• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Gen Update for Ori 2 Detailed - 4k/120fps or 6k/60fps for XsX, 1080p/120fps or 4k/60fps for XsS

Now optimized for the Xbox Series X
  • 4K HDR locked at 120 FPS
  • Optional 6K Supersampled mode at 60FPS outputting in 4K HDR
  • Highest Graphics and Visual Effects settings
  • Instant Input Response
  • Faster Loading Times
  • High Fidelity Audio with increased Dynamic Range and Convolution Reverb for ambiences
  • Available with Smart Delivery
Now optimized for the Xbox Series S
  • 1080p HDR locked at 120 FPS
  • Optional 4K mode at 60FPS
  • Instant Input Response
  • Faster Loading Times
  • High Fidelity Audio with increased Dynamic Range and Convolution Reverb for ambiences
  • Available with Smart Delivery
Additional Features for the All Xbox Platforms
  • Sharpness Settings added in Graphics Settings for additional control of the image sharpness.
  • Quick Access is now available from In-Game Pause menu
  • Backup Saves are now available from In-Game Pause menu
Bug Fixes and Improvements
  • General performance improvements across all Xbox One SKUs
  • Stability fixes introduced to further remove OOM and Graphics related crashes
  • Fixed several instances of Ori falling out of the world due to scene loading race conditions
  • Additional polish and improvements throughout the game experience
  • Various smaller bug-fixes

Edit:

Gameplay of 6k/60fps on Xbox Series X

Last edited by a moderator:

Stuart360

Quite impressivre for such a beautiful looking game. I remember base XB1 really struggling with it at launch, even the OneX had problems (think they fixed it through). 4k/60 on XSS is quite surprising.

Quite impressivre for such a beautiful looking game. I remember base XB1 really struggling with it at launch, even the OneX had problems (think they fixed it through). 4k/60 on XSS is quite surprising.

I think the first 4k game for Series S? At 60fps no less.

They've clearly put in the effort to optimise for it, hopefully it gets similar support elsewhere.

betrayal

Banned
This is not something new. PC always blurred the lines between generations.

Sure, but I would also say that the PC is usually already one or two generations ahead.

What actually only bothers me is this stupid "Next Gen marketing". I just don't like it when people are fooled. But it always takes two. The one who fools people and the one who lets himself be fooled.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Good stuff. It ran like ass on X1X at launch. Hope everyone who waited has a blast with it, it's easily top 5 2020.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Watch Dogs 1080p on Series S: thread is open season.

Ori 4K/60 on Series S: *thumbleweed rolling in the wind*

Expect this to be the standard for Series S performance threads.

Performance on both consoles is nice I guess, but I didn’t enjoy Ori 2 that much so it’s not the game that’ll make me buy a new XBox.

Banned
I actually don't think that 6k supersampling mode is needed, but I guess why not go for it if they can lol

The Touryst needed its 6k node way more since Shin'en doesn't want to use any post processing AA because that would make the image smudgy, so that 6k mode there is actually just them giving the game some Antialiasing lol

Jose92

[Membe
Really good game. Great upgrades for the next gen Xbox Series s|x. I played it ages ago before the performance enhancment/optimizations happened, wish i waited.

Kuranghi

Looks over-sharpened and the contrast/gamma is altered in a way that makes it looks like bad HDR, do we know if this footage is with the sharpening on? Have they said its definitely native 4K and not upscaling because it doesn't look like native to me.

If you compare the shot at 7:31 from the XSX video, with this video from the PC version running at 4K you can see what I mean (I chose that because seems like the most static shot in both videoes):

The tree especially, but everything that has a high contrast edge on it looks oversharpened imo. The gamma of the image seems altered for the worse, with the right side of the tree being too bright now. I'm guessing thats just poor HDR settings though as the game has awful HDR with default settings and you can't adjust the sliders enough to fully fix it. SDR with my TV's backlight maxed looked better than HDR in almost every way for me.

Sorry for sounding so negative but it doesn't look good imo, I hope its sharpened and that can be turned off and the gamma changes are from HDR, which can also be turned off. That would solve most of my issues with it I think, but I suspect the thickening effect on the image is due to upscaling.

Last edited:
Sorry for sounding so negative but it doesn't look good imo, I hope its sharpened and that can be turned off and the gamma changes are from HDR, which can also be turned off. That would solve most of my issues with it I think, but I suspect the thickening effect on the image is due to upscaling.

I think it looks amazing 🤷‍♂️

Nonetheless, all the settings can be adjusted and, if you can, the 120fps option is going to be superior here anyway.

Kuranghi

I think it looks amazing 🤷‍♂️

Nonetheless, all the settings can be adjusted and, if you can, the 120fps option is going to be superior here anyway.

Fair enough my pal, sharpening and upscaling THICC-effect seems to be the future so I'll have to get used to it on console.

Last edited:

Dunnas

Looks over-sharpened and the contrast/gamma is altered in a way that makes it looks like bad HDR, do we know if this footage is with the sharpening on? Have they said its definitely native 4K and not upscaling because it doesn't look like native to me.
No, it is not native 4K, because it is native 6k. It is all over this thread and it says it is the 6k supersampled version right there on the video????

I’m pretty sure I did read that a sharpening slider was added to the game however.

Last edited:

tryDEATH

Been holding off on this, can't wait to play it as soon as I get my hands on Series X. These optimized for Series X updates really are insane considering they are all free.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Ori and the Will of the Wisps Watermill Escape in Supersampled 6K at 60FPS on Xbox Series X

Can a borderline remaster be entered for Game of the Year?

Because, i think this is now....again one of the best looking games of the year.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Can a borderline remaster be entered for Game of the Year?

Because, i think this is now....again one of the best looking games of the year.
The game originally released this year so it qualifies by all metrics.

MrS

Banned
Looks really beautiful. No doubt Moon have done great work on this title.

Last edited:

Mister Wolf

So it can do 4K if they allow it. Makes it odd that the OG XBOX and 360 backward compatible games aren't 4K.

Last edited:
F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
Awesome sauce to give players all those options. More games should gamers the choice when avaliable.

Black_Stride

The game originally released this year so it qualifies by all metrics.

Wait what?

2020 has really been that much of a piece of shit year I couldnt even imagine have had a good time in it.

Well then I think im gonna have to give this game another go before the awards so I can be extra upset when it doesnt win:
Best Score
Best Art Direction
Best Action Game
Best Game with a baby Owl
Best Audio Design
Best Graphics
Game of the Year.

And yes I know Doom Eternal, Miles Morales, Ghost of Tsu, Animal Crossing and The Last of Us 2 came out this year.
Fuck dem shits ORI.

Black_Stride

They do not want to be purchased, can't force it on a private company.

Totally fair.
As long as they can keep affording to do what they are doing they might as well stay doing what they are doing.

Private Division is publishing their next game yeah?

And isnt Moon Studio that studio that uses distributed development....I seem to remember that about them, so it would make sense that they enjoy being independent.

Top Bottom