• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-gen Racing Graphics Face-off | (Next-gen means current-gen)

LostDonkey

Sorry for the spam. More Asseto Corsa. :lollipop_fire:

qYTeEt3.jpg

tpzmbZs.jpg

J3aLsrz.jpg
Don't apologise. Keep them coming!

xPikYx

This is their latest game which came out this year. They changed engine from their custom one to Unreal Engine.
uhm nope you're talking about competizione, this one is the original one. Competizione doesn't have such modding community and support like the original one

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
ACC Direct capture from PS4PRO

Man this game wasn't designed with consoles in mind, you can see that clearly. The frame rate isn't even stable 30 and thats with the easiest tod and weather combo you can choose for the system. No shadows and no rain, imagine when it starts raining and its 17:00 with 30% cloud coverage with long shadows. Also the lod pop in is too close, its even worse than GTS. Hope they release a proper version for next gen consoles so that people can enjoy it in a proper way. Because the game has pretty sick physics and graphics.

skneogaf

Have they announced that assetto corsa competizione is getting a free ps5 patch?

Its something I imagine them doing as they're very good with customer relations.

Also is it a smart delivery game? If not I think it will be.

BigLee74

I think in the final version GT7 will have also better textures and lod thanks to the SSD, Forza maybe will have a bit higher res ray tracing thanks to the higher count of the CU's of the Xbox sex

I think I think I think...

... I think you're speaking out your arse and making stupid guesses based on nothing. It's a car racing game. The XSX SSD will be more than far enough to load whatever is needed, PS5 does not have a monopoly.

Let's wait for the games to be revealed, then you can love your GT7 unconditionally dismissing Forza like you normally do anyway.

I think I think I think...

... I think you're speaking out your arse and making stupid guesses based on nothing. It's a car racing game. The XSX SSD will be more than far enough to load whatever is needed, PS5 does not have a monopoly.

Let's wait for the games to be revealed, then you can love your GT7 unconditionally dismissing Forza like you normally do anyway.
Yeah yeah the xsx ssd will be enought...we will see...

Last edited:
Lol what? Stop with the bullshit you dumbshit forza fanboy...

And what they showed in the trailer is just a pre alpha, the final version will be way better.

Very classy indeed 👌.

GTS looks more realistic. GT7 looks more flashy. Depends what you like. Since it's a driving simulator, I prefer realistic.

You keep your opinion and I'll keep mine. How about that?

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
I'm thinking of buying Assetto Corsa Comptizione on console. Forgive me as i know it's a sin (30fps) but iv'e always been interested in it and have thought about buying a PC for it so £35 is ok i suppose just to have a little taste. Plus i do have £20 free credit on Xbox.

skneogaf

I'm thinking of buying Assetto Corsa Comptizione on console. Forgive me as i know it's a sin (30fps) but iv'e always been interested in it and have thought about buying a PC for it so £35 is ok i suppose just to have a little taste. Plus i do have £20 free credit on Xbox.

Hopefully they announce that it will get a patch for the xbox series x for it to be 60fps or more.

I can honestly see them doing it.

LostDonkey

This is apparently a good stream in English with lots of info. I haven't watched it yet.

Hmm. I've skimmed through it and he says it's all there. Same as the PC version, tracks, physics, sound, graphics.

But....it's very jittery and can drop to what feels like 20fps online. He seems to mention the frame rate is very inconsistent.

Something I was very cautious of. I think I'll give it a miss on console. Shame.

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
Hmm. I've skimmed through it and he says it's all there. Same as the PC version, tracks, physics, sound, graphics.

But....it's very jittery and can drop to what feels like 20fps online. He seems to mention the frame rate is very inconsistent.

Something I was very cautious of. I think I'll give it a miss on console. Shame.
Offline in the rain there is no drops with a full grid, seems to be a server issue he thinks, he's going to judge it again Tuesday. He also says it can happen on PC.
Maybe it could be better on Xbox live ????
Like you say it's a shame.

LostDonkey

Offline in the rain there is no drops with a full grid, seems to be a server issue he thinks, he's going to judge it again Tuesday. He also says it can happen on PC.
Maybe it could be better on Xbox live ????
Like you say it's a shame.
Could be an online issue then.

I really want to give it a chance but I'm so torn over the 30fps sim racer. He seems to drive well enough on the stream. Uuuugggg I don't know what to do. I say I'm probably going to give it a miss but I'll probably cave and end up buying it lol.

What is it £35? and you get the intercontinental pack free for the first 2 weeks I believe.

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
Could be an online issue then.

I really want to give it a chance but I'm so torn over the 30fps sim racer. He seems to drive well enough on the stream. Uuuugggg I don't know what to do. I say I'm probably going to give it a miss but I'll probably cave and end up buying it lol.

What is it £35? and you get the intercontinental pack free for the first 2 weeks I believe.
You can get it for £30 if you shop around and you get the dlc which is mainly four tracks and GT4 cars which are coming in December I think.

I've been playing AC last 2 days and it feels great even on game pad, the feeling on the braking with the rumble and triggers is great.(Xb1X)
Also the sound of the cars is on another level compared to GTS.

Last edited:

LostDonkey

You can get it for £30 if you shop around and you get the dlc which is mainly four tracks and GT4 cars which are coming in December I think.

Is that the physical version though. I'm only interested in digital.

And yeah the first AC is brilliant. I have it on PC and PS4Pro. Play with a G29 and even though it's a budget wheel it's still great fun and like you say the sound is phenomenal.

Last edited:

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
Yes physical, I'm torn between Pro and X but I have credit on X.
Is your PC not up to the job? I'd get on it on that if I had one.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
I've been playing AC last 2 days and it feels great even on game pad, the feeling on the braking with the rumble and triggers is great.(Xb1X)
Also the sound of the cars is on another level compared to GTS.

That sounds promising. My willpower to resist trying it out will probably crumble.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
I got the latest Grid game from my humble monthly subscription. How does it compare to these ones I see mentioned most? AC, Forza, Gt?

Nemesisuuu

I got the latest Grid game from my humble monthly subscription. How does it compare to these ones I see mentioned most? AC, Forza, Gt?
IMO on PC it looks quite nice from my experience, on PS4 Pro it has frame rate dips. City tracks have slight PGR vibe, but still - it's not on that level.

Top Bottom