• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[NEXT LEVEL lames™] ResetEra sold to M.O.B.A. Network for USD$4.55 million

Status
Not open for further replies.

nush

A boring, heavily policed gaming side stained by political wokeness and an absolutely disgusting off topic board with the worst moderation of all time.

Moba better tread very lightly because these Nancies get their panties in a twist very easily.

Actually the opposite, go in there and bitch slap the mods and admins enabling that place to be a shithole. The nancies no longer having protected status will have to STFU or leave and only the normies will be left.

recma12

How does Moba not realize how high the likelihood is of their userbase leaving en masse in tears?

What a terrible investment :messenger_tears_of_joy: Somebody at Moba never did their research.

Pretty sure this is about the name and the user database.
Since they require proper email addresses, ban alt accounts and verify some members that data itself is worth a lot.

Let’s not act like these Swedish dudes are idiots, they know what they are doing.

uWDxSIe.png

Royalan still on the copeium.
How can Cerium still be relevant. The guy ghosted with a car filled with dollar bills. He never had a presence there in the first place...

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
How many splinter forums have already split off from Reset in 4 years? I think GAF only had what, 4 or 5 over 2 decades?

They have:
- MetaCouncil
- XboxEra
- Famiboards
- Installbase

If you ask me, GAF is much more alive than these forums.

They have:
- MetaCouncil
- XboxEra
- Famiboards
- Installbase

If you ask me, GAF is much more alive than these forums.
So I just checked all of these sites out and to register for installbase you have to give them minimum 50 words on why you want to join.

Why? Surely joining a forum doesn't need justification, you're there to talk about the niche thing they offer. Weird if you ask me.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Someone in off topic on xboxera has just asked when halloween is…

I mean could be a troll but really?

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
nush nush and Maiden Voyage Maiden Voyage

What's the current state of shit in a nutshell?
I'm about to wade through the filth. I'll report back. Status as of yesterday afternoon was that everything was largely winding down. I could easily see the mods locking the topic down after the post has been up for 1 week. After that, most likely things will seemingly go back to normal. You might notice a few mods stepping down without much fanfare and with it, suddenly less and less activity. Or, everything could go in one explosive event where Moba puts in place ads that the site sees as problematic. Let's hope for the latter. :)

Doczu

Honestly surprised they haven’t locked the discussion. I’m laughing at the fact after Royalan got kicked off the mod team he got brought back just to deal with this shit.
Locking it now would spread it through the whole site. Multiple new threads, thread takeovers. They know what they are doing. Wait it over, close rhe thread, hope.for the best.

Pest is thst ERA will have to change, so the vocal (minority?) will leave.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
UkE4Bkj.jpg

3wJPyr4.jpg

I don't think this is true across all situations, but I do notice those that tend to work in social occupations tend to have a holier than thou attitude. Seems like this is the case for Royalan.

MMZHILZ.jpg

Come On Reaction GIF by NBA

Honestly surprised they haven’t locked the discussion. I’m laughing at the fact after Royalan got kicked off the mod team he got brought back just to deal with this shit.
Might be a term in the agreement or something. Era has to keep the announcement up for 7 days, blah blah blah. Doubtful, but could be?

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I'm about to wade through the filth. I'll report back. Status as of yesterday afternoon was that everything was largely winding down. I could easily see the mods locking the topic down after the post has been up for 1 week. After that, most likely things will seemingly go back to normal. You might notice a few mods stepping down without much fanfare and with it, suddenly less and less activity. Or, everything could go in one explosive event where Moba puts in place ads that the site sees as problematic. Let's hope for the latter. :)

Thanks sailor! Appreciate it.

Haven't been reading this thread at all almost. Couple posts here and there. Enough drama in my own life atm lol.

Maybe when I'll take a bath I'll go through the thread. It's subject is fascinating

Also appreciate the screengrabs although they're annoying to read on mobile so i stopped bothering =(

Last edited:

RAÏSanÏa

One of the "benefits" of these external justifications for the Ree team(and for our future entertainment and exploitation) is these will keep them entrenched in their dissonance until the next wave hits.

Small wonder they complain about recurring and constant psychic damage even outside the bounds of their professional victim grift. What's left of their minds want out of there, too.

So I just checked all of these sites out and to register for installbase you have to give them minimum 50 words on why you want to join.

Why? Surely joining a forum doesn't need justification, you're there to talk about the niche thing they offer. Weird if you ask me.
Just copy pasta Snormy's post. It's too long to read so they'll be forced to accept you since they can't check it

Wildebeest

So these era mods work for free and want to be seen as "people from nowhere" with a universal perspective on everything wrong with the world? They do this just so they can enjoy being as judgemental as they want about people who they know next to nothing about? Say it ain't so.

Cyberpunkd

So I checked that 'furry' thing on WIkipedia:
The furry fandom has its roots in the underground comix movement of the 1970s, a genre of comic books that depicts explicit content.[5] In 1976, a pair of cartoonists created the amateur press association Vootie, which was dedicated to animal-focused art. Many of its featured works contained adult themes, such as "Omaha" the Cat Dancer, which contained explicit sex.[6] Vootie grew a small following over the next several years, and its contributors began meeting at science fiction and comics conventions.
It literally started as a comic book zoophilia.

Season 2 Wtf GIF by Parks and Recreation

Kev Kev

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
So, someone else on another site found this:

I've taken the liberty of highlighting the points I feel are valid for Era by changing the text color to gold.

Ten warning signs of a potentially unsafe group/leader.​

1. Absolute authoritarianism without meaningful accountability.
  2. No tolerance for questions or critical inquiry.
  3. No meaningful financial disclosure regarding budget, expenses such as an independently audited financial statement.
  4. Unreasonable fear about the outside world, such as impending catastrophe, evil conspiracies and persecutions.
  5. There is no legitimate reason to leave, former followers are always wrong in leaving, negative or even evil.
  6. Former members often relate the same stories of abuse and reflect a similar pattern of grievances.
  7. There are records, books, news articles, or television programs that document the abuses of the group/leader.
  8. Followers feel they can never be "good enough".
  9. The group/leader is always right.
  10. The group/leader is the exclusive means of knowing "truth" or receiving validation, no other process of discovery is really acceptable or credible.

Ten warning signs regarding people involved in/with a potentially unsafe group/leader.​

1. Extreme obsessiveness regarding the group/leader resulting in the exclusion of almost every practical consideration.
  2. Individual identity, the group, the leader and/or God as distinct and separate categories of existence become increasingly blurred. Instead, in the follower's mind these identities become substantially and increasingly fused--as that person's involvement with the group/leader continues and deepens.
  3. Whenever the group/leader is criticized or questioned it is characterized as "persecution".
  4. Uncharacteristically stilted and seemingly programmed conversation and mannerisms, cloning of the group/leader in personal behavior.
  5. Dependency upon the group/leader for problem solving, solutions, and definitions without meaningful reflective thought. A seeming inability to think independently or analyze situations without group/leader involvement.
  6. Hyperactivity centered on the group/leader agenda, which seems to supercede any personal goals or individual interests.
  7. A dramatic loss of spontaneity and sense of humor.
  8. Increasing isolation from family and old friends unless they demonstrate an interest in the group/leader.
  9. Anything the group/leader does can be justified no matter how harsh or harmful.
  10. Former followers are at best-considered negative or worse evil and under bad influences. They can not be trusted and personal contact is avoided.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom