it) it gives a better sense of speed while the other two games seems like the car is floating.

GTS has better contrast and colors.

Backgrounds i think are of higher quality on Forza.

PC2 unfortunately is the worst.

Personally i can't pick one over the other.

Last edited:

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
Again offtopic but honestly, don't you find jarring the difference in cars behavior and FFB? it's so night and day for me that makes playing GTS so much more enjoyable... A track like Sardegna Windmills feels even better than Dirt Rally 2.

So this is what you call a "heavy compressed" video and "not the representation of the games"??

You can honestly say your 16ms captures are a better "representation of the game" than this 4K60 3:22 video of a full track?

For your first question, yes GTS has better FFB and wheel support (outside the option to remove the wheel in cocpit like in Forza and PC). You can't argue with that, it also smoother to drive like in real life compared to Forza. But they are both far from perfect and can't be compared to AC and PC. And secondly yes, you can see more detail in my screenshots than those video's. You don't even see the textures and track side objects in that video because of the motion blur in Forza with the added compression. And you have only 1/3 of the view of the game, where you miss 2/3 of the interior and track. But like i said im not against them, its nice and gives you a nice idea how the lighting and material look in those games wich GTS is better in those aspects.

From that video none is perfect.

Forza has worst reflections from GTS but better car body, visually (i'm not playing it) it gives a better sense of speed while the other two games seems like the car is floating.

GTS has better contrast and colors.

Backgrounds i think are of higher quality on Forza.

PC2 unfortunately is the worst.

Personally i can't pick one over the other.
Like this is a fair assessment, I don't see any issue with what you're saying here.

That's why I specified 4K60. A 4K60 with a 50-70Mbps bitrate sure is a more faithful representation than a screenshot. Specially if the video is from a whole track, compared to a 1/60 or 1/30 of a second, which is what screenshots represent of gameplay.

A 50-70Mbps bitrate of 4k60fps is heavily compressed. HDMI 2.0 is required for 4k60 uncompressed and has a bitrate of 18 Gbps. HDMI 1.4 is just over 10 GBps. I recommend the following:

-go play one of these games in 4k60fps on an Xbox or PC that is capable of doing so(Forza, pcars, etc.)
-immediately afterwards, watch a 50-70Mbps 4k60fps footage of the same game.

If you don’t see a drastic reduction in quality when watching the heavily compressed video, then you next step should be to make an appointment at an eye doctor. Screenshots aren’t perfect either as you correctly point out it’s just one static shot, and we don’t play screenshots. However, if uncompressed they are a 100% perfect representation of a single frame. Highly compressed videos fail to do this for a single frame.

FukuDaruma

A 50-70Mbps bitrate of 4k60fps is heavily compressed. HDMI 2.0 is required for 4k60 uncompressed and has a bitrate of 18 Gbps. HDMI 1.4 is just over 10 GBps. I recommend the following:

-go play one of these games in 4k60fps on an Xbox or PC that is capable of doing so(Forza, pcars, etc.)
-immediately afterwards, watch a 50-70Mbps 4k60fps footage of the same game.

If you don’t see a drastic reduction in quality when watching the heavily compressed video, then you next step should be to make an appointment at an eye doctor. Screenshots aren’t perfect either as you correctly point out it’s just one static shot, and we don’t play screenshots. However, if uncompressed they are a 100% perfect representation of a single frame. Highly compressed videos fail to do this for a single frame.

"heavily" "drastic"... whatever hyperbolic excuses you like mate. Overall is what counts. If you insist too that a static screenshot is "a better representation of the game" than a 4K60 50-70Mbps gameplay video of a full track maybe you need an appointment with reality.

Last edited:

Turk1993

"heavily" "drastic"... whatever hyperbolic excuses you like mate. Overall is what counts. If you insist too that a static screenshot is "a better representation of the game" than a 4K60 50-70Mbps gameplay video of a full track maybe you need an appointment with reality.
Just look at this and tell me honestly if you think that a youtube video can come close to a direct feed screenshot or a real uncompressed video.
49370170498_9b39cd447e_o.png

49370629416_13b7bcc356_o.png

18Gbps to 50-70 Mbps is heavy compression. Are you seriously claiming this is not? I’m claiming that playing the actual game is the the better representation. But keep claiming highly compressed YouTube videos are the gold standard. While you watch these compressed videos and try to convince yourself they are an appointment with reality, I’ll
Be playing the actual games and enjoying the best representation.

Last edited:

FukuDaruma

That FukuDaruma and that Bunta_Fujiwara are the same person, aren't they? Joined in October 2019, and they only post in this thread. And all they post is how Gran Turismo was carved out of Jesus Christ's ribs, in similar style.

Clearly a troll using alt accounts.

Sure, Sherlock :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Go tell a moderator/admin that tale and let them check if your horseshit checks out. Being so "clear" to you sure you would bet your own account for it.

"carved out of Jesus Christ's ribs":
I think Project CARS 2 is clearly the worst. Forza has better reflections, resolution, AA (except power lines), motion blur, shadows resolution, and more off track details (don't know if they are realistic or not), and I like its dusty ambient and the camera shake. GT Sport have good motion blur but only with the "Favor Frame Rate" option in 2K, AND only in cameras other than cockpit (epic fail), but they are not using this mode in this video.

I've been playing Laguna Seca this week in both Forza on PC and GT Sport on the Pro and I prefer the GTS experience because cars behave more realistically (Forza feels more arcade) and wheel support and FFB is much better. HDR in GTS is top notch too, Forza is decent but not top notch. And this may be the ugliest TOD to show this track too.

I didn't even mention GT Sport lighting and materials being better. But for lack of real arguments, keep your personal accusations and insults.

Just look at this and tell me honestly if you think that a youtube video can come close to a direct feed screenshot or a real uncompressed video.
49370170498_9b39cd447e_o.png

49370629416_13b7bcc356_o.png

Where are those mentioned "real uncompressed videos" available for sharing in an online forum? nowhere? what a surprise.

And of course you had to cherrypick the darkest example (worst case scenario possible for compression) you could find to "prove" your point about videos... with a static shot. Suuure, let's just ignore those small aspects called MOTION and DURATION.

These are "uber" "heavily" "drastically" closer to each other than 16ms are to 3 minutes: 🤷‍♂️

bEL6tYv.png

Last edited:

Turk1993

Sure, Sherlock :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Go tell a moderator/admin that tale and let them check if your horseshit checks out.

"carved out of Jesus Christ's ribs":

But for lack of real arguments, keep your personal accusations and insults.

Where are those mentioned "real uncompressed videos" available for sharing in an online forum? nowhere? what a surprise.

And of course you had to cherrypick the darkest example (worst case scenario possible for compression) you could find to "prove" your point about videos... with a static shot. Suuure, let's just ignore those small aspects called MOTION and DURATION.

These are "uber" "heavily" "drastically" closer to each other than 16ms are to 3 minutes: 🤷‍♂️

bEL6tYv.png
Certainly not on youtube lol. And If you cut a small part and shrink the image you will not prove anything. Even then there is a difference. But here, a better comparison without cutting or shrinking, just look at the environment and all the loss in detail. Do you really think that video is close to that screenshot?
u5ZM7cE.png

FukuDaruma

Certainly not on youtube lol. And If you cut a small part and shrink the image you will not prove anything. Even then there is a difference. But here, a better comparison without cutting or shrinking, just look at the environment and all the loss in detail. Do you really think that video is close to that screenshot?
u5ZM7cE.png

Oh, wait! is that motion blur? who put that there? that is nothing like real gameplay! :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Look at those 3:23 of the full video featuring the whole track and the "loss of detail" of 3:22:984ms...

Last edited:
That FukuDaruma and that Bunta_Fujiwara are the same person, aren't they? Joined in October 2019, and they only post in this thread. And all they post is how Gran Turismo was carved out of Jesus Christ's ribs, in similar style.

Clearly a troll using alt accounts.

That's next level right there, you got and dealing with a very angry nerd from chan/gamefaqs...they'll fight u to the end, that loyalty is unprecedented.

Dat Sony Greek land, right Fukijima Bunta Fijiwara?..where tha fk am I at in these forums 🙉

Turk1993

Oh, wait! is that motion blur? who put that there? that is nothing like real gameplay! :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Look at those 3:23 of the full video featuring the whole track and the "loss of detail" of 3:22:984ms...
You where saying that those video's where a better representation of the track, now your saying its motion blur this and that. You can't see nothing in that video, no fine detail and textures like my screenshot. Motion blur or not doesn't matter, you told us that it was a better representation and that there was almost no difference. Now you are looking for excuses, and they don't make sense. GTS didn't have motion blur and even there you can see the compression clearly, just look at textures under the car and in the environment. Everything is blurry mess, you can't even see the textures in the distance anymore, they are just a smooth color
49372280123_1f4434b8cb_o.png

FukuDaruma

That's next level right there, you got and dealing with a very angry nerd from chan/gamefaqs...they'll fight u to the end, that loyalty is unprecedented.

Dat Sony Greek land, right Fukijima Bunta Fijiwara?..where tha fk am I at in these forums 🙉

And here comes proud boi colored rag worshiper New Jerk Fartest with his usual dudebruh mindless vomit.
In all these months I still have to see a single positive contribution from you in this thread, just one. An image, a video, a gif, whatever... even just a positive comentary. All your messages since I've been here have been exclusively to go personal, insult others and stir up discord. I guess that's a legit representation of the kind of person you are.

I may strongly disagree with Turk, Transformer, DynamiteCop or any of the other top Forza fans about some aspects (and AGREE IN MANY OTHERS), and we may even got heated up in debate and went a bit too harsh here and there, but at least they post images/videos/gifs and try to talk/argument about valid points. All the shit you write is just typical sad and angry egomaniacal yankee discord trolling trying to disguise frustration with puerile personal attacks and dudebruh "lols" and emoji strings.

You where saying that those video's where a better representation of the track, now your saying its motion blur this and that. You can't see nothing in that video, no fine detail and textures like my screenshot. Motion blur or not doesn't matter, you told us that it was a better representation and that there was almost no difference. Now you are looking for excuses, and they don't make sense. GTS didn't have motion blur and even there you can see the compression clearly, just look at textures under the car and in the environment. Everything is blurry mess, you can't even see the textures in the distance anymore, they are just a smooth color

Not motion blur "this and that". Motion blur in that shot you are complaining about the lack of detail in the track compared to your static shot. The track is blurred because that's how it is in gameplay. And that frame you see for only 16ms. You CAN'T see individual frames when you play. You see a sequence of 16ms frames, LIKE THE VIDEOS.

Bug hunting on cherrypicked static shots is good for in-depth analysis of features, but that's not the more faithful representation of real gameplay. A 4K60 50-70Mbps video will always be more faithful to the real game experience than any static shot.

But if you don't agree, whatever, that's fine too. You said your piece, I said mine. At least you're here defending the games you like the most according to your personal preferences and not just throwing insults and discord left and right.

Last edited:
Not motion blur "this and that". Motion blur in that shot you are complaining about the lack of detail in the track compared to your static shot. The track is blurred because that's how it is in gameplay. And that frame you see for only 16ms. You CAN'T see individual frames when you play. You see a sequence of 16ms frames, LIKE THE VIDEOS.

Bug hunting on cherrypicked static shots is good for in-depth analysis of features, but that's not the more faithful representation of real gameplay. A 4K60 50-70Mbps video will always be more faithful to the real game experience than any static shot.

But if you don't agree, whatever, that's fine too. You said your piece, I said mine. At least you're here defending the games you like the most according to your personal preferences and not just throwing insults and discord left and right.
He rectfied his reply though by posting an image of GTS which has no motion blur in gameplay, yet the video compression and its negative impacts to IQ remain where a dramatic amount of detail is lost.

YouTube is a garbage method of assessing how something looks.

FukuDaruma

He rectfied his reply though by posting an image of GTS which has no motion blur in gameplay, yet the video compression and its negative impacts to IQ remain where a dramatic amount of detail is lost.

YouTube is a garbage method of assessing how something looks.

A screenshot of the video IS NOT the video. Again... that's 16ms compared to 202.984ms of "lost detail" from a static shot. In just one lap on one of the shortest tracks. 🤷‍♂️

While we don't have better quality or full uncompressed videos available to share online, a 4K60 50-70Mbps video is a more faithful representation of the real gameplay experience than any static screenshot.

And regarding this... anybody knows any better free hosting that offers higher quality than Youtube?

Last edited:
A screenshot of the video IS NOT the video. Again... that's 16ms compared to 202.984ms of "lost detail" from a static shot. In just one lap on one of the shortest tracks. 🤷‍♂️

While we don't have better quality or full uncompressed videos available to share online, a 4K60 50-70Mbps video is a more faithful representation of the real gameplay experience than any static screenshot.

And regarding this... anybody knows any better free hosting that offers higher quality than Youtube?
You could start reciting quantum mechanics in this conversation and I wouldn't care less about what you're trying to tell me. YouTube videos are incredibly compressed and produce many visual anomalies especially where it relates to fast motion, and a screencap of said video in motion is a perfect representation of a single frame of motion which you would see 60 times a second.

The loss in detail in these videos whether screencapped or in motion is pronounced, and it's visually identical. The game has no motion blur so any loss in quality introduced is due to reprocessing compression via YT, capture, and rendering method.

Asserting that an extremely lossy video is more faithful when speaking of graphical makeup than a lossless PNG is just laughable, I'd stop talking if I were you, save whatever face you have left.

FukuDaruma

You could start reciting quantum mechanics in this conversation and I wouldn't care less about what you're trying to tell me. YouTube videos are incredibly compressed and produce many visual anomalies especially where it relates to fast motion, and a screencap of said video in motion is a perfect representation of a single frame of motion which you would see 60 times a second.

The loss in detail in these videos whether screencapped or in motion is pronounced, and it's visually identical. The game has no motion blur so any loss in quality introduced is due to reprocessing compression via YT, capture, and rendering method.

Asserting that an extremely lossy video is more faithful when speaking of graphical makeup than a lossless PNG is just laughable, I'd stop talking if I were you, save whatever face you have left.

Throwing subjective hyperbolic adjectives like "extremely" "incredibly" "heavily" "drastically" "vastly" doesn't alter the reality of things. Video compression is designed to optimize size taking in count... motion. What a surprise. You take a screenshot of a video, which stands for 16ms of that video (and real gameplay), and put that besides a static shot, ignoring the human perception of all motion and duration of the whole video, which represents the gameplay (motion and duration) of a whole track lap, compared to a static frozen shot you stare at...

You say "you lose detail in the video"... well, some, of course, but you lose much more in a static shot. You lose 12.684 16ms shots of the representation of that track compared to the video... 🤷‍♂️

This isn't "quantum mechanics" mate, it's pretty basic and easy to understand if you are honest about representing the real gameplay experience and not cherrypicking/staging either "pro" or "against" static shots of the games you like/dislike.
Any normal person would agree that a decent quality video is a more faithful representation of real gameplay experience than a frozen static shot. And 4K60 50-70Mbps would qualify at least for more than "decent" even in the more tech snob book.

Do you think that DigitalFoundry analysis and comparision videos are "garbage" because they are "extremely" "incredibly" "heavily" "drastically" compressed?

When the next GTS, the next Forzas, Pcars, Assetto, ... come out, are you gonna just stare at screenshots or are you gonna watch real gameplay videos to see how each gameplay really is?

Last edited:
When the next GTS, the next Forzas, Pcars, Assetto, ... come out, are you gonna just stare at screenshots or are you gonna watch real gameplay videos to see how each gameplay really is?

I know this question isn't addressed to me. However, I'm not going to stare at screenshots, nor am I going to watch heavily compressed videos, to see how game play is for any of these racing games. Never have, never will. I'll play the games for myself. Again, screenshots and videos are useful tools for comparison and explaining what is percieved when playing these games, and probably our only option on a thread like this, but not the end all be all as you seem to make it out to be.

Question for you, have you actually played Pcars, Forza Motorsport 7, Asseta Corsa, etc. in 4k60fps? And then compared to playing GTS? Or are you just using heavily compressed videos to get a feel for how these games play? If you haven't played these games on high/ultra settings in 4k60fps then you are really missing out.

FukuDaruma

I know this question isn't addressed to me. However, I'm not going to stare at screenshots, nor am I going to watch heavily compressed videos, to see how game play is for any of these racing games. Never have, never will. I'll play the games for myself. Again, screenshots and videos are useful tools for comparison and explaining what is percieved when playing these games, and probably our only option on a thread like this, but not the end all be all as you seem to make it out to be.

Question for you, have you actually played Pcars, Forza Motorsport 7, Asseta Corsa, etc. in 4k60fps? And then compared to playing GTS? Or are you just using heavily compressed videos to get a feel for how these games play? If you haven't played these games on high/ultra settings in 4k60fps then you are really missing out.

I meant, obviously, BEFORE the games are available for purchase. I'll keep watching tech previews, analysis and comparisions from DF (and others), as their other 800K subscribers. And once released play the games, of course.
Video quality will keep improving over time. 4K60 50-70Mbps is pretty good for now, most people don't think that is "garbage" and are not in the "it needs to be a 18Gbps uncompressed video!" bandwagon.

I've been posting captures and videos from many different games in this thread, but there is still that pretentious "you don't have the top hard and you are missing out" non argument coming back...

As I stated many times already, yes, I did/do play 4K60 games all the time. Just GT Sport on PS4 Pro, a LOT more on PC.

Here is Forza Horizon 4 in 4K60 maxed out, even with forced Transparency Supersampling:

49374314398_47acde261c_o.png

Here is 4K60 maxed out Forza Motorsport 7. Not even "missing out" stereoscopic 3D. Aren't you?

49017090587_2be96929ce_o.png

49016368618_12f6bdc2a5_o.png

I use an Epson 4K HDR 3D projector with a 106" screen and a Playseat with a mounted Fanatec wheel since many years ago. Been playing Pcars 1 and 2, AC, Dirt Rally 1 and 2 and even more arcade games like NFS, old Dirts, Race Driver GRID,GRID 2, GRID Autosport, GRID... so no, I don't think I am "missing out" anything.

In fact, I think most people are missing out how amazing these games play in 3D with a proper setup.

Last edited:

Turk1993

I meant, obviously, BEFORE the games are available for purchase. I'll keep watching tech previews, analysis and comparisions from DF (and others), as their other 800K subscribers. And once released play the games, of course.
Video quality will keep improving over time. 4K60 50-70Mbps is pretty good for now, most people don't think that is "garbage" and are not in the "it needs to be a 18Gbps uncompressed video!" bandwagon.

I've been posting captures and videos from many different games in this thread, but there is still that pretentious "you don't have the top hard and you are missing out" non argument coming back...

As I stated many times already, yes, I did/do play 4K60 games all the time. Just GT Sport on PS4 Pro, a LOT more on PC.

Here is Forza Horizon 4 in 4K60 maxed out, even with forced Transparency Supersampling:

49374314398_47acde261c_o.png

Here is 4K60 maxed out Forza Motorsport 7. Not even "missing out" stereoscopic 3D. Aren't you?

49017090587_2be96929ce_o.png

49016368618_12f6bdc2a5_o.png

I use an Epson 4K HDR 3D projector with a 106" screen and a Playseat with a mounted Fanatec wheel since many years ago. Been playing Pcars 1 and 2, AC, Dirt Rally 1 and 2 and even more arcade games like NFS, old Dirts, Race Driver GRID,GRID 2, GRID Autosport, GRID... so no, I don't think I am "missing out" anything.

In fact, I think most people are missing out how amazing these games play in 3D with a proper setup.
Now i know why you can't see the difference, using a projector in 3d is not the best way to compare games mate. And most of the Epson projectors are not even native 4k from what i know. But still its a nice setup.

Assetto Corsa + Mods + Reshade
McLaren P1 at Nordschleife - Nürburgring

Ligthing and reflections look really good in this one, its scary what they can do on pc with the modding community. I was playing some Driveclub last night and i saw that the game has some sort of a dynamic GI from the player headlights wich is pretty slick
ZAWkcTV.png

VfS1ioT.png

FukuDaruma

Now i know why you can't see the difference, using a projector in 3d is not the best way to compare games mate. And most of the Epson projectors are not even native 4k from what i know. But still its a nice setup.

Seems that you don't know the difference. I didn't said that. I said most people are missing out how amazing racing games play in 3D with a proper setup. As you can see, the Forza Horizon 4 capture is not 3D, and 3D can be dynamically activated/deactivated in Reshade. My Epson projector is native 4K60, and besides that I have a 55" LG OLED C6 too, but I guess that won't qualify either for the snobist racing dic4k measure contest.

A lot of people just follow tech trends parroting the same shit they hear. 4K 4K... 4K is not a Holy Grail that makes everything amazing just by doubling the resolution. Something can be"true 4K" and still be pretty bad in more important aspects. 4K is not that important if AA, lighting, etc are still poor. For example, the problems I dislike the most in GT Sport doesn't have anything to do with it not being "true 4K".

In most cases in PC you are better off with 1800p, 1440p or even 1080p with good Reshade shaders and proper setup than just upping the res to 4K with nothing more. But that's not as easy as turning up a slider and thinking you suddenly have the best of the bestest just with that.

Ligthing and reflections look really good in this one, its scary what they can do on pc with the modding community. I was playing some Driveclub last night and i saw that the game has some sort of a dynamic GI from the player headlights wich is pretty slick

Yeah, Assetto Corsa from 2014 still going strong thanks to modding.

Your Driveclub captures look great, besides lighting the glare and reflections are great too. Honestly surprised you went back to it.

Last edited:

Turk1993

Seems that you don't know the difference. I didn't said that. I said most people are missing out how amazing racing games play in 3D. As you can see, the Forza Horizon 4 capture is not 3D, and 3D can be dynamically activated/deactivated in Reshade. My Epson projector is native 4K60, and besides that I have a 55" LG OLED C6 too, but I guess that won't qualify either for the snobist racing dic4k measure contest.

A lot of people just follow tech trends parroting the same shit they hear. 4K 4K... 4K is not a Holy Grail that makes everything amazing just by doubling the resolution. Something can be"true 4K" and still be pretty bad in more important aspects. 4K is not that important if AA, lighting, etc are still poor. For example, the problems I dislike the most in GT Sport doesn't have anything to do with it not being "true 4K".

In most cases in PC you are better off with 1440p and 1080p with good Reshade shaders and proper setup than just upping the res to 4K with nothing more. But that's not as easy as turning up a slider and thinking you suddenly have the best of the bestest just with that.

Your Driveclub captures look great, besides lighting the glare and reflections are great too. Honestly surprised you went back to it.
Don't get me wrong im also not shouting for 4K 4K all the time, because i also still play at 1080p 100+fps on pc but 4k really makes a diffrence when you sit close to your tv like i do. Im gonna upgrade my pc this year when RTX 3 series arrive, so i can get 4k with over 100+fps on high to ultra settings. After that i wil look for a new 4k 120hz tv, i know there is the C9 but its a oled and i can't take the risk to burn in. Right now i have a 65 inch qled from samsung in my living room wich support 1440p 120hz and 4k 60fps with freesync, and it has one of the lowest latency's for gaming mode's on a 4k tv's. But a projector is just not the same as a tv wich is what i was tryna point out. And yes i play Driveclub regularly the last 2 months. Its just nice going back and playing some of the old games like Driveclub. It just need a pro patch and i can put it in my top 5 best looking racing game. But it suffers really alot because of its AF wich is just horrible.

Ligthing and reflections look really good in this one, its scary what they can do on pc with the modding community.

It really is incredible what has been achieved and I am ever thankful for all of their hard work. I remember reading some posts from the game's original coder, being both in awe of what these guys have done to the engine... and also being distraught about what these guys have done to this engine. He said the coding has been "raped" beyond recognition.

7KeR4r4.png

IOH9KNS.png

PlH0g69.png

Last edited:

FukuDaruma

Is this your channel? Also do you know the mods and settings in Reshade of those clips, they look really nice for AC.

Yes, after some time I decided trying all the shit I could throw into AC & Reshade while keeping gameplay performance and see what comes out. Still some fine tuning to do, specially with the night part, but I'm near done. Once finished I'll make everything public for download and setup.

Some more:

Assetto Corsa - SPA - Red Bull X - 4K60
Mods + Real Head Motion + Reshade

Assetto Corsa - Bathurst - Red Bull X - 4K60
Mods + Neck FX + Reshade

Last edited:

Turk1993

Yes, after some time I decided trying all the shit I could throw into AC & Reshade while keeping gameplay performance and see what comes out. Still some fine tuning to do, specially with the night part, but I'm near done. Once finished I'll make everything public for download and setup.

Some more:

Mods + Neck FX + Reshade

Looks really good, if you could add bloom on the car body like GTS it would be perfect.

FukuDaruma

Looks really good, if you could add bloom on the car body like GTS it would be perfect.

Haha, yeah. That damn GTS bloom is so well balanced and set up. Still trying to mimic it without affecting other white parts. I'm using Reshade's quality PPFXBloom for the environment. Gotta add some specific one for the top highlights.

Last one for today:

Assetto Corsa - Nürburgring - Ferrari LaFerrari - 4K60
Mods + Neck FX + Reshade

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Same. The whole shutting down of Evolution was a total shitty move from Sony. A decent update for the Pro with better res, AA, ... would have been great.
Agree rain is still the best. Droplets were a bit coarse but damn, those realtime fluid dynamics on a base PS4... I'm still surprised nobody has been able to even match that quality in 5 years. Some Evo guys ended up at Codemasters, but none of their games after the absorption have the same quality (neither in rain effects nor in dynamic lighting, volumetrics, ... ). Let's hope SMS+Codemasters can bring some better quality, but that Fast & Furious trailer didn't look good tbh.

It's been quite some time since I played GTS and I did in cockpit camera. Don't remember them looking that bad or distracting during gameplay, but those reflections are certainly very low res.

However they look 60fps to me here:

It's crazy how Driveclub's weather effects might not even be passed in racing games next generation

LostDonkey

Assetto Corsa

k8Kw0X.gif

Some more:

Mods + Neck FX + Reshade

Looks great but the track labelled as Bathurst is actually Brands Hatch.

Also, is the AI driving? The throttle and brake response is very irrational.

Last edited:

FukuDaruma

Looks great but the track labelled as Bathurst is actually Brands Hatch.
Also, is the AI driving? The throttle and brake response is very irrational.

Right, too many videos around and got the name mixed. Thanks for pointing it out.

Yes, I'm using the AI while I tune Reshade in real time. Then I use the Replay in the Benchmark tool to fine tune the Reshade adjustments, as it allows for further control.
Sometimes the AI does some abrupt maneuvers (like at the start of the race) and with some very fast cars like the Red Bull X2010 it can crash pretty bad at some curves.

Last edited:

FukuDaruma

I know what you mean. Driveclub is still the best looking racer visually IMO

We've been harshly discussing this for some time already. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Some aspects are top notch. That weather system is the best there is. But being a 2014 game without a Pro patch it has its shortcomings too: some low res textures, some bad AA, 30fps, ... but it is still amazing to see how good a 2014 base PS4 game looks in 2020.

This is using some 60fps realtime interpolation.

Last edited:

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
We've been harshly discussing this for some time already. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Some aspects are top notch. That weather system is the best there is. But being a 2014 game without a Pro patch it has its shortcomings too: some low res textures, some bad AA, 30fps, ... but it is still amazing to see how good a 2014 base PS4 game looks in 2020.

This is using some 60fps realtime interpolation.

Yeah, I've been following this thread for some time and Driveclub might not have the numbers, but it simulates the look of real life the best to me, along with the replays in GT Sport

thelastword

Banned
Was this posted?

GTS wins but that was expected

I absolutely detest this overly intrusive reflection on the windscreen in Forza 7, you see a big blob on your screen even when the angle does not suit, way overdone and unrealistic, but again Forza has the cheapest solution for reflections...

Audiowise, visually...GT wins of course....

It's crazy how Driveclub's weather effects might not even be passed in racing games next generation
Unless, Sony buys a new Studio and hires Rushy and the boys again...…..I'd love to see RAD do a DC 2, but moreso, I'd just love to see a DriveClub 2 FullStop…..
I know what you mean. Driveclub is still the best looking racer visually IMO
Definitely a tour de force in racing visuals, nothing touches DC in motion.....for the pure visual spectacle......GTS wins as a pure sim if you favor more realistic looking visuals.......I look at games like Horizon and they look like an MS Paint project compared to the complexity and bombastic visuals that you see in DC.....

SLB1904

Banned
Reflections on Forza (pc) when im playing are definitely not 30hz lol.

GTS is a generation behind in reflections, hell there are ps3/360 games that are better.

Shift 2 unleashed is one off the top of my head.

Anyone saying the reflections are a match for Forza even at 30fps needs their head feeling.

lol

Magik85

Regardless they look the most realistic.
Well...yeah real life photos tend to look nicer than real time generated graphics ;)
They have however some massive downsides.
No TOD or weather change during race is a bummer.
It looks nice at first, but seeing the same cloud pattern lap after lap, race after race is breaking the illusuion for me.

Top Bottom