• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[NEXT LEVEL lames™] ResetEra sold to M.O.B.A. Network for USD$4.55 million

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have one or two things in mind. One option would really truly fuck things up for Era and MOBA - potential dealbreaker - and the other is something fun for all of us.
Girl Why Dont We Have Both GIF

Here is another good reason why Era needs to go. banning people for asking for details or an outside link to substantiate claims of rape is INSANE.
2D5Xkg6.jpg

This is a really good point and another issue I have with the site.

You could go on there and post a random rumour about someone and say they are a rapist and straight away everyone is like “GUILTY!!!!”

There is no innocent until proven guilty, no due process, no looking at the evidence.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Ya I can see the new owners who just paid 4.5M giving away equal shares of their new asset to all the mods. Sounds plausible.
What?

I thought all those mods who chimed in said being a free volunteer mod was a virtuous kind of thing, so you arent biased towards bosses paying, and being paid means more scrutiny in work as opposed to just leaving as a free hand.

Looks like the open hand is eager for a pay out the whole time. What a surprise.

Buyers are awfully quiet.

No entertainment.
I got a reply back from one in LinkedIn (one of the board members) …she replied back in English and just said she will pass it onto someone who can give me more detailed info

I basically went in and said I was a shareholder and was asking why the company was purchasing a site that is being run by people that allow users to attack people they don’t like on the internet and bully others to suicide and I linked some of the Hecht (admin) promoting doxxing and some of their greatest hits threads wishing death to politicians/celebrities in quiet a long message

I also mentioned they ban discussion of some of the games they promote and was debating selling my shares as I don’t support helping people with these sorts of views/behaviours

I’m guessing she has an assistant who replies back for all communications as it was a different name but as I said…board members generally reply back to emails/messages with people …I’ll post back the official response I get

they all have LinkedIns…get cracking people

Yoboman

I got a reply back from one in LinkedIn (one of the board members) …she replied back in English and just said she will pass it onto someone who can give me more detailed info

I basically went in and said I was a shareholder and was asking why the company was purchasing a site that is being run by people that allow users to attack people they don’t like on the internet and bully others to suicide and I linked some of the Hecht (admin) promoting doxxing and some of their greatest hits threads wishing death to politicians/celebrities in quiet a long message

I also mentioned they ban discussion of some of the games they promote and was debating selling my shares as I don’t support helping people with these sorts of views/behaviours

I’m guessing she has an assistant who replies back for all communications as it was a different name but as I said…board members generally reply back to emails/messages with people …I’ll post back the official response I get

fastnloud GIF

Gifmaker

I agree with everything you say, except the part in bold. I don't think they're keeping it cool because they hope to profit out of it. I think they're being honest about not caring about the money and fundamentally not being able to complain since they're volunteering there.

I think they're simply in for power. Being moderators on Reset Era is probably the most powerful position they'll ever hold in life, and for them that is worth more than money. Overall, their entire ideology uses oppression as an excuse to gain power.
That's entirely possible, but from my POV it would be all the more reason for them to be wary of this acquisition and feel sold out. Wouldn't they want to bond stronger with the community then and help making plans to eventually abandon the ship in order to keep what little power they have?
They must realise that the MOBA deal is definitely a threat to their positions of power, because there is a high likelihood for them to be replaced if they clutched on to their promoted principles. If they aren't just incredibly gullible - which, for the record, I wouldn't put past the mod team - and are just ever so easily swayed by Cerium's empty and meaningless promises, they would have all the more reason to fear for their power now that control over the forum has been handed over to a corporation. I'd imagine they would be fuming and up in arms about it all the more actually because of the acquisition - unless they have some concrete reason to believe that their positions are not immediately threatened by these changes. Such as contractual obligations.

I really dunno, could be either way, but it definitely feels to me like there is more at work here than they have been willing to admit.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member

I love you.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
The reaction overall is just soooooo... Resetera.

If it was a healthy community (mentally and emotionally) people would be taking a wait-and-see approach, but what we're seeing is a hunger for "revolution".

Just like what happened here in 2017, its just a pretext for miserable people to larp a peasant uprising and pantomime as much outrage as possible.

For the members its an opportunity to prove their slacktivist credentials!

The only real difference is that this time the mods aren't egging them on, because they are shitting bricks about retaining their authority whilst quietly angling to see what juice (monetary or otherwise) they can squeeze out of the new management.

Had MOBA really done their due diligence when they bought the bill of goods they'd have seen this coming... that they haven't seemingly might indicate some buyers remorse kicking in.

nush

Gold Member
captainraincoat captainraincoat StreetsofBeige StreetsofBeige Maiden Voyage Maiden Voyage

I've had a sleep on in and realized that I've missed the wood for the trees guys when it comes to the retcon of the creation of Resetera and timeline mods are pushing
QVEK6uH.png

Even when there is detailed documented evidence of how it all went down (Kiwis around p196)
k7c1Bde.png

It's because that's the story they were telling to potential buyers and eventually MOBA. That sanitized story allows Cerium to avoid facing the uncomfortable truth that he was a ringleader in destabilizing GAF to get the userbase just for for his own financial gain. "We were already up and running, the GAF users just chose to come to us as we had a just and fair community with welcome arms". Now the mods have to stay on script.

giphy.gif

captainraincoat captainraincoat StreetsofBeige StreetsofBeige Maiden Voyage Maiden Voyage

I've had a sleep on in and realized that I've missed the wood for the trees guys when it comes to the retcon of the creation of Resetera and timeline mods are pushing
QVEK6uH.png

Even when there is detailed documented evidence of how it all went down (Kiwis around p196)
k7c1Bde.png

It's because that's the story they were telling to potential buyers and eventually MOBA. That sanitized story allows Cerium to avoid facing the uncomfortable truth that he was a ringleader in destabilizing GAF to get the userbase just for for his own financial gain. "We were already up and running, the GAF users just chose to come to us as we had a just and fair community with welcome arms". Now the mods have to stay on script.

giphy.gif
We need a movie of this stuff.

Hardensoul

QVEK6uH.png

k7c1Bde.png

giphy.gif

I was just browsing during the breakup, to me it looked like the Resetera site was ready before the exodus. It seem to happen very quickly for a new site.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Can someone quickly explain to me why there are 133 pages on this topic and why I should care?
Short answer it’s been mostly
Tv Land Lol GIF by nobodies.

Longer answer
Will Ferrell Reaction GIF

It’s just GAF laughing at the fact the owner of reset error pulled a long con. Sold the site for 4.5 million fucked off.

the rest of era is coming to the conclusion that the mods were shafted and the most have been acting like it’s fine and been telling the users to shut up and throw tags around. While some users have been getting banned and others are acting like all is ok.

oh and the mods might get fuck all in payment. But it’s ok because cerium was a nice guy and checked in on them from time to time.

Last edited:

th4tguy

Why would you want to stop the sell though? You stop the sell and give them something to unite behind. They feel like THEY did something to prevent the forums from going to the evil company.
Let the sell happen. Let them react and handle their own stuff.
With the above action, you are actually probably helping the problem people on that forum.

Y-Z

Love this topic! Used to be active here and went to resetera when things crashed down. But, I always walked on eggshells over there, because I could not share my opinion on anything. I just knew the banhammer was waving above me if I spoke out with my true opinions. That's why I quit posting there and just lurk the gaming forums.

Long story short: if you'll have me, I gladly return here GAF, I missed you guys.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Love this topic! Used to be active here and went to resetera when things crashed down. But, I always walked on eggshells over there, because I could not share my opinion on anything. I just knew the banhammer was waving above me if I spoke out with my true opinions. That's why I quit posting there and just lurk the gaming forums.

Long story short: if you'll have me, I gladly return here GAF, I missed you guys.
Last Man Standing Drinking GIF by FOX TV

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom