• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Logical Step for Forza Horizon 6

I been playing the game none stop since its Early Access launch and had a blast. Planning on 100% this game just like i did with Forza Horizon 4.

I know there is a Forza Horizon 5 thread, but this is more about the future of the franchise or Forza Horizon 6 rather.

Forza Horizon 6 will be ditching previous gen Xbox One which will enable the game to truly shine and be built from the ground up for the current gen systems Xbox Series S and X.

With how consistent Playground Games is with the franchise what is the next big logical step for series in order for it to move forward and wow the fans once again and the racing genre as a whole?

In my humble opinion, I think if they add new vehicle types it would be extremely exciting and even more fun.

Imagine having motorcycles or even boat races. Thanks to the SSD, they can pull off a wider/bigger map (if needed) and add new gameplay locations for the new vehicle types.

Having new types of vehicles would add so much more to the current perfect gameplay mechanics, handling and overall feel off the cars and driving itself.

I know that The Crew 2 kind of did this, but this is Forza Horizon and Playground Games we are talking about.

Sure, we're going to get another cool location to play in, but is that truly enough?

Forza Horizon 6 being the first true next-gen entry for the franchise needs to do something different or unexpected that pushes it to the next level.

What would YOU like too see in Forza Horizon 6?

TheMan

Bikes and ATVs would be ok. Or, doing their take on the crew but with the Playground polish would be rad. Aside from expanding the types of vehicles available, I'm not sure how they could otherwise iterate on their current formula- it's pretty much perfected.

Last edited:
Bikes and ATVs would be ok. Or, doing their take on the crew but with the Playground polish would be rad. Aside from expanding the types of vehicles available, I'm not sure how else they could otherwise iterate on their current formula- it's pretty much perfected.
I really like the Accolades system. I hope they keep that moving forward and expand on it.

Fredrik

I’m still waiting on FH5 to release but just going by what I’ve played in the serie before I want two things. Nitro boost and mud physics.

They should keep going with cars, I didn’t like bikes in Driveclub or Motorstorm or just about any game besides Trials/Kickstart so I don’t want that.

FH6 should be Japan finally.
A bit more underground street racing culture festival. Just change up some stuff.
FH7 should ditch the numbered release and be FH World. Just like Flight Sim you should be able to drive the whole planet thanks to satellite data and cloud.

That's fitting for a late into the generation game and should be possible in 2027/2028

Last edited:

Javthusiast

Banned
japan sakura GIF

Fredrik

Thinking out of the box. What if they went to Brazil and add water and wave physics and boats and hover crafts? Racing on the Amazon river would be awesome!
Could be a third IP though, boats is a whole new world to explore. Forza Waves

WorldHero

I think it's Japan right? Hopefully MS gets their ray tracing down to where we can see it during gameplay. It may also come out during the time for a mid gen refresh? I'm down for some import cars and bikes.

Riky

$MSFT
I presume Playground will be using the next gen Turn 10 engine for their next game, to shake it up a bit I'd like them to do a PGR reboot next, deserves a comeback.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Next logical step is for FH6 to take a big breather and dont promote coming out for ages! I'm still waiting for FM8 which I hope is 2022! If MS spaces out the games, it might be 2023.

Last edited:

Pakoe

Gold Member
I want a better selection of cars, more modern ones. Right now, a majority of the cars are outdated.
New AMGs, VW Rs, Audi RSs, Seat Cupra etc. Not only supercars.

Jennings

• Instead of limiting the game to one location, FH6 should utilize the full power of Microsoft Azure and allow players to enter any GPS coordinate or address into the game each session and Forza will generate maps and tracks there based on available satellite and terrain data.
  • Mountable turrets and other road combat upgrades in the first big FH6 DLC.
  • A relationship and marriage system for player drivers and other Drivatars.
  • A repair and insurance mechanism to help give sloppy racing a more impactful penalty.
  • A vehicle lease system so players can pay to borrow cars for a few hours at a time when they can't yet afford them in-game.
  • Grindable coupons, vouchers, and rebates that players can earn and redeem at dealerships for the real life counterparts of specific vehicles and brands.
  • A passenger system so the player doesn't have to do all the driving and can switch out as needed.

Last edited:
  • Instead of limiting the game to one location, FH6 should utilize the full power of Microsoft Azure and allow players to enter any GPS coordinate or address into the game each session and Forza will generate maps and tracks there based on available satellite and terrain data.
  • Mountable turrets and other road combat upgrades in the first big FH6 DLC.
  • A relationship and marriage system for player drivers and other Drivatars.
  • A repair and insurance mechanism to help give sloppy racing a more impactful penalty.
  • A vehicle lease system so players can pay to borrow cars for a few hours at a time when they can't yet afford them in-game.
  • Grindable coupons, vouchers, and rebates that players can earn and redeem at dealerships for the real life counterparts of specific vehicles and brands.
  • A passenger system so the player doesn't have to do all the driving and can switch out as needed.
Jesus 😂😂😂

Fahdis

You guys need to stop fantasizing about the same places we have played in other games. This Japan shit is annoying. Give me obscure places like Iran, Turkey, Pakistan, Nigeria, Indonesia and other unknown places to the world that are just as beautiful. It's like devs are stuck in the same old mindset of "these are all the places we know". FH3 Aussie was sort of a breath of fresh air.

P.S. A Levant setting with an accurate Jerusalem/Damascus would be a dream for me.

Last edited:

Wizz-Art

I would love an unusual setting like Eastern Europe/Russia or India, Indonesia next, that would be awesome! I love the music/car festival vibe since the first one and I hope they never get rid of it! Actually for me Forza Horizon is great setting, nice exploring, good dance music and awesome customizable cars so they have been perfect since the first sequel imo.

sinisterpanda

Neo Member
I'm a ps5 gamer so I might be wrong but I think the community wants underground/carbon-esque concrete neon cities with big skyscrapers instead of meadows and mountains.

Lokaum D+

Imagine a Forza with the same mecanic that Rift Apart has, like u are running and u can enter portals that ll transport u to Past of Future or some Crazy dimension

Last edited:
Top Bottom